PDA

View Full Version : Cole Stockton

caytonmiller
11-11-2022, 01:36 PM
Most folk were wanting PW to sigh cole Stockton in the summer and morcombe stuck firm saying he's not for sale.
He's not scored since April and morcombe have benched him for the past 4 games. His Contract is up in the summer 2023
Is he sulking because he didn't get a move.
Is he worth a bid in January.
Any other names out there folks would prefer

Masbroughstreet
11-11-2022, 03:22 PM
It's looking a very good decision by Paul Warne to not bring him in, although in fairness he did say all pre season he didn't want him but the rumours wouldn't die down. The fee they apparently wanted was way too big a risk for a 28 year old who had only really ever had one really good season in League one.

Grist_To_The_Mill
11-11-2022, 03:34 PM
Most folk were wanting PW to sigh cole Stockton in the summer and morcombe stuck firm saying he's not for sale.
He's not scored since April and morcombe have benched him for the past 4 games. His Contract is up in the summer 2023
Is he sulking because he didn't get a move.
Is he worth a bid in January.
Any other names out there folks would prefer

Well if it is sulking and being awkward then that's probably why PW didn't want him preferring " nicer" players

howdydoo
11-11-2022, 04:06 PM
Well if it is sulking and being awkward then that's probably why PW didn't want him preferring " nicer" players

Being obsessed with someone who isn't obsessed with you...........

Let it go FFS

Masbroughstreet
11-11-2022, 04:21 PM

From a Metro article in 2018

Manchester City only want to sign ‘nice’ players that will not disrupt the dressing room.

That is the opinion of City manager Pep Guardiola, who is eager to add to his squad this January.

Alexis Sanchez was thought to be at the front of the transfer queue to join Guardiola’s ranks this month, but City pulled out of the deal to sign the Chilean.

City are believed to have refused to meet Sanchez’s wage demands amid concerns it could cause tension inside the dressing room.

And Guardiola has hinted Sanchez’s personality made him the wrong fit at the club by insisting he only wants to bring in ‘nice people’.

‘Whether players adapt depends on their quality and if they’re nice people,’ he said.

‘We’re looking for nice people to join us.

If it's good enough for Pep!

The 'nice' digs were boring all throughout the time Warne was manager, they're even more boring now he's gone.

Grist_To_The_Mill
11-11-2022, 05:25 PM
From a Metro article in 2018

Manchester City only want to sign ‘nice’ players that will not disrupt the dressing room.

That is the opinion of City manager Pep Guardiola, who is eager to add to his squad this January.

Alexis Sanchez was thought to be at the front of the transfer queue to join Guardiola’s ranks this month, but City pulled out of the deal to sign the Chilean.

City are believed to have refused to meet Sanchez’s wage demands amid concerns it could cause tension inside the dressing room.

And Guardiola has hinted Sanchez’s personality made him the wrong fit at the club by insisting he only wants to bring in ‘nice people’.

‘Whether players adapt depends on their quality and if they’re nice people,’ he said.

‘We’re looking for nice people to join us.

If it's good enough for Pep!

The 'nice' digs were boring all throughout the time Warne was manager, they're even more boring now he's gone.

Yep, he used to be PW's hero. Now he's got puppy love for Klopp

Ironically Warne is now saying his squad is too nice

Oh the irony

Brin
11-11-2022, 06:34 PM
It's looking a very good decision by Paul Warne to not bring him in, although in fairness he did say all pre season he didn't want him but the rumours wouldn't die down. The fee they apparently wanted was way too big a risk for a 28 year old who had only really ever had one really good season in League one.

Masborough, sorry got to come in on this and say….’‘ too big a risk for a 28 year old’’ yet we give a 3 year contract to a 30 year old who only scored 14 goals in two seasons before coming to us!

So far he’s not delivered but had a darling sub performance at the Lane and still no goals.

Not saying Cole was the answer but I’d wager a bet he would have scored more than 14 for us in two seasons but, we’ll never know now will we ?

welovebooth
11-11-2022, 06:45 PM
Coleman saids ok sunderland till I die reason he did so well with wales is because off the good characters off the players

It's only because we are so limited with Finance that people are against it.

Scum-Triumphant
11-11-2022, 07:01 PM
Not sure why wanting to work with good people is seen as a negative thing.
There was no love lost on here when Notts County signed Lee Hughes, joey Barton, Nile Ranger and Adam Johnson have had their fair share of stick as well.

There are cretins everywhere so it is refreshing to see some positivity.

Brin
11-11-2022, 07:11 PM
There was no love lost on here when Notts County signed Lee Hughes, joey Barton, Nile Ranger and Adam Johnson have had their fair share of stick as well.

+ + + + +

Masbroughstreet
11-11-2022, 07:16 PM
Masborough, sorry got to come in on this and say….’‘ too big a risk for a 28 year old’’ yet we give a 3 year contract to a 30 year old who only scored 14 goals in two seasons before coming to us!

So far he’s not delivered but had a darling sub performance at the Lane and still no goals.

Not saying Cole was the answer but I’d wager a bet he would have scored more than 14 for us in two seasons but, we’ll never know now will we ?

I didn’t agree with the 3 year contract, 2 maybe but 3 seemed a lot. Eaves has been a poor signing I agree, but he had more championship experience than Stockton and more importantly he was a free transfer, not upwards of 500k as Stockton was valued at with his wages on top of that, so given our budget I can see the logic behind it but it hasn’t worked out.

I dare say if we’d had to pay 500k for Eaves he wouldn’t be here either.

Brin
11-11-2022, 07:40 PM
I didn’t agree with the 3 year contract, 2 maybe but 3 seemed a lot. Eaves has been a poor signing I agree, but he had more championship experience than Stockton and more importantly he was a free transfer, not upwards of 500k as Stockton was valued at with his wages on top of that, so given our budget I can see the logic behind it but it hasn’t worked out.

I dare say if we’d had to pay 500k for Eaves he wouldn’t be here either.

Totally agree with that one pal.

Redshank
12-11-2022, 10:11 AM
Coleman saids ok sunderland till I die reason he did so well with wales is because off the good characters off the players

It's only because we are so limited with Finance that people are against it.

:?

Redshank
12-11-2022, 10:26 AM

Spot on

gru
12-11-2022, 10:35 AM
I said I didn't want Stockton last January window. Seen him here last season did nothing to make me want us to sign him. We need a striker in January not him someone on the way up.

Grist_To_The_Mill
12-11-2022, 10:36 AM

Well it's simple really

Our possible transfer targets are restricted as it is, ie transfer fee, wages, don't want to live in Rotherham etc etc

So why restrict the possible targets even more because the manager hasn't got the skills to handle the more volatile players?

Scum-Triumphant
12-11-2022, 11:16 AM
Well it's simple really

Our possible transfer targets are restricted as it is, ie transfer fee, wages, don't want to live in Rotherham etc etc

So why restrict the possible targets even more because the manager hasn't got the skills to handle the more volatile players?

Not got the skills or doesn’t suffer them?

I have never heard him or anyone else say he doesn’t have the skills to handle them.

Not like you to make up your own narrative.

Brin
12-11-2022, 11:16 AM
Well it's simple really

Grist, fair point but I think you’ll find in Taylor we now have the manager to handle difficult players so let’s get a rough diamond or two in, come January.

MillersTime
12-11-2022, 11:38 AM
Oh yay, back on the Stockton, purely fan led speculation, thread. Fun.

Grist_To_The_Mill
12-11-2022, 11:39 AM
Grist, fair point but I think you’ll find in Taylor we now have the manager to handle difficult players so let’s get a rough diamond or two in, come January.

I would just be happy for us to cast a wider net.

Grist_To_The_Mill
12-11-2022, 11:41 AM
Oh yay, back on the Stockton, purely fan led speculation, thread. Fun.

And the real answer is probably the simple one. Other clubs (maybe us included) have made bids but Morecambe have just said no, not enough

DerekProsser(East Anglia)
12-11-2022, 12:05 PM
When Eaves was last in League One with Gillingham he performed similarly to Stockton in terms of goals. Both played for unfancied clubs and both were stand out players.
Eaves couldn't replicate those goal stats in Championship with Hull but was liked by their fans for his work ethic. I'm still clinging on to the hope we will see some of that endeavour for us.
Stockton would have been an expensive gamble, completely untried at this level.
I have a feeling we might see Jevani Brown heading our way in January

gru
12-11-2022, 12:11 PM
Just been looking at league 1 goalscorers this season Sam Nombe from our managers former club Exeter good age 24 got a goal every 3 games record for them. MT will know if he can do a job for us at the next level.

gru
12-11-2022, 12:15 PM
When Eaves was last in League One with Gillingham he performed similarly to Stockton in terms of goals. Both played for unfancied clubs and both were stand out players.
Eaves couldn't replicate those goal stats in Championship with Hull but was liked by their fans for his work ethic. I'm still clinging on to the hope we will see some of that endeavour for us.
Stockton would have been an expensive gamble, completely untried at this level.
I have a feeling we might see Jevani Brown heading our way in January

Looked at Brown aged 28 that put me off him. Won't be much improvement in him at that age.

DerekProsser(East Anglia)
12-11-2022, 12:20 PM
Looked at Brown aged 28 that put me off him. Won't be much improvement in him at that age.

Yeah I see what you're saying, I think it'll be either Brown or Nombe due to the Taylor connection. That bit of extra experience, plus international experience might serve Brown better for a couple of seasons in Championship. Nombe would be a longer term prospect

MILLERSTALE
12-11-2022, 12:35 PM
I said I didn't want Stockton last January window. Seen him here last season did nothing to make me want us to sign him. We need a striker in January not him someone on the way up.

Apart from scoring a wonder goal !!!!!

caytonmiller
12-11-2022, 12:57 PM
I posted a video on the mt thread relying to nombe. Only down side is he's just signed a new contract. Think it was 3 year so a decent fee would be needed

Beaufighter
12-11-2022, 01:21 PM

Just been looking at league 1 goalscorers this season Sam Nombe from our managers former club Exeter good age 24 got a goal every 3 games record for them. MT will know if he can do a job for us at the next level.

I’m confused

Not anymore, I misread the first post lol.

CAMiller
12-11-2022, 04:53 PM
Yeah I see what you're saying, I think it'll be either Brown or Nombe due to the Taylor connection. That bit of extra experience, plus international experience might serve Brown better for a couple of seasons in Championship. Nombe would be a longer term prospect

Both just popped up with late goals today so their stock will be rising.

welovebooth
12-11-2022, 05:51 PM
Brown goalscoring record ain't brilliant.

He never played full international just u17.

Can say he is coming into his prime and Taylor will know alot more about him than us

But on paper I just don't see why for the championship

welovebooth
12-11-2022, 05:55 PM
George Miller at Doncaster younger and starting to find the net

mygiddypant
12-11-2022, 06:16 PM
Being obsessed with someone who isn't obsessed with you...........

Let it go FFS

XD