PDA

View Full Version : Dike’s goal.

mickd1961
02-01-2023, 06:50 PM
Just seen it.

This is exactly what we’ve been missing for years in our side, a number 9 who plays between the two posts when the ball is out wide.

This was a wonderful strikers goal, just the sort I loved to be score at my p I s s poor standard.

Dike is a proper number 9 and a steal at £4m.

Happy to have been proved wrong, this lad will score goals in the Prem when he gets there.

Prando
02-01-2023, 07:02 PM
He received tremendous vociferous support from the fans…great atmosphere today.
I thought the ‘undisclosed fee’ speculation was nearer £10m with some performance add-ons ? But still a decent acquisition at that price if he remains injury free.

mickd1961
02-01-2023, 07:14 PM
Today’s was a Bob Taylor/Cyrille Regis type finish Paul.

Rondon and many others didn’t seem to get what the role of a number 9 entailed, this has frustrated the Hell out of me with our strikers for years.

baggiematt
02-01-2023, 08:44 PM
He looked a bit slow today and you can see the toll those injuries have taken on him, which is why CC has rested him a lot since his return.

If he can get his sharpness back, he’ll be a heck of a player.

boingy
05-01-2023, 04:43 PM
Today’s was a Bob Taylor/Cyrille Regis type finish Paul.

Rondon and many others didn’t seem to get what the role of a number 9 entailed, this has frustrated the Hell out of me with our strikers for years.

The best player we've had in years be it on loan for having a positive no messing approach up front was Lukaku. If Dike is half the player he was I'll be happy.