PDA

View Full Version : Does 3 at the back work

robinrover
02-10-2022, 07:23 AM
Our best play has been with 4 at the back and as shown again yesterday,it doesn't really work with 3 at the back.
I think JDT has a problem where he has 3 top centre half's and feels obliged to play them all.

champs95
03-10-2022, 08:31 AM
yes, I do think it works, we won and are in the play offs.

robinrover
04-10-2022, 03:19 PM
Yes we won but it was a pretty dire performance,we were very fortunate that we played a side who looked god awful.
A team with a bit of something about them would of put us away before half time.
Since reverting to the back 3 and 2 wing backs,we haven't looked nowhere near as effective as our early season back 4 performances.
Could be something in that or just coincidence

robinrover
04-10-2022, 07:46 PM
Well we have changed the formation back to 4 at the back and still look slow and without any real impetus.

champs95
04-10-2022, 10:18 PM
Well we have changed the formation back to 4 at the back and still look slow and without any real impetus.

Yeah that was poor. We changed to 4 at the back and freshened up the side and I felt we insisted on messing around with the ball too much at the back and where getting pressed. We didnt look like scoring and had no creativity. I think we really a Danny Graham to hold the ball in that central position and play others in. Brereton can't score goals stuck out there with no service