PDA

View Full Version : Spain v morocco

boingy
06-12-2022, 05:21 PM
Can you imagine what English fans would be saying about their team if we were in extra time v Morocco?
Football isn’t about dominance anymore it’s about winning on the day, and showing respect to the opposition who can all win on the day.

mickd1961
06-12-2022, 05:34 PM
It’s strange how most teams at this World Cup have a glaring flaw.

Spain need a striker, give them Kane or Mbappe and they’d probably win it.

Give us Van Dyk instead of Maguire and I’d take us to win it.

Argentina need Bellingham in midfield.

In most cases with international football, you loose your best defenders or midfielders or strikers just as the weaker part of your team suddenly gets stronger with younger new members.

Unless your Scotland where of course you are just continually s h it in all departments all of the time.

boingy
06-12-2022, 05:56 PM
We’re better off than most of them. Brazil have looked poor until S Korea gave them an early lead which then gave them the samba mode. If you keep it tight they struggle more.

boingy
06-12-2022, 06:01 PM
Spain are out. Who would have backed Morocco in a penalty shootout v Spain?

Dubbag
06-12-2022, 06:09 PM
How come we play next week while this thing is still going on?
I though it finished before league starts again?

Lindenbaggie
06-12-2022, 06:26 PM
We’re better off than most of them. Brazil have looked poor until S Korea gave them an early lead which then gave them the samba mode. If you keep it tight they struggle more.

Looks like a knighthood for Southgate is well within reach. France are beatable, along with the rest of them.

mickd1961
06-12-2022, 06:57 PM
Spain bore the f u c k out of me tbh.

Constant passing for passing sake with no end product.

Football at its best is all about going past a man, moving the ball through the lines at pace and incisive movement.

At every level this is the same, like our performance v Stoke compared to the slow paced dross under Bruce.

Spain got what they deserved.

I’d rather see us lose to France going at them rather than sit back and hope.

WBA1955
06-12-2022, 07:14 PM
You can see why Brazil are favourites after last night's performance, job done by halftime without getting out of second gear. Some superb football on display.

TipperaryBaggie
06-12-2022, 07:20 PM
Spain one shot on target in the whole 120 minutes. Possession may look good but it's goals that win matches.

Lindenbaggie
06-12-2022, 08:08 PM
Spain bore the f u c k out of me tbh.

Constant passing for passing sake with no end product.

Football at its best is all about going past a man, moving the ball through the lines at pace and incisive movement.

At every level this is the same, like our performance v Stoke compared to the slow paced dross under Bruce.

Spain got what they deserved.

I’d rather see us lose to France going at them rather than sit back and hope.

Boufal of Morocco. Spanish right back will be having nightmares tonight.

DaveP67 is back!
06-12-2022, 10:03 PM
Portugal have some talent! They certainly looked better without the winker tonight!

SwedishBaggie
07-12-2022, 10:23 AM
Portugal have some talent! They certainly looked better without the winker tonight!

Indeed they did Dave.

And Morocco do look dangerous too.

DaveP67 is back!
07-12-2022, 10:34 AM
How come we play next week while this thing is still going on?
I though it finished before league starts again?

Makes sense not many championship players making it to the latter stages of a World Cup! In fact none of ours did at all!