PDA

View Full Version : Our Defence!

Leicesterbaggie
31-10-2022, 10:38 AM
Why oh why did Bruce sanction the loan move of Taylor to Chelthenham? Completely irresponsible. To compound that, he then loans Kipre to Cardiff. We are basically left with two centre backs, both of whom have been extremely poor this season. It is my understanding, correct me if I'm wrong, that we can recall Taylor in January. It is imperative that Corberan does this. I don't think it's the same regarding Kipre. Again, correct me if I'm wrong.

I agree that we lack finishing power up front but I honestly believe that our inability to defend is the bigger problem. Let's be honest, the way we have defended should have led to us conceding even more goals.

Omegstrat6
31-10-2022, 11:25 AM
Don't think anyone can disagree that we can be symbolic at the back. I'd like to hope that an old head like Kelly might tighten them up and Palmer is an improvement over Button but you are dead right about some of the players we sent out on loan. Of the current lot I don't think Pieters is too bad but O'shea, who once looked so promising, has had a lot of poor games since coming back from injury and both Townsend and Furlong may put the effort in but lack quality. It's not just recalling Taylor or Kipre that gives us other options though as I thought Zac Ashworth did well when he got his chance

wbaliquidator
31-10-2022, 01:09 PM
Bruce sanctioned the transfers out because he was under the impression that we would get Mat Clarke back again.
No championship manager wants only 3 central defenders in the squad.
Ask the management and owner for the fully story

mickd1961
31-10-2022, 01:47 PM
What is this defence you speak of?

boingy
31-10-2022, 02:43 PM
Kipre got loads of stick on here. Short memories. I cant see as anything is imperative except actually playing like you are in a dogfight. Because we are. We have to be first to every ball every game, nothing less.

Leicesterbaggie
31-10-2022, 04:49 PM
Kipre got loads of stick on here. Short memories. I cant see as anything is imperative except actually playing like you are in a dogfight. Because we are. We have to be first to every ball every game, nothing less.

Kipre may have got 'stick' on here but you don't loan out two central defenders and leave yourself with only two who are fit. Let's face it, both of those have been poor this season. Taylor has been getting rave revues on his performances for Chelthenham and they're only one level below us. He's young and one for the future. A big mistake in my opinion.