PDA

View Full Version : Choice of wine cup - Partick Thistle edition.

NaeMairNeeps
17-10-2022, 12:06 PM
Aye aye, it's cup game time again, and as usual, there's a bottle o' wine up for grabs.

As it was in the last round v Annan Athletic, one bottle of good quality home made wine from a selection will be offered to the winner on his/her victory in this contest.

As usual, you can nominate ONE player you believe likely/capable of putting the ball in the net for the good guys during our Scottish League Cup game v Partick Thistle (Wed, Oct 19).

The wine will go to the radge who chooses the scorer of the first Dons' goal.

Said radge will be offered a choice of one of at least 4 wines, each described to inform choice.

Winner to organise to collect in person, or have another collect on their behalf from Aberdeen city centre.

In order tae enjoy playin like abody else, Ah'll mak a choice .. but nae until at least 3 ithers have made theirs.

.... Get in there ;)

donsdaft
17-10-2022, 12:12 PM
Duk

Auldtoontoby
17-10-2022, 02:33 PM
Miovski

rustlinsweetiepapers
17-10-2022, 02:41 PM
Scales

nice1simmy
17-10-2022, 02:54 PM
McCrorie

Hewitt_Scores
17-10-2022, 03:15 PM
Besuijen

The_Moog
17-10-2022, 03:29 PM
Liz Truss (if she’s still available by Wednesday)…

Shetland Don
17-10-2022, 03:51 PM
Barron

Red Zone
17-10-2022, 04:20 PM
Clarkson

wester_ross_don
17-10-2022, 04:26 PM
Hayes

sonofrgmsdad
17-10-2022, 04:30 PM
Stewart

TheDeeDon
17-10-2022, 05:01 PM
Richardson

RED_JOHN
17-10-2022, 05:18 PM
Ramadani

NaeMairNeeps
17-10-2022, 06:36 PM
Aaright 'en, Ah'll hae a flutter on McKenzie .... and so it looks like .....

Duk (donsdaft)
Miovski (Auldtoontoby)
Scales (rustlinsweetiepapers)
McCrorie (nice1simmy)
Besuijen (Hewitt_Scores)
Liz Truss (The Moog)
Barron (Shetland Don)
Clarkson (Red Zone)
Hayes (wester_ross_don)
Stewart (sonofrgmsdad)
Richardson (TheDeeDon)
Ramadani (RED_JOHN)
MacKenzie (NaeMairNeeps)

InversneckieDob
17-10-2022, 06:54 PM
Kennedy

ByeByeScum2012
17-10-2022, 08:02 PM
Watkins

Br0chred
17-10-2022, 11:07 PM
Kennedy

King Joey

mondo_notion
18-10-2022, 08:55 AM
I'll take the guy, young guy.... local lad. Forget his name. He was on the bench on Sunday.

I'll take him.

TheDeeDon
18-10-2022, 09:03 AM
I'll take the guy, young guy.... local lad. Forget his name. He was on the bench on Sunday.

I'll take him.

Alfie Bavidge is the name I think you want.

stewarty27
18-10-2022, 10:39 AM
I shall choose Luís Henriques de Barros Lopes thus winning a lovely bottle of wine and at the same time rendering Donsdaft's entry null and void. Failing that gimmie Ryan Duncan.

TheDeeDon
18-10-2022, 11:17 AM
I shall choose Luís Henriques de Barros Lopes thus winning a lovely bottle of wine and at the same time rendering Donsdaft's entry null and void. Failing that gimmie Ryan Duncan.

If Luis self identifies as a Duk, who are we to argue!

NaeMairNeeps
18-10-2022, 11:30 AM
Update ........

Duk (donsdaft)
Miovski (Auldtoontoby)
Scales (rustlinsweetiepapers)
McCrorie (nice1simmy)
Besuijen (Hewitt_Scores)
Liz Truss (The Moog)
Barron (Shetland Don)
Clarkson (Red Zone)
Hayes (wester_ross_don)
Stewart (sonofrgmsdad)
Richardson (TheDeeDon)
Ramadani (RED_JOHN)
MacKenzie (NaeMairNeeps)
Kennedy (InversneckieDob)
Watkins (ByeByeScum2012)
King Joey (Br0chred)
Bavidge (mondo_notion)
Duncan (stewarty27)

wester_ross_don
18-10-2022, 06:09 PM
I'll have Coulson if Hayes is oot

NaeMairNeeps
19-10-2022, 09:52 PM
I'll have Coulson if Hayes is oot

..... and would hae been a nae bad flutter! Coulson was brilliant in the first half!

Apparently, accordin' tae Donsdaft the second and third goals were O.Gs ... Ah'm in agreement goal #2 wis def an OG, but surely Coulson is accredited wi goal #3 ... since his initial shot was on target.

Only reason Ah'm puttin' this oot there is tae establish, when is a deflected goal an own goal?

Cos, ye see, if Donsdaft insists goal #3 is an OG, then Ah'm gonna hae tae check the highlights and see if keeper Sneddon didna get a touch o' glove fluff on the baa afore it went atween the sticks .... cos, itherwise, by Donsdaft's logic, that would mak it an OG .... and therefore, nae attributable tae Duk ....

.... and therefore, that bottle o' wine is nae attributable tae Donsdaft! :D :D

I await the decision of the Stand free forum VAR panel ;)

TheDeeDon
20-10-2022, 05:58 AM
..... and would hae been a nae bad flutter! Coulson was brilliant in the first half!

Apparently, accordin' tae Donsdaft the second and third goals were O.Gs ... Ah'm in agreement goal #2 wis def an OG, but surely Coulson is accredited wi goal #3 ... since his initial shot was on target.

Only reason Ah'm puttin' this oot there is tae establish, when is a deflected goal an own goal?

Cos, ye see, if Donsdaft insists goal #3 is an OG, then Ah'm gonna hae tae check the highlights and see if keeper Sneddon didna get a touch o' glove fluff on the baa afore it went atween the sticks .... cos, itherwise, by Donsdaft's logic, that would mak it an OG .... and therefore, nae attributable tae Duk ....

.... and therefore, that bottle o' wine is nae attributable tae Donsdaft! :D :D

I await the decision of the Stand free forum VAR panel ;)

I wasn't at the game and haven't even seen highlights, but the first goal took a touch of their keeper. O:)

donsdaft
20-10-2022, 06:23 AM
Ah, good point.

If it had slipped past the post after the keeper had touched it then it would have been a corner right enough.

Just look out a bottle of your finest bramble wine you chancer.

I won't necessarily make you trek up to Rosemount though, I can collect at a place more convenient to you.

NaeMairNeeps
20-10-2022, 10:49 AM
Ah, good point.

If it had slipped past the post after the keeper had touched it then it would have been a corner right enough.

Just look out a bottle of your finest bramble wine you chancer.

I won't necessarily make you trek up to Rosemount though, I can collect at a place more convenient to you.

... :D

Nae bother min, Ah'll drop it in by, it's nae that much o' a trek ;)

donsdaft
20-10-2022, 11:51 AM
I'm here until Saturday but then away until Monday 7th November.

No rush to get here this week, Mrs Donsdaft would only drink it anyway.

But if you are going to be in the area anyway just pop into the shop.

I hope you got a decent bramble harvest this season, the '22 vintage should be good.

wester_ross_don
20-10-2022, 08:50 PM
I wasn't at the game and haven't even seen highlights, but the first goal took a touch of their keeper. O:)

I'd very much agree with this expert and eagle-eyed opinion ...

wester_ross_don
28-10-2022, 07:40 AM
I'd very much agree with this expert and eagle-eyed opinion ...

VAR is taking an affa long time to come to a decision. New system teething-troubles and all that, but come on ...

Maybe the VAR Assistant is half-jaked on bramble wine he found somewhere XD

NaeMairNeeps
15-11-2022, 03:12 AM
Update .... sorry for the delay, VAR nae tae blame on this occasion ... jist been run aff ma feet wi' this an' that .... noo busy wi prep ahead o' a gig his weekend at Morecambe Punk Festival .... but the bramble wine will be guarded securely in my absence, and hopefully delivered early next wikk ;)

donsdaft
15-11-2022, 08:34 PM
Nae rush min.

You could just add it to the one I'll win when it's semi final day.

Auldtoontoby
16-11-2022, 10:49 PM
Neeps, have i got a bottle i have forgot about?
Gettin to the feel radge stage in life😐
Am nae due hame until about 9th Dec onywy, so probably forget again afire then 😅

NaeMairNeeps
17-11-2022, 06:58 AM
Neeps, have i got a bottle i have forgot about?
Gettin to the feel radge stage in life��
Am nae due hame until about 9th Dec onywy, so probably forget again afire then ��

Aye min, there's a bottle sittin here wi yer name on it ;)

There's also bottles set aside for rustlinsweetiepapers, pieandbovrilman and Shetland Don.

RED_JOHN
17-11-2022, 07:12 AM
Aye min, there's a bottle sittin here wi yer name on it ;)

There's also bottles set aside for rustlinsweetiepapers, pieandbovrilman and Shetland Don.

Just hand them into Donsdaft…..it’s near that time of year anyway.

NaeMairNeeps
17-11-2022, 07:25 AM
Just hand them into Donsdaft…..it’s near that time of year anyway.

Aye .... party at Donsdaft's shoppie .... gettin folk seein' double could sell twice as mony sets o' specs :D

RED_JOHN
17-11-2022, 05:28 PM
Aye .... party at Donsdaft's shoppie .... gettin folk seein' double could sell twice as mony sets o' specs :D

XD

I never thought about your wine being beneficial to selling spectacles