PDA

View Full Version : The Cricket.

mickd1961
10-09-2022, 04:03 PM
I’ve been saying all summer that Harry Brook should be playing.

He’s only 12 not out as I write this but I’ve seen enough to know that he should be opening the batting instead of the useless Crawley.

Super technique and as cool as a cucumber.

This lad will play for England for the next 15 years, fitness allowing and will captain the side after Stokes.

Bombers right foot
10-09-2022, 04:13 PM
Sorry Mick, But as much as I like Harry Brook, and it’s fantastic to see him playing for England, and as a Yorkshire supporter I see him most games, he is a tremendous talent and deserves his place for England, but an opening batsmen he most certainly is not.
Joe Root needs to get back to playing the Root way, this over positive malarkey is not him,I can’t see him scoring another ton for a while playing like this, he’s making a mug of himself
As for Crawley, never an international cricketer in a million years, Lees was crap for Yorkshire we got rid to Durham

mickd1961
10-09-2022, 04:29 PM
Sorry Mick, But as much as I like Harry Brook, and it’s fantastic to see him playing for England, and as a Yorkshire supporter I see him most games, he is a tremendous talent and deserves his place for England, but an opening batsmen he most certainly is not.
Joe Root needs to get back to playing the Root way, this over positive malarkey is not him,I can’t see him scoring another ton for a while playing like this, he’s making a mug of himself
As for Crawley, never an international cricketer in a million years, Lees was crap for Yorkshire we got rid to Durham

It’s about technique, Brook has the perfect one to open with.

Where do you live Bomber, I didn’t realise you were in Yorkshire?

Bombers right foot
10-09-2022, 04:55 PM
It’s about technique, Brook has the perfect one to open with.

Where do you live Bomber, I didn’t realise you were in Yorkshire?

Near Saltburn, sunny at the Oval, thick mist and rain all day here

Albionmad
10-09-2022, 05:12 PM
"He’s only 12 not out as I write this. "

You jinxed him Mick

mickd1961
10-09-2022, 05:33 PM
"He’s only 12 not out as I write this. "

You jinxed him Mick

I know 😩

One of a series of poor shots played today by many but his overall technique is excellent.

phild
11-09-2022, 04:54 PM
This could end up being a two day test - I think the word TEST will be dropped soon if it carries on like this

kettering_baggie
11-09-2022, 05:21 PM
There’s been some very poor cricket played, batting especially. As I write this, England are 65-0 but I still don’t feel confident! Rather like watching The Albion!

mickd1961
11-09-2022, 05:27 PM
There’s been some very poor cricket played, batting especially. As I write this, England are 65-0 but I still don’t feel confident! Rather like watching The Albion!

The frenetic pace can be perhaps forgiven for this match given the shortness of time available and the weather.

Our bowling attack is very high quality at the moment apart from Leach, it strikes me that HE himself knows he isn’t good enough, it’s like he’s an imposter or someone picked from the crowd due to a player shortage.

A proper spinning all rounder would add so much to our side, I still can’t understand what Moen is playing at?

kettering_baggie
11-09-2022, 05:31 PM
Moeen isn’t consistent enough, either in his batting or bowling.

mickd1961
11-09-2022, 06:09 PM
Moeen isn’t consistent enough, either in his batting or bowling.

195 wickets for Moeen in 64 tests and a batting average of of 28 which should be better.

Leach 95 wickets in 28 matches and a batting average of 13.

If you could pick only one of them it’s a no brainer to pick Ali Kets.

kettering_baggie
11-09-2022, 07:51 PM
195 wickets for Moeen in 64 tests and a batting average of of 28 which should be better.

Leach 95 wickets in 28 matches and a batting average of 13.

If you could pick only one of them it’s a no brainer to pick Ali Kets.

I think the problems for Moeen have been in his recent matches. If yo look at the total figures, yes, Moeen looks far better but I think the decision not to use Moeen has been based on his recent performances and maybe he wishes to reduce his workload and focus more on the wretched white ball game?

mickd1961
12-09-2022, 11:10 AM
A win but a horrible innings by Lees and Crawley dropped at least twice.

kettering_baggie
12-09-2022, 11:57 AM
Two dropped catches, not difficult ones, and another missed catch off Lees; I don’t remember Crawley giving a chance, give the bloke credit for a decent innings. Lees, though, looked dreadful and should have been out first ball.

mickd1961
12-09-2022, 12:03 PM
Two dropped catches, not difficult ones, and another missed catch off Lees; I don’t remember Crawley giving a chance, give the bloke credit for a decent innings. Lees, though, looked dreadful and should have been out first ball.

Crawley had a least one life when he was dropped at mid wicket yesterday.

There as an edge between first slip and the keeper as well and maybe another drop there.

kettering_baggie
12-09-2022, 12:09 PM
I think Lady Luck was on England’s side, had Elgar reviewed his LBW decision he would not have been out and that could have put a different complexion on the game but England went for it and it paid off, again! As they say, faint heart never ******* fair maid!

billsbest
12-09-2022, 03:55 PM
Fastest ever opening partnership of 100 in English test history! Kind of weird!!