View Full Version : Hearts at home - first game after the break

LSArab
21-12-2022, 10:14 AM
Plenty of reasons why we don’t like the jambos

Taking Neilson and taking our club to court spring to mind immediately

More important is that we need the 3 points on Saturday

Hopefully the team have had plenty of time to get sorted and ready for this one

I pray a keeper is on their way as soon as the January transfer window opens 🙏

In the meantime we should play erikson ahead of Birighitti - he’s got more clean sheets and I think better option though a bit eccentric sometimes on his positioning. He doesn’t throw as many in the net as Birighitti seems to do

Erikson

Freeman Graham Edwards Behich

Meekison Levitt Sibbald

McGrath Fletcher Middleton

COME ON UNITED !!

ARAbCHNID
21-12-2022, 10:54 AM
No Mulgrew? He must come back in, he's been a big miss.
Edwards & Graham is not the best CD combination in the Prem.

LSArab
21-12-2022, 11:12 AM

Would be happy with that

Behich Mulgrew Edwards Freeman

That’s a strong defence 💪

Just need keeper to perform behind them

TerryTheTerror
21-12-2022, 11:22 AM
While Behich had a great World Cup at left back I still think he's better at wing back. I just think our personnel suits 3 central defenders better.

the_arab
21-12-2022, 01:19 PM
Edwards has been absolutely horrendous this season. If it werent for the fact we no hes much better than hes been showing most would want him out the club along with the keepers. If any of the CB's drop out for mulgrew it should be him or at the very least pass on the captaincy to someone else because he has been a disaster with it

offshore_arab83
21-12-2022, 03:58 PM
hearing fletcher is injured

popadom hands will start FACT

f uck knows the rest of the team, take yer pick of a number midfielders, f uck all upfront, so a comfortable 2-0 win for hearts

offshore_arab83
21-12-2022, 03:59 PM

agreed, Edwards and Graham this season wouldnt be the best CD combo in the championship either

shedka
21-12-2022, 09:40 PM

f uck knows the rest of the team, take yer pick of a number midfielders, f uck all upfront, so a comfortable 2-0 win for hearts

I would have said same team that beat Killie 4-0 in the last home game but if Fletch is injured then same team that beat Sheep/Hibs, Watt was very good those games

Arabdownsouth
22-12-2022, 09:32 AM

Full of the Christmas cheer then? XD

For what it's worth though, I'm inclined to agree unfortunately.

Yeats 62
22-12-2022, 06:57 PM
IMO obviously :)
We are better with a back five . Two real full back/wingbacks, with Edwards, Graham being talked through the game by Charlie, in a central three. It's no coincidence that Edwards and Graham have had slumps in form when CM ain't on the park.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no CM fanboy, but things did seem to work better when he was on the park directing traffic.

Captaincy has been debated before. Edwards is great when has just one job to do, unfortunately, he is a follower, not a leader. Nout wrong in that, but whatever burden it is to him, it is showing.

Mulgrew, Graham , Edwards in the centre. Behich on the left, and Smith or Freeman on the right. Pretty good defence.

Goalkeepers??? Nah... Goodnight :D

tHeArAb
22-12-2022, 07:11 PM
IMO obviously :)
We are better with a back five . Two real full back/wingbacks, with Edwards, Graham being talked through the game by Charlie, in a central three. It's no coincidence that Edwards and Graham have had slumps in form when CM ain't on the park.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no CM fanboy, but things did seem to work better when he was on the park directing traffic.

Captaincy has been debated before. Edwards is great when has just one job to do, unfortunately, he is a follower, not a leader. Nout wrong in that, but whatever burden it is to him, it is showing.

Mulgrew, Graham , Edwards in the centre. Behich on the left, and Smith or Freeman on the right. Pretty good defence.

Goalkeepers??? Nah... Goodnight :D

Can pretty much guarantee it'll be your back three with Smith & Behich out wide at the weekend. Birighitti is definitely the first choice keeper of our two first choice keeper's. 😁

FTFun
22-12-2022, 07:56 PM
wonder how Neilson will set up to defend against our world cup star left wing back...

LSArab
22-12-2022, 09:01 PM

Terrible news with the GK

The worst option of the three keepers that we have

With the defence. We have been trying with three at the back for a while now. I’m not sure if it is working leaves spaces behind the wing backs

The goalkeeper situation has me depressed again about Saturday

Dreamsof83
22-12-2022, 09:55 PM
Think we are a shoe in for 3 points this weekend. It's our time. Reckon a 3 nil victory to kick start our charge to the top six.

Although I have been drinking tonight, I am consistent in my belief that we will finish top 6. Even though our goalies aren't the best we have seen at Tannadice, they are to me better than the first choice at Aberdeen, Hibs, St Mirren, St Johnstone, Ross Co, Killie. Signs that Craig Gordon is finally on the decline too....hence why I think we are destined to have a comfortable win on Saturday. Our squad is the envy of many a team. We are only 13 points of 3rd and times they are a changing. Will be singing my fat little heart out on Saturday and am intending on having the most Beautiful (Christmas) Sunday.

TerryTheTerror
22-12-2022, 11:35 PM
Top 6? 🤣

Chick A Saw
23-12-2022, 12:42 AM
The gift that keeps on giving this weekend with a certain Mr D Ross from Moray running one of the lines! Have doubts i will see my crimbo lunch!

Arabdownsouth
23-12-2022, 02:13 AM
Think we are a shoe in for 3 points this weekend. It's our time. Reckon a 3 nil victory to kick start our charge to the top six.

Although I have been drinking tonight, I am consistent in my belief that we will finish top 6. Even though our goalies aren't the best we have seen at Tannadice, they are to me better than the first choice at Aberdeen, Hibs, St Mirren, St Johnstone, Ross Co, Killie. Signs that Craig Gordon is finally on the decline too....hence why I think we are destined to have a comfortable win on Saturday. Our squad is the envy of many a team. We are only 13 points of 3rd and times they are a changing. Will be singing my fat little heart out on Saturday and am intending on having the most Beautiful (Christmas) Sunday.

Drinking meths by any chance? :P

the_arab
23-12-2022, 09:51 AM

was back training weds, heard from someone who works at club

Jim_Jam
23-12-2022, 10:02 AM

This is obviously a wind up.

Although I have been drinking tonight, I am consistent in my belief that our goalies consistently let us down.

LSArab
23-12-2022, 10:21 AM

Great that you are feeling so positive

I don’t think the other clubs would swap us keepers

Trevor Carson for one is definitely better than what we have

I see Raith are looking for a keeper which might be one way to offload

offshore_arab83
23-12-2022, 10:48 AM

holy f uck have you been drinking absinth

stokearab
23-12-2022, 11:08 AM
I'm fk sick of losing to them and it's about time we beat them. Neilson has made comments to the Scotsman about how Tannadice is a place they like going and if I was Fox I'd pin that up in the dressing room and try to fire the players up a bit.

We need something here, preferably a confidence boosting 3 points because it's wins that get you up the table.

I sense a real malaise within the fanbase and Fox needs a result to turn that around and instill a more positive feeling. Folks are scunnered.

We need a really energetic high intensity. The players need to snap into tackles and give them no peace at all. We also need to be more careful with the ball when we have it.

I'm not a fan of Djoum based on what I've seen so far but I'd play him and ask him to cover back and forth across the back 4, just play it simple when he gets it.
I'd also be telling the midfield players to play into Sadat's feet and get runners beyond him.
Sadat, because when Fletcher plays it's too easy to just hit aimless high balls up to him.
Hoping for the best isn't good enough. It's time for Happy Hour 😄
I'd go 4141

..........Eriksson
Freeman Edwards Graham Behich
..........Djoum
...Sibbald Levitt McGrath Watt
........Sadat..

We've got options to change if that doesn't work. Middleton etc. Hard to leave Mulgrew out but as someone else said that back 5 formation was leaving too many spaces in behind and Hearts do have attack pace.

So send them chunts back to Gorgie empty handed ⚽️

C'mon United 🧡

Dreamsof83
23-12-2022, 04:39 PM
I'm honestly not on the wind up. Results not gone our way but we are a better footballing side than many in the league. Personally think Carson is not a great keeper but will accept he is certainly not far off our choices.

Things change, confidence builds. This could be a great stretch for us, particularly with the games for those around us. Couple of wins and we are 100% in the mix for the top 6. I believe our squad depth is better than others around us.

Not sure much will be done in January transfer wise but agree some ball winning is our area to fix.

Hope the Jambos get made eat their words. Should definitely be all the motivation the team needs going into the game. I like a back 3, but agree against teams like Hearts and Celtic in particular, their shape makes a back 4 a more attractive set up for us. Think we can match them in midfield. If they play Halliday at left back again, that is a weakness we need to exploit. Would personally be tempted to get Niskanen on the Right for this one as his pace will be an out ball against Halliday.

Erikson
Freeman Edwards Graham McMann
Niskanen Levitt Sibbald Behich
McGrath
Watt

That is assuming Fletcher is not match fit, although sometimes feel we are too direct with him playing anyway.

Honestly think 3 points are there for us tomorrow

tHeArAb
23-12-2022, 05:14 PM
100% thought you were on the wind up. Holy f*cking sh*t btw. 😳😳😳😳

TerryTheTerror
23-12-2022, 05:16 PM
Again, 😂

the_arab
23-12-2022, 05:23 PM
we are a better footballing side than many in the league.

you lost me here

Jim_Jam
23-12-2022, 05:28 PM

Dreamsof83 is dreaming.
Best leave him 'til he comes down to earth.

Dreamsof83
23-12-2022, 06:02 PM
We are a better footballing side. We move the ball well. We are happy to go backwards (despite the groans from the stands). Much rather watch football being played properly than kick and chase pish that so many other teams play.

We do struggle with the final third creativity, but that is the hardest part of football. Genuinely believe we have the quality for that to develop though.

Understand the negativity. Understand the fear too, but honestly believe it will be a decent second half to the season.

Hope I am right!!! Guess we all hope I am right!

Yeats 62
23-12-2022, 07:42 PM
We are a better footballing side. We move the ball well. We are happy to go backwards (despite the groans from the stands). Much rather watch football being played properly than kick and chase pish that so many other teams play.

We do struggle with the final third creativity, but that is the hardest part of football. Genuinely believe we have the quality for that to develop though.

Understand the negativity. Understand the fear too, but honestly believe it will be a decent second half to the season.

I for one, REALLY hope you are right.... I also really really hope you are arite :D

Arabs4ever
23-12-2022, 07:42 PM

You weren't the scout that unearthed all these "internationalists" were you?

Dreamsof83
23-12-2022, 07:59 PM
Think Behich has proven his credentials at least. Others yet to be given a consistent chance

tHeArAb
23-12-2022, 08:58 PM
Hearts allocation sold out. Gonnn be a noisy away support tomorrow. The thought of Ginnelly & McKay running at our defenders with Shankland in the middle gives me the f*cking fear. Genuinely do not see how we win this game.

LSArab
23-12-2022, 10:45 PM
I'm fk sick of losing to them and it's about time we beat them. Neilson has made comments to the Scotsman about how Tannadice is a place they like going and if I was Fox I'd pin that up in the dressing room and try to fire the players up a bit.

We need something here, preferably a confidence boosting 3 points because it's wins that get you up the table.

I sense a real malaise within the fanbase and Fox needs a result to turn that around and instill a more positive feeling. Folks are scunnered.

We need a really energetic high intensity. The players need to snap into tackles and give them no peace at all. We also need to be more careful with the ball when we have it.

I'm not a fan of Djoum based on what I've seen so far but I'd play him and ask him to cover back and forth across the back 4, just play it simple when he gets it.
I'd also be telling the midfield players to play into Sadat's feet and get runners beyond him.
Sadat, because when Fletcher plays it's too easy to just hit aimless high balls up to him.
Hoping for the best isn't good enough. It's time for Happy Hour 😄
I'd go 4141

..........Eriksson
Freeman Edwards Graham Behich
..........Djoum
...Sibbald Levitt McGrath Watt
........Sadat..

We've got options to change if that doesn't work. Middleton etc. Hard to leave Mulgrew out but as someone else said that back 5 formation was leaving too many spaces in behind and Hearts do have attack pace.

So send them chunts back to Gorgie empty handed ⚽️

C'mon United 🧡

Great rallying call stokey - I like that team too 👌

We need to start winning

Two wins in the next two and we could pull level with Motherwell (they have Sevco up next)

Come on United !!

JUSTaway
23-12-2022, 10:57 PM
I agree utd have played most dangerous football without fletcher, no reflection on him, just the team is one dimensional when hè plays, play wide and cross ball. Think we are too soft and the aussie doesn’t make saves for us to win this.

stokearab
23-12-2022, 11:03 PM
I agree utd have played most dangerous football without fletcher, no reflection on him, just the team is one dimensional when hè plays, play wide and cross ball. Think we are too soft and the aussie doesn’t make saves for us to win this.

We need a Christmas miracle then 😄 🎄 ☃️
2-1 🥅 🧡🧡⚽️⚽️💔⚽️

wolvesarab
24-12-2022, 12:25 AM
Other results have went our way over the last couple of games. Now it's time for the players to show what they're made of. The next three games will define our fate.

stokearab
24-12-2022, 01:05 AM
In case anyone missed it this is Aziz nearly scoring a worldy v the World Cup Winners

https://youtube.com/shorts/Q6rOO5sxcI0?feature=share

offshore_arab83
24-12-2022, 09:52 AM

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

LSArab
24-12-2022, 01:19 PM
Still a useless goalkeeper and 4 wing backs

Middleton and Fletch up front

Djoum Levitt and Harkes midfield

stokearab
24-12-2022, 01:31 PM
Still a useless goalkeeper and 4 wing backs

Middleton and Fletch up front

Djoum Levitt and Harkes midfield

One recognised CB and Edwards has struggled to do the work of 2 when we've tried that. Looks a losing 11 to me but I hope I'm wrong.

Dreamsof83
24-12-2022, 01:39 PM
Now I'm at the ground, my confidence has admittedly taken a hit.....with a sledgehammer. We can hope though eh?!

Arabdownsouth
24-12-2022, 01:41 PM
Where's McGrath?

stokearab
24-12-2022, 01:41 PM
Now I'm at the ground, my confidence has admittedly taken a hit.....with a sledgehammer. We can hope though eh?!

Good luck from sunny Spain mate, hope you see a victory. C'mon United 🧡🧡

stokearab
24-12-2022, 01:43 PM
Where's McGrath?

Yep. Clusterfk. We always seem to be under strength or undercooked with injuries.

Arabdownsouth
24-12-2022, 01:47 PM
Yep. Clusterfk. We always seem to be under strength or undercooked with injuries.

We've got Harkes though thank ****!

stokearab
24-12-2022, 01:50 PM
We've got Harkes though thank ****!

Something I would never say.... 😅
"Foxy will be over the moon when Harksy dictates the midfield and scores the winner. We look more balanced when he plays"

We are f.uc.k.ed

Arabdownsouth
24-12-2022, 01:55 PM
Something I would never say.... ��
"Foxy will be over the moon when Harksy dictates the midfield and scores the winner. We look more balanced when he plays"

We are f.uc.k.ed

I'll be over the moon if he does exactly that XD

stokearab
24-12-2022, 03:02 PM
We look threatening up their right hand side with Behich but at the same time they look dangerous every time they're in our final third.

Got out of jail a wee bit with the pen but we need to strengthen our presence in midfield if we're going to win this.

stokearab
24-12-2022, 03:03 PM
Sibbald for Harkes please.

stokearab
24-12-2022, 03:05 PM
Nearly anyone on our subbie bench would be a better alternative to Djoum, including Eriksson 😅

And tell that bassa Neilson to stop trying to referee the game.

weegiearab
24-12-2022, 03:53 PM
Right....I think Fletcher was offside in the run up to the penalty claim....I also think Gordon has jumped in in a dangerous out of control manner and should have been sent off......VAR is seriously sh1te..mayne they should be miking the refs up like the rugby to explain how they came to the decision that they do!

stokearab
24-12-2022, 04:14 PM
Right....I think Fletcher was offside in the run up to the penalty claim....I also think Gordon has jumped in in a dangerous out of control manner and should have been sent off......VAR is seriously sh1te..mayne they should be miking the refs up like the rugby to explain how they came to the decision that they do!

My initial reaction was red and a pen.

But Fox has been naive here and thrown away 2 v1tal points. Bringing Sibbald on at 94 minutes ffs. WTAF Should have been on much earlier for Harkes because our midfield just kept coughing up possession.

stokearab
24-12-2022, 04:16 PM
Overall though a battling committed performance and a point many on here had written off. But so frustrating yet again because 3 was there for us.

Arabdownsouth
24-12-2022, 04:23 PM
Overall though a battling committed performance and a point many on here had written off. But so frustrating yet again because 3 was there for us.

Yeah, my overriding fear is that these kinda results are the kind that get teams relegated though. Absolutely gutted we didn't get 3 points there

Chick A Saw
24-12-2022, 04:30 PM
I accept we were tiring and Fletcher took an injury, but Watt did nothing to help us and Graham coming on threw the balance of the team totally.

stokearab
24-12-2022, 04:38 PM
I accept we were tiring and Fletcher took an injury, but Watt did nothing to help us and Graham coming on threw the balance of the team totally.

Hate saying this but Fox's inexperience has cost us 2 points there.
A lot of positives though, McMann Behich Freeman and Edwards were absolute warriors. Some other good performances too.

Chick A Saw
24-12-2022, 04:45 PM
I had the feeling that none of this really mattered after the medics took so much time with Craig Gordon, and what ive just seen confirms this.

Get well soon Scotlands No1

arabiain
24-12-2022, 04:45 PM
Hate saying this but Fox's inexperience has cost us 2 points there.
A lot of positives though, McMann Behich Freeman and Edwards were absolute warriors. Some other good performances too. Agree 100%. I would have had Djoum off for Sibbald 20 mins before the end as midfield was getting overrun.

Sande_Man
24-12-2022, 04:52 PM
It’s the hope that kills you! 😞

weegiearab
24-12-2022, 05:10 PM
Can I also add that Robbie Neilsen is a complete bell end and I hope Santa sh#tes on his Christmas presents.

stokearab
24-12-2022, 05:12 PM
I had the feeling that none of this really mattered after the medics took so much time with Craig Gordon, and what ive just seen confirms this.

Get well soon Scotlands No1

This might sound harsh but when Gordon plays for Hearts he's Hearts Number 1 and he's come through Fletcher with both knees up. He chose to make a challenge which denied a goalscoring opportunity so how that's not a red and a pen I don't know. He knows Fletcher is going to connect and score. He knows he's second favourite for that ball imo. But referees make the decisions.

But yes, hope he's ok, never want to see any player injured.

JamesMcClean
24-12-2022, 05:15 PM
Yeah, my overriding fear is that these kinda results are the kind that get teams relegated though. Absolutely gutted we didn't get 3 points there

No it’s not results like today that do that - it’s results like losing at home to Livingston, St Johnstone and Motherwell that get you relegated. Win those and today is a decent point.

Which I still feel it is - so long as we win Wednesday that is……………………

stokearab
24-12-2022, 05:20 PM
No it’s not results like today that do that - it’s results like losing at home to Livingston, St Johnstone and Motherwell that get you relegated. Win those and today is a decent point.

Agree, it's definitely two dropped but a decent 1 only if we get 3 on Wednesday.

If we can apply ourselves like that again we can beat County but we really need Fox to wise up when we're conceding so much possession and space in midfield when we're ahead.

weegiearab
24-12-2022, 05:23 PM
Yip..lots of positives. Hopefully, Fletcher is not too injured as he was a constant threat to Hearts today and I am not sure that we really have a player that can replace him! Good that our keeper kept himself off the radar with no brain farts. Overall, the team played well and had a bit of fight which is massive. We just need a wee rub of the green to build confidence...too early to see this as a point gained or 2 dropped! We didn't get beat...so that's a start!

Chick A Saw
24-12-2022, 05:31 PM
I was in line with where the challenge happened and thought it as a classic 50/50 with both players going for the ball. And yes, my comments are because i never like to see a potential career ender happen to anyone.

Having said that though, i hope the ref has not had his mind changed out of sympathy having seen something of the aftermath on VAR.

stokearab
24-12-2022, 05:33 PM
Yip..lots of positives. Hopefully, Fletcher is not too injured as he was a constant threat to Hearts today and I am not sure that we really have a player that can replace him! Good that our keeper kept himself off the radar with no brain farts. Overall, the team played well and had a bit of fight which is massive. We just need a wee rub of the green to build confidence...too early to see this as a point gained or 2 dropped! We didn't get beat...so that's a start!

It's definitely 2 dropped imo. It was in our hands and Fox left the midfield changes too late.

shedka
24-12-2022, 05:34 PM
Action packed entertaining game today, hope Gordon is OK too, top keeper, some save from Fletcher header at 2-1

Really gutting not to take the 3 pts from that, was expecting a point at best, to me looked a soft pen that Shankland has bought by throwing himself down

Plenty positives, two good goals, keeper was ok today, we still have McGrath to come back in too, Fletcher was really good, that's the third best side in the league we faced and went toe to toe, played some decent stuff and defended well for most part

Need to recover quick to give everything the next two games

stokearab
24-12-2022, 05:36 PM
It's definitely 2 dropped imo. It was in our hands and Fox left the midfield changes too late.
We're 2-1 up, Djoum is running round like a headless chicken, Harkes is awol. We can't keep the ball and they're pressing us. He needed to bring on Sibbald at that point.

Arabknight
24-12-2022, 05:45 PM
Thought we played well today. A lot of commitment that has been missing, but totally agree Fox screwed up massively and brought sibbald on far too late. The midfield were struggling last 20/30 mins. Change shld have been around that mark.

Whitfieldarab
24-12-2022, 05:51 PM
Thought we were OK. Poppadom not called into action much. Fletcher was our standout player but he should have done much better with his 2 headers,especially the 1st one. Middleton started well then faded. Harkes really pi55es me off,when a player gets a start after not getting many in a lot of the previous games then surely he should be buzzing about,trying his heart out and going through brick walls so he gives his manager something to think about for the next game?.....nope.

Not seen the penalty decisions close up yet but I'll have a look later. Tell you what though thon VAR can GTF. 16 minutes of injury time was it?fk that......I'd rather listen to some wee ned banging on a drum for 90 minutes 😫

Arabdownsouth
24-12-2022, 06:04 PM

My point is that when we got relegated last time it was by turning draws into defeats and turning 3 points into 1,just like today. Good battling performances are great but we are still ****ing bottom.

Arabknight
24-12-2022, 06:36 PM
Even Nielsen saying that decision to give shankland a penalty wasn’t a penalty. Although he is adamant that the one against djoum was.

TerryTheTerror
24-12-2022, 06:51 PM
I thought we played will today and it would have been pretty harsh on Hearts if they'd left with nothing, a draw was a fair result. Pretty frustrating getting so close though but I really don't think their penalty at the end was much of a foul, total dive and the referee bought it.

dreamoftangerine
24-12-2022, 07:05 PM
I did enjoy the game today considering how much I was dreading the outcome pre-match. Completely gutted at the end with what seemed an attempt by the ref to ‘level things up’. Hard to say in real time but thought they conned the ref.

Sorry to see Gordon suffer such a bad one. He’s an outstanding keeper and generally a decent bloke. I had a great view of the challenge and thought it was there for both to win and both committed 100%.

Can’t recall popadom having to make too many direct saves other that tip a few corners on.

Encouraging team performance but still feel we leave teams too much time on the ball to pick their passes. Screaming at Harkes and Djoum to get a tackle in but no…we’ll stand and watch them pass around us. Desperately need some proper dig in that midfield area!

Fletcher and Middleton seemed a good combo up too. Watt is not the answer! Holy f@ck he does my head in.

Manager lost us the game on my opinion with poor and badly timed subs. Come on man you have a part to play in this battle so get your sh1t together or it’ll be too late.

Bring on the county.

shedka
24-12-2022, 08:06 PM
Do think if any team deserved the win it was us and don't think it's all on the manager, soft pen that the ref bought, agree Djoum should have been subbed as looked knackered but nothing to do with that with regards the pen at the end, I think we'd have held out otherwise

Still a point many didn't think we'd get pre game and we can be confident most home games now that we are scoring goals and can pick up pts, we were narrowly beaten v St j and Well, unlucky in both imo especially the latter with the sending off, we've beaten sheep, Hibs and Killie and drawn with hearts

Need to find something that works better on the road, Celtic Park and Pittodrie were narrow defeats and deserved something from the Pittodrie one, goalie errors arguably cost us in both but still we need to win the odd away game, if we do we'll definitely stay up

tHeArAb
24-12-2022, 08:20 PM
Two points dropped today. Absolutely gutted about it. Fletcher was superb. Dunno why McGrath wasnt playing, hopefully back for Wed. Djoum offers very little. Birighitti better although made a couple of poor decisions which are baffling at times. Thankfully didn't cost us anything this week. As for Gordon, he always comes out for a long ball with his knee in the air to fend of attackers. He'll maybe no be doing that again, if he even plays again.

Win on Wed however, and we could be 10th!

JamesMcClean
24-12-2022, 08:53 PM
Snodgrass had the absolute freedom of Tannadice to lumber about in the middle and constantly ping off ‘quarterback’ passes over the top, particularly down our left hand side. We never, ever, seemed to ‘get’ that for the entire 90 minutes, even though he turned like an oil tanker and frankly had a certain dare I say it, ‘Fatty Harkins’ quality about him. I hate to say it because I know it’s like a broken record, but Butcher would have let him know in the first two minutes that he could expect phuck all time on the ball for the duration. Even if it meant taking a yellow for the team. But if it meant intimidating the opposition he did it, no question. How many of our current midfield are prepared to do that?

LSArab
24-12-2022, 11:13 PM
Looking back at today

Two quality strikes

Disappointing to concede two at home and the soft penalty in last minute

Positives and negatives

We still desperately need a keeper in January and after that I think we will see a big improvement - and dare I say it possible move closer to the top 6 as those in charge want

I wonder if we will play murlgrew and Graham next game and have saved their height for county

Whitfieldarab
24-12-2022, 11:29 PM
Watched the highlights on Sportscene tonight and that penalty for Hearts is as soft as it gets, Shankland has conned the ref and he's taken the bait. Cost me £350 on my coupon too😡

Dreamsof83
24-12-2022, 11:34 PM
My (pre gettining to the game) optimism perhaps wasn't to be, but definitely deserved the 3 points. So much to dissect! Firstly, bold set up with Harkes on the right of a front 3. Didn't work, not because of Harkes but because Djoum and Levitt couldn't cover the midfield space. Fair play to Fox for fixing that. Second half we could and should have been out of sight.

The Djoum handball was a ridiculous decision. The Gordon one is interesting. He has leapt, two footed and out of control. Regardless of whether he touches the ball first or not that is a penalty and arguably a red card. Horrible to see a Scottish legend injured so badly though. Hope that isnt how he bows out of the game.

The final penalty is an absolute joke. A dive. BUT incredibly naive. Must have seen that the ref was giving them fouls for any slight touch and their crumpling to the floor, shouldn't have given him the opportunity to give it. He was on a mission to be the centre of attention today and was begging for a chance to give a pen

Overall though, we were far more dangerous than them. Looked a threat whenever we went forward. But for good goalkeeping from Gordon, we win that game easily.

I am definitely optimistic for Wednesday now!! Word for Birighitti. Complete confidence in him today. Look assured. Good distribution, long and short at times too. Maybe he will come good.

Merry Christmas all. Hope Santa brings us those boots to march into the top six!

wolvesarab
25-12-2022, 12:04 AM
Exactly, it's one of them where he's touched him ever so slightly but it's deemed as not a clear and obvious error by the referee. Soft as ****e. If any sensible person was on VAR duty they would be saying "really?". Even the cnut Neilson admitted it wasn't a pen. Honestly this VAR nonsense will drive fans away from the game. Sickener for the coupon too 🤬

stokearab
25-12-2022, 01:54 PM
I didn't see Sportscene last night but I'd be interested to hear what the pundits said about the Fletcher/Gordon collision?

I'm assuming they said it was a premeditated life threatening assault by Fletcher on a helpless keeper 😎

What's everyone's thoughts on that? Fletcher at fault, Gordon at fault, no one at fault?

By the way, if that's a pen and we score it it's then 3-1 and I don't think Hearts are getting 2 goals in the time left. Academic but there you go.

Hopefully Craig Gordon recovers ok, by all accounts a nice bloke.

LSArab
25-12-2022, 02:40 PM
Michael Stewart is the best pundit - much better than Foster but that would not be hard

He said it was two players challenging for ball which seems right

tHeArAb
25-12-2022, 03:04 PM
Was a good 50/50, however, Gordon went in recklessly with his leg raised which may well have cost him his career.

stokearab
25-12-2022, 03:53 PM
Was a good 50/50, however, Gordon went in recklessly with his leg raised which may well have cost him his career.

Football Scotland are reporting that Michael Stewart described it as just two players coming together. I still think it's a reckless challenge by Gordon. When he makes that challenge he knows he's saving a certain goal but he also knows there's a risk of injury. If Gordon had broken Fletchers leg with the challenge I'm pretty sure folk wouldn't be so sympathetic to Gordon.

But I guess we move on. Neilson has gone even further down in my estimation now if that was even possible. Sevco esque chunt

geofoxposse
26-12-2022, 01:57 AM
A disgraceful attempt by Gordon to end Fletchers involvement, he is curled up ready for impact and had he not had a loose leg would have destroyed him. Nice bloke or not the system is ****ed.

offshore_arab83
26-12-2022, 07:41 AM
Sober enough to properly post now

actually enjoyed the game, even stayed till they scored their penalty which was soft as f uck. gordon should have seen red and should have been a pen.

djoum and harkes f ucking dreadful, cannot belive they were not subbed, we were screaming for sibbald from around 75/80 mins, f ucking golden boys

special mention to popadom hands for not flogging any goals

an overall improvement but still too many square pegs in round holes

wednesday is a MUST win

arab777
26-12-2022, 08:31 AM
Michael Stewart is the best pundit - much better than Foster but that would not be hard

He said it was two players challenging for ball which seems right

I like Michael Stewart but he is a jambo and has a tendency to put on maroon tinted spectacles when it comes to Hearts.

TerryTheTerror
26-12-2022, 09:32 AM
I like Michael Stewart but he is a jambo and has a tendency to put on maroon tinted spectacles when it comes to Hearts.

I don't think it was a penalty. One of those where if the keeper misses the ball then it's pen bit he didn't.

the_arab
26-12-2022, 10:19 AM
I don't think it was a penalty. One of those where if the keeper misses the ball then it's pen bit he didn't.

Winning the ball first does not excuse reckless play. Even if he wins the ball he is still endangering Fletcher with the way he goes in, whilst Gordon is the one that came off worse it shouldn't excuse from that fact.

At the game i thought 50/50, i can understand why var chopped off the pen as well but having watched the replays and seeing a proper angle of how Gordon challenges for it im shading more to it being a pen and a red

Also wanted to add, this may sound strange but 2 big random things i enjoyed near the end.

1. Watt getting booked for foul on half way line
2. Birighitti getting booked for time wasting

Why did i like them? Well it shows we are finally switching on to being streetwise. We need our players to be @rseholes when winning if we are to get out of this, we have been too soft for years, i want teams to hate playing us, want opposing fans to be moaning about our players cheating etc etc. Just do what it takes, even if that means being pr1cks

Arabdownsouth
26-12-2022, 11:59 AM

I remember saying that Butcher shouldn't have been sent off when he actually got the ball first and was shouted down. How can it work one way but not the other? Ridiculous challenge in my opinion.

LSArab
26-12-2022, 12:11 PM
I remember saying that Butcher shouldn't have been sent off when he actually got the ball first and was shouted down. How can it work one way but not the other? Ridiculous challenge in my opinion.

The Livi player Holt v Hibs got sent off when he got the ball and then nesbitt came in and collided with him and rolled about on the ground

No consistency and refs are still dreadful with or without var

TerryTheTerror
26-12-2022, 01:40 PM
The fact there is mixed opinion even with Arabs means it's always going to be debatable with the referees at the game.

stokearab
26-12-2022, 02:55 PM
I've just read the the whole Jambo Kickback match thread. There's a minority of level headed guys posting there prepared to say it was a 50/50 with Fletcher and the Shankland pen award was soft. Understandably not one is willing to admit Craig Gordon was reckless.

What struck me most was the level of hate towards our club generally and the fact some of them want Fletcher badly injured when we visit Tynecastle. They're calling us dirty c***s just because we stood up for ourselves physically. They're blaming us for most of the injuries they've had in games at Tannadice - from what I've seen almost all of their injuries were fair challenges or they've injured themselves like Halkett yesterday.

The only thing they seem to agree with us about is that Neilson is a complete knob of a man.

Yeats 62
26-12-2022, 03:13 PM
ANY keeper going for that type of 50/50 challenge with BOTH knees raised that high, know they are protecting themselves and it is going to hurt the attacker. Unfortunately (for him) Fletcher also knows he will get hurt more if he pulls out, so he commits 100%
It's a shame CG was injured so badly, but, he was defo making sure SF wasn't going to score from that chance.

Hope he recovers to play again, 40 is the new 30 for goalkeepers these days.

Dave63
26-12-2022, 07:10 PM
I've just read the the whole Jambo Kickback match thread. There's a minority of level headed guys posting there prepared to say it was a 50/50 with Fletcher and the Shankland pen award was soft. Understandably not one is willing to admit Craig Gordon was reckless.

What struck me most was the level of hate towards our club generally and the fact some of them want Fletcher badly injured when we visit Tynecastle. They're calling us dirty c***s just because we stood up for ourselves physically. They're blaming us for most of the injuries they've had in games at Tannadice - from what I've seen almost all of their injuries were fair challenges or they've injured themselves like Halkett yesterday.

The only thing they seem to agree with us about is that Neilson is a complete knob of a man.
Read all the crap aswell them mini huns saying on kickback few saying he better not turn up in February when we go to them . Do these horrible c**** think he's going worry about them and few do agree shankland is a diving p****

tHeArAb
26-12-2022, 07:16 PM
Read all the crap aswell them mini huns saying on kickback few saying he better not turn up in February when we go to them . Do these horrible c**** think he's going worry about them and few do agree shankland is a diving p****

Shankland went down easily, but it was very naive of Graham. No need to have his arms all over Shankland like he did. Was just asking for trouble.

TerryTheTerror
26-12-2022, 11:07 PM
Yeah, if Behich had stayed on I don't think it would have happened.

Dave63
27-12-2022, 02:13 PM
Right ok