PDA

View Full Version : Not Dan the man

caytonmiller
07-12-2022, 11:41 AM
And so it begins again.
Middlesbrough sniffing for January swoop..

https://www-footballinsider247-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.footballinsider247.com/sources-middlesbrough-plot-move-to-sign-ex-newcastle-star-dan-barlaser-in-january/?amp=&amp_gsa=1&amp_js_v=a9&usqp=mq331AQIKAGwASCAAgM%3D#amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&aoh=16704130936514&csi=0&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.footballinsider247.com% 2Fsources-middlesbrough-plot-move-to-sign-ex-newcastle-star-dan-barlaser-in-january%2F

gru
07-12-2022, 11:47 AM
I'd say his fee considering he's only got 6 months left on his contract £2 million in January.

Lolmorgan
07-12-2022, 01:25 PM
Back home & a bigger club.

Jimmy Badfellow
07-12-2022, 02:30 PM
If you say that Barlaser has 25 games left on his contract rather than 6 months it brings the situation into a more practical light. Would 2 million be enough for TS to give the 'green light'? Without Barlaser how much are our chances of relegation increased? Would Middlesborough offer 2 million anyway because that would amount to 80k a game plus the salary before the end of the season when at that point they could sign him for nought. in fact Barlaser's agent could command a far higher salary for his client in the Summer when no transfer fee has been involved. Are Middlesborough that desperate? They aren't going up and they aren't going down.They have time on their hands. Weighing all that up I'd say he will go for nothing at the end of the season.

Masbroughstreet
07-12-2022, 02:43 PM
I don't think they'd pay 2 million for a player they can get for free in the summer. They didn't pay that much for Crooks who had a least a year left.

I don't think we'd get over a million for any of our players who are out of contract this summer if we were to sell them in January. I'd keep them all, it's better to stay up and let them go for free, than sell them and potentially go down.

crookadile
07-12-2022, 02:45 PM
If we did sell him for 2 mill how much would we get from that. Didn’t Newcastle have a big sell in clause. I say keep him. If he helps us to stay up that’s worth more than any transfer fee.

MillerBill
07-12-2022, 03:17 PM
It would be madness to let him go in January as he is so much a major player for us and the prize for staying in the championship is far greater than what we would get.

Grist_To_The_Mill
07-12-2022, 03:35 PM
If you say that Barlaser has 25 games left on his contract rather than 6 months it brings the situation into a more practical light. Would 2 million be enough for TS to give the 'green light'? Without Barlaser how much are our chances of relegation increased? Would Middlesborough offer 2 million anyway because that would amount to 80k a game plus the salary before the end of the season when at that point they could sign him for nought. in fact Barlaser's agent could command a far higher salary for his client in the Summer when no transfer fee has been involved. Are Middlesborough that desperate? They aren't going up and they aren't going down.They have time on their hands. Weighing all that up I'd say he will go for nothing at the end of the season.

That’s true, but the 25 can turn into less if he picks up an injury, or gets a suspension.

Distasteful but selling is the best option

Lolmorgan
07-12-2022, 04:56 PM

It’s very clever from Middlesbrough,it’s in Dans head now,nearer home bigger club more money,job done.

rileyev.the.third
07-12-2022, 05:10 PM
It would be madness to let him go in January as he is so much a major player for us and the prize for staying in the championship is far greater than what we would get.

Yes but it will be in his head he's going, it could and probably will affect his form. Those 50/50 challenges look a lot more risky to a player on the verge of signing a 7 figure contract. For me the best option would be agreeing terms, letting Dan sign a contract with them but staying with us on loan till the end of the season. I'd suggest this for all the out of contract players tbh.

welovebooth
07-12-2022, 07:29 PM
Keep him.

25 games to stay in the championship worth more to the club than a couple million.

If his agent knows a club a club is willing to pay a certain figure than he would surely advise his client to sit it out

Unless it's a premiership club.

Townerslovechild
07-12-2022, 07:35 PM
If Dan had 2 years left on his contract I would say he`s worth circa 5m,obviously he hasn`t,but I would still rather keep him for this season unless someone offers at least 2.5m,try finding another Dan Barlaser for less than that.

Brin
07-12-2022, 08:02 PM

Jimmy, who says Boro aren’t going down? Hardly pulling any trees up are they?

Ericsladkilnhurst
07-12-2022, 08:13 PM
Wasn't it said Barlaser was ready to talk a new contract, but as this changed with
Paul Warne leaving the club.

Timbertop
07-12-2022, 08:59 PM
Far and away our best player and i'm sure the manager knows it. Tell him he's going nowhere in January but what's the chairman's intentions ?

Grist_To_The_Mill
07-12-2022, 09:01 PM
Far and away our best player and i'm sure the manager knows it. Tell him he's going nowhere in January but what's the chairman's intentions ?

As they’ve always been, to keep the club financially sound

Stovicmiller
07-12-2022, 09:16 PM
Dan’s worth more to Rotherham by helping them stay in the championship. We won’t get much for him with so little left on the contract, plus a sell on fee to Newcastle. Same goes for the other players who are at the end of their contracts .

Brin
07-12-2022, 09:27 PM
What’s the sell on fee to Newcastle… 40% I’ve heard/read somewhere. So if they come with what is a supposed 2million, it’s almost half to Newcastle. Keep him, see the season out, hoping he keeps us up and like Topsy said, let him sign a pre season deal with Boro if they match his expectations