PDA

View Full Version : JRod headless chicken

lancaster100
14-01-2023, 07:35 PM
Well what should I say about todays win. The main thing that changed the game was the substitutions in particular taking off JRod. I say it again he is offering nothing. I would say he looks like a headless chicken but that would be an insult to a headless chicken at least the chicken doesnt know what he is doing and cant see what to do. Once the subs had happened we seemed to be able to pass the ball quicker and sharper and CFC seemed to lose their way after they had played a good first half. There target man I thouhgt had a great first half but couldn't repeat it in the second half. <ay be a player we should consider.

CornholmeClaret
14-01-2023, 08:05 PM
Bit harsh on the Chicken.... 😆

But yes, I agree. Doesnt give the team enough.

Tella should be in ahead of him. Gives us Pace, Good Movement, runs at defenders, better first touch and Finishing.

The Bedlington Terrier
14-01-2023, 08:12 PM
Jay Rod had a poor game today but so too did Benson & Cork.

VK has developed a squad that can be switched around, the introduction of JBG at halftime changed the game completely.

Our Number One $hithouse was bang at it from the first moment he came on...

sinkov
14-01-2023, 08:21 PM
It's a bit like Strictly, wouldn't be Saturday night without Lancaster having a moan. XD

The Bedlington Terrier
14-01-2023, 08:23 PM
It's a bit like Strictly, wouldn't be Saturday night without Lancaster having a moan. XD

Lol! XD

alfinyalcabo
14-01-2023, 08:25 PM
Didn't see the game,but people are saying Jrod was crap and Barnes was good.

CornholmeClaret
14-01-2023, 08:29 PM

Doesnt mean he is wrong though... JRod was crap....

sinkov
14-01-2023, 08:29 PM
Didn't see the game,but people are saying Jrod was crap and Barnes was good.

I've only seen the highlights Alfie, I know you can't really go off them, but nevertheless, how we didn't go 3-0 down I'll never know. maybe the proper fans who went on can tell us that's a false impression ?

sinkov
14-01-2023, 08:31 PM
Doesnt mean he is wrong though... JRod was crap....

Never said he was, but Strictly finishes at Christmas, Lancaster's regular Saturday moan runs much longer.

CornholmeClaret
14-01-2023, 08:45 PM
To be honest, I dont see what many Burnley fans seem too see in JRod. There seeemingly is this love for him because he is a Burnley lad. But I dont get to be honest.

His positional sense for starters is woeful. He's never where he should be. His anticipation is also poor, by the time he works himself into a spot, the ball has gone. Also, he has no pace, he cant take a man on.

On the other hand... We have a guy like Nathan Tella.. Who is quick, can take a man on, moves well off the ball, great first touch and finish.

In fairness, in recent week.. Even Barnes has shown to have more in his locker than JRod.... His performance in the Cup was excellent. Showed some good touches around the box, Some good passes for at least two goals.

The Bedlington Terrier
14-01-2023, 09:08 PM
I've only seen the highlights Alfie, I know you can't really go off them, but nevertheless, how we didn't go 3-0 down I'll never know. maybe the proper fans who went on can tell us that's a false impression ?

On the balance of play I would say we deserved to nick it.

We had three proper "last ditch" tackles where the heart over took the brain.

I would love to nick their centre forward, he really is a handful.

In the last 20 minutes our togetherness, will to win and sheer quality won us all 3 points.

We had 4 good chances and scored 1, the Sky Blues had 3 good chances and scored 0.

The best player on the pitch scored the winning goal. End of. ;D

army88
14-01-2023, 09:34 PM

Sinkov- we had real issues because Robins had us worked out , he kept the shape that nullified our wide men which absolutely upset the apple cart as width is our weapon, they forced us centrally and caused a lot of problems as they aren’t a bad team tbh.

A lot are slagging J rod and to a point I’d agree but he fed of scraps and couldn’t hold the ball in their last third , Because we couldn’t get to him to support him.

It appeared that the subs changed the game and in fairness Tella , destroyed their tiring centre backs and full back and ran the channels to create space for others, Barnes did a decent job of occupying centre backs as well , reality is though that we simply ground them down , the players who were on the pitch and the ones who’d gone off all played a part - Coventry were well organised and it was working for 50 minutes , after that our ball retention and movement kicked in as they tired and we created chances and scored.

It was a hard fought game today and showed a different side of Burnley again , we really did have to grind this one out.

outwoodclaret
14-01-2023, 10:39 PM
Well what should I say about todays win. The main thing that changed the game was the substitutions in particular taking off JRod. I say it again he is offering nothing. I would say he looks like a headless chicken but that would be an insult to a headless chicken at least the chicken doesnt know what he is doing and cant see what to do. Once the subs had happened we seemed to be able to pass the ball quicker and sharper and CFC seemed to lose their way after they had played a good first half. There target man I thouhgt had a great first half but couldn't repeat it in the second half. <ay be a player we should consider.

Is the key word here substitutions? We have Manuel, Zaroury, Tella & J Rod who have all scored 8/9 goals. If a player is off form or the system needs changing I think VK has been able to ring the changes successfully. We are still winning and got three hard earned points today. West Brom will be another big battle. Players coming off the bench may well be pivotal.

kritichris
14-01-2023, 10:47 PM
Is the key word here substitutions? We have Manuel, Zaroury, Tella & J Rod who have all scored 8/9 goals. If a player is off form or the system needs changing I think VK has been able to ring the changes successfully. We are still winning and got three hard earned points today. West Brom will be another big battle. Players coming off the bench may well be pivotal.

Spot on outwood, the starting 11 weren't gelling and VK changed things and got a result. Against different opposition the original selection may have worked. This is what VK is developing, a flexible team that doesn't rely on one or two individuals.

The Bedlington Terrier
15-01-2023, 04:58 AM

After the tactical substitutions it was easy to see how Davy Crockett felt at the Alamo. We swarmed all over the Sky Blues and that Tella fella needs buying and quick!

malwayne
15-01-2023, 06:41 AM
I was never in favour of him returning to the club. People always say” Don’t go back. “ In this case it is spot on.

The Bedlington Terrier
15-01-2023, 07:16 AM
I was never in favour of him returning to the club. People always say” Don’t go back. “ In this case it is spot on.

If I was Mr Pace I'd send him to Coventry with a cheque for ten million quid and bring Vic back in a Terrier Taxi. Both fares done free.

malwayne
15-01-2023, 08:19 AM

army88
15-01-2023, 08:43 AM
If I was Mr Pace I'd send him to Coventry with a cheque for ten million quid and bring Vic back in a Terrier Taxi. Both fares done free.

Should have scored BT ( twice ) , big powerful lad who carries the ball well and link up play decent as well , I’m not sure he’d suit us as we are , not nimble enough really. - Dyche would have loved him

The Bedlington Terrier
15-01-2023, 09:35 AM
Should have scored BT ( twice ) , big powerful lad who carries the ball well and link up play decent as well , I’m not sure he’d suit us as we are , not nimble enough really. - Dyche would have loved him

From memory he played in three certain "assists" which were spurned.

If he'd passed them through balls through to our lot we'd have won 4-0!

I rate him but he does not fit the Pace/ALK mould of buying low and selling high. :blue:

alfinyalcabo
15-01-2023, 09:47 AM
Just seen them Sinky,Coventry have only themselves to blame for losing with the clearcut chances they missed.

The Bedlington Terrier
15-01-2023, 10:17 AM
Just seen them Sinky,Coventry have only themselves to blame for losing with the clearcut chances they missed.

I was freaked out by how well we defended those "clearcut chances" Alfie. Some team VK has assembled at Turf Moor, hearts of lions and swift of feet too!

sinkov
15-01-2023, 10:52 AM
BT and Army, thanks for your mini-reports, I feel much happier now, those highlight clips were bloody frightening.

sinkov
15-01-2023, 10:57 AM
To be honest, I dont see what many Burnley fans seem too see in JRod. There seeemingly is this love for him because he is a Burnley lad. But I dont get to be honest.

His positional sense for starters is woeful. He's never where he should be. His anticipation is also poor, by the time he works himself into a spot, the ball has gone. Also, he has no pace, he cant take a man on.

On the other hand... We have a guy like Nathan Tella.. Who is quick, can take a man on, moves well off the ball, great first touch and finish.

In fairness, in recent week.. Even Barnes has shown to have more in his locker than JRod.... His performance in the Cup was excellent. Showed some good touches around the box, Some good passes for at least two goals.

CC, it doesn't matter whether or not Burnley fans like Jay, they don't pick the team. Perhaps the more relevant question would be, what does VK see in him, he picks the team and he keeps selecting him.

lancaster100
15-01-2023, 01:37 PM
Sinkov a bit disappointed with your reply but respect your view. Like all fans I only want the best possible for the team and I would be more than happy to say JRod was doing a good job and deserves his place but sadly that is not the case. He now needs to be replaced and maybe shipped out, just my humble opinion.

sinkov
15-01-2023, 01:43 PM
Sinkov a bit disappointed with your reply but respect your view. Like all fans I only want the best possible for the team and I would be more than happy to say JRod was doing a good job and deserves his place but sadly that is not the case. He now needs to be replaced and maybe shipped out, just my humble opinion.

Lancaster, I meant no harm, I enjoy your regular Saturday night missives, and while we have to pay for Strictly and it ends at Christmas, yours run all season and are free. I shall continue to look forward to your posts and views as ever.

The Bedlington Terrier
15-01-2023, 01:46 PM
I like Jay Rod always have, always will but his current form is really disappointing.

He was bloody awful yesterday, the lad always puts a shift in but he was miles off it yesterday.

Perhaps that's why Obafemi will be here by Friday (by all accounts). ;D

Swissclaret
15-01-2023, 03:02 PM
Certainly Barnes contributed when he came on. He got into the box, mixed it up and let the defenders know that he was there. Sadly, because I do like JayRod as a person, he did do any of those things. When was the last time he scored or created anything for anyone?

army88
15-01-2023, 03:16 PM
I get everyone’s criticism of Jay rod , but we just came up against a very well organised team and not only did it make Benson and Zaroury in effective it also made Jay and the central midfield Cork and Cullen, hence we couldn’t get or keep the ball in the last third , as for Jay he didn’t have his best game but i wouldn’t write him off just yet.

Plus remember that JBG and Tella and Barnes came on when they were tiring after a 60/70 min shift.

Untinted Glasses
15-01-2023, 03:42 PM
Also comparing him to "their target man". Do we think Jay is playing as a target man? I don't, he's dropping deep and linking play.
Haven't seen yesterday game as been working away but yea, 1 bad game to start writing him off is a bit harsh XD

kritichris
15-01-2023, 05:13 PM
Everyone was writing Barnes off not long ago but he has bounced back and is playing well, if not scoring. JRod will be back.

The Bedlington Terrier
15-01-2023, 05:41 PM
Everyone was writing Barnes off not long ago but he has bounced back and is playing well, if not scoring. JRod will be back.

I hope so k_c.

lancaster100
15-01-2023, 06:53 PM
Sinkov thanks for that and the feelings are mutual in respect of posts on this board

outwoodclaret
20-01-2023, 10:20 PM

If Carlsberg did substitutions they couldn’t do them better than VK surely. Wonderful execution by Scott Twine!

alfinyalcabo
20-01-2023, 10:31 PM
Jrod played OK when he came on tonight.

kritichris
20-01-2023, 10:33 PM
Jrod played OK when he came on tonight. I thought him and Ash both played their parts.

The Bedlington Terrier
20-01-2023, 10:57 PM
The little patterns of play in the final minutes down in the left hand corner were reminiscent of Citeh at their best and Jay Rod was instigating it. A really brilliant win! >:)

kritichris
20-01-2023, 11:08 PM
The little patterns of play in the final minutes down in the left hand corner were reminiscent of Citeh at their best and Jay Rod was instigating it. A really brilliant win! >:)

Yup, it was one touch football just pinging it about, very impressive.

sinkov
20-01-2023, 11:17 PM
Excellent tonight was Jay, and he headed at least four out of our box, which is four times more than any of our defenders did. Maybe Vinni should play him centre-half ?