PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Obafemi and our Ash...

Untinted Glasses
10-01-2023, 04:55 PM
Just wondered with us being linked again today with this guy what your thoughts are on him? I'll be honest I've only seen him play against us this season and didn't really stand out.

Just wondered if you guys had seen him any more and could offer an opinion.

He seems the right age at 23 and there willing to go a lot lower than the 12 million they were asking.

kritichris
10-01-2023, 05:00 PM
https://punditarena.com/football/james-fenton/michael-obafemi-swansea-boss-scathing/

Doesn't sound promising if Swansea don't rate him.

malwayne
10-01-2023, 05:10 PM
Leave him where he is. We can do better than that

alfinyalcabo
10-01-2023, 07:40 PM
Not my cup of tea,think we can do much better than him.

army88
10-01-2023, 08:18 PM
Just wondered with us being linked again today with this guy what your thoughts are on him? I'll be honest I've only seen him play against us this season and didn't really stand out.

Just wondered if you guys had seen him any more and could offer an opinion.

He seems the right age at 23 and there willing to go a lot lower than the 12 million they were asking.

I’m not going to question Vincent I haven’t seen any mistake yet on - in what he’s signed so I’ll trust in the manager - if he thinks he can score goals for us and or create them for others I’m glad to have him.

sinkov
10-01-2023, 08:23 PM
I don't much like what I read about him, but I agree with army, if Vinni thinks he OK, who the feck am I to disagree ?

The Bedlington Terrier
10-01-2023, 09:05 PM
I don't much like what I read about him, but I agree with army, if Vinni thinks he OK, who the feck am I to disagree ?

Not much to add to that sinkov - for once. O:)

Untinted Glasses
10-01-2023, 10:09 PM
Not much to add to that sinkov - for once. O:)

Yea but come on guys I wasn’t asking for that, I was asking for YOUR opinion on the player

army88
11-01-2023, 07:52 AM
Yea but come on guys I wasn’t asking for that, I was asking for YOUR opinion on the player
Looks decent to me , I’ve watched him for Ireland a time or two , he’s a well made lad ,
looks to me like if you give him the service he’ll score you goals , good feet - strength and brain his link up play also decent, and his movement

What’s not to like 👍

Why Southampton let him go who knows - looked like a real prospect to me back then.

The Bedlington Terrier
11-01-2023, 08:24 AM
Looks decent to me , I’ve watched him for Ireland a time or two , he’s a well made lad ,
looks to me like if you give him the service he’ll score you goals , good feet - strength and brain his link up play also decent, and his movement

What’s not to like ��

Why Southampton let him go who knows - looked like a real prospect to me back then.

I imagine VK listens to what his Eire team mate Josh Cullen thinks about him.

He failed to impress when we slaughtered the Swans at Turf Moor.

Might be worth a punt at $3 million.

army88
11-01-2023, 09:39 AM
I imagine VK listens to what his Eire team mate Josh Cullen thinks about him.

He failed to impress when we slaughtered the Swans at Turf Moor.

Might be worth a punt at $3 million.

We suffocated them BT they never got the ball for any meaningful patches in the game - it’s a hard game when you don’t have the ball to do / show anything, get him up on you tube and watch his goals for Southampton and Swansea and then come back and re post your opinions just based on football not what the media say about him.

The Bedlington Terrier
11-01-2023, 10:11 AM
We suffocated them BT they never got the ball for any meaningful patches in the game - it’s a hard game when you don’t have the ball to do / show anything, get him up on you tube and watch his goals for Southampton and Swansea and then come back and re post your opinions just based on football not what the media say about him.

I'm not in the BFC recruitment team army88, I just commented on what I saw of him playing against us at Turf Moor.

sinkov
11-01-2023, 11:15 AM
I don't know much more than what I've read about him, I've only seen odd glimpses of him playing, so I don't have an opinion. I'd want to see 60/70 minutes at least before I put my foot in my big mouth. ;D

army88
11-01-2023, 01:29 PM
Like I said BT - you can’t show anything if you don’t have the ball - so based on that you arent in recruitment- if he’d scored twice against us you’d buy him ?
Check him out he looks like he’s got it for me.

The Bedlington Terrier
11-01-2023, 01:37 PM
Like I said BT - you can’t show anything if you don’t have the ball - so based on that you arent in recruitment- if he’d scored twice against us you’d buy him ?

We have a couple of Republic of Ireland lads on the Facebook site and they don't rate him in an Eire shirt. Makes no difference to me, VK will either buy him or he won't.

If he comes on board I will then sit up and take notice, but I must say I'm not very impressed with the lad's antics at Swansea.

malwayne
11-01-2023, 03:27 PM

If he’s got it, why isn’t his club using it ?

army88
12-01-2023, 01:18 PM
On that basis Mal why did Man Utd not use Ronaldo - it’s just football

The Bedlington Terrier
26-01-2023, 03:23 PM
Looks like our Ash might be going the other way.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/swansea-city-targeting-experienced-burnley-man-in-bid-to-bolster-attacking-options/ar-AA16LXMY?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=73ddc79ca17b44ccae48cdb005ba223b

Likes sinkov said, he plots his every move does VK...

SAMMY BUBBLY
26-01-2023, 03:43 PM
I reckon by the start of next Season all the Players from the Dyche era will be gone!

lancaster100
26-01-2023, 03:52 PM
My only thoughts are if we are to let one forward go it would be JRod not Ashley. Ashlei looks like he is beginning to fit into the style of play.

Untinted Glasses
26-01-2023, 04:14 PM
Why do my subject topics keep changing their form. :confused:

The Bedlington Terrier
26-01-2023, 08:24 PM
Why do my subject topics keep changing their form. :confused:

We have two threads running on the same topic U_G and then news came of the Swans interest in our Ash, so I just tagged "our Ash" onto the thread title.

Seemed more sense than merging two threads and opening another new one.

Apologies if I have hurt your feelings. :blue:

Untinted Glasses
26-01-2023, 08:44 PM
We have two threads running on the same topic U_G and then news came of the Swans interest in our Ash, so I just tagged "our Ash" onto the thread title.

Seemed more sense than merging two threads and opening another new one.

Apologies if I have hurt your feelings. :blue:

XD

The Bedlington Terrier
26-01-2023, 08:51 PM
XD

Makes a whole lot of sense now U_G...

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/59436/why-would-swansea-city-loan-michael-obafemi-to-burnley-

kritichris
26-01-2023, 11:56 PM
Everything you read coming from Swansea makes Obafemi sound like a loose cannon, I hope he can emulate Ade akinbiyi, i loved him.

sinkov
27-01-2023, 09:39 AM
One thing we can be sure about, he can run, otherwise we wouldn't be signing him. >;)