PDA

View Full Version : Dyche to Everton

kritichris
10-01-2023, 11:58 AM
Thought I'd come on here and check the rumours but there's no thread so I've started one..
https://www.goodisonnews.com/2023/01/04/sean-dyche-favourite-to-be-next-everton-manager-amid-frank-lampard-update-on-thursday/

I also heard another club was considering him but haven't found out which one yet.

The Bedlington Terrier
10-01-2023, 12:19 PM
I'm not that at all certain members on here are that bothered k_c.

It's all a bit "meh!" now. B)

army88
10-01-2023, 01:12 PM
Thought I'd come on here and check the rumours but there's no thread so I've started one..
https://www.goodisonnews.com/2023/01/04/sean-dyche-favourite-to-be-next-everton-manager-amid-frank-lampard-update-on-thursday/

I also heard another club was considering him but haven't found out which one yet.

Funnily enough Kriti I’ve just had the conversation with a very staunch Everton fan and they do not want Dyche ( the fans that is ) under any circumstances.

Personally I think he’d do a good job for them and told him that but he’s not having any of it.

Still think he’d keep them up if they get him in imminently.

Southampton for the other one ?

Untinted Glasses
10-01-2023, 01:40 PM
Funnily enough Kriti I’ve just had the conversation with a very staunch Everton fan and they do not want Dyche ( the fans that is ) under any circumstances.

Personally I think he’d do a good job for them and told him that but he’s not having any of it.

Still think he’d keep them up if they get him in imminently.

Southampton for the other one ?

IMO it depends what a good job is defined as! Is it league position? Then he would do a great job like you suggest Army. If its having an exciting team to watch and enjoying football he would do an absolute stinker of a job.

It is easy to say, with a different brand of players he can change his style, do not pigeon hole him to Burnley etc.
However the more I think about it the more I know he can't. He has a negative mindset just like Southgate and it will not change. Again just my opinion.

outwoodclaret
10-01-2023, 01:47 PM
If Dyche went to Everton it would certainly prove one of two things. Either SD is good enough to manage a club other than Burnley in the Premier League or Everton really are the completely unmanageable mess we think they are and will end up in the Championship. It may even do them so good. Relegation hasn’t exactly proved a disaster for the Clarets has it?

army88
10-01-2023, 01:50 PM
IMO it depends what a good job is defined as! Is it league position? Then he would do a great job like you suggest Army. If its having an exciting team to watch and enjoying football he would do an absolute stinker of a job.

It is easy to say, with a different brand of players he can change his style, do not pigeon hole him to Burnley etc.
However the more I think about it the more I know he can't. He has a negative mindset just like Southgate and it will not change. Again just my opinion.

I think your right UG of all people on here really I’m the one that moaned a bucketful at dross I was served up under Dyche s tenure - reality is if they went down it could be catastrophic for them and I think he may get a run like he did here where he could make them established and reasonably successful ( people forget when you are in Europe or potentially wining things about negative tactics).

At this moment I think they need a Dyche to sort it out before they slip ever closer to the bottom 3
And the drop.

kritichris
10-01-2023, 01:55 PM
One of Dyche's weaknesses is that he thought McNeil was a wunderkind, it would be interesting to see what happens there.

Untinted Glasses
10-01-2023, 02:23 PM
I think your right UG of all people on here really I’m the one that moaned a bucketful at dross I was served up under Dyche s tenure - reality is if they went down it could be catastrophic for them and I think he may get a run like he did here where he could make them established and reasonably successful ( people forget when you are in Europe or potentially wining things about negative tactics).

At this moment I think they need a Dyche to sort it out before they slip ever closer to the bottom 3
And the drop.

He would definitely do a job in that sense, in fact I'm convinced in the future he is going to get the nickname Sean Allerdyche

The Bedlington Terrier
10-01-2023, 03:09 PM
One of Dyche's weaknesses is that he thought McNeil was a wunderkind, it would be interesting to see what happens there.

The reality was he had to give McNeil the big build up because he had nowt else.

alfinyalcabo
10-01-2023, 04:19 PM
Dyche is past history,let's move on with Kompany and enjoy the ride whilst it lasts..

Untinted Glasses
10-01-2023, 04:22 PM
Dyche is past history,let's move on with Kompany and enjoy the ride whilst it lasts..

We need something to talk about ;D

The Bedlington Terrier
10-01-2023, 05:07 PM

Not often I agree with you Alfie, but you are spot on with this one mate. ;D

army88
10-01-2023, 08:26 PM

Come on Kriti , he isn’t a bad player , just can’t find his way at the minute- confidence is what Mcneil needs and his last season here there was none and at Everton this season there is none, he’s a decent player ( not a world beater ) but let’s not kid ourselves you need to be some player to even play premier league football..

Supersub6
10-01-2023, 09:01 PM
Come on Kriti , he isn’t a bad player , just can’t find his way at the minute- confidence is what Mcneil needs and his last season here there was none and at Everton this season there is none, he’s a decent player ( not a world beater ) but let’s not kid ourselves you need to be some player to even play premier league football..

I agree, army, he has just turned 23 years old in November and has played 151 PL matches since he was introduced at the end of the 2017/18 season when he came on as a sub against Bournemouth. Four and a half seasons and 151 matches is a decent record for a lad who really took a lot of stick from lots of fans during last season and had the confidence drained out of him.

Untinted Glasses
10-01-2023, 10:11 PM
I thought it was tongue in cheek with McNeil comments. I thought he was a brilliant player spoilt by dyches negative tactics .

kritichris
10-01-2023, 11:07 PM
McNeil for me was a player who never chased lost causes, never gave 100% and dropped his head too easily when things didn't go well despite his talent. In contrast a player like Vydra gave 100%, chased everything and never gave up, I know which I would rather have.

The Bedlington Terrier
11-01-2023, 08:37 AM
I thought it was tongue in cheek with McNeil comments. I thought he was a brilliant player spoilt by dyches negative tactics .

I was never impressed with the "I've got a smelly dead rat on my necklace" look.

He's a sulking, spoilt brat, give me Zaroury any day of the week and twice on a Sunday.

Untinted Glasses
11-01-2023, 08:50 AM
I was never impressed with the "I've got a smelly dead rat on my necklace" look.

He's a sulking, spoilt brat, give me Zaroury any day of the week and twice on a Sunday.

Yea true tbh BT. Funny how things work out.

sinkov
11-01-2023, 09:22 AM

Please refer back to the 2015/16 season, that will prove that most of what you say about Dyche is simply wrong. Please bear in mind that it's not me saying you are wrong, look at the facts, we were top of the league playing good attractive football, top scorers in the league, the facts say you are wrong.

The Bedlington Terrier
11-01-2023, 10:17 AM
Please refer back to the 2015/16 season, that will prove that most of what you say about Dyche is simply wrong. Please bear in mind that it's not me saying you are wrong, look at the facts, we were top of the league playing good attractive football, top scorers in the league, the facts say you are wrong.

By coincidence I was Everton when we won 1-0 and Jeff Hendrick smacked the winner in after a 24 pass move when no Everton player got anywhere near the ball.

I was also at Stamford Bridge when we were 3-0 up at half time against the EPL champions.

I'm not commenting on this topic anymore because if people had actually got off their arses and watched the Clarets play away from home under the auspices of Sean Dyche they would know we were anything other than one dimensional.

sinkov
11-01-2023, 10:27 AM
By coincidence I was Everton when we won 1-0 and Jeff Hendrick smacked the winner in after a 24 pass move when no Everton player got anywhere near the ball.

I was also at Stamford Bridge when we were 3-0 up at half time against the EPL champions.

I'm not commenting on this topic anymore because if people had actually got off their arses and watched the Clarets play away from home under the auspices of Sean Dyche they would know we were anything other than one dimensional.

There were times in the PL when we played good football, Defour and Brady showing Spurs up at Wembley springs to mind, numerous other games as well, but as the money dried up so did the good football, I wouldn't argue with that. The last two Championship seasons under Dyche we were a joy to watch. Either some fans weren't watching us back then, or they have very short memories, no idea which.

Untinted Glasses
11-01-2023, 10:43 AM

Yea your right I guess.

I know he did amazing when he was here, absolutely amazing. Maybe I am being harsh, I just think he needed a break from Burnley and vice versa. He became obsessed with negative football in the end. Like I say best for both parties I think.

I also don't really judge on stats, I just judge on how I feel. For the last couple of seasons I just felt depressed with the football .

Also players have spoken out about how they lost there love for the game too in the final couple of seasons.

sinkov
11-01-2023, 11:05 AM
Yea your right I guess.

I know he did amazing when he was here, absolutely amazing. Maybe I am being harsh, I just think he needed a break from Burnley and vice versa. He became obsessed with negative football in the end. Like I say best for both parties I think.

I also don't really judge on stats, I just judge on how I feel. For the last couple of seasons I just felt depressed with the football .

Also players have spoken out about how they lost there love for the game too in the final couple of seasons.

If you want to talk about the last couple of seasons UG, no argument, it had run it's course and came to it's inevitable end. I feel a bit for Dyche because it's obvious now that Garlick was starving him of funds in order to finance the sale of the club. I don't see how he could have been expected to football the PL's elite off the pitch with the squad of aging journeymen that were all we could afford. He had to find another way to survive in the PL, and for a few seasons it worked, although I admit it was not pretty to watch.

I cannot agree though that he cannot play any other way, never mind the stats, I saw most of our games home and away in the last two Championships seasons and we were a joy to watch, there was never a defensive mind-set, even away from home, we just dominated games. I absolutey loved watching us those two seasons under Dyche, and I cannot forget the standard of the football we were playing.

Untinted Glasses
11-01-2023, 11:49 AM
I cannot agree though that he cannot play any other way, never mind the stats, I saw most of our games home and away in the last two Championships seasons and we were a joy to watch, there was never a defensive mind-set, even away from home, we just dominated games. I absolutey loved watching us those two seasons under Dyche, and I cannot forget the standard of the football we were playing.

Yea fair enough. Perhaps he has and can again. Would he have the confidence to try it in the premier league? We were on a good run so easy to keep playing like that. A few defeats would he refer back to defensive mind set? I tend to think he would.

See us now, even when searching for goals in the last minutes, Reading game springs to mind, we keep playing the football we want to play win or lose. Not taking the easy option to revert back but fully believing in the style of play.

I just think a few defeats for a dyche team playing football he would revert back to defensive mindset. I dont think he would fully believe in the attacking style

This is all hypothetical of course. I hope you are right and in future we see a Dyche team ripping up the premier league with a great style of football.

I honestly do. I just can't see it, but who knows. Opinions are great and I do enjoy reading every ones.

The Bedlington Terrier
11-01-2023, 11:55 AM
Yea fair enough. Perhaps he has and can again. Would he have the confidence to try it in the premier league? We were on a good run so easy to keep playing like that. A few defeats would he refer back to defensive mind set? I tend to think he would.

See us now, even when searching for goals in the last minutes, Reading game springs to mind, we keep playing the football we want to play win or lose. Not taking the easy option to revert back but fully believing in the style of play.

I just think a few defeats for a dyche team playing football he would revert back to defensive mindset. I dont think he would fully believe in the attacking style

This is all hypothetical of course. I hope you are right and in future we see a Dyche team ripping up the premier league with a great style of football.

I honestly do. I just can't see it, but who knows. Opinions are great and I do enjoy reading every ones.

If you get the chance to listen to him summarising a game on TV - just listen.

He talks exactly the same lingo as VK but with a rougher voice.

I wish SD nothing but the very best. Over and out. B)

army88
11-01-2023, 01:20 PM

It’s an opinion UG , my only question would be if he has the skill set and the ability why is he not employed in the premier league ?

Others must think the same way as you.

I’ve posted so many times that we owe Dyche everything to be where we are today, and he gets full support of most I think on here , however that doesn’t guarantee he can replicate / better what he achieved with us - and also would other clubs give him firstly the time / the backing and the keys to everything I’m guessing not.

We did play exciting football in pockets in his tenure especially the championship seasons , but as we’ve alluded to you can’t sell Tripps - Ings - Gray amongst others and keep competing without good recruitment.

All I know is I had a lot off depressing drive homes for 3/4 seasons , even when we managed to stay up.

I guess in football nowadays it all leads back to money - or lack of it.

The Bedlington Terrier
11-01-2023, 01:33 PM
It’s an opinion UG , my only question would be if he has the skill set and the ability why is he not employed in the premier league ?

Others must think the same way as you.

I’ve posted so many times that we owe Dyche everything to be where we are today, and he gets full support of most I think on here , however that doesn’t guarantee he can replicate / better what he achieved with us - and also would other clubs give him firstly the time / the backing and the keys to everything I’m guessing not.

We did play exciting football in pockets in his tenure especially the championship seasons , but as we’ve alluded to you can’t sell Tripps - Ings - Gray amongst others and keep competing without good recruitment.

All I know is I had a lot off depressing drive homes for 3/4 seasons , even when we managed to stay up.

I guess in football nowadays it all leads back to money - or lack of it.

About the only thing me and sinkov have genuinely agreed upon over the last 7 seven years is what a f*cking shambles our recruitment policy/ability was under the Dyche/Garlick tenure.

Neither of us ever fathomed why Dyche put up with it, and I'm definitely still none the wiser.

It seems obvious now that Garlick and John B had a cunning plan, and keeping Burnley in the EPL was not part of it. :blue:

sinkov
11-01-2023, 04:57 PM
I have to admit that I didn't renew my ST after 3 years in the PL, I wasn't travelling and watching our steady decline under Dyche, I was only watching on TV, so it wasn't quite as painful for me as those having to travel, sit and suffer and I can understand why those that did might not be quite as enamoured of him as I still am.

I have two early memories of Dyche's tenure which left an impression on me which still persists. His first two games, Wolves at home, Leeds at home, I was not a happy bunny, Eddie had lost interest, he wanted out, the players knew he wanted out and played like they'd lost interest as well, we were a shambles, shipping goals for fun. Wolves rocked up, a decent team, only lost 4 all season, Sean kept the same back four, no changes, and we won 2-0. Tuesday night it was Leeds, another decent team, we won 1-0, two wins, two clean sheets and we went into those games with the worst goals conceded record in the League.

I came off that night saying to my sister, I don't know much about this Sean Dyche, but he can certainly organise a defence. He did an interview on local radio, he was asked why he hadn't changed the back four that had been leaking goals all season, he said he saw the previous game at Cardiff, where we conceded four, and it just needed a couple of tweaks, at the end of the season we had the 2nd best defence in the league, some bloody tweaks, he walked through the door and sorted a shambolic defence out virtually overnight.

The second was an absolute stroke of genius that summer of 2013, David Jones in from Wigan, replaced Chris McCann who went the other way. Scotty Arfield arrived as well. We played a pre-season friendly against Sparta Rotterdam, I wasn't expecting much but I was gobsmacked, David Jones ran the midfield, always available, he just kept it ticking over, we footballed Sparta off the pitch and we never looked back.

I've said enough now, you can take it for granted I have an awful lot of time for Sean Dyche, give him some footballers and his team will play football, give him journeymen and he'll do his best, but it won't be pretty to watch, he hasn't got a defensive mind-set imo, he just adapts his style of play according to what his players are capable of at that level.

The Bedlington Terrier
11-01-2023, 05:54 PM
I have to admit that I didn't renew my ST after 3 years in the PL, I wasn't travelling and watching our steady decline under Dyche, I was only watching on TV, so it wasn't quite as painful for me as those having to travel, sit and suffer and I can understand why those that did might not be quite as enamoured of him as I still am.

I have two early memories of Dyche's tenure which left an impression on me which still persists. His first two games, Wolves at home, Leeds at home, I was not a happy bunny, Eddie had lost interest, he wanted out, the players knew he wanted out and played like they'd lost interest as well, we were a shambles, shipping goals for fun. Wolves rocked up, a decent team, only lost 4 all season, Sean kept the same back four, no changes, and we won 2-0. Tuesday night it was Leeds, another decent team, we won 1-0, two wins, two clean sheets and we went into those games with the worst goals conceded record in the League.

I came off that night saying to my sister, I don't know much about this Sean Dyche, but he can certainly organise a defence. He did an interview on local radio, he was asked why he hadn't changed the back four that had been leaking goals all season, he said he saw the previous game at Cardiff, where we conceded four, and it just needed a couple of tweaks, at the end of the season we had the 2nd best defence in the league, some bloody tweaks, he walked through the door and sorted a shambolic defence out virtually overnight.

The second was an absolute stroke of genius that summer of 2013, David Jones in from Wigan, replaced Chris McCann who went the other way. Scotty Arfield arrived as well. We played a pre-season friendly against Sparta Rotterdam, I wasn't expecting much but I was gobsmacked, David Jones ran the midfield, always available, he just kept it ticking over, we footballed Sparta off the pitch and we never looked back.

I've said enough now, you can take it for granted I have an awful lot of time for Sean Dyche, give him some footballers and his team will play football, give him journeymen and he'll do his best, but it won't be pretty to watch, he hasn't got a defensive mind-set imo, he just adapts his style of play according to what his players are capable of at that level.

Spot on. ;D

WillPark
11-01-2023, 08:44 PM

Thanks Sinkov! A good read!

kritichris
11-01-2023, 11:30 PM
Which is what I said, SD cuts his cloth accordingly so he will probably do well at Everton if he gets the job.

Norder
12-01-2023, 02:16 AM

Which is what I said, SD cuts his cloth accordingly so he will probably do well at Everton if he gets the job.

perhaps he/they will get a friendly shove....as Everton did towards the end of last season.

https://media1.giphy.com/media/xl5QdxfNonh3q/giphy.gif

enjoy the swindle.

;D

kritichris
12-01-2023, 10:39 AM

perhaps he/they will get a friendly shove....as Everton did towards the end of last season.

https://media1.giphy.com/media/xl5QdxfNonh3q/giphy.gif

enjoy the swindle.

;D

I don't doubt it Norder, SD will no longer have the safe tenure he had at the Turf and if he doesn't produce the goods he will shoved as you say.

sinkov
15-01-2023, 01:39 PM
If I was Sean I'd turn down any offer from Goodison anyway, Everton is a mess, some top managers have tried there and failed miserably, the club is dysfunctional, you'd have to be a masochist, or skint, to accept any offer of employment from them, and Sean is neither.

He'll find a club soon enough, why on earth would he walk into that viper's nest ?

outwoodclaret
23-01-2023, 04:26 PM
If I was Sean I'd turn down any offer from Goodison anyway, Everton is a mess, some top managers have tried there and failed miserably, the club is dysfunctional, you'd have to be a masochist, or skint, to accept any offer of employment from them, and Sean is neither.

He'll find a club soon enough, why on earth would he walk into that viper's nest ?

Well the Lamps have finally gone out on Merseyside. Who will be brave or foolhardy enough to take on this poisoned chalice?

army88
23-01-2023, 04:41 PM
Well the Lamps have finally gone out on Merseyside. Who will be brave or foolhardy enough to take on this poisoned chalice?

Well if Dyche doesn’t get it offered now, he’s not getting a premier league job.

Be interesting to see if he could keep them up with moral as low as it is

sinkov
23-01-2023, 04:54 PM
I can't see the Everton board offering it to Dyche, they're in enough **** with their fans as it is, without giving the job to someone erroneously considered to play anti-football. And if I was Dyche I wouldn't go near the job if it was offered,

It's Everton's loss anyway, he's the man to keep them up, and have them back in the top 10 next season. He would guarantee that, I don't know who else would.

sinkov
23-01-2023, 04:57 PM
According to the betting, it's Dyche, Bielsa, Rooney or Big Dunc.

The Bedlington Terrier
23-01-2023, 05:03 PM
I'm sorry to put a dampener on it, but Everton deserve to go down and I think we will be swapping places with them come May. :blue:

sinkov
23-01-2023, 05:13 PM
I'm sorry to put a dampener on it, but Everton deserve to go down and I think we will be swapping places with them come May. :blue:

It's one of the arguments for giving Dyche the job, they might well need a manager to get them out of the Championship next season, in which case it's either Dyche or Colin W@nker. >;)

alfinyalcabo
23-01-2023, 05:46 PM
I'd happily see Everton stay up if it was at the expense of Leeds going down.Even better if bothe went down though. 👍

SAMMY BUBBLY
24-01-2023, 05:26 PM
https://news.paddypower.com/football-news/2023/01/23/breaking-sean-dyche-everton-manager-rumours-intensify/?fbclid=IwAR0S4XZ-Q1WWBbXSvaX7Y-O7P1v_f2OoELlpg1RRaFbvjbvcR8m4f6W3lwM

chastenor
24-01-2023, 06:14 PM
brilliant

kritichris
24-01-2023, 06:59 PM
Apparently Bielsa disguised as a priest was with him.

sinkov
24-01-2023, 07:58 PM
https://news.paddypower.com/football-news/2023/01/23/breaking-sean-dyche-everton-manager-rumours-intensify/?fbclid=IwAR0S4XZ-Q1WWBbXSvaX7Y-O7P1v_f2OoELlpg1RRaFbvjbvcR8m4f6W3lwM

There's always an element of truth in these spoofs, and I'm sure there is in this one as well.

'Not that fecking desperate' indeed.

SAMMY BUBBLY
25-01-2023, 09:08 AM
https://twitter.com/AverageStriker/status/1616942499112550407

The Bedlington Terrier
25-01-2023, 09:10 AM

Lol! XD

sinkov
25-01-2023, 09:19 AM

Brilliant Sammy. ;)

Don't do it Sean.

kritichris
25-01-2023, 01:34 PM
You can't not like that.

sinkov
25-01-2023, 01:46 PM
"“I will do absolutely everything I can to keep Everton in this league.” - Everton target Arnaut Danjuma on Monday afternoon. By Tuesday morning he was half way down the M6 for a medical with Spurs."

alfinyalcabo
25-01-2023, 01:48 PM
🤣🤣🤣👍

The Bedlington Terrier
25-01-2023, 02:11 PM
"“I will do absolutely everything I can to keep Everton in this league.” - Everton target Arnaut Danjuma on Monday afternoon. By Tuesday morning he was half way down the M6 for a medical with Spurs."

Integrity. Don't you just love it. XD

sinkov
25-01-2023, 11:47 PM
It's very strange, none of what I've read today on the Everton job even mentions Sean Dyche, but tonight he's a short priced favourite with virtually every bookie. Do the bookies know something the journos don't, or is it the other way round ?

kritichris
26-01-2023, 12:02 AM
It's very strange, none of what I've read today on the Everton job even mentions Sean Dyche, but tonight he's a short priced favourite with virtually every bookie. Do the bookies know something the journos don't, or is it the other way round ?

I'd always go with the bookies, they have more to lose.

kritichris
27-01-2023, 12:00 AM
It's looking like Bielsa, I'll give him until the end of the season, managers are cannon fodder at goodison.

Untinted Glasses
27-01-2023, 08:02 AM
It's looking like Bielsa, I'll give him until the end of the season, managers are cannon fodder at goodison.

If he's given time I think he will be good for Everton. Probably the type of manager they need right now. Lift the doom and gloom and get some good vibes about the place.

sinkov
27-01-2023, 10:10 AM
Looks like Bielsa has turned them down and it's Sean. Everton have got lucky, I'm not sure Bielsa would keep them up, Sean will.

Untinted Glasses
27-01-2023, 10:15 AM
Looks like Bielsa has turned them down and it's Sean. Everton have got lucky, I'm not sure Bielsa would keep them up, Sean will.

Just when McNeil and Tarks thought they had escaped him. They must be gutted.

sinkov
27-01-2023, 10:57 AM
He might be just the man to get McNeill's career back on track and I would imagine Tarko is delighted, no idea why he would not be.

I'm not sure this bodes well for us though, Gordon is off to Newcastle and Sean will be looking to bring in one or two players over the weekend. Ideally players he knows, ideally a ready made replacement for Gordon, ideally someone who won't cost the earth, and standing out like a sore thumb to me, and probably Sean as well, is Josh Brownhill.

Hopefully I'm wrong, we'll see.

army88
27-01-2023, 11:30 AM
He might be just the man to get McNeill's career back on track and I would imagine Tarko is delighted, no idea why he would not be.

I'm not sure this bodes well for us though, Gordon is off to Newcastle and Sean will be looking to bring in one or two players over the weekend. Ideally players he knows, ideally a ready made replacement for Gordon, ideally someone who won't cost the earth, and standing out like a sore thumb to me, and probably Sean as well, is Josh Brownhill.

Hopefully I'm wrong, we'll see.

It’s all on the Gordon deal though Sinkov I think as they don’t have the money - the little hiccup where us and Leeds were going to start litigation I think was covered up at the time but FFP is now biting them in the backside and the issues are there.

They shouldn’t need to sign people really and I don’t think Brownhill will want to leave - reality is both clubs could still pass each other us going up and them down - even with Dyche at the helm - interesting to see if Sean can turn them around and get some points to pull away from bottom three.

Imo it’s a tough ask but you wouldn’t put it past him would you ?

sinkov
27-01-2023, 12:51 PM
Yes it probably does depend on Gordon army, if he goes I think we may well lose Brownhill, or maybe not, I'm only guessing. If Everton do put a bid in, maybe around £20 million he's gone, this is our MO now, selling players at a profit, I don't think Josh will have much of a say in it.

As for a tough ask for Sean, I'll be very, very surprised if he doesn't keep them up, all in a day's work for that lad.

Untinted Glasses
27-01-2023, 12:53 PM
I'll bet brownhill does not end up at Everton. They have escaped him once, I doubt they'll be wanting to sign for him again.

The Bedlington Terrier
29-01-2023, 04:58 PM
I was in the "Nelson" pub on Friday night in Ipswich with Dave Burnley and a dozen Clarets fans, to a man we think Dyche and VK will be meeting up in the EPL next season.

Dyche will keep them up.

kritichris
29-01-2023, 05:50 PM
... to a man we think Dyche and VK will be meeting up in the EPL next season.

Wot, no women?

The Bedlington Terrier
29-01-2023, 06:52 PM
Wot, no women?

If you have ever met that lot k_c you would know why there are no women around.

My wife sat quietly in a corner of the pub with two female Ipswich fans discussing the sort of stuff chicks discuss. >;)

sinkov
29-01-2023, 08:01 PM
My wife sat quietly in a corner of the pub with two female Ipswich fans discussing the sort of stuff chicks discuss. >;)

Corry, what a set of w@nkers their husbands are, and how much it will cost for a new kitchen.

The Bedlington Terrier
29-01-2023, 08:07 PM
Corry, what a set of w@nkers their husbands are, and how much it will cost for a new kitchen.

Funny you should say that mon ami...>;)

sinkov
30-01-2023, 08:09 AM
Whst's going on at Goodison, they get the deal for Gordon done, so losing one of their best players, but they haven't yet got Dyche in situ. Something's not right here, does Dyche want a 2/3 year deal while they only want to commit for the rest of this season ? What's the problem, this was supposed to be done and dusted last Friday.

The Bedlington Terrier
30-01-2023, 08:12 AM
News reports suggest he has signed a 2.5 year deal and he's in the building. ;D

sinkov
30-01-2023, 08:26 AM
It does seem to be taking a long time to sort for some reason, and time is what they haven't got. They need a replacement for Gordon and the window shuts tomorrow.

sinkov
30-01-2023, 03:37 PM
Sean trying to sign Connor Gallagher from Chelsea, thank god for that, Brownhill is safe. ;D

alfinyalcabo
30-01-2023, 03:44 PM
Good luck Sean,I'm sure you will keep Everton up.

sinkov
30-01-2023, 03:45 PM
Gallagher not interested, Brownhill back on.:blue:

Untinted Glasses
30-01-2023, 03:51 PM
Gallagher not interested, Brownhill back on.:blue:

No current Burnley players will want to join up with Dyche. Trust me. All our squad is well safe of that eventuality

sinkov
30-01-2023, 04:21 PM
Michael Keane wanted out of Everton, as soon as he heard Dyche was signing he said he'd stay. Tarko could have left with a year on his contract, he refused to move and insisted on playing out the last year of his contract at Burnley, under Dyche.

The Bedlington Terrier
30-01-2023, 05:04 PM
A few gems from SD...

https://www.whoateallthepies.tv/funnies/285880/sean-dyche-unmoved-by-grand-canyon.html?utm_term=63d7e6802eea68a1d0d1ac2982ae1 3f7&utm_campaign=TheFiver&utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&CMP=fiver_email

sinkov
01-02-2023, 09:09 AM
UG was right and Brownhill doesn't sign for Everton, in fact no one signs for Everton and they end the January window with a weaker squad than they started with. I wonder if Sean ever did think of Brownhill as a possibility. I suppose there are always exceptions, but as a general rule, I'd say any club in a relegation battle that ends January weaker than they started it, ends up getting relegated.

Best of luck Sean, even you might have bitten off more than you can chew here.

The Bedlington Terrier
01-02-2023, 09:54 AM
Sacking Lampard and not having a replacement already in place was madness.

The Everton fans are 100% correct, the Everton board is totally not fit for purpose. :mad:

sinkov
01-02-2023, 10:27 AM
Sacking Lampard and not having a replacement already in place was madness.

The Everton fans are 100% correct, the Everton board is totally not fit for purpose. :mad:

They really are a basket case, not only have they not got any of the players they wanted, they didn't get the manager they wanted either, Sean's only there because Bielsa knocked them back. If anyone can keep them up it's Sean, but I wouldn't put money on it.

The Bedlington Terrier
01-02-2023, 11:04 AM
They really are a basket case, not only have they not got any of the players they wanted, they didn't get the manager they wanted either, Sean's only there because Bielsa knocked them back. If anyone can keep them up it's Sean, but I wouldn't put money on it.

Bloody hell sinkov don't say that, yesterday I put quite a few bob on the Saints, Wolves and Cherries to get relegated. ;D

sinkov
01-02-2023, 11:19 AM
Bloody hell sinkov don't say that, yesterday I put quite a few bob on the Saints, Wolves and Cherries to get relegated. ;D

I know, I thought it was a sound bet yesterday, but yesterday the cavalry was expected to ride over the hill at the last minute to Everton's rescue, so to speak, but the cavalry hasn't turned up, and it doesn't look so clever now. XD

Untinted Glasses
14-02-2023, 08:34 AM

:O