PDA

View Full Version : Matchday Thread: Rams v Hammers

Andy_Faber
25-01-2023, 04:11 PM
This year's acid test, who's going to offer a prediction?

MadAmster
25-01-2023, 04:18 PM
If Wet Spam put out their 1st XI they'll win. Put out the 2nd string we could well win it. A mixture of the 2 and we have a chance. What side will Moyes pick? No idea and won't have until an hour before the kick off.

swaledale
25-01-2023, 04:59 PM
I'm going to be bold and say we will manage a draw at home, but get beaten in the replay, so 1-1 for me even if West ham do put out a strong side, which I expect Moyes will do, they ahve a reasonable chance of winning it.

Geoff Parkstone
25-01-2023, 06:10 PM
I think we will win 2-0 to bag the £ 15,000 prize money. Then hopefully 5th round away to a proper big team, if there are any left

Ramshank72
25-01-2023, 06:35 PM
4-1 Derby. They're fragile, if we get an early goal I can see them crumbling.
Anyone know how to escape from a straight jacket, asking for a friend?

ramAnag
25-01-2023, 09:27 PM
I think we might just nick it. 3-2. Don’t really fancy a replay...still sticking with promotion being more important than the Cup though it may not feel like it on Monday night.

Andy_Faber
30-01-2023, 09:47 PM
Beaten by a better team, BUT if the run of the ball had been kinder after about 15 seconds, who knows. Anyhoo, back to the important task of promotion

Ramshank72
30-01-2023, 09:53 PM
That's life, hopefully a few lessons learned and we get stronger for it.

swaledale
30-01-2023, 09:56 PM
There were one or two instances where the ball didn't run for us and we should ahve had a penalty, but no complaints really, we are toothless without McGoldrick.

My only query is why Warne didn't field more players such as Dobbin and Springett who have not had a lot of game time, but hopefully we can focus on the league and continue our winning streak. Would be really useful to get another striker in before the the window, Collins just doesn't seem likely to score. Roberts looked very usful tonight.

dagenhamJohn
31-01-2023, 07:10 AM
a potential banana skin for us! think we did enough to win fairly tbh,
good luck with your promotion btw! ;D

stay safe now
John.

Ramshank72
31-01-2023, 07:12 AM
a potential banana skin for us! think we did enough to win fairly tbh,
good luck with your promotion btw! ;D

stay safe now
John.

No complaints from me! Good luck with survival

SithHappens
31-01-2023, 07:51 AM
Biggest worry is Birds injury, could be out a few weeks.

Geoff Parkstone
31-01-2023, 08:00 AM
Biggest worry is Birds injury, could be out a few weeks.

Ah well have Bielek back as cover....

SithHappens
31-01-2023, 08:16 AM
Ah well have Bielek back as cover....

He would certainly have done a job.

ramAnag
31-01-2023, 09:30 AM
Bit of a disappointment...not so much the result, that was almost a foregone once it became apparent that McGoldrick wasn’t playing, both brainless and toothless going forward without him.
The whole atmosphere was flat...a lack of belief both on and off the pitch...South Stand totally out-sung by the ‘Cockney Boys’ and the team just outclassed and outfought by West Ham’s multi million £ ‘stars’. They weren’t very good but they were a great deal better than us who - Forsyth, Wildsmith and Roberts apart - had far too many ‘off nights’.
Never mind...keeping a sense of perspective they had one player on the bench worth more than our whole club and Saturday is much more important, but we do need to strengthen today in order to cement that play off place. Warne seemed optimistic on Radio Derby post match that ‘at least’ one deal would be done. Let’s hope so.

Geoff Parkstone
31-01-2023, 10:08 AM
Unless of course that one deal is an "out"

MadAmster
31-01-2023, 10:12 AM
Decent start, got done by a decent goal. Took time to get used to their speed of thought and movement. 0-1 at HT and we were in with a shout. Early 2nd half, an attempted block on a cross saw the ball fly onto Antonio's bonce and that was all she wrote. Should have had a penalty but, all in all, not that disappointed that we don't have a distraction we don't need. Not sure the prospect of OT would have sharpened minds, quite the opposite maybe?

macstheman
31-01-2023, 11:46 AM
Flat!! The Titanic didn't sink any lower.
IMO we were crap as were there crowd!!
If Bird is out sometime that's the icing on the bleeding Cake!!