PDA

View Full Version : Ot syp

Scum-Triumphant
06-09-2022, 07:28 AM
Not a great look for South Yorkshire Police and training methods in Rotherham.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-62754098

Grist_To_The_Mill
06-09-2022, 09:10 AM
Not a great look for South Yorkshire Police and training methods in Rotherham.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-62754098

Hmm...more BBC " selective" reporting

great_fire
06-09-2022, 09:12 AM
It'a well-documented that Rotherham police and the council have inappropriate relationships with certain people and their relatives.

millertop
06-09-2022, 11:54 AM
Hmm...more BBC " selective" reporting

Correct

KerrAvon
06-09-2022, 12:59 PM
It'a well-documented that Rotherham police and the council have inappropriate relationships with certain people and their relatives.
This story is about the National Crime Agency, not SYP or the 'Rotherham police'.

Back of the net
06-09-2022, 02:11 PM
This story is about the National Crime Agency, not SYP or the 'Rotherham police'.

But that wouldn’t suit the narrative.
When police are involved they are obviously wrong.

great_fire
06-09-2022, 04:32 PM

Better change the thread title then.

I think the key point is "special treatment", the woman who was unfairly dismissed was correct in saying that everyone should be treated the same and should be equal under the law.

The fact that they aren't is the reason we have Operation Stovewood.

Grist_To_The_Mill
06-09-2022, 05:20 PM

I think the key point is "special treatment", the woman who was unfairly dismissed was correct in saying that everyone should be treated the same and should be equal under the law.

The moral to the story is if you are sent on an indoctrination course just nod your head

Pattylallacks2
06-09-2022, 05:45 PM
The moral to the story is if you are sent on an indoctrination course just nod your head

That's what they told the Uyghurs, but they kept falling off

Scum-Triumphant
06-09-2022, 05:49 PM

Not really because she won the case.

KerrAvon
06-09-2022, 06:19 PM

I didn't write the title to the thread.

If everyone shared the same characteristics then treating everyone the same would be fine, but we don't.

I recall a time when I visited a prison at a time when only female officers were available to search me. I didn't mind but had to sign a waiver to confirm that, whereas a female colleague did not. They were being sensitive to one of my characteristics (being male), but in doing so treated me differently. I'm completely comfortable with that.

KerrAvon
06-09-2022, 06:28 PM
Or think before you speak.

Pattylallacks2
06-09-2022, 06:37 PM
Or think before you speak.

Mmm, sound advice

great_fire
07-09-2022, 01:27 PM
Not really because she won the case.

Sounds like only on a technicality.

Grist_To_The_Mill
07-09-2022, 01:50 PM
Sounds like only on a technicality.

Basically they wanted to sack her for speaking her mind and making comments they didn't like.

But being basically incompetent they failed

KerrAvon
07-09-2022, 04:46 PM
No, they wanted to sack her for making mind numbingly stupid comments that called into question her ability to carry out her duties without prejudice.

The stupidity of her comments can be demonstrated in the passage: "They can always go home" on a course about conducting searches and arrests within people's homes.

Grist_To_The_Mill
07-09-2022, 04:59 PM
No, they wanted to sack her for making mind numbingly stupid comments that called into question her ability to carry out her duties without prejudice.

The stupidity of her comments can be demonstrated in the passage: "They can always go home" on a course about conducting searches and arrests within people's homes.

No, the tribunal didn't judge on that so that part of the passage was probably made up.

It was a witch hunt gone wrong

KerrAvon
07-09-2022, 07:08 PM
No, the tribunal did not make a finding of fact on the allegations, but when has such detail troubled you? You've gone from 'they wanted to sack her for speaking her mind' to not believing that she spoke her mind in two posts.

Can we agree that if she made the alleged comments she is wholly unsuited to being a police officer?

Grist_To_The_Mill
07-09-2022, 07:15 PM
No, the tribunal did not make a finding of fact on the allegations, but when has such detail troubled you? You've gone from 'they wanted to sack her for speaking her mind' to not believing that she spoke her mind in two posts.

Can we agree that if she made the alleged comments she is wholly unsuited to being a police officer?

No we can’t

And never will whilst alleged comments are taken to be factual

KerrAvon
07-09-2022, 07:26 PM
So to be completely clear, your position is that even if the alleged comments were made, you would not consider them to render a police officer unfit to serve in that role.

ragingpup
07-09-2022, 08:51 PM
So to be completely clear, your position is that even if the alleged comments were made, you would not consider them to render a police officer unfit to serve in that role.

I think in Gristy's world, the comments would be considered to be for senior ranking.

"There’s no room for men like you in my force, Savage. I’m transferring you to the SPG"

great_fire
07-09-2022, 10:55 PM
Could do with the SPG back the amount of crime we have now.

KerrAvon
08-09-2022, 01:50 AM
The SPG's claim to fame was that they beat a teacher from New Zealand to death and then tried to cover it up.

I've always seen that as a rather ineffective method for detecting and prosecuting crime and certainly don't see it as an a viable tool in dealing with the current explosion in online fraud, but I suppose that anything is possible in your world, gf.

great_fire
08-09-2022, 08:29 AM
The SPG's claim to fame was that they beat a teacher from New Zealand to death and then tried to cover it up.

I've always seen that as a rather ineffective method for detecting and prosecuting crime and certainly don't see it as an a viable tool in dealing with the current explosion in online fraud, but I suppose that anything is possible in your world, gf.

I think more people are concerned with burglaries and theft.

Police are more concerned with "misgendering" and "non-crime hate incidents" anyway, fraud would be a step up.