PDA

View Full Version : McNally - should VK loan him out?

The Bedlington Terrier
17-01-2023, 08:29 PM
The lad needs game time so it's a "yes" from me.

https://the72.co.uk/2023/01/17/sheffield-wednesday-make-approach-to-burnley-over-potential-deal-for-2m-man/

Untinted Glasses
17-01-2023, 08:54 PM
Sorry BT it’s a no from me. He should be learning as much as possible from one of the best centre backs of the modern era

alfinyalcabo
17-01-2023, 09:17 PM
A " No" from me as well.

Deadlydave
18-01-2023, 01:16 AM
It's a no from me as well. TBH is out for sometime our young lad needs to learn.

sinkov
18-01-2023, 08:36 AM
I'd sell him, get him off the wage bill, he's even further down the pecking order now we've signed this lad from Belgium as well. He needs to move on, if he can't make the match day squad in the Championship, he has no future with us next season in the PL, although I suppose he could always sell programmes.

The Bedlington Terrier
18-01-2023, 08:53 AM
I'd sell him, get him off the wage bill, he's even further down the pecking order now we've signed this lad from Belgium as well. He needs to move on, if he can't make the match day squad in the Championship, he has no future with us next season in the PL, although I suppose he could always sell programmes.

It appears that even VK gets the odd one wrong. For once sinkov I agree with you, either loan him out or sell him.

sinkov
18-01-2023, 09:10 AM
No blame attached though is there BT, that's football, some signings work out, some don't. It's when a few at £10-£15 million go wrong that the problems start, as we both well know. McNally is neither here nor there really.

Untinted Glasses
18-01-2023, 10:15 AM
No blame attached though is there BT, that's football, some signings work out, some don't. It's when a few at £10-£15 million go wrong that the problems start, as we both well know. McNally is neither here nor there really.

Why hasn't it worked out? He is a young lad, Jordan and THB have been awesome, we have a premier league centre back in the form of Taylor as back up. I'm not sure what hasn't worked out? He surely cannot be expected to be playing and most definitely one for the future?

Learning from those and VK must be fantastic for the young lad. I think your both jumping the gun saying it hasn't worked out?

The Bedlington Terrier
18-01-2023, 10:21 AM
Why hasn't it worked out? He is a young lad, Jordan and THB have been awesome, we have a premier league centre back in the form of Taylor as back up. I'm not sure what hasn't worked out? He surely cannot be expected to be playing and most definitely one for the future?

Learning from those and VK must be fantastic for the young lad. I think your both jumping the gun saying it hasn't worked out?

Maybe U_G but he's not knocking at the door begging to play. One for the future perhaps, but why then did we rush to buy Al-Dakhil? :confused:

Untinted Glasses
18-01-2023, 10:29 AM
Maybe U_G but he's not knocking at the door begging to play. One for the future perhaps, but why then did we rush to buy Al-Dakhil? :confused:

Like every one else, I don't know. Does this mean Taylor is not up to it? THB injury worse than expected, plus he's going back? Jordan going back? he needs more cover in this area? or Mcnally is not good enough?

I don't know the reason, could be any of the reasons above and some.

Untinted Glasses
18-01-2023, 10:29 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if Taylor is on his way tbh

The Bedlington Terrier
18-01-2023, 12:18 PM
Like every one else, I don't know. Does this mean Taylor is not up to it? THB injury worse than expected, plus he's going back? Jordan going back? he needs more cover in this area? or Mcnally is not good enough?

I don't know the reason, could be any of the reasons above and some.

The view from Sheffield...

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/why-sheffield-wednesdays-transfer-pursuit-of-burnleys-luke-mcnally-makes-sense-for-both-teams-3991457

sinkov
18-01-2023, 12:59 PM

We've played 27 league games UG, he's come off the bench just twice in those 27 games, both times the 89th minute. I don't know the amount of injury time played, but his total league playing time must be about 10 minutes so far. Last Saturday THB was out, Taylor took his place, Egan-Riley was the back up and McNally didn't even make the squad and now we've signed Dakhil.

Why he's now No. 6 in the pecking order (THB, Beyer, Taylor, Dakhil, Egan-Riley) I don't know, only VK does, but it is what it is, for whatever reason, it hasn't worked out for him, and if you're No 6 and can't get on the bench at a Championship club, you're not going to fare any better in the PL. If Wednesday want him, let him go, best thing all round imo.

Claret_Matelot
18-01-2023, 01:13 PM
No

Untinted Glasses
18-01-2023, 01:13 PM
Yea I get what you're both saying and you're probably right. I just wanted the lad to be a success here.

sinkov
18-01-2023, 01:16 PM
Yea I get what you're both saying and you're probably right. I just wanted the lad to be a success here.

Any road, we can all put our two-pennorth in here, it won't make any difference, Vinni will decide.

The Bedlington Terrier
18-01-2023, 01:43 PM
Any road, we can all put our two-pennorth in here, it won't make any difference, Vinni will decide.

And what about Mr Twine? >:(

sinkov
18-01-2023, 05:43 PM
And what about Mr Twine? >:(Held up six months with his 'problems'. Summer's the time to decide, let's what the next few months brings for Scott.

WillPark
18-01-2023, 06:27 PM
I think Twine will be loaned out next season if we’re promoted. He needs a year or two in the championship before taking the step up to the PL

The Bedlington Terrier
18-01-2023, 07:01 PM
I think Twine will be loaned out next season if we’re promoted. He needs a year or two in the championship before taking the step up to the PL

We need to either play him or loan him. Doing neither is bonkers. :blue:

The Bedlington Terrier
24-01-2023, 02:43 PM
McNally off to Coventry on loan...

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-coventry-city-agree-deal-to-sign-burnley-star-luke-mcnally/

Untinted Glasses
24-01-2023, 02:46 PM
McNally off to Coventry on loan...

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-coventry-city-agree-deal-to-sign-burnley-star-luke-mcnally/

Will be interesting to see how he does

sinkov
24-01-2023, 02:53 PM
My guess is, providing he does OK for them, he'll sign for them in summer, with Gyokeres coming the other way as part of the deal.

The Bedlington Terrier
24-01-2023, 02:58 PM
My guess is, providing he does OK for them, he'll sign for them in summer, with Gyokeres coming the other way as part of the deal.

Ever thought of joining VK's recruitment team mon ami, that's good joined up thinking. B)

sinkov
24-01-2023, 03:06 PM
Ever thought of joining VK's recruitment team mon ami, that's good joined up thinking. B)

Vinni is as astute as they come mon ami, it would not surprise me at all if this is the plan.

The Bedlington Terrier
24-01-2023, 04:10 PM
Vinni is as astute as they come mon ami, it would not surprise me at all if this is the plan.

Well he certainly rates Gyokeres who I am certain would love a bash at the EPL. Imagine a Swedish centre-forward AND a Swedish centre-back actually in the matchday squad at Turf Moor. B)

The Bedlington Terrier
24-01-2023, 04:19 PM

Are you clairvoyant or did your mate tip you off? You sneaky devil!

Be wonderful if true.

kritichris
24-01-2023, 07:05 PM
A smorgasbord of footie talent.