02-11-2022, 10:09 PM
Speechless

Me too!

warminsterclaret
02-11-2022, 10:15 PM
Woo hoo!

Supersub6
02-11-2022, 10:17 PM
Fans giving the ref a hard time, however, if players are down with 'injuries' he has a duty to look after them, the safety of the players is more important than anything these days, no matter if they are feigning injuries.
Let's be fair though, because he added all the time on for the 'injuries' plus the keeper taking an eternity to get the ball back in play etc.
The same thing cost us at West Brom, however, we benefited from it all tonight, in spite of some silly bookings.
I honestly thought that it was going to be one of those nights because we seemed destined not to score.
Only one defeat in the last 42 Championship games!

alfinyalcabo
02-11-2022, 10:23 PM
Feck me,that was a nail biter. Left it a bit late.
Shame Barnes was offside,what a goal that was. 😕

Supersub6
02-11-2022, 10:32 PM
Feck me,that was a nail biter. Left it a bit late.
Shame Barnes was offside,what a goal that was. ��

Too true, alf, it was a lovely strike. He also showed a great bit of skill down on the goal line not long before that and almost set up a goal.

kritichris
02-11-2022, 11:02 PM
Unfortunately Barnes is offside more than on

lancaster100
02-11-2022, 11:12 PM
Well must say we were rather fortunate. First half we were slow and ponderopus we just didnt get going and thought it was to be the same in the second half until MB came on and changed the game yet agaiin. Our passing game was well off and on to many occasions passes were sloppy putting us under pressure from nothing. We will have to do better Saturday or we will be beaten easily.

The Bedlington Terrier
02-11-2022, 11:23 PM
Well must say we were rather fortunate. First half we were slow and ponderopus we just didnt get going and thought it was to be the same in the second half until MB came on and changed the game yet agaiin. Our passing game was well off and on to many occasions passes were sloppy putting us under pressure from nothing. We will have to do better Saturday or we will be beaten easily.

I don't think these lads know how to "get beaten" easily lancaster100.

kritichris
02-11-2022, 11:41 PM
Our passing accuracy and possession far exceeded Rotherham's, we were just slow on warming up which we need to address. Like a good Circus assassin we need to go for the juggler but sooner.

army88
03-11-2022, 08:53 AM
Accurate that Lancaster

Thought last night was the first real time we really missed Cullen , his ability to receive the ball and keep it and also unlock defences with little slide rule passes was missing last night - they packed the midfield and went to a back 5 in the most and it very nearly worked , add in the pulling pushing cheating - time wasting they nearly got away with the three points. ( to be fair we do keep giving teams the impetus- twice again last night ).

But I’ll say this for us - the will to win and drive on across the whole team subs included is a very strong attribute to have , I do think we need another striker to step up and score a few as if we get the goals to chances ratio up , they’ll be very few get anything from us.

Happily Rotherham got exactly what they deserved Nothing from the game.

They had a couple of decent footballers though in their team , left wing back who went off was rapid and decent with it .

The Bedlington Terrier
03-11-2022, 09:10 AM
Ben Wiles showed us why we wanted him in August.

We were a tad sloppy with our passing but in terms of quality we were streets ahead of a very decent Championship team.

Charlie Austin or Danny Ings would have both scored hat tricks last night, out proliferation in front of goal worries me because we should be blowing teams like the Millers out of the water.

From somewhere, VK needs to pull another couple of rabbits out of the hat and find a pair of strikers who have the quality of Benson and Zaroury, because golly gosh those two are the real deal. B)

Our lack of firepower is causing me sleepless nights. ;D

The Bedlington Terrier
03-11-2022, 09:12 AM
Unfortunately Barnes is offside more than on

I thought he made a difference when he came on and I still think his "goal" was onside.

lancaster100
03-11-2022, 11:54 AM
I don't think these lads know how to "get beaten" easily lancaster100.

Dead right BT it does seem that way. But although JRod is top scorer and he is a local lad he just doen't do it for me he is not mobile enough it is the position that needs addressing asap.

The Bedlington Terrier
03-11-2022, 12:33 PM
Dead right BT it does seem that way. But although JRod is top scorer and he is a local lad he just doen't do it for me he is not mobile enough it is the position that needs addressing asap.

The number of balls that whiz across the six-yard box and don't get knocked in is driving me fecking crazy lancaster100. Tella was disappointing last night too. We need a proven "Charlie Austin" type player but where they are hiding at any sort of decent money I just don't know.

When the World cup is over perhaps, we should consider bringing Weghorst back. :confused:

ClaretinBudapest
03-11-2022, 08:10 PM
The number of balls that whiz across the six-yard box and don't get knocked in is driving me fecking crazy lancaster100. Tella was disappointing last night too. We need a proven "Charlie Austin" type player but where they are hiding at any sort of decent money I just don't know.

When the World cup is over perhaps, we should consider bringing Weghorst back. :confused:

The answer was staring us all in the face in the 100th minute.Dervisoglu would be far better than our Jayrod.More mobile and more skillful.Despite scoring a few Jayrod is still missing far too many sitters like last year.

The Bedlington Terrier
04-11-2022, 07:17 AM
Our passing accuracy and possession far exceeded Rotherham's, we were just slow on warming up which we need to address. Like a good Circus assassin we need to go for the juggler but sooner.

We can't k_c we simply do not have the potent firepower, but I'm certain Vinny will be looking to address that. We need to sort out these daft defensive lapses too, but like sinkov says, "Patience"!

sinkov
04-11-2022, 09:12 AM
From somewhere, VK needs to pull another couple of rabbits out of the hat and find a pair of strikers who have the quality of Benson and Zaroury, because golly gosh those two are the real deal. B)

Our lack of firepower is causing me sleepless nights. ;D

Jayrod and Tella are two of the highest scoring strikers in the league, you said yourself mon ami that Tella guarantees us a goal every other game, you say Benson and Zaroury are the real deal. We are top of the league by five points and top scorers, and still you can't sleep ? Clearly Horlicks isn't what it used to be.

I think in January we should be looking at the 23 other Championship teams who have scored fewer goals than us, the answer to our lack of firepower, and your insomnia, must lie there. What about Pukki from Norwich, the lad who missed the last minute sitter at Turf Moor a couple of weeks ago, perhaps he's the answer ?

Swissclaret
04-11-2022, 01:02 PM
We still have Twine, who has barely kicked a ball for us. Who knows what is wrong with him.

There are a couple of players in the National League who are setting records. Maybe one of them?

ClaretinBudapest
04-11-2022, 01:59 PM
We still have Twine, who has barely kicked a ball for us. Who knows what is wrong with him.

There are a couple of players in the National League who are setting records. Maybe one of them?

What IS wrong with Twine?
All seems hush,hush and nobody wants to talk about it including VK.

The Bedlington Terrier
05-11-2022, 09:57 AM
Jayrod and Tella are two of the highest scoring strikers in the league, you said yourself mon ami that Tella guarantees us a goal every other game, you say Benson and Zaroury are the real deal. We are top of the league by five points and top scorers, and still you can't sleep ? Clearly Horlicks isn't what it used to be.

I think in January we should be looking at the 23 other Championship teams who have scored fewer goals than us, the answer to our lack of firepower, and your insomnia, must lie there. What about Pukki from Norwich, the lad who missed the last minute sitter at Turf Moor a couple of weeks ago, perhaps he's the answer ?

It's the clear chances that go begging mon ami that worries me. A lady who sits behind me said, "a young Michael Owen" would be breaking Championship goalscoring records playing with our lot.

Quick as a flash which raised chuckles all round, I retorted, "even an old Michael Owen" would be doing the same. ;)

The Bedlington Terrier
05-11-2022, 10:02 AM

I'm told by my usually reliable "inside source" a "proven" goal scorer will arrive in January. No idea who that may be, but I look forward to sending out a Terrier Taxi to collect him.

sinkov
05-11-2022, 11:16 AM
I'm told by my usually reliable "inside source" a "proven" goal scorer will arrive in January. No idea who that may be, but I look forward to sending out a Terrier Taxi to collect him.

I'm pleased to hear that mon ami, let's hope he has more success than the "proven" goal scorer who arrived last January.

Supersub6
05-11-2022, 11:37 AM
I'm pleased to hear that mon ami, let's hope he has more success than the "proven" goal scorer who arrived last January.

THat proven goalscorer has scored 6 goals in 12 games this seasons and also has 4 assists. He has scored 137 goals in 296 starts as a professional, just had trouble adjusting to the Premier League and the situation that we were in.

The Bedlington Terrier
05-11-2022, 11:43 AM

Now his pre-planned HRWC sabbatical will be over in January, perhaps we should bring him back from Turkey.