PDA

View Full Version : The sh**** World Cup thread

stokearab
18-11-2022, 06:18 PM
Should never have been awarded to that
sh1tey country but need something football wise to do before we start league matches again. So fire away, post anything at all as the competition unravels. And I hope it does.

I'll start off. £12 a pint and you cant even drink at the stadiums. And it's Budweiser crap. Good luck with that.
At least Scotland timed our latest failure right.

TerryTheTerror
18-11-2022, 06:23 PM
Come on Iran.

Yeats 62
18-11-2022, 06:24 PM
At least Scotland timed our latest failure right.[/QUOTE]

"Tactical decision" I think you might find.... ;D

Yeats 62
18-11-2022, 06:33 PM
Come on Iran.

no1arabbelfast
18-11-2022, 08:06 PM
Would like to see Messie win with Argentina, to put him up there with Pele and Maradona as the greatest ever.

GUNBOAT
18-11-2022, 08:21 PM
Only people allowed to drink at stadiums are the FIFA delegates who gave Qatar the world cup and the high rollers who can afford Hospo.Having seen many programmes on this country it truly makes me sick how they treat their migrant workers.If there is anybody up there in the heavens who cares they will get pumped on Sunday fae Ecuador.

GUNBOAT
18-11-2022, 08:37 PM
Just watched a bit of Sky Sports News and a reporter outside one of the death traps has just said that to drink inside on a matchday will set you back 19 grand,that is the FN starting price for hospitality!!!.

DUFCstokie
18-11-2022, 08:37 PM
Come on Iran.

..and Wales and the USA. The lack of interest down here tells it's own story about the location and the break in domestic leagues. Phucking pathetic and highly dodgy. Still, as long as FIFA make massive profits from their utterly corrupt decision making. They make the mafia look like small fry.

GUNBOAT
18-11-2022, 08:42 PM
Denmark have been banned from wearing Human Rights for all on their training tops.I phucking hate Qatar and i hope the Danes go far.Take them to win their group ahead of France at 9/4.

stokearab
18-11-2022, 09:01 PM
Denmark have been banned from wearing Human Rights for all on their training tops.I phucking hate Qatar and i hope the Danes go far.Take them to win their group ahead of France at 9/4.

Would agree with that, think Denmark could go far although I've not looked at the pathway from that group.
On the human rights thing the Danish and German FA 's are lining up a collision course with FIFA, could get interesting.

Hospo beer while the fans go dry just about sums it all up.

stokearab
18-11-2022, 09:20 PM
Only people allowed to drink at stadiums are the FIFA delegates who gave Qatar the world cup and the high rollers who can afford Hospo.Having seen many programmes on this country it truly makes me sick how they treat their migrant workers.If there is anybody up there in the heavens who cares they will get pumped on Sunday fae Ecuador.

It's such a sh1tey FIFA WC (toilet) that you can bet Ecuador will have been warned or bribed to give them a 0-0.

DUFCstokie
18-11-2022, 09:27 PM
Would agree with that, think Denmark could go far although I've not looked at the pathway from that group.
On the human rights thing the Danish and German FA 's are lining up a collision course with FIFA, could get interesting.

Hospo beer while the fans go dry just about sums it all up.

In the meantime whanker pus Southgate takes the insipid approach of sweeping the human rights issues well and truly under the English FA carpet.

Whitfieldarab
19-11-2022, 12:04 AM
Should never have been awarded to that
sh1tey country but need something football wise to do before we start league matches again. So fire away, post anything at all as the competition unravels. And I hope it does.

I'll start off. £12 a pint and you cant even drink at the stadiums. And it's Budweiser crap. Good luck with that.
At least Scotland timed our latest failure right.

I honestly couldn't give 2 fks for the world cup and won't be watching it.......nothing wrong with Budweiser Stokey both bottled and on draught but strangely enough when I bought a keg of it for my beer machine I didn't like it🤷*♂️

stokearab
19-11-2022, 12:44 AM
I honestly couldn't give 2 fks for the world cup and won't be watching it.......nothing wrong with Budweiser Stokey both bottled and on draught but strangely enough when I bought a keg of it for my beer machine I didn't like it🤷*♂️

Taking this on a beer tangent is a great idea.
I've never liked Bud. It tastes sort of powdery to me. I like Kronenberg, Stella, some of those good Czech pilsner beers, even San Miguel, not that fussy really but Budweiser not for me. And definitely not at £12 a pop.

Seen a news item tonight that security guards are on 35p an hour and the paid for fans are not getting the expenses they were promised. Paid for fans??? Great idea Mr Ogren 🍺👍

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/nov/18/fans-paid-to-attend-world-cup-by-qatar-have-daily-allowance-cancelled

japanarab
19-11-2022, 03:50 AM
I've never liked Bud. It tastes sort of powdery to me. I like Kronenberg, Stella, some of those good Czech pilsner beers, even San Miguel, not that fussy really but Budweiser not for me. And definitely not at £12 a pop.

Seen a news item tonight that security guards are on 35p an hour and the paid for fans are not getting the expenses they were promised. Paid for fans??? Great idea Mr Ogren 🍺👍

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/nov/18/fans-paid-to-attend-world-cup-by-qatar-have-daily-allowance-cancelled

15 quid a pint the guys on TalkSport were saying!! Ferk that!!!

Hoping Argentina win it and England either (a) get pumped rotten, (b) oot on PKs or (c) robbed by VAR.

TerryTheTerror
19-11-2022, 08:57 AM
It's such a sh1tey FIFA WC (toilet) that you can bet Ecuador will have been warned or bribed to give them a 0-0.

They've drawn their last 3 games 0-0 so I won't be too surprised if that's the result.

TerryTheTerror
19-11-2022, 08:59 AM
I can't understand why folk are getting so excited about not being able to buy booze. 🤪

GUNBOAT
19-11-2022, 09:24 AM
I can't understand why folk are getting so excited about not being able to buy booze. ��

Well that's no really the point tho Terence,up until yesterday the rulers of Qatar promised that fans would be able to buy alcohol in the stadium perimeter before matches.They have been saying this for years then on the eve of the tournament they change their mind.

Given this country's past record what if they change their minds on turning away when they see gay couples walking down the street together and instead lock them up for 7 years?.

TerryTheTerror
19-11-2022, 10:16 AM
Fair enough but you can't buy booze in Scottish football stadiums (hospo aside, same as there).

pertharab
19-11-2022, 05:46 PM
Fair enough but you can't buy booze in Scottish football stadiums (hospo aside, same as there).
If oor dictator Nicola gets her way we’ll end up with an alcohol policy in Scotland not dissimilar to the Qatari regime! Reckon she’s desperate to ban it altogether.

stokearab
19-11-2022, 06:12 PM
Looked like Infantino was on some Class A stuff going by his rant today.

ahlltanyirhide
19-11-2022, 06:19 PM
The
If oor dictator Nicola gets her way we’ll end up with an alcohol policy in Scotland not dissimilar to the Qatari regime! Reckon she’s desperate to ban it altogether.

Following this revelation Tesco have limited customers to one case of lager each

weegiearab
19-11-2022, 06:24 PM
I might be wrong but I think that our whisky production companies would have a slight issue with that!

DUFCstokie
19-11-2022, 09:02 PM

Thanks to two sets of religious bigots!

Arabdownsouth
20-11-2022, 04:27 AM

It's a f@cking joke tournament tbh mate, held in a country that despises everything western. You can't have a drink at the football but old men can marry children. World Cup tournaments need to be held in countries that have a footballing tradition and heritage, not in some Arab country where they probably had to google the laws of the game! I hope Ecuador do a right number on them just to highlight how f@cking ridiculous the whole thing is. Fifa fat cats with money shoved down their waistbands, f@cking joke!

Oh yeah, come on Iran though >;)

Arabdownsouth
20-11-2022, 09:32 AM

I think the issue for me is that they have planned all along to change the rules at the last minute, all one big f@cking swindle.

Arabdownsouth
20-11-2022, 09:34 AM

Kronenberg for me everytime. Not a fan of Bud myself and I'd rather drink my own piss than that Carling shyte.

DUFCstokie
20-11-2022, 12:09 PM
Thatcher's Gold.

For proper cider - Bere Farm just off the Somerset Levels. Straight from the barrels. Most I have managed in a session is three and a half pints. Lovely setting and a very unique bar.

tHeArAb
20-11-2022, 01:09 PM
Beer's sh*t. Geeza cocktail any day.🍹😜

Arabdownsouth
20-11-2022, 01:29 PM
Beer's sh*t. Geeza cocktail any day.����

Sounds to me like you'd be very unwelcome in Qatar mate >;)

tHeArAb
20-11-2022, 01:37 PM
Sounds to me like you'd be very unwelcome in Qatar mate >;)

🌈🌈🌈

Arabdownsouth
20-11-2022, 01:42 PM
������

XD

stokearab
20-11-2022, 02:44 PM
Saw the Gary Neville documentary about Qatar, quite revealing, he wasn't allowed to talk to construction workers without a Qatari minder present.

GUNBOAT
20-11-2022, 04:22 PM
Has Craig Hinchliffe ever coached in Qatar?.

Arabdownsouth
20-11-2022, 04:26 PM
As I suspected, Qatar are f@cking shyte!

stokearab
20-11-2022, 04:26 PM
Has Craig Hinchliffe ever coached in Qatar?.

😁😁 what a bombscare. Even looks a bit like Birighitti

edinarab
20-11-2022, 04:30 PM
I reckon even we could put 5 past this lot

Arabdownsouth
20-11-2022, 04:41 PM
���� what a bombscare. Even looks a bit like Birighitti

85 caps too :O

GUNBOAT
20-11-2022, 04:44 PM
I reckon even we could put 5 past this lot

5 all at HT,what a game that would be.

tHeArAb
20-11-2022, 05:46 PM
If Qatars human rights issues weren't enough to stop you watching the world Cup, Dion Dublin co-commentating for the BBC definitely is. Jesus f*ck.

Arabdownsouth
21-11-2022, 02:51 AM
If Qatars human rights issues weren't enough to stop you watching the world Cup, Dion Dublin co-commentating for the BBC definitely is. Jesus f*ck.

Yep, definitely won too many headers that fella :P

TerryTheTerror
21-11-2022, 05:59 AM

Love a bit of homes under the hammer. 🙂

tHeArAb
21-11-2022, 08:07 AM
Love a bit of homes under the hammer. 🙂

😂🙈

TerryTheTerror
21-11-2022, 10:46 AM
See England and Wales will not be wearing their OneLove arm bands at the tournament as, if they do, they be fined (no big deal really) and their captain booked at the start of the match (I guess this is what's changed their minds).

To be honest we all know this is against FIFA rules so I'm not sure why there is any surprise. If these teams really wanted to do it they should accept the punishment and get on with it. Now it just looks like a half arsed guesture by them.

tHeArAb
21-11-2022, 11:02 AM
Pussies.

Logie_Arab
21-11-2022, 11:16 AM
Virtue signaling

stokearab
21-11-2022, 11:56 AM
Yep, definitely won too many headers that fella :P

Agree with tHeArAb, hundreds of intelligent ex pros to choose from and they come up with Dion diddy Dublin 🤨
Worse than useless, adds nothing

stokearab
21-11-2022, 11:58 AM
Virtue signaling

5 major nations. They should have called FIFA'S bluff, taken the yellows and kicked off at the post match media.

stokearab
21-11-2022, 12:54 PM
I see Southgate has selected his best divers

tHeArAb
21-11-2022, 12:57 PM
Luke Shaw singing God Save the 'Queen'........ She's deed mate. What an absolute fud. 😂😂😂😂

JamesMcClean
21-11-2022, 01:47 PM
Here we go again - smash a pub team and it’ll all be ‘we’re going to win the cup’. :D

stokearab
21-11-2022, 02:03 PM
Here we go again - smash a pub team and it’ll all be ‘we’re going to win the cup’. :D

Definitely. Never thought Iran could be worse than Qatar but they are.

tHeArAb
21-11-2022, 06:05 PM
Levitt starts on the bench.

stokearab
21-11-2022, 07:16 PM
Is Ian Harkes injured?

GUNBOAT
21-11-2022, 07:32 PM
Is Ian Harkes injured?

Yes but he will return to terrorise the English.

stokearab
21-11-2022, 07:36 PM
John Hartson saying Wales are very comfortable without the ball 😂

stokearab
21-11-2022, 07:38 PM
Yes but he will return to terrorise the English.
👍🍺

arab777
22-11-2022, 07:00 PM
Behich starts for Aussies

GUNBOAT
22-11-2022, 07:09 PM

Mbappe relieved he is playing on the opposite wing.

JamesMcClean
22-11-2022, 07:59 PM
Thank phuck France have come back here. After Argentina this morning, the Dutch labouring to a win yesterday, Denmark struggling this afternoon, I had the fear that it was going to be 2018 all over again with the big teams dropping out one by one resulting in exponentially increasing triumphalism over ‘It’, ‘Coming Home’. :mad:

TerryTheTerror
22-11-2022, 08:56 PM

He's played really well actually.

stokearab
22-11-2022, 08:58 PM

He's done ok especiallygiven the qualityof the opposition. At least one of our players is keeping his fitness up 😎

ARAbCHNID
22-11-2022, 09:03 PM
Very Andy Robertson-ish. Got Duracells.

stokearab
22-11-2022, 09:28 PM
Very Andy Robertson-ish. Got Duracells.

Jonathan Pearce at the end there admiring the shift he put in. Can only be good experience playing against top quality opposition like that.

DUFCstokie
22-11-2022, 10:11 PM
Thank phuck France have come back here. After Argentina this morning, the Dutch labouring to a win yesterday, Denmark struggling this afternoon, I had the fear that it was going to be 2018 all over again with the big teams dropping out one by one resulting in exponentially increasing triumphalism over ‘It’, ‘Coming Home’. :mad:

Incredibly the mood where I live is still very low-key. I think the global apathy towards this tournament has even got to the English media. I'm worried that the lowering of expectations may benefit their team.

LSArab
23-11-2022, 08:20 AM
Jonathan Pearce at the end there admiring the shift he put in. Can only be good experience playing against top quality opposition like that.

Proud of Behich last night.

He showed up well against quality opposition

Kept going with trademark runs and lots of high energy

stokearab
24-11-2022, 04:53 PM
Proud of Behich last night.

He showed up well against quality opposition

Kept going with trademark runs and lots of high energy

Hopefully plays well in the next 2. Good showcase for us. Pity Dylan won't get on unless it's an emergency.

stokearab
24-11-2022, 05:32 PM
Ghana Portugal has been a great watch.

TerryTheTerror
24-11-2022, 06:47 PM
Ghana Portugal has been a great watch.

Yeah, loads going on. Some error by the keeper at the end, very lucky. Ronaldo's puss was a picture. 😂

japanarab
25-11-2022, 12:55 AM
Incredibly the mood where I live is still very low-key. I think the global apathy towards this tournament has even got to the English media. I'm worried that the lowering of expectations may benefit their team.

You wanna try listening to TalkSport. They’re already playing Brazil in the final and discussing which Brazil players would make it into the England team. Self entitled bunch of f*+#ing c**ts.

tHeArAb
25-11-2022, 03:02 PM
Masterstroke by Rob Page today bringing on Joe Allen instead of Dylan Levitt. The boy was on for 13 minutes, gave the ball away twice and both times Iran scored. 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

stokearab
25-11-2022, 04:33 PM
Where the fk was that Iran v Engaland!

JamesMcClean
25-11-2022, 04:36 PM
Where the fk was that Iran v Engaland!

Overawed by playing the World Champions obvs stokie.>;)

TerryTheTerror
25-11-2022, 04:54 PM
England can away and drink their own pish and cuddle a ****e.

Ah, that's better. 🤪

DUFCstokie
25-11-2022, 05:34 PM
You wanna try listening to TalkSport. They’re already playing Brazil in the final and discussing which Brazil players would make it into the England team. Self entitled bunch of f*+#ing c**ts.

Yep, spoke too soon. With Germany and Argentina losing they are convinced the cup is theirs. Normally go out for a few pints on a Friday but giving it a miss tonight as I am liable to cheer like feck when USA score.
Don't fancy a broken jaw.

JamesMcClean
25-11-2022, 05:57 PM
Clive Tyldesley - you would never get tired of punching that arrogant pr1ck………………………

stokearab
25-11-2022, 06:45 PM
Clive Tyldesley - you would never get tired of punching that arrogant pr1ck………………………

Never. Absolute pr1ck. Warming to Ally's co commentary a bit tho. I get the feeling Ally thinks he's a pr1ck too 😎

stokearab
25-11-2022, 06:53 PM
The hype on ITV is boak inducing. I just hope they're on ITV when they lose their first game.

Because I will laugh my c ock off

tHeArAb
25-11-2022, 06:57 PM

Closet Hun f*ck as well. Used to do the commentary for Rangers TV.

More reason to hate him.

stokearab
25-11-2022, 07:00 PM
The good news is that Qatar are out.

GIFUY

weegiearab
25-11-2022, 08:12 PM
I have to say...Ally McCoist is a fantastic commentator. Balanced, knowledgable, fair and very amusing! Probably as close as Scotland are gonna get to a world cup!

Whitfieldarab
26-11-2022, 10:53 AM
Have to say that Behich has been affy good so far in this competition but Harry Souttar has been excellent.....ching ching🤑🤑

Dreamsof83
26-11-2022, 11:58 AM
Souttar will have plenty of suitors for sure. Has looked excellent. Behich can be proud of his performances too. Been really good in this Tunisia game and topped it all off with a brilliant and very important back post defensive header.

Chick A Saw
26-11-2022, 12:07 PM
Not seen a full game yet and quite disappointed i missed the first half of this. Harry, Aziz, and as much as it pains me to say, Mooy and Jackson Irvine all put in superb shifts.

ARAbCHNID
26-11-2022, 01:00 PM
Have seen Behich a dozen times for us without realising how good a player he is if that makes sense.
I said he was Andy Robertson-ish after the France game despite the score but today again he was one of the better players on the pitch.
Could he be our Prem Lge status saviour playing in his Australian role which is akin to AR?

Whitfieldarab
26-11-2022, 01:23 PM
Not seen a full game yet and quite disappointed i missed the first half of this. Harry, Aziz, and as much as it pains me to say, Mooy and Jackson Irvine all put in superb shifts.

Not seen a full game either,just watched both 1st half's of the Aussie games because Behich was playing and big Souttar has stuck oot like a sare thumb.

TerryTheTerror
26-11-2022, 01:37 PM
Not seen a full game either,just watched both 1st half's of the Aussie games because Behich was playing and big Souttar has stuck oot like a sare thumb.

Yeah, Souttar was excellent too.

stokearab
26-11-2022, 01:38 PM

Behich is playing in a better team and really getting noticed. The commentators in both games have mentioned him positively. Will only be good for his confidence. Hopefully he gets a 4th game over there.
Regarding Souttar the recruitment teams for all European top clubs will be watching every match.

tijuanataxi
26-11-2022, 09:19 PM
ITS def ****E because we are na there.

shedka
26-11-2022, 11:19 PM
Definitely, we are better than a few sides that are and on a par with a few others which makes it more frustrating

TerryTheTerror
27-11-2022, 07:53 AM
Definitely, we are better than a few sides that are and on a par with a few others which makes it more frustrating

Yeah, as we are in Europe it's very difficult to qualify. But it's the world cup this is just how it needs to be. For me it's an incredible spectacle, love it.

ARAbCHNID
27-11-2022, 09:42 AM
What's incredible is where it's being held Terry.

GUNBOAT
27-11-2022, 10:35 AM

When you lose at HOME to a country that's been invaded by the biggest country on planet earth,who's players were called up to defend the motherland,who's football leagues were mothballed,who's players had not played a competitive game in months you do not deserve to play on the biggest stage of all.

GUNBOAT
27-11-2022, 10:37 AM
Souttar will have plenty of suitors for sure. Has looked excellent. Behich can be proud of his performances too. Been really good in this Tunisia game and topped it all off with a brilliant and very important back post defensive header.

Suitor will have plenty of Souttar's,spot on mate.

GUNBOAT
27-11-2022, 10:41 AM
When you lose at HOME to a country that's been invaded by the biggest country on planet earth,who's players were called up to defend the motherland,who's football leagues were mothballed,who's players had not played a competitive game in months you do not deserve to play on the biggest stage of all.

Mind you Wales were shyte lucky to qualify as Ukraine were the better team in Cardiff albeit they had to play 2 games in a few days after no competitive football for months.

TerryTheTerror
28-11-2022, 07:28 AM
Mind you Wales were shyte lucky to qualify as Ukraine were the better team in Cardiff albeit they had to play 2 games in a few days after no competitive football for months.

And Wales are ****e. Bale and Ramsey are past it at this level.

TerryTheTerror
28-11-2022, 07:33 AM
What's incredible is where it's being held Terry.

That's true but it was decided 12 years ago and there is nothing to be done about that now. In the country certainly, no one is forcing anyone else to watch it.

shedka
28-11-2022, 10:01 PM
Yeah, as we are in Europe it's very difficult to qualify. But it's the world cup this is just how it needs to be. For me it's an incredible spectacle, love it.

Yes I agree it has to be that way

shedka
28-11-2022, 10:06 PM

I didn't say we deserved to be there it's still frustrating that we aren't but I do think had the game gone ahead in March followed by the final there was a better chance of it being us who played Wales in Cardiff end of March without them having any advantage over us

japanarab
29-11-2022, 01:31 AM
Japan doing their best to make me feel at home by going all Scotland and getting pumped by Costa Rica. Good chance they could end up beating Germany, draw with Spain and still go oot!

TerryTheTerror
29-11-2022, 07:27 AM
That would be very Scottish right enough!

GUNBOAT
29-11-2022, 05:41 PM
That would be very Scottish right enough!

I will never forget West Germany 74,we played the then world champions Brazil aff the park went unbeaten in our group yet still went oot.I think we were the first team in world cup history to be knocked out without losing a match.

stokearab
29-11-2022, 08:53 PM
I will never forget West Germany 74,we played the then world champions Brazil aff the park went unbeaten in our group yet still went oot.I think we were the first team in world cup history to be knocked out without losing a match.

Remember 74 well. Battled well but unlucky not to progress.

Meanwhile Wales start the completely finished Ramsey before the emerging Dylan Levitt.

tHeArAb
29-11-2022, 09:04 PM
I fear Levitt will have taken a bit of a confidence blow by not seeing a minutes action. He's a confidence player who needs an arm around the shoulder at times. I hope this doesn't have a negative effect on the boy.

stokearab
29-11-2022, 09:15 PM
I fear Levitt will have taken a bit of a confidence blow by not seeing a minutes action. He's a confidence player who needs an arm around the shoulder at times. I hope this doesn't have a negative effect on the boy.

Tbf don't think the coach ever considered it.
Don't think it would have changed the result but Page must have seen Ramsey's complete uselessness playing for Sevco.

The experience overall will have been a good one for Dylan. Needs to get back to the club and start putting in 90 minute performances.

ARAbCHNID
30-11-2022, 08:41 AM
With 15 subs there was more chance of Tom Jones coming on.

Need to play him on Saturday v Swansea boy-o.

stokearab
30-11-2022, 10:40 AM
Good luck Aziz Behich, plays later today v Denmark, a tough test.

tHeArAb
30-11-2022, 03:00 PM
With 15 subs there was more chance of Tom Jones coming on.

Need to play him on Saturday v Swansea boy-o.

Denmark have changed from a 4-2-3-1 to a flexible 4-3-3 for todays game. How does that make you feel???

ARAbCHNID
30-11-2022, 03:44 PM
Denmark have changed from a 4-2-3-1 to a flexible 4-3-3 for todays game. How does that make you feel???

Well I'm glad it is flexible & not like table football where there is no option but for a severely limiting & strict 3-4-3 what with the rod up their arse.

stokearab
30-11-2022, 05:00 PM
Congratulations Aziz! Shut Jermain Jenas right up. Booked on 3 minutes and put in another Duracell 90. Harry Souttar has doubled his value in this World Cup.

And Australia get through without their talisman Jason Cummings 😁

ARAbCHNID
30-11-2022, 05:03 PM
Ker-ching on two counts, we're in the money.

no1arabbelfast
30-11-2022, 05:06 PM
Football is Australia's 5th most popular team support and they qualify for the 2nd round beating a team who pumped Scotland.

Their best player is a Scot.

Nae wonder Scotland are crap.

tHeArAb
30-11-2022, 05:07 PM
Well I'm glad it is flexible & not like table football where there is no option but for a severely limiting & strict 3-4-3 what with the rod up their arse.

😂😂😂

tHeArAb
30-11-2022, 05:08 PM
Souttars performance being given most of the post match analysis time. The boy could make us some serious money here.

Aziz's performances won't have gone unnoticed either.

Chick A Saw
30-11-2022, 05:14 PM
Souttars performance being given most of the post match analysis time. The boy could make us some serious money here.

Aziz's performances won't have gone unnoticed either.

For the very best of reasons, i do not want Aziz back too soon. But then, always thought there was a player there so we could do with him back!

LSArab
01-12-2022, 10:39 PM
Remember 74 well. Battled well but unlucky not to progress.

Meanwhile Wales start the completely finished Ramsey before the emerging Dylan Levitt.

Ridiculous. Wales tactics were like pub football

Ramsey and Bale were passengers most of the tournament.

They need a passing midfielder like Levitt

The likes of that lad from Portsmouth were hopeless

Hope Dylan picks things up now - he can focus on his club football at united where he is loved

LSArab
01-12-2022, 10:43 PM
Incredibly our ex goalkeeper eiji kawashima has made it through to the second round

Another united / ex united in the second round

I think we are well overdue compensation for having played him back in 2016

Mind you the other options were probably worse

Not sure where Luis Zwick and the other lads are now

Yeats 62
03-12-2022, 03:25 PM

No bad squad.... yet again ;D

stokearab
03-12-2022, 06:27 PM
Good luck tonight Aziz, a United player playing a World Cup knockout match 🧡
Will be a very tough shift but hopefully he shows up well.

Arabknight
03-12-2022, 07:18 PM
Looking forward to Aziz coming back. Hopefully not after tonight’s game. He has had a really decent World Cup so far and has shown what he is capable of.

stokearab
03-12-2022, 08:21 PM
Aussie keeper flogs a goal. Seems familiar

tHeArAb
03-12-2022, 08:26 PM
Ron Atkinson - "Argentina haven't got the legs to press".

stokearab
03-12-2022, 08:41 PM
Behich run and cross causes confusion in Argentina defence leading to Australia goal.
Then nearly scores from mazy .wow

Arabdownsouth
03-12-2022, 08:43 PM
Nearly one of the great world cup goals, would have added a decimal point to his value too

Arabknight
03-12-2022, 08:44 PM
If he scored that it wld have been one of the goals of the tournament. Outstanding. Some tackle as well though.

stokearab
03-12-2022, 08:50 PM
Nearly one of the great world cup goals, would have added a decimal point to his value too

It would have been something else! He's been really good in all 4 games will definitely have been noticed.

Arabdownsouth
03-12-2022, 08:53 PM
Commentator has a f@cking hard on for Messi, done everything but knock one out for him

Arabdownsouth
03-12-2022, 08:56 PM
Banging on about how much dribbling Messi has done, you've done a fair amount yourself pal

TerryTheTerror
04-12-2022, 11:41 AM
Behich run and cross causes confusion in Argentina defence leading to Australia goal.
Then nearly scores from mazy .wow

He's been quality the whole tournament. He's been getting better for us too before that. He's definitely a player.

Orjan11
04-12-2022, 01:35 PM
Well done Aziz Behich. you've had a good World Cup. Looking forward to seeing you back at Tannadice.

GUNBOAT
04-12-2022, 06:41 PM
Gary Neville getting slaughtered on social media for saying Walker should be rested so he is ready to match Mbappe in the quarter final BEFORE the teams have even taken to the field for their last 16 game.
The English just cannie understand why most of the world cannie FN stand them,yet 55% of us need them to wipe our erses,boak.

stokearab
04-12-2022, 06:47 PM
Ian Wright "that midfield three are a threesome"

stokearab
04-12-2022, 06:58 PM
Starting Henderson against one of the quickest and athletic teams left in the competition looks risky to me. Hopefully I'm proved right 🧡

#abe

GUNBOAT
04-12-2022, 07:19 PM
Think England will be too strong on set pieces and crosses but if Mane was playing he would have a field day against the English defence.Senegal are missing their 3 best players.

stokearab
04-12-2022, 07:40 PM
Starting Henderson against one of the quickest and athletic teams left in the competition looks risky to me. Hopefully I'm proved right 🧡

#abe

Jinxed it 🤨

GUNBOAT
04-12-2022, 07:56 PM
England have been god awful but are 2-0 up,two massive chances missed by Senegal at 0-0 shows how much they miss Mane.The English defence have been shambolic and i think they will still be hame before the Christmas cards.

The only thing that will prevent the above is if the Posties go on an all out strike.

JamesMcClean
04-12-2022, 08:11 PM
Their lucky draws over the last two tournaments now finally comes to an end after tonight. Mbappe is going to have a phucking field day against Stones and Maguire.

JUSTaway
04-12-2022, 09:52 PM
Argentina, Holland, England in knock out stages have all withstood pressure or been in competitive matches, and then crafted their first decent chance and taken it.

shedka
04-12-2022, 11:18 PM
France been quite flaky the last couple years, not really confident they will win, really isn't thr strongest of major tournaments this year and would not be a big surprise if they did win it from here

May need to prepare for that, personally wouldn't find it as big a deal as I would have in past, so they'll party in England, go on about it and be smug, nothing new

DUFCstokie
05-12-2022, 08:53 AM
May need to prepare for that, personally wouldn't find it as big a deal as I would have in past, so they'll party in England, go on about it and be smug, nothing new

I was beginning to think this was how I felt about the possibility of them winning it. But, it really gets on my t1its when so many part-time football fans come out of the woodwork for these tournament games, pretending to be lifelong England fans. The same feckers who were shouting for Southgate to be sacked after the 0-0 with USA. One moron in the pub during their game against Wales was adamant that Kane played for Man Utd XD

Yeats 62
05-12-2022, 03:29 PM
I was beginning to think this was how I felt about the possibility of them winning it. But, it really gets on my t1its when so many part-time football fans come out of the woodwork for these tournament games, pretending to be lifelong England fans. The same feckers who were shouting for Southgate to be sacked after the 0-0 with USA. One moron in the pub during their game against Wales was adamant that Kane played for Man Utd XD

You should pop back up in summertime Stokie, when the Blues Bonanza (Almost Blue, now) is on in Dundee. Guys in jeans, white shirts, black waistcoats and cowboy hats on. Their wives pretty similar. Then you have to listen to them for the next 51 weeks harping on about being "at the blues" :D

Point I'm trying to make is, you will never be able to stop glory hunters.

In saying that , we did have a "no bad" crowd against Ross County in the final, for various reasons I know, but.... ach yi ken what I mean. (hopefully) :D

GUNBOAT
05-12-2022, 05:41 PM
France been quite flaky the last couple years, not really confident they will win, really isn't thr strongest of major tournaments this year and would not be a big surprise if they did win it from here

I will put everything on the line by stating the obvious.

No team can win the world cup with Harry Maguire and John Stones as their central defenders,i stand by my post last night.

Hame before the Christmas cairds.

Yeats 62
05-12-2022, 06:13 PM

No team can win the world cup with Harry Maguire and John Stones as their central defenders,i stand by my post last night.

I agree with you GB ...But...There is only one team that can win the world cup with Stones and McGuire as central defenders. Hopefully to be exposed very soon.

PS: depends when yi send them ;D

GUNBOAT
05-12-2022, 07:17 PM
I agree with you GB ...But...There is only one team that can win the world cup with Stones and McGuire as central defenders. Hopefully to be exposed very soon.

PS: depends when yi send them ;D

I'm happy with my bets mate,

A South American winner at 7/4 with France 5/1 as my insurance if the former does not happen.

JamesMcClean
05-12-2022, 07:26 PM
It’s the silly season yet again of course. As soon as the full time whistle went last night, then, yes you guessed it, oot came the good old wall planner that had Ingerlund all but in the final in time for tea and crumpets. And then thon Aluko lassie on ITV tonight stated with a straight face that Kyle Walker is ‘every bit as fast’ as Mbappe and that ‘there is nothing to fear’. Camera then pans back and you could actually see Keano rolling his eyes and clearly thinking ‘What the phuck - get me out of here please’. ;)

Anyway, it’s getting close again to that traditionally best occasion of any major tournament - that magical moment when the camera cuts back to the studio and ‘Wrighty’s’ pus after they’ve been put oot. Again.XD

japanarab
06-12-2022, 12:23 AM
It’s the silly season yet again of course. As soon as the full time whistle went last night, then, yes you guessed it, oot came the good old wall planner that had Ingerlund all but in the final in time for tea and crumpets. And then thon Aluko lassie on ITV tonight stated with a straight face that Kyle Walker is ‘every bit as fast’ as Mbappe and that ‘there is nothing to fear’. Camera then pans back and you could actually see Keano rolling his eyes and clearly thinking ‘What the phuck - get me out of here please’. ;)

Anyway, it’s getting close again to that traditionally best occasion of any major tournament - that magical moment when the camera cuts back to the studio and ‘Wrighty’s’ pus after they’ve been put oot. Again.XD

The same Aluko that said “Richarlison had scored (something like) 18 in 40, you do the math, that’s a goal a game.”

Genius, but at least the ITV box tickers will be happy.

GUNBOAT
06-12-2022, 06:34 AM
Woke up this morning to 5 live presenter(Cannie listen to Talksport for obvious reasons)Rachel Burden saying how lucky Brazil are with the side of the draw their in.

Oh the FN irony!!!,obviously forgotten the neutral Euro's played at Wembley and 2018 world cup where they played all the minnows,reached the semis but still lost to Croatia.The other half of that draw was as brutal as WW3.

DUFCstokie
06-12-2022, 11:37 AM
You should pop back up in summertime Stokie, when the Blues Bonanza (Almost Blue, now) is on in Dundee. Guys in jeans, white shirts, black waistcoats and cowboy hats on. Their wives pretty similar. Then you have to listen to them for the next 51 weeks harping on about being "at the blues" :D

Point I'm trying to make is, you will never be able to stop glory hunters.

In saying that , we did have a "no bad" crowd against Ross County in the final, for various reasons I know, but.... ach yi ken what I mean. (hopefully) :D

I think I will give it a miss Yeatsy ;D

Watching the Senegal game in the pub the other night there was a crowd of young guys dressed up in their England tops, faces painted etc. They didn't even watch the game. They congregated in the beer garden and come running back into the pub each time England scored, watched the replays, danced about like eejits, then went back out again. Phucking muppets.

DUFCstokie
06-12-2022, 11:57 AM
Fed up being asked why I never support England. They always point out that England fans would support Scotland, Ireland/Northern Ireland and Wales against "foreigners". Fed up having to point out that it is rivalry, history (most of them are unaware of their own history) and their arrogance. I've also pointed out that they take the piss out of Scottish football mercilessly and then expect us to back them when it suits them.
I love living where I am, I'm married to an English woman and have a lot of great English friends BUT I can never bring myself to support them - even if it was a game of tiddly winks. C'mon France.

TerryTheTerror
06-12-2022, 12:58 PM
I worked in England a lot and met a lot of really nice folk while I was doing it. Support their international team? Honestly, I think they'd be disappointed if I was to even suggest it.

geofoxposse
06-12-2022, 04:33 PM
With Scotland never being there I tell the locals here I am supporting ABE.

TerryTheTerror
06-12-2022, 05:06 PM
With Scotland never being there I tell the locals here I am supporting ABE.

😂

JamesMcClean
06-12-2022, 08:35 PM
Ronaldo dropped and Portugal suddenly look an entirely different proposition. Go figure……………

moicher
06-12-2022, 09:11 PM
Ronaldo dropped and Portugal suddenly look an entirely different proposition. Go figure……………

for me, that was the best performance of the WC

TerryTheTerror
07-12-2022, 06:20 AM
2 days now without football. Phuxache. 😭

JamesMcClean
10-12-2022, 03:46 PM
Phucking he’ll, Morocco are one up on Portugal. FFS the wall planner is going to be doing overtime at half time here. At this rate, if Ingerlund get past France, it’s going to end up with them just having to beat Morocco and Croatia to win the World Cup. You just phucking know it.

GUNBOAT
10-12-2022, 04:10 PM
Phucking he’ll, Morocco are one up on Portugal. FFS the wall planner is going to be doing overtime at half time here. At this rate, if Ingerlund get past France, it’s going to end up with them just having to beat Morocco and Croatia to win the World Cup. You just phucking know it.

England have only beaten one team ranked above them in the world cup since 1966,it was 20 years ago with a penalty v Argentina scored by Beckham in the group stages and it finished 1-0.
As far as the knockout stage goes the last time they beat a higher ranked side was indeed during their home world cup 56 years ago.

GUNBOAT
10-12-2022, 05:10 PM
Mind you history is there to be made in this world cup as Morocco become the first African team ever to make the semi finals.

GUNBOAT
10-12-2022, 08:10 PM
France have committed the cardinal sin here of being in total control scoring then surrendering the ball,why do teams do it?.When you have conceded in every game this world cup attack is surely the best form of defence?.

GUNBOAT
10-12-2022, 08:15 PM
Seen it coming a mile awa.

GUNBOAT
10-12-2022, 09:00 PM
England playing a penalty shoot out against France who dinnie get any and yet still Les Bleus lead.

GUNBOAT
10-12-2022, 09:01 PM

Harry never let me doon,FACT.

stokearab
10-12-2022, 09:07 PM
France made England look decent.

Bye bye lads.

tHeArAb
10-12-2022, 09:09 PM
Aaaaaand breathe.......

Thank f*ck for that.

stokearab
10-12-2022, 09:23 PM
Should have played all their games at Wembley 🤨

GUNBOAT
10-12-2022, 09:26 PM
French defending was FN dreadful,how many times did that daftie dive in to players in the penalty box?,as for the 2nd penalty what the actual phuck was that boy daen?.Did he think it was Dennis Bergkamp he was marking?,Mount is daen SFA with that ball coming over his head.

GUNBOAT
10-12-2022, 09:31 PM
Text message sent to Talk Sport well worth the 50p they charge.

To Adrian Durham,Stuart Pearce and your jingoistic colleague's.Hame afore the Christmas cairds.Lots O love fae bonnie Scotland X.

GUNBOAT
10-12-2022, 10:05 PM
English history will be distorted with tales of hard luck v the French,the same as it was in 1990 when played aff the park fae Cameroon was swept under the carpet and penalties awarded dug them oot the shyte yet again.It was only hard luck v Germany they remembered.Forget this French team missing 4 key players with a centre half playing fullback its being played aff the park at times fae the USA that will be my abiding memory,FACT.

JamesMcClean
11-12-2022, 08:41 AM
Ridiculously unfair thon last night. In the first place how come England had to play someone remotely half decent in order to win the World Cup? Surely lining up another pub team to smash would have been much fairer……………………….XD

GUNBOAT
11-12-2022, 10:46 AM
Ridiculously unfair thon last night. In the first place how come England had to play someone remotely half decent in order to win the World Cup? Surely lining up another pub team to smash would have been much fairer……………………….XD

Millions of wallcharts that had them playing Moroccan minnows in the semi's being ripped doon as i post,FACT.

JamesMcClean
11-12-2022, 11:16 AM
Millions of wallcharts that had them playing Moroccan minnows in the semi's being ripped doon as i post,FACT.

Meanwhile, a France side without Kante, Pogba, Hernandez, Benzema, Kimpembe and Nkunku somehow luckily jam their way past The Greatest Team In The World. EVER.XDXD

DUFCstokie
11-12-2022, 11:26 AM
Aaaaaand breathe.......

Thank f*ck for that.

Spot on :o

Whitfieldarab
11-12-2022, 01:35 PM
Meanwhile, a France side without Kante, Pogba, Hernandez, Benzema, Kimpembe and Nkunku somehow luckily jam their way past The Greatest Team In The World. EVER.XDXD

Pogba🤔The most overrated footballer to ever kick a ba......I totally agree with the rest of your post though.

GET FKN OOT.

JamesMcClean
11-12-2022, 02:15 PM
Pogba��The most overrated footballer to ever kick a ba......I totally agree with the rest of your post though.

GET FKN OOT.

Lol.;)

Point is though that the equivalent for that lot would have been going in to last night’s game without Kane, Bellingham, Stones, Walker, Rice and Saka.They wouldn’t have stood a phucking chance, yet the Englandshire media seem to gloss over that fact. In actuality it’s pretty remarkable France managed it given that list of the absent. Don’t think they even made any subbies last night either.

GUNBOAT
11-12-2022, 02:40 PM
https://www.google.com/search?q=england%27s+route+to+the+world+cup+final+ 2022&rlz=1C1GCEA_enGB762GB762&oq=Englands+route+&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j0i10i512l9.11079j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Road closed follow diversion signs,if you suffer a breakdown we will recover your vehicle FOC.

GUNBOAT
11-12-2022, 02:45 PM
https://enewspaper.thesun.co.uk/app/THESUN

JamesMcClean
11-12-2022, 03:59 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/bw0Z7fBz/C0-FDFCAF-DBAE-46-BA-80-E9-900-DCF1-D2-EE2.jpg (https://postimg.cc/PCxfD9Hc)

;)

tHeArAb
11-12-2022, 07:10 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/bw0Z7fBz/C0-FDFCAF-DBAE-46-BA-80-E9-900-DCF1-D2-EE2.jpg (https://postimg.cc/PCxfD9Hc)

;)

Belter! 👏🏼😂

japanarab
12-12-2022, 12:17 AM
Pogba🤔The most overrated footballer to ever kick a ba......I totally agree with the rest of your post though.

GET FKN OOT.

Man United Pogba yes. Seems to play out of his skin when he pulls on a France top though.

japanarab
12-12-2022, 12:28 AM
Belter! ������

They seem to regard themselves as big hitters on the international stage too. There’s a good chance that they’ll never get near their rivals’ trophy hauls before most on here are long gone. Euro and World Cup wins:

Germany 7
Italy 6
France 4(5)
Spain 4

England with the richest/best league in the world currently sit on 1. Equal with Greece, Denmark, Holland, Czechoslovakia, Soviet Union.

Although they have also won the following:

Failed Golden Generation trophy
Plucky Losers Cup
Better team won Rosette
Beaten by the referee Shield
Best advert by a penalty misser (world record of 7 times)
Great bunch of media friendly lads(as voted for by The Sun & Daily Mail)

stokearab
12-12-2022, 01:09 AM

;)

Yep. Just seen Southgate interview saying we're gutted because we were SO CLOSE.

Erm wait a minute, so close to what exactly? So close to taking a quarter final to extra time when you had no guarantee of winning in extra time anyway?

Usual nonsense from down south and we know the script only too well by now.

stokearab
12-12-2022, 01:12 AM
They seem to regard themselves as big hitters on the international stage too. There’s a good chance that they’ll never get near their rivals’ trophy hauls before most on here are long gone. Euro and World Cup wins:

Germany 7
Italy 6
France 4(5)
Spain 4

England with the richest/best league in the world currently sit on 1. Equal with Greece, Denmark, Holland, Czechoslovakia, Soviet Union.

Although they have also won the following:

Failed Golden Generation trophy
Plucky Losers Cup
Better team won Rosette
Beaten by the referee Shield
Best advert by a penalty misser (world record of 7 times)
Great bunch of media friendly lads(as voted for by The Sun & Daily Mail)

Add to that the furthest travelling pen as Kane's hit landed this morning in Saudi Arabia 🥅⚽️

JamesMcClean
12-12-2022, 08:16 AM
BBC Breakfast this morning - No Mike Bushell, no visits to schools and factories asking where they’ll be watching and predictions on how many Ingerlund will win by, no cardboard cut outs of “‘Arry” and Gareth, no replays of ‘scenes’ from BoxPark Croydon and crucially no wall planners.

Infact it is Nada, Zilch, Zero, Phuck All…………………………..XD

TerryTheTerror
12-12-2022, 10:39 AM
The World Cup is finished now isn't it?

ARAbCHNID
12-12-2022, 02:01 PM
Can certainly relax now anyway Terry.

Sande_Man
12-12-2022, 03:54 PM

;)

I’m sure I heard the commentary team say during the game that the last time England won a World Cup knockout game after going behind was 1966.

That is an absolute minter like!

JamesMcClean
12-12-2022, 07:06 PM
Before the next World Cup, maybe they could research for any loopholes that will allow them to play all their games at Wembley. Bit unfair this having to go abroad somewhere that isn’t England to play Johnny Foreigner malarkey if you ask me like.;)

stokearab
12-12-2022, 08:24 PM
Before the next World Cup, maybe they could research for any loopholes that will allow them to play all their games at Wembley. Bit unfair this having to go abroad somewhere that isn’t England to play Johnny Foreigner malarkey if you ask me like.;)

This ^^^ They do have some really good players. They're suited to attack but they've never been great defensively under the genius Southgate. I've often said that teams reflect the personality of the coach and it's no different with him.
If France can beat them while missing so many key players that tells you everything need to know. #Gutted

stokearab
12-12-2022, 08:28 PM
BBC Breakfast this morning - No Mike Bushell, no visits to schools and factories asking where they’ll be watching and predictions on how many Ingerlund will win by, no cardboard cut outs of “‘Arry” and Gareth, no replays of ‘scenes’ from BoxPark Croydon and crucially no wall planners.

Infact it is Nada, Zilch, Zero, Phuck All…………………………..XD

Favourite for new manager is Mike Bassett 😁

JamesMcClean
13-12-2022, 07:24 PM
Best quote of Saturday night was Sam Matterface commentating after Arry’s miss - “We needed Gary Lineker but we got Chris Waddle.’XDXDXD

stokearab
14-12-2022, 10:53 PM
Nightmare final for Englandshire 😁

Kane practiced his miss and perfected it
https://youtu.be/hf1IgNGU0j4

GUNBOAT
19-12-2022, 05:43 PM
True story,just back fae Willie Hills and they never had enough money to pay me out.Had to accept payment on my bank card.It took them seconds to take my money when i placed the bet but it may take two to three days before i get my winnings.

stokearab
19-12-2022, 06:07 PM
True story,just back fae Willie Hills and they never had enough money to pay me out.Had to accept payment on my bank card.It took them seconds to take my money when i placed the bet but it may take two to three days before i get my winnings.

Good stuff GB. Hills can afford it 😎

A brilliant final to top off some great matches in a tournament run by a sh1tey organisation in a sh1tey country.

Yeats 62
19-12-2022, 06:27 PM

How much GB?

Yeats 62
19-12-2022, 06:29 PM
Nightmare final for Englandshire 😁

Kane practiced his miss and perfected it
https://youtu.be/hf1IgNGU0j4

Looks pretty similar to me Stoke :D

JamesMcClean
19-12-2022, 07:06 PM
I wonder if Deschamps is regretting not bringing back Benzema to at least take a place on the bench. The way the last 15 mins onwards went, he could have been the additional difference that got France over the line. Guess we’ll never know…………..

GUNBOAT
19-12-2022, 07:31 PM
How much GB?

It was £1100 mate,not all winnings though as that included my stake and i had also done a cover bet on France weeks ago.

TerryTheTerror
20-12-2022, 06:36 AM
It was £1100 mate,not all winnings though as that included my stake and i had also done a cover bet on France weeks ago.

Tidy mate. 👍

Yeats 62
20-12-2022, 07:49 AM

🍺😁👍🏻