PDA

View Full Version : Wout Weghorst

kritichris
12-11-2022, 04:54 PM
Made it into the Dutch final 26 squad for the World Cup.

The Bedlington Terrier
12-11-2022, 08:16 PM
He's a w@nker, leave him where he is. I wonder what VK thinks because OMG we need another striker.

Swissclaret
13-11-2022, 08:15 AM
I’d forgotten all about him, to be honest. Would he actually our style of play? He was good with his feet but couldn’t jump, head a ball or run.

WillPark
13-11-2022, 09:16 PM
I apologize for not keeping Wout on everyone’s mind. That was my goal as he left for Turkey :)
VK can make it work for sure... Wout did well in the beginning of the season. He has scored 6 goals and has 4 assists in 13 games, but has wasted 10 great chances. Won’t be following the World Cup but good luck to him!

I honestly don’t think there is a chance he’ll come back, but I would love it if he did :) And I hope he will be a profitable signing either way.

army88
14-11-2022, 05:18 PM
He's a w@nker, leave him where he is. I wonder what VK thinks because OMG we need another striker.

Ok I’ll ask why is he a w—ker BT

The Bedlington Terrier
14-11-2022, 06:00 PM
Ok I’ll ask why is he a w—ker BT

No heart. Wanted away to "better" himself. Roberts had him sussed. Perhaps we could send him to another great Burnley badge chest beater at Brentford. The Verein für Leibesübungen Wolfsburg e. V., commonly known as VfL Wolfsburg or Wolfsburg fans had him sussed. W@nker or in German "wichser". >:)

army88
15-11-2022, 06:24 AM
No heart. Wanted away to "better" himself. Roberts had him sussed. Perhaps we could send him to another great Burnley badge chest beater at Brentford. The Verein für Leibesübungen Wolfsburg e. V., commonly known as VfL Wolfsburg or Wolfsburg fans had him sussed. W@nker or in German "wichser". >:)

See I had it that he said he was told if he didn’t play top level football he wouldn’t be considered for his national team for the World Cup, he’d said that when he signed as well in his contract.

Tbh I don’t think he ever expected to be utilised like he was when he came to us , for a player who likes to have the ball at his feet , a battering ram he was not , he didn’t like the style of play or what he was asked to do - I know it’s his job but we all move jobs if we don’t like what we’re asked to do.

Decent footballer - that didn’t suit Burnley as it was at that minute.

The Bedlington Terrier
15-11-2022, 07:07 AM
See I had it that he said he was told if he didn’t play top level football he wouldn’t be considered for his national team for the World Cup, he’d said that when he signed as well in his contract.

Tbh I don’t think he ever expected to be utilised like he was when he came to us , for a player who likes to have the ball at his feet , a battering ram he was not , he didn’t like the style of play or what he was asked to do - I know it’s his job but we all move jobs if we don’t like what we’re asked to do.

Decent footballer - that didn’t suit Burnley as it was at that minute.

I can't stand 6ft 6" prima donnas army88, 'm surprised a white, British, immigrant hating right-winger can though. He was paid to do a job, it's not up to a player to tell the manager how he plays.

I want players who leave nothing on the pitch, are loyal to the Claret & Blue shirt when playing for Burnley, someone like this...

army88
16-11-2022, 06:26 AM
I can't stand 6ft 6" prima donnas army88, 'm surprised a white, British, immigrant hating right-winger can though. He was paid to do a job, it's not up to a player to tell the manager how he plays.

I want players who leave nothing on the pitch, are loyal to the Claret & Blue shirt when playing for Burnley, someone like this...

Wow it really is approaching slander BT , I could be a person of colour for all you know as well , how immigration crept into Wout Weghorst post is beyond me, spoken as a true left though Bt and as a politician ( much like they function ) if what someone else’s opinion doesn’t just drop in line with yours , we’ll call them and report to the Woke police who can all join together and call them racist right wing bigots .

Braveman survived the week you said anyway hope she sorts the gravy train out so we can all go back to being racist and right wing without fear of arrest ( tongue in cheek ) of course as I’ve pointed out to you before. Several times stopping ILLEGAL immigration doesn’t make me any of what you have suggested since the beginning of this post, however as explained carry on BT with the Slur it’s entertaining when you resort to derisory remarks all the time.

army88
16-11-2022, 06:35 AM

On a football note - I think weghorst genuinely tried but the team we’re so in adequate and not up to competing at the time - I mean on many occasions he’d get back beyond our very rigid midfield to win the ball back , but when he did there was no one to give the ball to as he was doing someone else’s job for them .

Imo anyway for what it’s worth - the shape didn’t suit him( Dyche tactics) , the team was weak , and some had give up the ghost already - it’s difficult to signal him out on his own , Cornet came like a breath of fresh air but soon became restricted in a system a
D team that didn’t suit him either.

The Bedlington Terrier
16-11-2022, 06:40 AM
Wow it really is approaching slander BT , I could be a person of colour for all you know as well , how immigration crept into Wout Weghorst post is beyond me, spoken as a true left though Bt and as a politician ( much like they function ) if what someone else’s opinion doesn’t just drop in line with yours , we’ll call them and report to the Woke police who can all join together and call them racist right wing bigots .

Braveman survived the week you said anyway hope she sorts the gravy train out so we can all go back to being racist and right wing without fear of arrest ( tongue in cheek ) of course as I’ve pointed out to you before. Several times stopping ILLEGAL immigration doesn’t make me any of what you have suggested since the beginning of this post, however as explained carry on BT with the Slur it’s entertaining when you resort to derisory remarks all the time.

Hooked for the last time army88, I'll leave you with the question of just how Cruella will solve people jumping into boats and embarking on trips to Blighty...

The Bedlington Terrier
16-11-2022, 06:43 AM
On a football note - I think weghorst genuinely tried but the team we’re so in adequate and not up to competing at the time - I mean on many occasions he’d get back beyond our very rigid midfield to win the ball back , but when he did there was no one to give the ball to as he was doing someone else’s job for them .

Imo anyway for what it’s worth - the shape didn’t suit him( Dyche tactics) , the team was weak , and some had give up the ghost already - it’s difficult to signal him out on his own , Cornet came like a breath of fresh air but soon became restricted in a system a
D team that didn’t suit him either.

Weghorst was $hit with a bad attitude and it's all SD's fault then?

sinkov
16-11-2022, 10:39 AM
Wow it really is approaching slander BT

Shocking personal attack Army, but it's nothing to worry about, I get it off him as well and I've survived. We have to allow for the fact that BT is a Lefty, a fully paid up member of the Loony Left, and from such as BT, the slur 'racist' means nothing more than 'someone I disagree with, but I'm losing the argument'. It's a standard debating tactic for Lefties, they think nothing of it, it's what they do.

Can you remember Denis Healey's response when attacked by Geoffrey Howe, he said it was like 'being savaged by a dead sheep'. BT is the dead sheep of this msgboard, as in-effective as good old Geoffrey. And besides think yourself lucky you're not Jewish, think of the abuse you'd have got then. Or maybe you are Jewish army, if so, FFS don't tell him. >;)

The Bedlington Terrier
16-11-2022, 12:40 PM
Shocking personal attack Army, but it's nothing to worry about, I get it off him as well and I've survived. We have to allow for the fact that BT is a Lefty, a fully paid up member of the Loony Left, and from such as BT, the slur 'racist' means nothing more than 'someone I disagree with, but I'm losing the argument'. It's a standard debating tactic for Lefties, they think nothing of it, it's what they do.

Can you remember Denis Healey's response when attacked by Geoffrey Howe, he said it was like 'being savaged by a dead sheep'. BT is the dead sheep of this msgboard, as in-effective as good old Geoffrey. And besides think yourself lucky you're not Jewish, think of the abuse you'd have got then. Or maybe you are Jewish army, if so, FFS don't tell him. >;)

Lol! XD

WillPark
09-12-2022, 09:09 PM
Think our Wout just became a legend in Holland!!
;)

alfinyalcabo
09-12-2022, 09:12 PM
His value has just gone up by 30 million.Hope he gets his hat trick against these horrible Argentine cheats .

lancaster100
09-12-2022, 09:13 PM
Cannot beleive it one of our worst centre forwards we have ever had comes on and scores not one but two. At least it might push up the price

WillPark
09-12-2022, 09:46 PM
I fear Wout will miss a penalty....

alfinyalcabo
09-12-2022, 10:01 PM
Does that penalty count as an hat trick.

barrie_burn
10-12-2022, 09:08 AM
He must have been reading this board.

What a brilliant and right way to answer your critics.Well done Wout.Just a shame that the Netherlands were eliminated.

Vintage Claret
10-12-2022, 10:35 AM
The two goals scored by Weghorst last night were great to see.

The fact that he had to leave Burnley and go to Turkey to keep his hopes of playing in the world cup, must in his mind and that of the Dutch nation be accepted. The fact that Burnley FC allowed a clause like that in the first place begs a question of competence.

I have to agree with Army's earlier post both Weghorst and Cornet were being asked to play differently to there natural style, which again begs the question did our manager at that time want these players in his squad. Had we have stayed in the Premier League I think both these players would have flourished under the management of Vincent Kompany.

WillPark
10-12-2022, 11:02 AM
The fact that Burnley FC allowed a clause like that in the first place begs a question of competence. [/QUOTE]

I think Mr. Pace knew exactly what he did when allowing that clause, and that it was necessary to get that kind of quality in a January window.
I'm so curious to know what the mood in the team and staff is towards Wout coming back in the summer :)

alfinyalcabo
10-12-2022, 11:10 AM
Do we want him back? 🤔

Vintage Claret
10-12-2022, 11:25 AM
Do we want him back? ��

Of the current playing squad not many will have had any contact with Weghorst, so I think there are unlikely to be problems if he does return.
As for if the club wants him to return, I think that is a matter for Vincent Kompany, but Weghorst may suit the style of play we currently use.

Before we look at what will happen in the summer transfer window, I would like to see us sign a striker in the January transfer window.

sinkov
10-12-2022, 11:49 AM
I would imagine we'll cash in on Wout in the summer, but his goals show that he just got unlucky at Burnley with the missed chances, it happens. You can't score two goals against Argentina in a WC quarter-final and finish 4th top scorer in the Bundesliga, if you're as useless as some of our esteemed posters claimed he was.

Claret_Matelot
10-12-2022, 12:07 PM
Roberts won't pass to him...

The Bedlington Terrier
10-12-2022, 12:10 PM
Roberts won't pass to him...

Neither will Messi!

The Bedlington Terrier
10-12-2022, 12:10 PM
Do we want him back? ��

No.

Claret_Matelot
10-12-2022, 02:10 PM
If we cant by a stricker then yes...

lancaster100
10-12-2022, 04:37 PM
What is the situation with Weghorst. Dont get me wrong I do not want him back. If he is on loan from us then what happens at the end of the loan period. Does he have to come back I suppose my question is how can we get shut of him does anyone know.

WillPark
10-12-2022, 09:35 PM
Neither will Messi!

I’m sure Wout can be a bit of a deuce bag, but Messis behavior during and after that match for me just proves that being on the top for a long time, is just not healthy for the way you come to view the world around you. I hope he has to view the next match from the stands.

WillPark
10-12-2022, 09:52 PM
What is the situation with Weghorst. Dont get me wrong I do not want him back. If he is on loan from us then what happens at the end of the loan period. Does he have to come back I suppose my question is how can we get shut of him does anyone know.

I’m sure he can be sold without coming back if we all want that. But why on earth would we want that? If he’s not sold before pre season I’m sure he will be back training with us. He is a good striker, we need to strengthen up front. But he’s getting used to playing in big arenas in front of thousands of crazy supporters singing his name... to come back to us struggling in the PL, might not be very tempting.

barrie_burn
11-12-2022, 11:15 AM
Do Besiktas have an option to buy him?

Supersub6
11-12-2022, 12:12 PM
This was in Lancs Live last month, however, I don't know the accuracy of their reporting.

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/wout-weghorst-burnley-besiktas-transfer-25401694

WillPark
11-12-2022, 12:14 PM
Do Besiktas have an option to buy him?

Besiktas sporting director Ceyhun Kazancı has confirmed the Turkish outfit are able to buy the frontman for 10 million Euros (approximately £8.6m) next year under the terms of the loan, but has suggested things could change depending on how Burnley fare this season