PDA

View Full Version : FAO anyone involved at D4L

scottg
28-09-2022, 12:50 PM
The lack of any effort at this time by Dee4Life to ‘Represent Dundee FC Supporters’ as they claim to on their media page really disappoints me. In my view they should have been collating the concerns of their members and looking for answers in advance of Monday for no other reason than to identify any potential pitfalls and to try and mitigate any problems that arise during the proposed move. This might also help them support the best interests of us all by way of developing a Plan B in the event the whole thing stutters, fails and collapses.
I dropped them a note more than a week ago and got no reply, I also had my membership renewed by way of a payment taken from my bank with no note of thanks, acknowledgement or words of encouragement.
If they are to be serious about growing the membership then I really think these are things they need to be doing. It’s pretty sad when we are relying on Arab and DC Journalist Steve Finan to put out in the public domain a piece headed ‘Fans need to stay vigilant to safeguard the club’s soul’.
I remain a firm believer in the benefits of having a Football Trust, I’m full of respect and am grateful to those giving up their time to make that happen BUT it’s time for the Working Groups set up months ago to deliver and for those involved to become more visible. Nowhere to be seen or heard and bar the two periods of administration I don’t think there has ever been a greater need for them to be so.

BCram
28-09-2022, 05:35 PM
Not sure that I agree with you. It seems like there has been a great deal of effort put in by the DFC board to give the Campy project a boost. I think the tacit support, or possibly the lack of hostile comment from fans groups has shown that shouting at the owners wasn't needed after the Open Letter Group made plain their concerns in such a public way.
I share your concerns about what happens if Campy isn't built but I can't see how the effort to build Campy and the expense so far, is part of a plan by FPS to disinvestment in DFC.
There are communications coming from the Dee4life board to the members and Iit seems that there will not be statements for the media to discuss coming out from them.
Perhaps this is a better way to deal with DFC?
Everyone will be watching and I am sure that if there are signs that Campy will not appear, Dee4life will be ready to play a role.
Fan based ownership seems to me to be a difficult model to use, without some major financial benefit, like owning your own ground, or having a substantial backer.

scottg
28-09-2022, 06:12 PM
Got the bit where you say you weren’t sure you agree.
After that I’m struggling to understand why much of what you say is relevant to my own post. For example I don’t mention fan based ownership etc
Apologies

BCram
28-09-2022, 09:30 PM
Got the bit where you say you weren’t sure you agree.
After that I’m struggling to understand why much of what you say is relevant to my own post. For example I don’t mention fan based ownership etc
Apologies
My apologies. I thought your reference to a football Trust meant the trust had an ownership role and I assumed the driving force for such a trust would be fans. I think but I do not know, that Dee4Life have changed the way they work. They are not saying anything in public about the DFC board and perhaps this is the right approach given that Campy seems to be moving forwardd.

scottg
28-09-2022, 09:51 PM
Cheers.

Deebunked
02-10-2022, 06:11 AM
My apologies. I thought your reference to a football Trust meant the trust had an ownership role and I assumed the driving force for such a trust would be fans. I think but I do not know, that Dee4Life have changed the way they work. They are not saying anything in public about the DFC board and perhaps this is the right approach given that Campy seems to be moving forwardd.

Moving forward? What's changed since it was first put together other than they now fantasise a 15,000 seat stadium will be approved with one entrance from the Kingsway and one exit at the Camperdown gates?

This from the same people who made huge announcements about moving to Gardyne, a place that didn't have a single pitch that could be trained on. Offices are nice though.

islaydarkblue
03-10-2022, 11:36 AM
Moving forward? What's changed since it was first put together other than they now fantasise a 15,000 seat stadium will be approved with one entrance from the Kingsway and one exit at the Camperdown gates?

This from the same people who made huge announcements about moving to Gardyne, a place that didn't have a single pitch that could be trained on. Offices are nice though.
Nothing.
There is still no area set aside for the Remembrance/Memorial Gardens for the Crematorium in the Lego plans.
According to the consultation last Monday there will only be one exit road for the reduced number of cars and buses in the stadium car parks with car drivers having to wait until the supporters buses have left the car parks before they are allowed to join the long queue to join the mini roundabout at the Camperdown gates.

islaydarkblue
03-10-2022, 11:41 AM

The lack of training pitches to train on at Gardyne Road looks like someone has not done their homework prior to the Club signing the contract to rent Gardyne Road for the next four years. This person should be taking responsibility for this fiasco and resigning with immediate effect.

BCram
03-10-2022, 04:14 PM

I think FpS are moving forward.

islaydarkblue
03-10-2022, 04:46 PM
I think FpS are moving forward.
In which way.

scottg
03-10-2022, 05:24 PM
I hope you have more luck getting an answer than I did further up the thread Islay !!!

BCram
03-10-2022, 05:36 PM
In which way.
Towards building Campy.

BCram
03-10-2022, 05:38 PM
Towards building Campy.
Good letter from Dee4Life explaining the work going on to build friendships within the various supporter groups.

grantzer
03-10-2022, 05:41 PM
Towards building Campy.

Not sure that's a good thing....

noahrab
03-10-2022, 05:50 PM
Not sure that's a good thing....

Troll alert.

scottg
03-10-2022, 05:53 PM
Now that’s what I call a prompt reply Islay, maybe you want to try and take a page out of BCrams book.
Impressive !

thegen65
03-10-2022, 06:21 PM
Islay if i am not mistaken you are on the board of Dee4 life or whatever it is called these days. Are you able to respond to any of the points raised by Scott in the opening post of this thread?

BCram
03-10-2022, 10:58 PM
Islay if i am not mistaken you are on the board of Dee4 life or whatever it is called these days. Are you able to respond to any of the points raised by Scott in the opening post of this thread?
I think it may be difficult for Islay to reply, and I would not blame him for declining to answer. It seems pretty clear that Dee4Life are taking a collaborative approach. Why are there no questions being asked of the DSA and what they are thinking?

I am only trying to be fair, and not wanting to see a return to the era when it appeared that there was not communications among supporters groups.

scottg
04-10-2022, 07:00 AM
Started the thread on here because a week had passed and I had received no reply to an e mail sent to D4L and I knew that at least two members of the Trust Board were on here daily at that time. It’s a fortnight now and I’m no longer interested in a reply, not any individuals problem in my view, our friend from Islay was just unfortunate that he posted on the said thread. Matter closed for me, no big deal, here’s to three points tonight.

islaydarkblue
04-10-2022, 10:50 PM
Started the thread on here because a week had passed and I had received no reply to an e mail sent to D4L and I knew that at least two members of the Trust Board were on here daily at that time. It’s a fortnight now and I’m no longer interested in a reply, not any individuals problem in my view, our friend from Islay was just unfortunate that he posted on the said thread. Matter closed for me, no big deal, here’s to three points tonight.
Which Dee4Life email address did you send your email to.

islaydarkblue
04-10-2022, 10:52 PM
Now that’s what I call a prompt reply Islay, maybe you want to try and take a page out of BCrams book.
Impressive !
I am not the only Dee4Life Director who posts on Dundee Mad.

islaydarkblue
04-10-2022, 10:58 PM
Towards building Campy.
I do not think that we are any further forward with Lego design shown at the consultation a week past Monday.
It was more or less the same as last one five years ago.
It did not show the exit road leading up to and joining the mini roundabout at the Camperdown gates.
This exit route from the Campy Nou stadium car parks might suit the bosses at Transport Scotland as the Dundee to Coupar Angus road is not a trunk road so it has nothing to do with them.

dayster
05-10-2022, 11:29 AM
Which Dee4Life email address did you send your email to.

Scott,

What email address was it sent to? We have just moved email systems from an old IMAP over to Outlook and there have been some teething issues, I’ve not seen your email come in so apologies if it’s been missed

scottg
05-10-2022, 02:24 PM
That’s fine, as I say matter closed, I’m no longer bothered.

Best just to move on, thanks for both of your replies.

Cheers, Scott.