PDA

View Full Version : Internal Problems in the Club

Ericsladkilnhurst
06-01-2023, 08:12 PM
We have had posts in different threads relating to what might be happening behind the scenes
at the club.
We have two threads running, " Can't Compete or Won't compete ", & " Have We Signed Anyone Yet ".
We have different posts regarding Matt Taylor, in his team selection & whether he is the right man
for the job, plus he must be given time, because its not his team he's fetched in.

I now post what I have been told.
Nearly 2 weeks ago a reliable source told me that the team did not like the managers methods, & were
not playing for him.
Where it come from he could not say, because someone could lose their job.
About 6 days ago a close relative told me the same thing, again the source could lose their job.
But I know both stories have come from two different sources.

I have held back from writing the thread, but I decided to do it, I thought as a fan, other fans should
know what I have been told.

Citizen Erased
06-01-2023, 08:23 PM
Spoke with a friend coming back from Millwall that Wood in particular is unhappy with Taylor and its been discussed directly with the Chairman.

Trouble at mill.

gru
06-01-2023, 08:32 PM
Players are previous managers boys! He's gone. Take us down then ok for contract rebels they'll find another club rest will take a pay cut.

MillersTime
06-01-2023, 08:36 PM
We are losing too many games at the moment and people inevitably turn to find a scapegoat.

Sometimes MT has been at fault more than others.
Sometimes players have been at fault more than others.
Our injury list is one heck of an issue.
Our lack of forward line generally / butchered by injuries is killing us.
Sometimes we just aren't good enough.

We need to stop trying to find a scapegoat and see the bigger picture. Everyone has, at one stage or another, been at fault for costing us points. Such is the game, people make errors. The manager, the old manager, the recruitment team, the chairman, the players we don't rate, the players we think are amazing. Everyone. Get over it, work together, and lets stop trying to throw someone under the bus.

gru
06-01-2023, 08:37 PM
Spoke with a friend coming back from Millwall that Wood in particular is unhappy with Taylor and its been discussed directly with the Chairman.

Trouble at mill.

Wood will.be unhappy his benefactor previous manager he's gone!

PokerMillersSwinton
06-01-2023, 08:40 PM

Trouble at mill.

Wood isn't the manager and is paid to play not snitch behind the managers back . Some of these players will be gone anyways wood is a liability and we are weaker with him in the side. Taylor has a massive rebuilding job thanks to Warne (OR Stewart) leaving us with a weak squad, then he has the added problem of half the team going down with injuries .These next 3 weeks are ****ing huge 6 in at a minimum 2 strikers at least sell Ogbene and get in a finisher not a winger who fancies himself as a striker

crashbang
06-01-2023, 08:40 PM
We have had posts in different threads relating to what might be happening behind the scenes
at the club.
We have two threads running, " Can't Compete or Won't compete ", & " Have We Signed Anyone Yet ".
We have different posts regarding Matt Taylor, in his team selection & whether he is the right man
for the job, plus he must be given time, because its not his team he's fetched in.

I now post what I have been told.
Nearly 2 weeks ago a reliable source told me that the team did not like the managers methods, & were
not playing for him.
Where it come from he could not say, because someone could lose their job.
About 6 days ago a close relative told me the same thing, again the source could lose their job.
But I know both stories have come from two different sources.

I have held back from writing the thread, but I decided to do it, I thought as a fan, other fans should
know what I have been told.

Chinese whispers,

crashbang
06-01-2023, 08:43 PM
A friend of my uncles daughter told me Taylor has to courtesy when meeting big Tony.

sota
06-01-2023, 08:44 PM
We are losing too many games at the moment and people inevitably turn to find a scapegoat.

We need to stop trying to find a scapegoat and see the bigger picture. Everyone has, at one stage or another, been at fault for costing us points. Such is the game, people make errors. The manager, the old manager, the recruitment team, the chairman, the players we don't rate, the players we think are amazing. Everyone. Get over it, work together, and lets stop trying to throw someone under the bus.

Great post.

mellowmiller
06-01-2023, 08:50 PM
Wood isn't the manager and is paid to play not snitch behind the managers back . Some of these players will be gone anyways wood is a liability and we are weaker with him in the side. Taylor has a massive rebuilding job thanks to Warne (OR Stewart) leaving us with a weak squad, then he has the added problem of half the team going down with injuries .These next 3 weeks are ****ing huge 6 in at a minimum 2 strikers at least sell Ogbene and get in a finisher not a winger who fancies himself as a striker

........and then you woke up 😉

Lolmorgan
06-01-2023, 08:53 PM
ELK tha like an old washer woman at times. XD

mellowmiller
06-01-2023, 08:55 PM
You probably knew you would get some abuse when you posted this Ericslad but, all I would say is, if there is any truth in it, then TS is highly unlikely to push the boat out in this transfer window.
Time will tell.

Lolmorgan
06-01-2023, 09:03 PM
You probably knew you would get some abuse when you posted this Ericslad but, all I would say is, if there is any truth in it, then TS is highly unlikely to push the boat out in this transfer window.
Time will tell.
Well that would be a good excuse for T/S not to spend owt.How many people on here worked for a manager & didn’t like him but if you are getting paid you just got on with it or fecked off.

poddington
06-01-2023, 09:03 PM
A friend of my uncles daughter told me Taylor has to courtesy when meeting big Tony.

:blue:

Ericsladkilnhurst
06-01-2023, 09:04 PM
Time will tell.

I expected it mate, but when it comes from the horses mouth direct to my son, I believe it.
Make of it what each individual believes, but there no made up verse in my post, otherwise
I would have not posted it.

Lolmorgan
06-01-2023, 09:10 PM
I expected it mate, but when it comes from the horses mouth direct to my son, I believe it.
Make of it what each individual believes, but there no made up verse in my post, otherwise

Hope it’s not one of grus horses.XD

Grist_To_The_Mill
06-01-2023, 09:10 PM
As they say “ nature abhors a vacuum”

Same with football clubs, in the absence of official news folks will invent news of their own.

To be honest I would be more surprised if there was no skullduggery going off at the club, that’s what football’s like.

Brin
06-01-2023, 09:11 PM
Hope it’s not one of grus horses.XD

Neigh lad neigh.....

I'll get mi coat.

Grist_To_The_Mill
06-01-2023, 09:12 PM
I never realised that Mr Ed actually worked at the club.

mellowmiller
06-01-2023, 09:14 PM
Well that would be a good excuse for T/S not to spend owt.How many people on here worked for a manager & didn’t like him but if you are getting paid you just got on with it or fecked off.

Unfortunately football isn't as straightforward as that. Players ("the workforce") have the power.

mellowmiller
06-01-2023, 09:16 PM

You should get your son on here, he could be Ericsladslad 🙂

mellowmiller
06-01-2023, 09:16 PM

Yes I noticed that too 🙂

Ericsladkilnhurst
06-01-2023, 09:17 PM
Unfortunately football isn't as straightforward as that. Players ("the workforce") have the power.

The players more or less decide if a manager keeps their job, lose a lot, then the managers history.

Lolmorgan
06-01-2023, 09:18 PM
Why would this said person tell your son ELK.

Ericsladkilnhurst
06-01-2023, 09:21 PM
You should get your son on here, he could be Ericsladslad 

I must admit, I liked that one, Grist will be mad that he didn't get in first with your post. ;D

Nardendee
06-01-2023, 09:22 PM
It would be plausible but Viking signed his new contract and watching his interview he indicated that the Manager is trying to change the way we play, but he has clearly bought into it.

Maybe others don’t like it but a goalkeeper with the ability of Viktor would not sign a new deal if things were off. As one of the best goalkeepers outside of the Prem he would have many suitors so the fact that he is staying is massive.

I think we have to trust this Manager

Ericsladkilnhurst
06-01-2023, 09:22 PM
Why would this said person tell your son ELK.

Sorry can not say, like I said could cost someone their job.

crashbang
06-01-2023, 09:25 PM

If you can't verify it, why post it

Scum-Triumphant
06-01-2023, 09:25 PM
The baron told the baroness that if she left the castle there would be consequences.

Whose fault is it that she died?

Brin
06-01-2023, 09:26 PM

ELK, I get your point. You're damned if you do damned if you don't. Keep your source to yourself pal. As they say, there's no smoke without fire. Things have gone oh so wrong since Taylor's arrival and I'm not just talking injuries. Formations for a start.

Please don't anyone throw the Stoke and Sheff Utd results at me.....Stoke battered us I was there and it should have been 6-1 as for Sheff Utd, we caught them on a bad night, where are they now and what have they won since we beat them, whereas what have we won since then?

Lolmorgan
06-01-2023, 09:26 PM

Well in that case they should keep their fecking mouth shut.

Ericsladkilnhurst
06-01-2023, 09:27 PM

Sorry crash, you won't draw it out of me.

crashbang
06-01-2023, 09:34 PM
The baron told the baroness that if she left the castle there would be consequences.

Whose fault is it that she died?

The madman.

crashbang
06-01-2023, 09:37 PM
The madman.

Or her fault she had no cash.

mellowmiller
06-01-2023, 09:39 PM

Perhaps he should have the courtesy to curtsey.....😉

millertop
06-01-2023, 10:24 PM
I’d be surprised by Woody tbh.

If the person is afraid of losing his job then maybe he/she needs to stop spreading things like this about that could cause problems for the club.

caytonmiller
06-01-2023, 10:29 PM
ELK, I get your point. You're damned if you do damned if you don't. Keep your source to yourself pal. As they say, there's no smoke without fire. Things have gone oh so wrong since Taylor's arrival and I'm not just talking injuries. Formations for a start.

Please don't anyone throw the Stoke and Sheff Utd results at me.....Stoke battered us I was there and it should have been 6-1 as for Sheff Utd, we caught them on a bad night, where are they now and what have they won since we beat them, whereas what have we won since then?

As well as not throwing the sheff u and stoke games
don't throw the Luton, stoke away, if your refering to home game. Burnley, Huddersfield. Ow and Coventry away. Prob Millwall at home and Norwich.
Taylor's sides have gone toe to toe with some big spending and established teams in the championship. You don't do that if you loose the team.

Even if it's true. Poor timing from someone inside the club

Brin
06-01-2023, 11:08 PM
As well as not throwing the sheff u and stoke games
don't throw the Luton, stoke away, if your refering to home game. Burnley, Huddersfield. Ow and Coventry away. Prob Millwall at home and Norwich.
Taylor's sides have gone toe to toe with some big spending and established teams in the championship. You don't do that if you loose the team.

Even if it's true. Poor timing from someone inside the club

I’ve cleared my inbox fella.

NYSRich
06-01-2023, 11:08 PM
Who is your source, Danielle Reyna?

Seriously, why post this today of all days, when there has finally been some good news? Maybe stop ****-stirring and get behind the club?

caytonmiller
06-01-2023, 11:09 PM
I’ve cleared my inbox fella.
I've sent you a message m8

Grist_To_The_Mill
06-01-2023, 11:35 PM

Seriously, why post this today of all days, when there has finally been some good news? Maybe stop ****-stirring and get behind the club?

But is it **** stirring if true?

sota
07-01-2023, 01:06 AM
Let's give the bloke a chance. The only fault I've found in him so far is saying ''in terms of" a bit too much. Is it the latest fashionable saying like "of late" ? ha ha ha

Derbymiller
07-01-2023, 08:40 AM
If this is true it explains a lot there is clearly an issue whether this is between the club and MT (and his team), the players and MT or both, something isn't right. For gods sake we cant even sign our own players or keep the loans we have, at least Viktor has shown some loyalty. All of this could be avoided if TS would come out of his bunker and speak up and support his new management team verbally and in the transfer market, but he is still walking around wembley taking the applause or sticking pins in his PW and Smith dolls. Let us look at the Scott High issue, MT states in an interview that High has returned to his parent club at both the players and the clubs request. Huddersfield this week say they wont be drawn on whether he has been recalled. Doesnt that smell to you lot, at least of a cock-up if nothing else. For a loan to end then paperwork will have to be issued, to trigger the termination clause. Now someone at Rotherham United has told MT that clause has been triggered, why would you do that if it isn't true? Incompetence, well if it is in the hands of the recruitment team that is worrying or is that clown Douglas involved again. Of course all of what is rumoured could be a conspiracy theory and the senior players and the board could all be round MTs house for afternoon tea, enjoying a piece of Battenberg, only time will tell.
For me MT and his team deserve time, they have long contracts that will cost us money we do not have to be kicked out, they need to be backed in January and the Summer transfer windows (we don't even have a full squad available) and the club needs to say something. If there are players that don't like him, get shut, if Wood wants to rule the roost let him do that somewhere else, Rotherham United is more important than any player. Kick any bad apples out keep the ones loyal to MT and build from there. It is no surprise that there is fall out from PWs demise he was here a long time and moulded the club in his image, he was protected through 3 relegations and brought us some great success in League 1 and at Wembley, the players are mostly young men that have only known RUFC as a PW club, some will fight change and some will embrace, but change is inevitable. Back your manager Mr Stewart and act as a leader

Ronners
07-01-2023, 09:18 AM
If this is true it explains a lot there is clearly an issue whether this is between the club and MT (and his team), the players and MT or both, something isn't right. For gods sake we cant even sign our own players or keep the loans we have, at least Viktor has shown some loyalty. All of this could be avoided if TS would come out of his bunker and speak up and support his new management team verbally and in the transfer market, but he is still walking around wembley taking the applause or sticking pins in his PW and Smith dolls. Let us look at the Scott High issue, MT states in an interview that High has returned to his parent club at both the players and the clubs request. Huddersfield this week say they wont be drawn on whether he has been recalled. Doesnt that smell to you lot, at least of a cock-up if nothing else. For a loan to end then paperwork will have to be issued, to trigger the termination clause. Now someone at Rotherham United has told MT that clause has been triggered, why would you do that if it isn't true? Incompetence, well if it is in the hands of the recruitment team that is worrying or is that clown Douglas involved again. Of course all of what is rumoured could be a conspiracy theory and the senior players and the board could all be round MTs house for afternoon tea, enjoying a piece of Battenberg, only time will tell.
For me MT and his team deserve time, they have long contracts that will cost us money we do not have to be kicked out, they need to be backed in January and the Summer transfer windows (we don't even have a full squad available) and the club needs to say something. If there are players that don't like him, get shut, if Wood wants to rule the roost let him do that somewhere else, Rotherham United is more important than any player. Kick any bad apples out keep the ones loyal to MT and build from there. It is no surprise that there is fall out from PWs demise he was here a long time and moulded the club in his image, he was protected through 3 relegations and brought us some great success in League 1 and at Wembley, the players are mostly young men that have only known RUFC as a PW club, some will fight change and some will embrace, but change is inevitable. Back your manager Mr Stewart and act as a leader

I'm 100% with you about backing the manager Derby UTM

millertop
07-01-2023, 09:31 AM
Have you ever thought that it might the the idiotic fans that make players want to move on?

MillerBill
07-01-2023, 10:07 AM
[QUOTE=Derbymiller;40187322]If this is true it explains a lot there is clearly an issue whether this is between the club and MT (and his team), the players and MT or both, something isn't right. For gods sake we cant even sign our own players or keep the loans we have, at least Viktor has shown some loyalty. All of this could be avoided if TS would come out of his bunker and speak up and support his new management team verbally and in the transfer market, but he is still walking around wembley taking the applause or sticking pins in his PW and Smith dolls. Let us look at the Scott High issue, MT states in an interview that High has returned to his parent club at both the players and the clubs request. Huddersfield this week say they wont be drawn on whether he has been recalled. Doesnt that smell to you lot, at least of a cock-up if nothing else. For a loan to end then paperwork will have to be issued, to trigger the termination clause. Now someone at Rotherham United has told MT that clause has been triggered, why would you do that if it isn't true? Incompetence, well if it is in the hands of the recruitment team that is worrying or is that clown Douglas involved again. Of course all of what is rumoured could be a conspiracy theory and the senior players and the board could all be round MTs house for afternoon tea, enjoying a piece of Battenberg, only time will tell.
For me MT and his team deserve time, they have long contracts that will cost us money we do not have to be kicked out, they need to be backed in January and the Summer transfer windows (we don't even have a full squad available) and the club needs to say something. If there are players that don't like him, get shut, if Wood wants to rule the roost let him do that somewhere else, Rotherham United is more important than any player. Kick any bad apples out keep the ones loyal to MT and build from there. It is no surprise that there is fall out from PWs demise he was here a long time and moulded the club in his image, he was protected through 3 relegations and brought us some great success in League 1 and at Wembley, the players are mostly young men that have only known RUFC as a PW club, some will fight change and some will embrace, but change is inevitable. Back your manager Mr Stewart and act as a leader[/Q
Entirely agree with all that.The chairman appointed MT and must back him ASAP.We have by far the smallest squad and will struggle to fill the bench today.

gru
07-01-2023, 10:37 AM
I'm with Matty Taylor. Just show whose boss. You've given them all a chance time now to go with players you think are up to it. Strengthen were needed.

Townerslovechild
07-01-2023, 10:48 AM
Like everyone else on here I've no idea what goes on inside the club ,unlike some people on here I don't pretend otherwise.
However ELK seems a straight sort of guy,so maybe he's telling the truth.
One of the problems Taylor will have is that Warne built an incredibly tight bunch of players, who won have died for him.
Warne realised a long ago that an incredible team spirit, and immense hard work was the only way we can compete with better players, this is why people like Wood were/are so important to the club,its not always about what they do on the pitch.
So maybe Taylor has broken some of this tightness in the group, this is probably inevitable when a new manager comes in,this could maybe explain the alarming slump since the world Cup break.
During the break he had 3 weeks to work with the players properly, this seems to have made things worse !
I believe he should be given until the end of the season, regardless of where we are in the league.

millers88
07-01-2023, 10:59 AM
If that is true which I don't believe it is then the players need to get a grip and get on with things. If Wood is unhappy it's because he knows it's gonna be his last season because it's not Warne at the helm giving contracts out to his mates anymore when they're clearly not good enough for championship.

fivetide
07-01-2023, 11:36 AM
Changing the manager sometimes works - look at Newcastle.

Sometimes though, it doesn't have an immediate pay off. Not long ago Arteta was looking at the sack. Bounced Aubamayang out of the clubs, made his signings, had a full pre-season with his players that want to be there and romping the league.

Sometimes slow and steady wins the race.

millertop
07-01-2023, 01:07 PM
I don’t think Eric is getting blamed or ****stirring

Grist_To_The_Mill
07-01-2023, 01:19 PM
I don’t think Eric is getting blamed or ****stirring

No neither do I, he’s one of the most honest posters on this site and he’s usually spot on with his comments and observations

thaimillerfan
07-01-2023, 02:06 PM
Why do we still have to read how well Warne is doing when we search Rotherham United fc on Internet. I agree things don't look good for the Millers by keeping the same players as warne signed for us, then again what do we expect. Warne couldn't get the players he went for .so apart from the odd tryer, barlaser,rathbone, Wiles, Johanson Who is there? Matt is a proven manager taking Exeter up to The first division give the guy a chance Sorry I still think TS is a tight Arse .

Ericsladkilnhurst
07-01-2023, 03:58 PM

Trouble at mill.

If this statement is true, then surely Wood has approached Tony Stewart the chairman on behalf of the team, he's the
captain & if the team is unhappy with the managers methods, he would have surely gone to Taylor the manager
first, then if unhappy with the response from the manager, would have then gone to the Chairman.

Grist_To_The_Mill
07-01-2023, 04:09 PM
If this statement is true, then surely Wood has approached Tony Stewart the chairman on behalf of the team, he's the
captain & if the team is unhappy with the managers methods, he would have surely gone to Taylor the manager
first, then if unhappy with the response from the manager, would have then gone to the Chairman.

I wonder how many of the squad are actively “ messaging” Paul Warne?

Ericsladkilnhurst
07-01-2023, 04:15 PM

I have been behind the Millers since the age of nine, myself & my family worked for years for the club, bringing
a lot of money into the Millers coffers, while my father was one of the original people who set up the Rotherham
United Supporters club.
So please do not accuse me of **** stirring.

Do you know the word Anonymity.
I am using this to protect the source of my information, anonymity allowed the person to share with my son the
post I did.
I have no reason to lie regarding my post, be it another person told me the same around a week before from
another source.

CAMiller
07-01-2023, 04:24 PM
I have been behind the Millers since the age of nine, myself & my family worked for years for the club, bringing
a lot of money into the Millers coffers, while my father was one of the original people who set up the Rotherham
United Supporters club.
So please do not accuse me of **** stirring.

Do you know the word Anonymity.
I am using this to protect the source of my information, anonymity allowed the person to share with my son the
post I did.
I have no reason to lie regarding my post, be it another person told me the same around a week before from
another source.

Just my point of view ELK. On my recent trip back there I learned many things about what's been going on at RUFC these past couple of years from someone I know who is very close to the club. I have no reason to doubt their word but I also have no inclination to post what they told me on here.

CHAPELMILLER
07-01-2023, 04:38 PM
Loose lips sink ships!

Citizen Erased
07-01-2023, 05:07 PM

Yep, thats exactly what has happened by the account I was given. No reason to doubt it either. Atmosphere will be on the floor today.

Warne wasn't given much backing outside of league one, but we are worse now than we've been for 5 years.

The manager will be backed until he isn't worth backing and sadly I suspect he's heading towards a February exit.

Derbymiller
07-01-2023, 05:11 PM
Just my point of view ELK. On my recent trip back there I learned many things about what's been going on at RUFC these past couple of years from someone I know who is very close to the club. I have no reason to doubt their word but I also have no inclination to post what they told me on here.

Why wouldn't you share what you know with other Rotherham fans? Is it knowledge is power?

mellowmiller
07-01-2023, 05:16 PM
Loose lips sink ships!

Ours is already sunk.......but......knowledge is power.

Wiltsmiller
07-01-2023, 05:19 PM

Well said. What a sensible post.

Nardendee
07-01-2023, 05:25 PM
Gone from euphoria at the end of last season to the feeling I had when we first got relegated to the 4th Division in 1973.

That can’t be right. Something ain’t right quite clearly and I am speaking without any knowledge of any inside information.

This is how you are making me feel tonight ROTHERHAM UNITED.
If I could transfer to another club I would. Those hardy folk who travel week in week out to follow this club deserve medals and refunding.

CAMiller
07-01-2023, 05:30 PM
Why wouldn't you share what you know with other Rotherham fans? Is it knowledge is power?

I think the better question is why would I? I'm not a ****ing 14 year old girl.

Nardendee
07-01-2023, 05:31 PM
Well said. What a sensible post.

It is a good post but I cannot help how I feel.

great_fire
07-01-2023, 05:41 PM

Doesn't the CEO come between those two?

EDIT: COO in our case i.e. Paul Douglas.

mellowmiller
07-01-2023, 05:43 PM

That's a strange comment CAM.
It looks like a bit of a dig at anyone who posts "what they have heard" on a message board for supporters of the club.
Obviously the Wordle thread is much more informative 😉

Wiltsmiller
07-01-2023, 05:44 PM
It is a good post but I cannot help how I feel.

Not a dig at you Nardendee. I also feel quite devastated and cheesed off just listening to commentary. Can't imagine how I would feel if I had travelled and suffered the cold and wet to attend. Well done those who did!

CAMiller
07-01-2023, 05:47 PM
That's a strange comment CAM.
It looks like a bit of a dig at anyone who posts "what they have heard" on a message board for supporters of the club.
Obviously the Wordle thread is much more informative 😉

Point taken but they were opinions of someone close to the club about things that have happened. He knows this board exists so is free to post his opinions on here if he wishes to do so, he doesn't need me to post them for him.

PokerMillersSwinton
07-01-2023, 05:55 PM
Douglas is one of the problems he is a relic from the past era and is in TS pocket . His job that he does very well is to make a profit every season . Barlaser and Ogbene will be off next week and we will see loans as replacements sending us down without a squad for next season . This team needs 4 mill throwing at it and i think we are good enough to stop up next season .TS will get 8 mill back from another season in the champ + All the add ons ,you have to invest a bit to get some back for me TS has to sell some shares get a couple of people in who will through the cash in to help

Godsend.F.C.
07-01-2023, 06:03 PM
Douglas is one of the problems he is a relic from the past era and is in TS pocket . His job that he does very well is to make a profit every season . Barlaser and Ogbene will be off next week and we will see loans as replacements sending us down without a squad for next season . This team needs 4 mill throwing at it and i think we are good enough to stop up next season .TS will get 8 mill back from another season in the champ + All the add ons ,you have to invest a bit to get some back for me TS has to sell some shares get a couple of people in who will through the cash in to help

Past history says he's not going to do it.
On the 'twittersphere' recently that someone was thinking about taking a banner to the Blackburn game with STEWART OUT on it.
Has it got as bad as going down that route.

PokerMillersSwinton
07-01-2023, 06:28 PM
On the 'twittersphere' recently that someone was thinking about taking a banner to the Blackburn game with STEWART OUT on it.

For me its not as bad as that yet but people are getting fed up with "but he saved our club line" Personally there will be divided opinions like there was with Warne . Not Sure if its the way he got his fingers burned with Blackstock and the like but he has certainly tightened things up ALOT. Today was Embarrassing i see no improvement but you have to give him a transfer window at least .

millertop
07-01-2023, 06:54 PM

Come on Cam you should know by now what response you’d get ;D

Timbertop
07-01-2023, 07:03 PM
Just got a gut feeling the chairman is looking to sell up. Was told at Huddersfield a Scandinavian consortium have been interested for some time. We'll see after Barlaser has gone to Middlesbrough and Ogbene follows him somewhere if Taylor is allowed to spend anything.Alternatively Stewart might be bringing Warnock back to fire fight.Got to feel a bit sorry for our manager but is he a spit the dummy out type who's character is alienating our super soft players ?

Ericsladkilnhurst
07-01-2023, 07:04 PM

Ditto CAMiller on what I have been told, but like you say freedom of speech on the MM board, so I decided to post
what I was told.
My son told me what a certain person said from NYS, my son does not lie.
Everyone wants Rotherham United do well, but if things are not right in the club, then it wants sorting out, otherwise
the club will spiral down.

Derbymiller
07-01-2023, 07:12 PM

Really, well "I know something you don't know" sounds a lot like a 14 year old girl to me

CAMiller
07-01-2023, 07:16 PM
Really, well "I know something you don't know" sounds a lot like a 14 year old girl to me

Check back. I never said "I know something you don't know". In fact, looking at the first paragraph of your latest post on the Post Match Thread you could have been the person I was talking to XD

Derbymiller
07-01-2023, 07:24 PM
Check back. I never said "I know something you don't know".

No but that is how it could be interrupted, if you know something why wouldn't you want to share it with other fans that are suffering too? that is my only point, if you have no intention of telling us, why even mention it?

Not going to go on about it, just a little annoyed at the moment in the way the club is being run, so lashing out a bit at you, no offence is intended, have a nice evening

Geetarman
07-01-2023, 07:26 PM
Is that how you interrupted it?

CAMiller
07-01-2023, 07:33 PM
No but that is how it could be interrupted, if you know something why wouldn't you want to share it with other fans that are suffering too? that is my only point, if you have no intention of telling us, why even mention it?

Not going to go on about it, just a little annoyed at the moment in the way the club is being run, so lashing out a bit at you, no offence is intended, have a nice evening

I wasn't trying to make the point of I know something you don't. I was trying to make the point that not everyone necessarily feels the need to post everything they hear on here. What I heard was more related to events of the past 10-15 years (so chip paper news) rather than what's happening here and now.

Considering today's events you have the advantage of it being evening. Unfortunately it's not even midday here and I've got another 12 hours of hurt XD

The Hillsborough Miller
07-01-2023, 08:53 PM
correct me if im wrong but arne barlaser and ogbene cup tied as well

Yak
07-01-2023, 08:56 PM
Amazing how many people know someone in the club feeding them information. Didn’t know we had that many people working for the club. I thought we are skint 😂😂😂

caytonmiller
07-01-2023, 09:19 PM
Amazing how many people know someone in the club feeding them information. Didn’t know we had that many people working for the club. I thought we are skint 😂😂😂

Doris has a big mouth

crashbang
07-01-2023, 09:23 PM
I thought I was getting inside imfo of Douglas Paul. Wrong one

mellowmiller
07-01-2023, 09:31 PM

Excluding the board of directors I think we have at least 41 non-playing staff which is quite a lot.

Grist_To_The_Mill
07-01-2023, 09:43 PM
Doris has a big mouth

Always spouting off

sota
07-01-2023, 09:49 PM

Well I hope someone rolls it up and shoves it right up his ‘arris.

Godsend.F.C.
07-01-2023, 09:58 PM

Not skint - just want value for money..

Godsend.F.C.
07-01-2023, 10:11 PM
Excluding the board of directors I think we have at least 41 non-playing staff which is quite a lot.

Can any of the 41 non-playing staff play centre-forward or centre - back.?
Excluding Doris of course.

Timbertop
07-01-2023, 10:18 PM
Liam Neeson looking to follow Ryan Reynolds and buy an English club. Hasn't he been linked to us before ?

Ericsladkilnhurst
07-01-2023, 10:22 PM
Liam Neeson looking to follow Ryan Reynolds and buy an English club. Hasn't he been linked to us before ?

Well he been in a few films called " Taken ", & we certainly were today by Ipswich Town.

Brin
07-01-2023, 10:29 PM
Well he been in a few films called " Taken ", & we certainly were today by Ipswich Town.

🤣 🤣

CAMiller
07-01-2023, 10:55 PM

A few players would be expecting the old "I will find you and....." phone calls from Liam Neeson after today's display. XD

sota
08-01-2023, 05:33 AM
Funnily enough our daughter was in the same class as the son he had with his late wife Natasha. The bloke's not had the best of luck, no wonder he's always angry.

Grist_To_The_Mill
08-01-2023, 11:09 AM

Well, if he were to see the transfer targets we have in mind he will be thinking "Swindlers List"

mygiddypant
08-01-2023, 11:12 AM
Well, if he were to see the transfer targets we have in mind he will be thinking "Swindlers List"

vg

CHAPELMILLER
09-01-2023, 09:40 AM
Interesting view from one supporter who's written into the advertiser.

PAUL Warne left the Millers with a poor squad. He was good in League One but didn’t have the tactical know-how for the Championship and played in a style that wasn’t good enough.

He also knew the investment wasn’t forthcoming from Tony Stewart to keep the club up. Hence him leaving and the poor squad, with no real strikers, that we now have.

The truth is that Taylor must either keep them up and then be afforded the means to buy players to change the style or be allowed a relegation and to build again with players capable of playing modern flowing football.

A lot of fans have got the knives out for Matt Taylor, but many are rightly laying the blame for the current form at the doors of Paul Warne, Tony Stewart and the current players, many of who are simply not good enough to play in the way the new manager wants them to. After all, they have been coached in whacking the ball up to a big striker and hoping for the best for the past six years. They know no other way.

Unfortunately for Mr Taylor, the ones who are capable of playing a quick passing game, the sort that would enable Championship survival, don’t want to be here (Barlaser, Ogbene) or are injured and possibly don’t want to be here either (Wiles).

It leaves the club and Matt Taylor in a state of limbo, but he must be given at least a couple of transfer windows to put this right, which means off-loading mis-firing strikers and defenders who are too old and not comfortable on the ball, and bringing in players that suit his style.

I know it was in a lower league, but he had considerable success at Exeter City with the policy he and his backroom staff employed and I would imagine that was what attracted the board to appoint him.

I would imagine too that in any interview he had he would have pointed out the shortcomings of the squad and told those in the room about his ideas for the way he wanted the Millers to play.

It’s not always the manager’s fault and if I was pointing any gun it would not be in the direction of Matt Taylor

millertop
09-01-2023, 10:00 AM

PAUL Warne left the Millers with a poor squad. He was good in League One but didn’t have the tactical know-how for the Championship and played in a style that wasn’t good enough.

He also knew the investment wasn’t forthcoming from Tony Stewart to keep the club up. Hence him leaving and the poor squad, with no real strikers, that we now have.

The truth is that Taylor must either keep them up and then be afforded the means to buy players to change the style or be allowed a relegation and to build again with players capable of playing modern flowing football.

A lot of fans have got the knives out for Matt Taylor, but many are rightly laying the blame for the current form at the doors of Paul Warne, Tony Stewart and the current players, many of who are simply not good enough to play in the way the new manager wants them to. After all, they have been coached in whacking the ball up to a big striker and hoping for the best for the past six years. They know no other way.

Unfortunately for Mr Taylor, the ones who are capable of playing a quick passing game, the sort that would enable Championship survival, don’t want to be here (Barlaser, Ogbene) or are injured and possibly don’t want to be here either (Wiles).

It leaves the club and Matt Taylor in a state of limbo, but he must be given at least a couple of transfer windows to put this right, which means off-loading mis-firing strikers and defenders who are too old and not comfortable on the ball, and bringing in players that suit his style.

I know it was in a lower league, but he had considerable success at Exeter City with the policy he and his backroom staff employed and I would imagine that was what attracted the board to appoint him.

I would imagine too that in any interview he had he would have pointed out the shortcomings of the squad and told those in the room about his ideas for the way he wanted the Millers to play.

It’s not always the manager’s fault and if I was pointing any gun it would not be in the direction of Matt Taylor

That’s a good piece but he might aswell point the gun at himself with some of our fans ;D idiots

CAMiller
09-01-2023, 03:54 PM

I thought the manager had his own column in the Advertiser so not sure why he feels the need to write letters to them as well? XD

Townerslovechild
09-01-2023, 04:09 PM
I`m fairly sure these "crap" players got us to 8th in the league when Warne left,wasn`t that the best ever start to a championship season ?

Nardendee
09-01-2023, 04:09 PM
Thanks for sharing that ChapelMiller and totally agree with it.
Was fed up but things can only get better. Let’s get behind him.

sawmiller
09-01-2023, 04:53 PM
Always spouting off

So long as Doris isn’t off her trolley

ragingpup
10-01-2023, 09:11 AM

Agree with much of that but not that it's right to blame Warne. Warne had to work within a tight budget based on our income (that let's face it none of us know the full detail of, but I trust Stewart not to cheat us) and built an ethos and squad that he felt had the most chance of working successfully in L1 with that budget. Time will tell to what he changes with greater resources at Derby - if he succeeds in keepoing Derby in the Champ and in the top half (anything less will see their fans after him!) then we can conclude that he is a good manager. If he fails, with greater resources, then those who say he is limited will have justification for that view. Only time will tell.

And yes, MT has to be given time, to go down and rebuild if necessary. But I'm not sure I agree that we shouldn't question the wisdom of arriving mid season at a club that has a way of playing carefully built up over years, a squad with some good strengths but def limitations and then quickly try and get those players to play in a way that exposes their weaknesses and doesn't utilise their strengths is certainly not the way I would have advised a manager to do it! As already said on here, he didn't have to make the changes so quickly, I think you firstly have to play to the strengths in your playing staff and then slowly start to make steady changes so you don't bomb!

howdydoo
10-01-2023, 09:24 AM
Agree with much of that but not that it's right to blame Warne. Warne had to work within a tight budget based on our income (that let's face it none of us know the full detail of, but I trust Stewart not to cheat us) and built an ethos and squad that he felt had the most chance of working successfully in L1 with that budget. Time will tell to what he changes with greater resources at Derby - if he succeeds in keepoing Derby in the Champ and in the top half (anything less will see their fans after him!) then we can conclude that he is a good manager. If he fails, with greater resources, then those who say he is limited will have justification for that view. Only time will tell.

And yes, MT has to be given time, to go down and rebuild if necessary. But I'm not sure I agree that we shouldn't question the wisdom of arriving mid season at a club that has a way of playing carefully built up over years, a squad with some good strengths but def limitations and then quickly try and get those players to play in a way that exposes their weaknesses and doesn't utilise their strengths is certainly not the way I would have advised a manager to do it! As already said on here, he didn't have to make the changes so quickly, I think you firstly have to play to the strengths in your playing staff and then slowly start to make steady changes so you don't bomb!

Fackinell, ............. shock, horror.

Raging talks sense.

If only for a day.......

Derbymiller
10-01-2023, 09:32 AM

But MT has said that he wants to play a more direct style but he can't, because such a style requires a target man to lead the line and hold up the ball. This then allows for the high press, we are having to sit deep because we have NOTHING up front, the vast majority of us said that we had to get another forward in, especially when our reserve was sent out on loan, PW said he needed another forward, we lost out on the Watford lad at the last moment, I still think rumours about PW looking elsewhere were known and this impacted our ability to get some players in (agents talk!!), the bottom line is we didn't get that cover and we are suffering because of it. I do not blame PW totally for that I think the club should have dealt with it, if we can see it then so can the so called experts running the club and the recruitment team. many other clubs bring in players and the manager gets involved by stating his desires and at the end, for me the club failed to recruit key players, For example peltier and high were wasted wages and the money could have used better. I think MT is suffering due to poor recruitment and that responsibility is shared out and PW is part of that problem.

Godsend.F.C.
10-01-2023, 09:36 AM

Post of the week ragingpup, agree with the majority of that.
Did you write it up when you were sober..>;)

ragingpup
10-01-2023, 09:40 AM

I am never sober.

Grist_To_The_Mill
10-01-2023, 10:15 AM

Some good points other than the suggestion that Warne could do no wrong. Apart from being at the centre of everything.

caytonmiller
10-01-2023, 10:32 AM
I believe if we worked alongside the people's names being mentioned for 1 week that Inc Paul Douglas some fans may have a different opinion to the effort they put into the club.

Karl998yr
10-01-2023, 10:50 AM
I agree that TS, PW and anyone else with influence at the club pre MT have all contributed to our current dilemma.
That wasn't the fault of MT

Moving onto my thoughts on MT and what is his fault.
He knows by now the limitations of his playing staff.
He got off to a decent start by not changing too much too soon.
He is now trying to implement his own ideas and style and it clearly isn't working. I accept we have injuries and want away players amongst all this.

I feel MT is very much its my way or the highway and that stubbornness looks like it might cost us this season.
Unless MT realises this and starts playing a style and formation that plays to the strengths of the players at his disposal then we will be in trouble.

We used to talk of Warne not having a plan B when things weren't going right. MTs plan A isn't working right now but he can always use Warnes plan A as his plan B? It was working to a point this season after all.

Good managers are flexible and can change things when things clearly aren't working

Time to show you're a good manager MT

Derbymiller
10-01-2023, 11:04 AM
I agree that TS, PW and anyone else with influence at the club pre MT have all contributed to our current dilemma.

He is now trying to implement his own ideas and style and it clearly isn't working. I accept we have injuries and want away players amongst all this.

I feel MT is very much its my way or the highway and that stubbornness looks like it might cost us this season.
Unless MT realises this and starts playing a style and formation that plays to the strengths of the players at his disposal then we will be in trouble.

We used to talk of Warne not having a plan B when things weren't going right. MTs plan A isn't working right now but he can always use Warnes plan A as his plan B? It was working to a point this season after all.

Good managers are flexible and can change things when things clearly aren't working

As stated on my earlier post, he says he cannot do that because he doesn't have the players, we have no centre forward!!!!

millertop
10-01-2023, 11:04 AM

Did he get off on a good start because he had the players do you think?
He’s now struggling because because he hasn’t had the players do you think?

Yes you’ve more or less answered them 😂 so the post is for others

I think MT can be a good manager for us (probably a better on with resources he needs) but he’s got to be given time and judged imo when he has the players back or the players fetched in that he needs

Derbymiller
10-01-2023, 11:05 AM
I believe if we worked alongside the people's names being mentioned for 1 week that Inc Paul Douglas some fans may have a different opinion to the effort they put into the club.

They might put in a lot of effort, I would hope that they do as that is what they are paid for, effort doesn't mean that they are good enough though does it? They might be the best at it, but the outcomes we are seeing don't seem to support that

Ericsladkilnhurst
10-01-2023, 11:13 AM
When Warne left the club, we were in a good position.
MT came along & changed the way the Millers play, there will be videos of the Millers games
this season, while Warne was in charge, surely MT would look at these, & keep to the
system used, while he had the same players.
Then what happened was we lost players due to injuries, in which then MT had to change
the system around.
But my point is that we should have played the system that got us up to 9th place in the
championship, until the injuries.
I would think the players did not agree with MT changing a good system.

millertop
10-01-2023, 11:13 AM
They might put in a lot of effort, I would hope that they do as that is what they are paid for, effort doesn't mean that they are good enough though does it? They might be the best at it, but the outcomes we are seeing don't seem to support that

Agree to a point, media was well better run imo when Ben was here (he’s gone on to better things or maybe money, I don’t begrudge him that) but I’m not stupid enough to to realise there’s probably not enough staff.
I think a new pair of eyes would be good upstairs but Paul Douglas probably won’t like that 😉

millertop
10-01-2023, 11:17 AM

I wouldn’t mind working along side Doris to keep her sweet and had a few drops of brandy in TS’s cup before I ask him a few questions 😉😂

Ericsladkilnhurst
10-01-2023, 11:19 AM
Quite a number of clubs have a Director of Football, a person who has football knowledge
in the boardroom.
Trouble is we don't have anyone with football knowledge in the boardroom, which has shown
in transfer dealings, letting players go for less than their value, which other clubs have done.
Ok we have Scott looking at players, but is he a glorified scout in one respect.

millertop
10-01-2023, 11:19 AM
Seriously if I didn’t laugh I’d be throwing myself of a cliff reading some stuff from our fans, mainly twitter which I try to avoid for a few days when we lose a game

Ericsladkilnhurst
10-01-2023, 11:28 AM
Looking at the appointment of Paula Stainton has Interim General Manager at York City.

I wonder if Doris has general manager would change things around.

rolymiller
10-01-2023, 11:44 AM
Get the feeling that MT will not mince his words judging by his pillock comment. Was that aimed at paul douglas i wonder. Also makes you think he might be a bit more forthright with TS about funds as well. Summat on the lines of do you want us to stay up or what? I hope he does personally. Could be a risky move byMT but it is about time TS was challenged. Think PW was too soft to do it.

Godsend.F.C.
10-01-2023, 11:49 AM
Some good points other than the suggestion that Warne could do no wrong. Apart from being at the centre of everything.

He got plenty wrong Grist, not just this season either. Created a 'family club' atmosphere which can have its advantages and its disadvantages. He's gone-stick with MT, give him a chance to bring his own players in over next pre-season, then judge him.
There is life after PW.

ragingpup
10-01-2023, 12:12 PM

I think that I find it difficult to pin anything specific on Warne without there being mitigating circumstances, most notably the budget he had to work with in the championship, that was the reason why he left. A poster said he was likely too soft with Stewart, but not sure how much more hardball you can take it by saying to the manager that he will have to look at alternative opportunities arise. I'm confient that this would have happened, and Stewart knew full well and accepted the risk that Warne would go. I don't think you can say Warne was too soft on this.

The bottom line for me is could he have done better in his Championship campaigns with the players he did have at his disposal, and my gut feeling is probably not. I think ultinately the chickens would have come home to roost on this season as well even though he can point to leaving us in a good place. But he did play to the strengths of the kind of player he could recruit and the last 2 campaigns we were competitive to the last. He deserves his go at a better resourced club but as I said in my post, I suspect it is only then that we will be able to see if he can properly punch his weight as a manager at that level. I personally was very proud to have him as spokesperson for the club and liked the values he aimed to run by, although I feel that the inclusion of allowing players to take the knee as they wished, and supporting them vocally on this, is possibly a prime reason why several people have been anti-Warne for so long. Fair enough, it's about opinions.

I'm sure that MT will be successful if allowed the time to rebuild and we should get behind him and the club in this difficult but as we all know from history, inevitable period of change. I take Derby's point that he may have made the change more gradually, or it may have had a more positive impact if the big target man was there, but it seemed to me that we were playing Ogbene/Wash up front before he called on big fella in the last 2 games. Didn't our bad run start before then (straight after the WC break?). But whatever, Waren's gone, MT is the leader and let's get behind him, the lads and the club.

mellowmiller
10-01-2023, 12:40 PM
As stated on my earlier post, he says he cannot do that because he doesn't have the players, we have no centre forward!!!!

Did Warne have a centre forward when we were in 8th position?
Eaves was injured as per usual and Kelly was only used as an occasional substitute.
It's always up to the manager, whoever he is, to get the best out of resources at his disposal.
I don't know where we would be in the league table if we'd carried on pressing teams (nobody does) and playing to our strengths but what we're witnessing at the moment is woeful because the manager has changed too much too soon.
Yes he needs to be given time and I hope he succeeds because I hate to see my club struggling......but I'm not convinced by what I've seen so far.

millertop
10-01-2023, 01:12 PM
Did Warne have a centre forward when we were in 8th position?
Eaves was injured as per usual and Kelly was only used as an occasional substitute.
It's always up to the manager, whoever he is, to get the best out of resources at his disposal.
I don't know where we would be in the league table if we'd carried on pressing teams (nobody does) and playing to our strengths but what we're witnessing at the moment is woeful because the manager has changed too much too soon.
Yes he needs to be given time and I hope he succeeds because I hate to see my club struggling......but I'm not convinced by what I've seen so far.

Do you think he changed it too much because he wanted too it because he was forced to?

mellowmiller
10-01-2023, 01:28 PM
Do you think he changed it too much because he wanted too it because he was forced to?

Well he said he was looking forward to the World Cup break so he could implement his ideas into the squad and get them playing how he wants them to.
Seems pretty clear to me.

millertop
10-01-2023, 01:39 PM
Well he said he was looking forward to the World Cup break so he could implement his ideas into the squad and get them playing how he wants them to.
Seems pretty clear to me.

He did but the players have been injured and ill since coming back which is pretty clear :rolleyes: so how can he have put his changes that he wants by choice?

Why don’t you wait to see what happens when the players are back to judge, I know I think he’ll make it work but I also know I’ll be my usual self in moaning if he doesn’t

Derbymiller
10-01-2023, 01:40 PM
I think PW deserves a lot of credit, his entire career in the Championship is now judged on 9 games and where his team was after 9 games, amazing how history is so easily forgotten. I think any manager worth his salt would always say that it is where you are after the last game that matters and on all three occasions when Warne has had a last game of the season finish (in the championship) his team have been in the bottom three. We were 8th when he left, but we had recently been hammered by Sunderland and got knocked out a cup at home to a poor League 1 team. We can all spin it however we want to either make PW look good or bad, as stated above he has left us and good luck to him in his career, there is nothing PW can do now to help us so let us focus on the man that can. MT has lost the best defender at the club, the best all round player at the club and has two of his best players looking at new houses away from Rotherham, one of which makes most of our goals the other one scores them, add to that we have no fit centre forward at the club and the fact we are not yet in the bottom three is quite an achievement. I do agree that whatever they tried to do in the WC break has failed, and he would be best to try and go back but I genuinely do not believe he has the players to do that in terms of fitness and interest.

Redshank
10-01-2023, 01:47 PM
I think that I find it difficult to pin anything specific on Warne without there being mitigating circumstances, most notably the budget he had to work with in the championship, that was the reason why he left. A poster said he was likely too soft with Stewart, but not sure how much more hardball you can take it by saying to the manager that he will have to look at alternative opportunities arise. I'm confient that this would have happened, and Stewart knew full well and accepted the risk that Warne would go. I don't think you can say Warne was too soft on this.

The bottom line for me is could he have done better in his Championship campaigns with the players he did have at his disposal, and my gut feeling is probably not. I think ultinately the chickens would have come home to roost on this season as well even though he can point to leaving us in a good place. But he did play to the strengths of the kind of player he could recruit and the last 2 campaigns we were competitive to the last. He deserves his go at a better resourced club but as I said in my post, I suspect it is only then that we will be able to see if he can properly punch his weight as a manager at that level. I personally was very proud to have him as spokesperson for the club and liked the values he aimed to run by, although I feel that the inclusion of allowing players to take the knee as they wished, and supporting them vocally on this, is possibly a prime reason why several people have been anti-Warne for so long. Fair enough, it's about opinions.

I'm sure that MT will be successful if allowed the time to rebuild and we should get behind him and the club in this difficult but as we all know from history, inevitable period of change. I take Derby's point that he may have made the change more gradually, or it may have had a more positive impact if the big target man was there, but it seemed to me that we were playing Ogbene/Wash up front before he called on big fella in the last 2 games. Didn't our bad run start before then (straight after the WC break?). But whatever, Waren's gone, MT is the leader and let's get behind him, the lads and the club.

As a self confessed "Warney boy" I agree with everthing you say, but you're wasting your time. It's ironic that the ones that wanted Warney out are the same ones that still bang on about him the most and blame him for the current situation. There's not a day goes by I don't read a disparaging anti Warne post from the likes of gru and Grist and I honestly don't understand what their agenda is...other than wind up merchants.

Whenever PW left there was always going to be upheaval. For whatever reason, this didn't manifest itself until after the world cup break. The bottom line is "is MT a good manager and a good fit for RUFC". Gut feeling says yes, but only time will truly tell.

He has to be given time and that time will probably involve a relegation. So be it, we're past masters of surviving that scenario ffs! Supporters have to play their part and we have to stick by MT. Discussion and opinion on MM etc is one thing and largely meaningless, but daft "TS out" banners (or such like) are a different kettle of fish and won't do any good whatsoever.

UTM

ragingpup
10-01-2023, 01:53 PM
I think PW deserves a lot of credit, his entire career in the Championship is now judged on 9 games and where his team was after 9 games, amazing how history is so easily forgotten. I think any manager worth his salt would always say that it is where you are after the last game that matters and on all three occasions when Warne has had a last game of the season finish (in the championship) his team have been in the bottom three. We were 8th when he left, but we had recently been hammered by Sunderland and got knocked out a cup at home to a poor League 1 team. We can all spin it however we want to either make PW look good or bad, as stated above he has left us and good luck to him in his career, there is nothing PW can do now to help us so let us focus on the man that can. MT has lost the best defender at the club, the best all round player at the club and has two of his best players looking at new houses away from Rotherham, one of which makes most of our goals the other one scores them, add to that we have no fit centre forward at the club and the fact we are not yet in the bottom three is quite an achievement. I do agree that whatever they tried to do in the WC break has failed, and he would be best to try and go back but I genuinely do not believe he has the players to do that in terms of fitness and interest.

I think only very stupid people would judge Warne only on where he was when he left us. You have to (of course!) look at his whole record since joining us and as I said previously, he has done very well at rebuilding and beating off better resourced teams to gain promotion 3 times, but his lack of success in this league, whether we think with or without the necessary resources doesn't really matter now, will always mean that we can't say anything much more than he has only proven himself as a successful manager to a certain extent. I think that Derby fans will have a much better idea than us as to whether he can be more successful at a higher level and with a greater budget. But he may not even get that far with them. Only time will tell.

People being much too quick to take biased stances as to both Warne's record, and MT's existing record. Again, only an idiot would surely conclude that injuries haven't worked horribly against him so far. Much more debatable is that he has the players to succeed at this level at all. But aside from that, maybe January will give us a picture as to how MT will play it on the man management side of things - is he going to drop any player who won't sign a new contract and sell them to the highest bidder on the grounds that they 'don't want to be here' and we can at least command a fee. Again remains to be seen but it does seem to be shaping up that way. It will be a divisive tactic, sounds good in theory, but how much will we get in losing their services for the rest of the season? Can we get replacements at anything like their level mid season and in haste. Very risky, but if that is his preferred method, I'll back him, even if it takes us down. Rebuild rebuild. Do it his way at least until Xmas of season back in league 1 and then take stock.

millertop
10-01-2023, 01:54 PM
I think it’s called reality, we had similar posts when Warney was made manager XD

mellowmiller
10-01-2023, 01:57 PM
He did but the players have been injured and ill since coming back which is pretty clear :rolleyes: so how can he have put his changes that he wants by choice?

Why don’t you wait to see what happens when the players are back to judge, I know I think he’ll make it work but I also know I’ll be my usual self in moaning if he doesn’t.

I've said he needs to be given time and I hope he succeeds! Doesn't mean I don't have concerns about what seems to be happening at the club though
I accept he's had bad luck with injuries and illness but that doesn't entirely explain the alarming drop off in performances since the World Cup break.
Quite a few on here wanted to see fringe players like Odoffin and McCart being given a chance and you would think they'd have busted a gut to impress. They haven't and have probably made it even clearer why they are only fringe players.
It will be interesting to see what happens in this transfer window and I hope TS supports the manager but if recruits who are fit and firing don't arrive quickly it might be too late to stop the rot.
I really hope he can turn things round.

millertop
10-01-2023, 03:26 PM

I've said he needs to be given time and I hope he succeeds! Doesn't mean I don't have concerns about what seems to be happening at the club though
I accept he's had bad luck with injuries and illness but that doesn't entirely explain the alarming drop off in performances since the World Cup break.
Quite a few on here wanted to see fringe players like Odoffin and McCart being given a chance and you would think they'd have busted a gut to impress. They haven't and have probably made it even clearer why they are only fringe players.
It will be interesting to see what happens in this transfer window and I hope TS supports the manager but if recruits who are fit and firing don't arrive quickly it might be too late to stop the rot.
I really hope he can turn things round.

We all have concerns, it wouldn’t be our club if we didn’t ;D

You maybe right about them not busting a gut but I see has they’re just come back from injury and don’t want to be back in the treatment anytime soon or they might still have been getting over an illness, obviously we don’t know the true nature because noon3 wants to talk about it.

I’m trying to be positive >;)

millertop
10-01-2023, 05:48 PM
Morrison spoke to Peltier (best mates) before signing so maybe it’s all *******s about trouble at the mill

Grist_To_The_Mill
10-01-2023, 06:40 PM
Morrison spoke to Peltier (best mates) before signing so maybe it’s all *******s about trouble at the mill

Maybe

Both at Cardiff link?

caytonmiller
10-01-2023, 06:58 PM
Glass half empty folk will say.peltier said. Come sign Sean. It's free money. Score an own goal then pretend your injured.
The fans will blame MT TS PW And DTTL.

Ericsladkilnhurst
10-01-2023, 07:28 PM
Glass half empty folk will say.peltier said. Come sign Sean. It's free money. Score an own goal then pretend your injured.
The fans will blame MT TS PW And DTTL.

Plus there is room on the treatment table, since Joe Mattock left the Millers. ;D

Grist_To_The_Mill
10-01-2023, 07:41 PM
Plus there is room on the treatment table, since Joe Mattock left the Millers. ;D

He took it with him in lieu of a gold watch

CAMiller
10-01-2023, 08:06 PM

I just did a search of the forum ELK and hereby notify you that you've now exceeded the FootMAD limit of 10 on the use of that joke and you will be required to pay a fine if it is ever used again ;D

Ericsladkilnhurst
10-01-2023, 11:24 PM
I just did a search of the forum ELK and hereby notify you that you've now exceeded the FootMAD limit of 10 on the use of that joke and you will be required to pay a fine if it is ever used again ;D

Stalker Alert Stalker Alert >;)

MILLERSTALE
11-01-2023, 08:06 AM

Noticed Joe Mattock was not in the Harrogate squad at the weekend ! is he now on their treatment table ? Conversely noticed Angus McDonald and Adam Thompson were playing for their respective teams Swindon and Orient ! Olusundae has virtually never played since he left us, ditto John Taylor .

millertop
11-01-2023, 08:33 AM
Maybe

Both at Cardiff link?

They both played at Cardiff yes, not sure if at same time

Masbroughstreet
11-01-2023, 08:45 AM
They both played at Cardiff yes, not sure if at same time

Yes, they were both there at the same time, and also together at Huddersfield for a short time.

Ericsladkilnhurst
11-01-2023, 01:32 PM
Noticed Joe Mattock was not in the Harrogate squad at the weekend ! is he now on their treatment table ? Conversely noticed Angus McDonald and Adam Thompson were playing for their respective teams Swindon and Orient ! Olusundae has virtually never played since he left us, ditto John Taylor .

Jon Taylor at Doncaster Rovers, had bad injury problems during his last 2 seasons, now he is
injured again, a bad knee injury, that requires surgery, so out for rest of the season.
I think his contract is up in the summer 2023.

Ericsladkilnhurst
11-01-2023, 01:39 PM

Adam Thompson not given a fair deal to me with the Millers, only played 9 league / 2 FA cup / 1 other games
in the 18 months at the club.

millertop
11-01-2023, 02:48 PM
Adam Thompson not given a fair deal to me with the Millers, only played 9 league / 2 FA cup / 1 other games
in the 18 months at the club.

You’ve got to be joking here Eric

The club was very good with Adam given his personal issues and id say Adam will thank us for that

The majority I’d say of fans also wished him well

Ericsladkilnhurst
11-01-2023, 02:58 PM
You’ve got to be joking here Eric

The club was very good with Adam given his personal issues and id say Adam will thank us for that

The majority I’d say of fans also wished him well

I did not know of personal issues, but I thought not given enough game time.

millertop
11-01-2023, 03:38 PM
I did not know of personal issues, but I thought not given enough game time.

His Dad had brain cancer and died before we got promoted, Adam really struggled with it which is understandable.
I think it was his choice to leave so his contract was terminated

Even though his dad didn’t see the promotion, Adam was happy that his Dad saw him in games in that promotion season

Ericsladkilnhurst
11-01-2023, 03:43 PM
Thanks Millertop, I did not know about personal issues.

Good luck to him with the rest of his career.

welovebooth
11-01-2023, 03:45 PM
Wood going to chairman about the manager.

Manager signs a player to replace him.

millertop
11-01-2023, 03:47 PM

Fact?

millertop
11-01-2023, 03:55 PM
Thanks Millertop, I did not know about personal issues.

Good luck to him with the rest of his career.

That’s ok I also wish him well

ragingpup
11-01-2023, 05:01 PM
Fact?

Doesn't matter post Trump and GB News. Fact is whatever you want it to be. Get with it MT

welovebooth
11-01-2023, 05:02 PM
Fact?

Or fiction?

Ericsladkilnhurst
11-01-2023, 05:55 PM

Personally I would keep Richard Wood, & get shut of Peltier.

Lolmorgan
14-01-2023, 02:29 PM
Well today makes this thread a load of Boll@cks.

welovebooth
14-01-2023, 02:40 PM
Or does it lol

A replacement bought in for wood

Probably clamping down on his authority behind the scenes.

Wood is match fit yet he gets replaced by someone who hasn't played in months

I reckon it adds more credibility to it.

Top it all off we put In a performance like that when it happens.

I reckon there some truth in this

CAMiller
14-01-2023, 02:47 PM
Or does it lol

A replacement bought in for wood

Probably clamping down on his authority behind the scenes.

Wood is match fit yet he gets replaced by someone who hasn't played in months

I reckon it adds more credibility to it.

Top it all off we put In a performance like that when it happens.

I reckon there some truth in this

Looked like camaraderie on the pitch today every time we won a hard earned goal kick, throw in, free kick etc. and continued through the substitutions including when Wood came on for Morrison. The delight shown for each and every goal was, well, a delight to see.

NYSRich
14-01-2023, 03:01 PM
Viktor running the length of the pitch to celebrate each goal suggests team spirit is pretty good.

Derbymiller
14-01-2023, 03:03 PM
Viktor running the length of the pitch to celebrate each goal suggests team spirit is pretty good.

very true

welovebooth
14-01-2023, 03:53 PM
Looked like camaraderie on the pitch today every time we won a hard earned goal kick, throw in, free kick etc. and continued through the substitutions including when Wood came on for Morrison. The delight shown for each and every goal was, well, a delight to see.

Yes I agree

But that can also be because the manager has shown not 1 player is bigger than another.

It adds more team spirit

Woods only came on because he wasn't match fit and signalled to the bench he wants to come off

He was never going to play the full game

Woods will replace him for the next few games untill he builds his fitness than when that is done barring injuries or formation changes Woods won't play

rolymiller
14-01-2023, 04:01 PM
Yes I agree

But that can also be because the manager has shown not 1 player is bigger than another.

It adds more team spirit

Woods only came on because he wasn't match fit and signalled to the bench he wants to come off

He was never going to play the full game

Woods will replace him for the next few games untill he builds his fitness than when that is done barring injuries or formation changes Woods won't play
Interesting. We have more than one player called Wood. How many years have we have had Wood to not be able to spell his name correctly!

welovebooth
14-01-2023, 04:07 PM
Interesting. We have more than one player called Wood. How many years have we have had Wood to not be able to spell his name correctly!

Why does spelling matter that much.

Just tell me what job have you done scientist doctor ..

Or worked down the pit

rolymiller
14-01-2023, 04:25 PM
Not sure what a scientist doctor is...

Lolmorgan
14-01-2023, 04:37 PM
Not sure what a scientist doctor is...

One with a Phd. XD

MillersTime
14-01-2023, 04:56 PM

Because if I said I find you interesting as a whole it would mean something completely different if I misspell it as hole.

Wiltsmiller
14-01-2023, 05:03 PM
Brilliant. Says it all.

poddington
14-01-2023, 06:03 PM

Therein lies the problem.

welovebooth
14-01-2023, 07:29 PM

Yes not all off us are well educated.

Some off us have to earn less than 80k a year.

Also with spelling auto correct it's so easy to look what your not

So come on what jobs do you have ..what's your next worth because I can guarantee if it wasn't for Margaret thatcher you wouldn't even own your own house.

But the pedophile let's do a illegal strike labour are the bees knees.

Brin
14-01-2023, 08:00 PM

You tell em Mr P.

Sorry Sir, I meant you should correct them with their grammar.

Brin
14-01-2023, 08:02 PM

So come on what jobs do you have ..what's your next worth because I can guarantee if it wasn't for Margaret thatcher you wouldn't even own your own house.

WLB what on earth are you on about pal with that last statement?

avondalemiller
14-01-2023, 08:06 PM
WLB what on earth are you on about pal with that last statement?

Brin, tell him to put the bottle down..............................

Geetarman
14-01-2023, 08:17 PM

Understanding the difference between off and of would be a beginning.

That was a hell OF a performance today. We played them OFF the park. Happy to help.

Ericsladkilnhurst
15-01-2023, 04:04 PM
Well today makes this thread a load of Boll@cks.

Quite untrue mate, You don't know what happens behind closed doors. :confused:

Grist_To_The_Mill
15-01-2023, 04:19 PM

Exactly it’s all guesswork and if there are issues they might not be to do with MT and performances on the pitch.

It could be disarray on the support team as the latest staff member leaving suggests.

Masbroughstreet
15-01-2023, 04:22 PM
Exactly it’s all guesswork and if there are issues they might not be to do with MT and performances on the pitch.

It could be disarray on the support team as the latest staff member leaving suggests.

Then why guess about something else to just add fuel to the fire?

Grist_To_The_Mill
15-01-2023, 04:26 PM
Then why guess about something else to just add fuel to the fire?

Give the fans the jigsaw pieces and they might see the picture on the box

As for a fire, well no, maybe just a few smoking twigs

kentmillerman
15-01-2023, 05:38 PM
Understanding the difference between off and of would be a beginning.

That was a hell OF a performance today. We played them OFF the park. Happy to help.

Please give the tutorial a rest pal. Turn your tutorial OF. Oops off. :p

Masbroughstreet
15-01-2023, 06:35 PM
Give the fans the jigsaw pieces and they might see the picture on the box

As for a fire, well no, maybe just a few smoking twigs

The problem is most of those jigsaw pieces are invented by people on here.

Grist_To_The_Mill
15-01-2023, 06:48 PM

Lol yes, that’s the game isn’t it?

Some more gullible than others

Lolmorgan
15-01-2023, 06:52 PM

Your mole said the players didn’t like the manager & were not playing for him,well Saturday blew that out of the water.

Lolmorgan
15-01-2023, 06:53 PM

Or ELKs Mole inside the club.

Ericsladkilnhurst
15-01-2023, 06:56 PM
Your mole said the players didn’t like the manager & were not playing for him,well Saturday blew that out of the water.

Could be they played for the fans, not the manager :O

Lolmorgan
15-01-2023, 07:02 PM
Could be they played for the fans, not the manager :O

So the last few games before Saturday they played for nobody.��

Ericsladkilnhurst
15-01-2023, 07:04 PM
So the last few games before Saturday they played for nobody.��

Is that a Mister Man.

MillersTime
15-01-2023, 07:14 PM
Surely we haven't sunk to the depths of 'if we win it is because they played for the fans', 'if we lose it is them not playing for the manager'? Surely we haven't stooped that low? Digging in on a stance that will snowball into more and more senseless responses depending on the outcome of a match. Jheez.

Fortunately the players are more mature than some on here appear.

Townerslovechild
15-01-2023, 07:18 PM
I`m pretty sure professional footballers play for themselves and their team-mates,a tight camp will do anything for the manager,that`s what we`ve been doing for the last 6 years mostly,yesterday was much better in that respect.

Ericsladkilnhurst
15-01-2023, 07:30 PM
My original posting was the truth from a proper source, which I would not name, the person who
passed the information to me was my son, from the proper source.

Where as we have a posting that Wood went to the chairman, the information from a fan, who's mate,
was told by another fan on the coach back from Millwall.
I would have never mentioned the player without proof, where as Richard Wood could take legal advise
on the posting.
The same with naming players we have supposed to have signed, when its hush hush at the club, so
leaked on this site, the club know only certain people are in the know, so there could a internal issue.
Anyone getting information thats supposed to be hush hush ought to wait until the club announces
any signings.

mellowmiller
15-01-2023, 07:51 PM
Just to try and give this thread a bit of context. In a recent interview Conor Washington said:
"In the early period of when the manager took over we were successful and getting results. Then, for whatever reason we have come away from that.
It's a case of us trying to understand what the manager wants in matches, if you are not quite sure it gets exposed brutally, especially at the level we are playing at."
Maybe we have become so obsessed with the in-possession stuff and trying to score and be a more established team in the Championship rather than playing counter-attacking football."

Sometime last week Matt Taylor said there had been a "clear the air meeting" between the staff and players and after yesterday's match he said:
"There has been honesty from myself, the players and the staff, we have brought some players in and changed the shape."

Whatever was said certainly seemed to have an effect because yesterday saw us get back to our best at pressing the opposition and we also played some nice football at times.
One swallow doesn't make a summer but team spirit can go a long way.

Lolmorgan
15-01-2023, 08:21 PM
My original posting was the truth from a proper source, which I would not name, the person who
passed the information to me was my son, from the proper source.

Where as we have a posting that Wood went to the chairman, the information from a fan, who's mate,
was told by another fan on the coach back from Millwall.
I would have never mentioned the player without proof, where as Richard Wood could take legal advise
on the posting.
The same with naming players we have supposed to have signed, when its hush hush at the club, so
leaked on this site, the club know only certain people are in the know, so there could a internal issue.
Anyone getting information thats supposed to be hush hush ought to wait until the club announces
any signings.

So the mole told your son,what gives him the right to tell anybody out side the club.He’s out of order right or wrong.What he’s done is load the gun & you & your son have fired it.Nice guy to have inside our club.

millertop
15-01-2023, 08:58 PM
Doesn’t really matter if true or not but the players are paid to do a job under a manager, yes managers change things about but you talk to him about it not run to the chairman surely like a spoilt brat unless obviously the manager is out of order

BarnsleyWhites
16-01-2023, 01:29 PM
It’s always the same when a manager who’s built a team over years leaves and a new one with new ideas and systems comes in. Some of the current players don’t like it and frankly don’t fit in with the new system. A manager is employed to do just that and the players to play and if they don’t like or can’t hack the new surroundings they should leave. This is an important transfer windows if Rotherham are to save their place in the Championship, which they can certainly do if everyone pulls together, including supporters. TS has employed Taylor and must now back him to make the changes necessary. There is no sentiment in football and however good players have been in the past if they’re not putting maximum effort in then they are letting the club down and should go. There’s half a season left yet for things to improve so let’s give the club and management a chance to do just that.

Ericsladkilnhurst
16-01-2023, 07:26 PM
So the mole told your son,what gives him the right to tell anybody out side the club.He’s out of order right or wrong.What he’s done is load the gun & you & your son have fired it.Nice guy to have inside our club.

But the mole knows I would never divulge their name.

But if there is internal trouble at the club you support, I has a supporter would like to know.

I think now this thread has run its course.

So to administrators, please close the thread.