PDA

View Full Version : F.A.O. sinkov...

The Bedlington Terrier
23-01-2023, 12:56 PM
On a Burnley FC Facebook site the following post appeared...

If Burnley win 15 of our last 18 games they will be the greatest championship side ever.

The record is Reading in 2005/2006 with 106 points.

I don't think that is possible, what would be the odds on that do you reckon? :confused:

alfinyalcabo
23-01-2023, 04:28 PM
Sorry to pour mud on your statement BT,but it's not going to happen. Every side has a bad spell and ours will come eventually..
Personally, I will be happy with auto promotion and buying our loan players.
Although I can't visualise Man Citeh selling us THB .

The Bedlington Terrier
23-01-2023, 05:01 PM
Sorry to pour mud on your statement BT,but it's not going to happen. Every side has a bad spell and ours will come eventually..
Personally, I will be happy with auto promotion and buying our loan players.
Although I can't visualise Man Citeh selling us THB .

I said in the opening post Alfie I don't think it's possible.

Winning the Championship and buying Beyer, Maatsen and Tella would do for me.

The bonus would be if Pep relents and lets THB come our way too! ;D

sinkov
23-01-2023, 05:11 PM
On a Burnley FC Facebook site the following post appeared...

If Burnley win 15 of our last 18 games they will be the greatest championship side ever.

The record is Reading in 2005/2006 with 106 points.

I don't think that is possible, what would be the odds on that do you reckon? :confused:

It is possible, but highly unlikely, what doesn't help is that we've played two more at home than away and we're left with 8 home and ten away games to come. I reckon we're on course for 101 points, 107 is pushing it.

The Bedlington Terrier
23-01-2023, 07:40 PM
It is possible, but highly unlikely, what doesn't help is that we've played two more at home than away and we're left with 8 home and ten away games to come. I reckon we're on course for 101 points, 107 is pushing it.

Right now we are like a brigade of Panzer tanks, nothing seems able to stop us. Anything seems possible at present, but another 15 wins might be pushing it. B)

sinkov
23-01-2023, 08:14 PM
A good cup run, injuries, referees, liners, sheer bad luck, and those are just the known unknowns mitigating againsts. What else could go wrong, the unknown unknowns. >;)

The Bedlington Terrier
23-01-2023, 09:53 PM
A good cup run, injuries, referees, liners, sheer bad luck, and those are just the known unknowns mitigating againsts. What else could go wrong, the unknown unknowns. >;)

Whatever the Footballing Gods through at us sinkov, this lot seem able to cope. I'm getting the exact same vibes as we all did when SD's Championship team were steamrolling the league in 2016.

outwoodclaret
23-01-2023, 10:31 PM
Whatever the Footballing Gods through at us sinkov, this lot seem able to cope. I'm getting the exact same vibes as we all did when SD's Championship team were steamrolling the league in 2016.

It was a wonderful season culminating with a never to be forgotten run of 23 games undefeated. We didn’t quite steamroller the league though as it was a close run thing with Middlesbrough and Brighton. Promotion was only secured in our final home game v QPR and the title then followed on the final day at Charlton. Hopefully this season we will become Champions with many more games to spare!

alfinyalcabo
23-01-2023, 11:48 PM
That's when the Charlton fans were protesting,we won 3-0 I think.

The Bedlington Terrier
24-01-2023, 05:57 AM
It was a wonderful season culminating with a never to be forgotten run of 23 games undefeated. We didn’t quite steamroller the league though as it was a close run thing with Middlesbrough and Brighton. Promotion was only secured in our final home game v QPR and the title then followed on the final day at Charlton. Hopefully this season we will become Champions with many more games to spare!

After we got thumped 3-0 at Hull on Boxing Day me and the youngest lad went to every game after that and believe me Sir Outwood we never looked like we would lose ever again! :p

The Bedlington Terrier
24-01-2023, 05:57 AM
That's when the Charlton fans were protesting,we won 3-0 I think.

I think it was 4-1 Alfie.

alfinyalcabo
24-01-2023, 08:34 AM
Yes,I got the 3 goal gap correct though. 👏