PDA

View Full Version : Coventry don't mess about, why are we not as quick?

Brin
06-01-2023, 06:29 PM
BNC leaves us today and goes straight to Coventry on loan. That's either astute recruitment from the Coventry set up or, he's been spoken too long before today.

Grist_To_The_Mill
06-01-2023, 06:42 PM
BNC leaves us today and goes straight to Coventry on loan. That's either astute recruitment from the Coventry set up or, he's been spoken too long before today.

Perhaps their system is more streamlined and efficient?

Dealing in positives and not maybes

BramleyMiller58
06-01-2023, 06:51 PM

Or Coventry approached Ar$€nal sometime back ?

CAMiller
06-01-2023, 06:53 PM
We were quick to give Tom Eaves a 3 years contract. What more do you want?

jockey
06-01-2023, 06:55 PM
Certainly need to get our finger out. Currently 16 first team squad players left(including Chieo and Peltier coming back from injury and Bola who has hardly played). Throw in the fact Chieo and Barlaser could go and we are really in the doggie doo!

Brin
06-01-2023, 07:20 PM
We were quick to give Tom Eaves a 3 years contract. What more do you want?

I wanted someone to have realised they are dyslexic and it wasn't the all action guy we wanted to sign, a man with get up and go that wins at all costs.

Apparently we were after Tom Cruise not Tom Eaves!

Godsend.F.C.
06-01-2023, 07:39 PM

Mark Robins - Coventry City targeted BNC last summer and failed.

We signed him, does that make us astute?

BNC also played for almost 30 minutes at their place earlier this season.
Robins will know what the player is all about.
BNC needs to be playing top end championship to develop more.

Brin
06-01-2023, 07:45 PM
Mark Robins - Coventry City targeted BNC last summer and failed.

We signed him, does that make us astute?

BNC also played for almost 30 minutes at their place earlier this season.
Robins will know what the player is all about.
BNC needs to be playing top end championship to develop more.

Godsend, I wasn't aware Robins targeted BNC but we got him, that explains it more, however, it was a very quick move on don't you think?

gru
06-01-2023, 07:52 PM
Norton-Cuffy is no Giles! Let MT get his players in.

Grist_To_The_Mill
06-01-2023, 07:55 PM
I wanted someone to have realised they are dyslexic and it wasn't the all action guy we wanted to sign, a man with get up and go that wins at all costs.

Apparently we were after Tom Cruise not Tom Eaves!

Recruitment for us often turns out to be a Mission Impossible

Brin
06-01-2023, 08:02 PM
Recruitment for us often turns out to be a Mission Impossible

XD...like it Grist.

MILLERSTALE
06-01-2023, 08:29 PM
XD...like it Grist.

Top gun Grist

Godsend.F.C.
06-01-2023, 08:37 PM

Godsend, I wasn't aware Robins targeted BNC but we got him, that explains it more, however, it was a very quick move on don't you think?

Yes Brin, very quick and astute from Robins but like I said he would be aware of the BNC situation as it came towards end of December.
Don't forget though with High gone back (if he's gone back) and BNC left the club it frees up some cash to bring other players in.
They would possibly have only been paying 50% of his wages or slightly above Coventry may be paying a little bit more % and they're higher in the table.

Brin
06-01-2023, 08:55 PM
Yes Brin, very quick and astute from Robins but like I said he would be aware of the BNC situation as it came towards end of December.
Don't forget though with High gone back (if he's gone back) and BNC left the club it frees up some cash to bring other players in.
They would possibly have only been paying 50% of his wages or slightly above Coventry may be paying a little bit more % and they're higher in the table.

GFC, Don't know if you picked up on a post I put up the other day where I said that BNC is on 18k a week at Ar.senal! £18k a week and he's not even a first team player. So, assuming we were paying 50% of his wage that's a staggering £9 a week! It's mind blowing what Prem clubs pay their young fringe players.

No one at our club is on that so what kind of player could that bring in, assuming we were paying 50% of his wage?

Hind probably on 3-4 k so 1500 - 2k, again wages to spend elsewhere.

Timbertop
06-01-2023, 09:02 PM
Don't think we would be contributing anything like £9k for BNC but then again people keep telling me Eaves is on a £8k per week 3 year contract' so who knows ?!

Grist_To_The_Mill
06-01-2023, 09:04 PM
There’s probably a more simple explanation

Arsenal are a club that tends to develop the more flair type of player rather than grafter types.

The last thing they want is for Cuffy to get caught up in a relegation scrap, huffing and puffing in a squad where he might be forced to play whilst carrying a niggling injury and being forced into playing in a position he doesn’t like.

So they probably think Coventry is a better option for their player, and Cuffy himself probably agrees

Brin
06-01-2023, 09:06 PM
Don't think we would be contributing anything like £9k for BNC but then again people keep telling me Eaves is on a £8k per week 3 year contract' so who knows ?!

TT, we once paid £10k of Becchio's £18k a week wage while on loan from Norwich so, more than 50%. When he got injured and had to return to Norwich for treatment Stewart still had to pay the £10k a week til the season end as his contract saw him injured while playing for us. Another one Stewart got stung with.

Brin
06-01-2023, 09:08 PM
There’s probably a more simple explanation

Arsenal are a club that tends to develop the more flair type of player rather than grafter types.

The last thing they want is for Cuffy to get caught up in a relegation scrap, huffing and puffing in a squad where he might be forced to play whilst carrying a niggling injury and being forced into playing in a position he doesn’t like.

So they probably think Coventry is a better option for their player, and Cuffy himself probably agrees

......and Coventry will probably suit his style of play. Good luck to the lad and Robins for keeping the focus on him in order to finally get him.

Godsend.F.C.
06-01-2023, 09:21 PM
GFC, Don't know if you picked up on a post I put up the other day where I said that BNC is on 18k a week at Ar.senal! £18k a week and he's not even a first team player. So, assuming we were paying 50% of his wage that's a staggering £9 a week! It's mind blowing what Prem clubs pay their young fringe players.

No one at our club is on that so what kind of player could that bring in, assuming we were paying 50% of his wage?

Hind probably on 3-4 k so 1500 - 2k, again wages to spend elsewhere.

No Brin, I didn't see you mention £18k a week re BNC - Ars3nal.
I would be guessing and taking a speculative guess at any players wages per week.
If you want me to guess I will, - BNC £16k at Ars3nal - £8k with us.
Peltier on a 12month contract won't have come cheap neither will Eaves.
I'm not fussed what players earn at RUFC - it's a job. If a player can screw more cash from a club then good luck. If the club can screw the players agent and end up paying less then all well and good.
They usually meet somewhere in the middle as a compromise apart from the one's where we're blown out of the water from finding how much they're actually on.
Meanwhile Stoke City have posted a £26M loss in accounts to March 2022.
Eyewatering loss but looks like a big reduction from previous years.

Brin
06-01-2023, 09:37 PM
No Brin, I didn't see you mention £18k a week re BNC - Ars3nal.
I would be guessing and taking a speculative guess at any players wages per week.
If you want me to guess I will, - BNC £16k at Ars3nal - £8k with us.
Peltier on a 12month contract won't have come cheap neither will Eaves.
I'm not fussed what players earn at RUFC - it's a job. If a player can screw more cash from a club then good luck. If the club can screw the players agent and end up paying less then all well and good.
They usually meet somewhere in the middle as a compromise apart from the one's where we're blown out of the water from finding how much they're actually on.

A.rsenal rate BNC very highly indeed. They recently turned down a whopping £4 Million bid from Southampton for his services.

sota
07-01-2023, 01:19 AM
I look forward to following this young fella's career. That keeper we had on loan did quite well.

pip_y
07-01-2023, 09:49 AM
I look forward to following this young fella's career. That keeper we had on loan did quite well.

Same can’t be said for Mark Randall though. Wenger thought he was the bees knees. All down hill now at Larne.

pip_y
07-01-2023, 09:54 AM

I thought the FPR say maximum £35m loss in 3 years. If 26m is a big reduction from previous years they must be due a points reduction.

millertop
07-01-2023, 09:58 AM
Coventry have just come out (3 days before Xmas) of their embargo which is surprising seeing that the rumours still say they’ve no money and might not have a ground to play on next season

Godsend.F.C.
07-01-2023, 11:12 AM
I thought the FPR say maximum £35m loss in 3 years. If 26m is a big reduction from previous years they must be due a points reduction.

If you can understand the rules and regulations please explain them to me.
It used to be £39m over 3 years, it may have altered. It's called Profit & Sustainability in the Championship. They gave clubs a lot of leeway due to covid. A wealthy owner used to be able to offset losses by putting in equity but not loans.
Parachute payments are about to be altered slightly and Premier payments will be paid on merit. Higher up the championship the more clubs gets.
Not certain but I don't think its been signed off by championship club. Finer details to check beforehand.

Godsend.F.C.
07-01-2023, 11:14 AM
Coventry have just come out (3 days before Xmas) of their embargo which is surprising seeing that the rumours still say they’ve no money and might not have a ground to play on next season

Thought Coventry were being taken over by a new owner. Yet to be completed is the way I understood it.

Grist_To_The_Mill
07-01-2023, 12:12 PM
Thought Coventry were being taken over by a new owner. Yet to be completed is the way I understood it.

As of 16th November

" SISU Capital Ltd, the owners of Coventry City Football Club, has agreed – subject to EFL approval – to sell a majority stake in the football club to local businessman, Doug King, who will take an 85% share.

The deal will involve clearing all of the Club’s current debts, leaving it debt free"