PDA

View Full Version : We do not appear to be skint now...

The Bedlington Terrier
26-01-2023, 11:29 AM
Three already in and it appears likely another striker is inbound from Swansea.

Terms already agreed, Alan Pace seems to want to back VK now and be 100% ready for the challenges of the EPL in August.

I have had 4 emails already this morning from other Championship team fans telling me "it's not fair" we can add to an already table topping team because of "parachute payments".

I have replied with a generic post telling them to get into the EPL, the money is outrageous. >:)

I have nothing but admiration for the way our chairman operates and no matter how hard I try I can only find one consistent detractor and we all know who that is.XD

I'm not at all hopeful but we are now looking to add two more season tickets to the four we already have.

My grandkids are falling out as to who's "turn it is". :s

Clarets Mad indeed.

Swissclaret
26-01-2023, 04:41 PM
It will be interesting to see the financial position. I am guessing that the debt has been partially paid down and the balance rescheduled to make funds available. However we fare in the PL the money for one year will help enormously in strengthening the company’s finances.

However it is being done, it is great to see the squad being strengthened in this manner with young, talented players being brought in from Belgium and other clubs. VK has to be a massive attraction for these young players, along with Bellamy who is well respected too.

Long may it continue!

Untinted Glasses
26-01-2023, 05:12 PM
It will be interesting to see the financial position. I am guessing that the debt has been partially paid down and the balance rescheduled to make funds available. However we fare in the PL the money for one year will help enormously in strengthening the company’s finances.

However it is being done, it is great to see the squad being strengthened in this manner with young, talented players being brought in from Belgium and other clubs. VK has to be a massive attraction for these young players, along with Bellamy who is well respected too.

Long may it continue!

+1

sinkov
26-01-2023, 05:18 PM
I have had 4 emails already this morning from other Championship team fans telling me "it's not fair" we can add to an already table topping team because of "parachute payments.

We have no 'parachute money', it went on paying the debt off that became due on relegation.

sinkov
26-01-2023, 05:26 PM
I have nothing but admiration for the way our chairman operates and no matter how hard I try I can only find one consistent detractor and we all know who that is.XD

I don't see that pointing out that Mr Pace has loaded the club with debt, which he has, makes anyone a 'detractor', and if you don't like my constant references to the fact that our last balance sheet showed debts of over £100 million, then take that up with Mr Pace himself, it was his signature at the end of the statement, he signed it off, not me, don't shoot the messenger. O:)

The Bedlington Terrier
26-01-2023, 05:36 PM
We have no 'parachute money', it went on paying the debt off that became due on relegation.

I read somewhere last week that parachute payments won't be paid until the season ends and if we get promoted we get no parachute payment at all.

Pace is no mug he knows which end of a balance ledger looks like.

The Bedlington Terrier
26-01-2023, 05:38 PM
I don't see that pointing out that Mr Pace has loaded the club with debt, which he has, makes anyone a 'detractor', and if you don't like my constant references to the fact that our last balance sheet showed debts of over £100 million, then take that up with Mr Pace himself, it was his signature at the end of the statement, he signed it off, not me, don't shoot the messenger. O:)

A recent study into the efficiency of football clubs found that only three scored higher than Sheffield United in the Championship. Fair Game has published its first Sustainability Index.

The table covers the top two leagues and has judged all 44 clubs on financial solvency, good governance, fan engagement and equality standards.

Sheffield United scored high and are in fourth place, behind first place Norwich, Burnley and Swansea. However, it is regarded as the joint best for financial sustainability alongside Sunderland.

The study used four key drivers to come to its conclusion about financial sustainability. They were current assets/liabilities; short-term loans measure; loans repayable within one year as % of revenue and wages as % of revenue.

This lot don't seem to share your pessimism sinkov. ;)

Norder
26-01-2023, 06:07 PM

lets be fair....give thanks to all the "grandees" at Velocity Sports/ALK....(that we know of)

https://media-cdn.incrowdsports.com/74f043db-0f1a-4a68-a8d1-368c27f7f98c.jpg

Alan PACE - Director

KETTERING CAPITAL LIMITED
CALDER VALE HOLDINGS LIMITED
ALK CAPITAL LIMITED
VELOCITY SPORTS PARTNERS LIMITED

Michael Lee SMITH - Director

BURNLEY FC HOLDINGS LIMITED
BURNLEY FOOTBALL & ATHLETIC COMPANY,LIMITED
LONGSIDE PROPERTIES LIMITED
ALK CAPITAL LIMITED

Stuart HUNT - Director

BURNLEY FC WOMEN LIMITED
BURNLEY FC HOLDINGS LIMITED
BURNLEY FOOTBALL & ATHLETIC COMPANY,LIMITED
LONGSIDE PROPERTIES LIMITED
ALK CAPITAL LIMITED

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/12880579/officers

;D

sinkov
26-01-2023, 07:13 PM
I read somewhere last week that parachute payments won't be paid until the season ends and if we get promoted we get no parachute payment at all.

Pace is no mug he knows which end of a balance ledger looks like.

I have no idea mon ami, I'm just repeating what Vinni said about the parachute money in a YouTube interview I saw a couple of days ago. Maybe he was lying, or someone had lied to him?

sinkov
26-01-2023, 07:19 PM
A recent study into the efficiency of football clubs found that only three scored higher than Sheffield United in the Championship. Fair Game has published its first Sustainability Index.

The table covers the top two leagues and has judged all 44 clubs on financial solvency, good governance, fan engagement and equality standards.

Sheffield United scored high and are in fourth place, behind first place Norwich, Burnley and Swansea. However, it is regarded as the joint best for financial sustainability alongside Sunderland.

The study used four key drivers to come to its conclusion about financial sustainability. They were current assets/liabilities; short-term loans measure; loans repayable within one year as % of revenue and wages as % of revenue.

This lot don't seem to share your pessimism sinkov. ;)

It would be no surprise to me if most Championship club's finances were in an even more parlous state than ours.

But yet again I have to refer you back to Mr Pace, it was the Financial Report signed off by him last year that showed we owed more than £100 millon. You can access it easily enough, it's in the public domain, read it yourself if you don't believe me.

The Bedlington Terrier
26-01-2023, 07:30 PM
I have no idea mon ami, I'm just repeating what Vinni said about the parachute money in a YouTube interview I saw a couple of days ago. Maybe he was lying, or someone had lied to him?

These are still serious chunks of change mon ami.

We got about £70 million from the sale of Pope, Collins, Cornet and McNeil and the other odds and sods like Hennessey and Phillips.

We got another £25 million from the sale of Wood.

Every home game is virtually sold out, the club shop is doing a roaring trade, the concessions stands are jam packed, we are filling every away end and the online sales are through the roof.

It's hard to tell exactly what we have spent on incoming players since July, but a quick estimate at the time of going to press is at the £40 million mark, but the squad is valued now at nearer a £100 million and we still have the Weggy business to conclude.

There do not appear to be any malicious creditors on the immediate horizon, a good run in the FA Cup would now be extremely bountiful and I'm looking forward to us giving the Tractor Boys a good hiding on Saturday.

I also took you up on the recommendation for a dinner reservation and I hope to enjoy a great weekend in east Anglia. ;)

sinkov
26-01-2023, 07:40 PM
We immdiately blew half the Wood money on Weghorst. Home games can sell out, our gate money over a season is negligible, around £6 million out of a turnover in our last PL season of around £140 million. Our debt interest will see that gate money off and still leave a bit of interest outstanding.

Have a good trip, I'm jealous, I wish I was going.

kritichris
26-01-2023, 08:10 PM
Being top of the Championship means we get featured more on Sky, it's just a bummer we get the Friday/Sunday games.

The Bedlington Terrier
26-01-2023, 08:16 PM
Being top of the Championship means we get featured more on Sky, it's just a bummer we get the Friday/Sunday games.

A "source" tells me the SKY games net us about £250,000 per game + the gate receipts, and in any body's book that is not to be sniffed at.

The United away League Cup game earned us another half a million quid.

KERCHUNG!

sinkov
26-01-2023, 08:50 PM
A "source" tells me the SKY games net us about £250,000 per game + the gate receipts, and in any body's book that is not to be sniffed at.

The United away League Cup game earned us another half a million quid.

KERCHUNG!

Our gate money plus 8 Sky games should just about pay the interest on our debt. Then there's the debt itself. O:)

The Bedlington Terrier
26-01-2023, 08:54 PM
Our gate money plus 8 Sky games should just about pay the interest on our debt. Then there's the debt itself. O:)

You never struck me before as a worrier, but you are seriously starting to worry me now mon ami.

60 to 100 million quid in debt is peanuts in the EPL.

We are all good, stop thee mithering. ;D

sinkov
26-01-2023, 09:19 PM
You never struck me before as a worrier, but you are seriously starting to worry me now mon ami.

We are all good, stop thee mithering. ;D

Just because we're top pf the league, it's a bit like kids in a chocolate factory on here at the moment, someone's got to take their hands and tell them to calm down and stop gorging themselves, or they'll make themselves sick.

The Bedlington Terrier
26-01-2023, 10:10 PM
Just because we're top pf the league, it's a bit like kids in a chocolate factory on here at the moment, someone's got to take their hands and tell them to calm down and stop gorging themselves, or they'll make themselves sick.

It's called the "Feelgood Factor" mon ami.

We all know football like no-one else how cyclical the game of footy is.

We experienced the horrors of the last 20 minutes of the Orient game but it's our turn to ride the heights just now.

Enjoy it mon ami because it will not last! >:)

kritichris
26-01-2023, 11:46 PM
I tend to go with BT on this, Pace is no fool and he is here for the foreseeable future and does not intend to lose money which means he needs BFC to prosper.

Untinted Glasses
27-01-2023, 07:55 AM
Don't forget how the takeover deal was done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0smoOWCr0w

How much of the debt has been paid off up to now?

sinkov
27-01-2023, 09:15 AM
It's called the "Feelgood Factor" mon ami.

We all know football like no-one else how cyclical the game of footy is.

We experienced the horrors of the last 20 minutes of the Orient game but it's our turn to ride the heights just now.

Enjoy it mon ami because it will not last! >:)

I am enjoying it mon ami, I don't want this season to end, this is as good as it gets, top of the league, good football, a manager and team who command respect and admiration, but it's foolish to imagine that just because we are playing good football and winning a few games that our horrendous debt has magically disappeared. Trust me on this mon ami, it hasn't.

sinkov
27-01-2023, 09:27 AM
I tend to go with BT on this, Pace is no fool and he is here for the foreseeable future and does not intend to lose money which means he needs BFC to prosper.

I wouldn't argue with the basic premise Chris, no one buys a football club with the intention of losing money, but the list of owners who have lost money, and clubs which have gone into admin is longer than Vinni's list of potential signings, and that's longer than his arm.

I have a picture in my mind, it was happy, smiling Portsmouth fans as they lifted the Cup at Wembley in 2008, less than two years later, they were in admin.

sinkov
27-01-2023, 09:48 AM

Thank god you're not on the Board mon ami, it might be peanuts to big city clubs with 70,000 seater stadiums and Arab billionaire owners, but to a small town team with a 20,000 seat stadium it's a killer. Sometimes, often in fact, you are a very silly boy.

The Bedlington Terrier
29-01-2023, 04:21 PM
Thank god you're not on the Board mon ami, it might be peanuts to big city clubs with 70,000 seater stadiums and Arab billionaire owners, but to a small town team with a 20,000 seat stadium it's a killer. Sometimes, often in fact, you are a very silly boy.

You know me sinky gregarious to a fault.

Me and the wife "hit" Ipswich at 9.00 am and I had 7 pre-match pints in 7 different pubs with a few pies and sausage butties. B)

I had the craic with group after group of Ipswich fans and their perception of us was basically the same:
We are loaded.
We are going up.
It's a bit unfair that parachute payments aid our promotion push.
Burnley fans are brilliant.
Can we beat Norwich next week please?
We were going to win with a 3 goal margin.

Post-match in the hotel bar an elderly Ipswich fan said it was his best game of the season. Shared possession and it was better not having 80% of the possession and conceding a daft goal and drawing 1-1.

I think the Tractor Boys are a decent bet for the Championship next season and their fans were wrong about us being loaded and the score-line prediction was wrong too! XD

Great day out though and your restaurant recommendation was absolutely bang on. Awesome meal, and an awesome end to a smashing day. ;D

The Bedlington Terrier
29-01-2023, 04:39 PM
It would be no surprise to me if most Championship club's finances were in an even more parlous state than ours.

But yet again I have to refer you back to Mr Pace, it was the Financial Report signed off by him last year that showed we owed more than £100 millon. You can access it easily enough, it's in the public domain, read it yourself if you don't believe me.

I wish I was this "skint"...

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/other/report-burnley-may-launch-late-offer-for-exciting-player/ar-AA16Q72R?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=3e5da3e83ef44ee182859c7ca7e35786

kritichris
29-01-2023, 05:57 PM
Me and the wife "hit" Ipswich at 9.00 am and I had 7 pre-match pints in 7 different pubs with a few pies and sausage butties. B)

Reminds me of my away days with Rossendale Clarets, Steve always found us good watering holes.

sinkov
29-01-2023, 08:09 PM
I am mightily relieved the restaurant turned out OK mon ami, it's a few years since we were there and you can never be sure can you.

The Bedlington Terrier
29-01-2023, 08:17 PM
I am mightily relieved the restaurant turned out OK mon ami, it's a few years since we were there and you can never be sure can you.

It was totally bloody awesome mon ami, my dining out budget is blown for February, but the wife raved about it and at the end of the day that's what matters.

The Beef Wellington and Crème Brulé are to die for. I promise not to fall out with you for the rest of this week after that tip-off. ;D

Problem is, the wife wants to know when do we play Ipswich again? :O

kritichris
29-01-2023, 10:45 PM
Problem is, the wife wants to know when do we play Ipswich again? :O

Does she know Norwich is only an hour awa?

The Bedlington Terrier
30-01-2023, 03:37 AM
Does she know Norwich is only an hour awa?

Indeed she does k_c, it's the 4 and a half hour drive to get there she's not keen on. :?

sinkov
30-01-2023, 07:58 AM
Indeed she does k_c, it's the 4 and a half hour drive to get there she's not keen on. :?

Four and a half hours, you should be so lucky mon ami, I love visiting Norwich, but 45 minutes after leaving our house, we're just passing Ramsbottom. :blue:

The Bedlington Terrier
30-01-2023, 08:10 AM
Four and a half hours, you should be so lucky mon ami, I love visiting Norwich, but 45 minutes after leaving our house, we're just passing Ramsbottom. :blue:

It's just the luck of the draw sinkov, yesterday we did the A14, M1, A500, M6, M60 and home within 4.5 hrs pit stop included. B)

Have a safe journey. :cool:

sinkov
30-01-2023, 08:21 AM
It's surprising just how out of the way Clitheroe is, and we live a couple of miles the other side of it. 35 minutes to get psrked up for Turf Moor, 45/50 minutes to Rammy, an hour to the M62, 40 minutes to the M6 at Preston. Any serious journey south and after driving for an hour we just don't seem to have got anywhere, we're still in deepest Lancashire. :blue:

The Bedlington Terrier
30-01-2023, 11:16 AM
It's surprising just how out of the way Clitheroe is, and we live a couple of miles the other side of it. 35 minutes to get psrked up for Turf Moor, 45/50 minutes to Rammy, an hour to the M62, 40 minutes to the M6 at Preston. Any serious journey south and after driving for an hour we just don't seem to have got anywhere, we're still in deepest Lancashire. :blue:

Swings and roundabouts mon ami, swings and roundabouts. :P

outwoodclaret
30-01-2023, 11:57 AM
Swings and roundabouts mon ami, swings and roundabouts. :P

If sinkov is having to negotiate swings as well as roundabouts on his journey I can see why it is taking him so long to get anywhere let alone Ramsbottom. Perhaps the Parks Department could remove the swings and a sandpit or two.

The Bedlington Terrier
30-01-2023, 12:39 PM
If sinkov is having to negotiate swings as well as roundabouts on his journey I can see why it is taking him so long to get anywhere let alone Ramsbottom. Perhaps the Parks Department could remove the swings and a sandpit or two.

I'm more interested in establishing what level of debt we are carrying and whether or not we can afford to service it Sir Outwood.

The signs suggest we can - with ease.

I renewed my season tickets on the Early Bird offer this morning, the lass in the ticket office said she has never seen anything like it.

KERCHUNG!

Sinkov can negotiate his own swings and roundabouts. XD

sinkov
30-01-2023, 03:30 PM
I'm more interested in establishing what level of debt we are carrying and whether or not we can afford to service it Sir Outwood.

The signs suggest we can - with ease.

I renewed my season tickets on the Early Bird offer this morning, the lass in the ticket office said she has never seen anything like it.

KERCHUNG!

Sinkov can negotiate his own swings and roundabouts. XD

We can max out the stadium every game and we still won't rake in much more than £6 million over a season, might just about buy us the top half of Chris Wood, or the bottom half, it's negotiable. They can increase the price by 33%, not that they'd dare, but if they did it would bring in just another £2 million, then we could buy two thirds of Chris Wood, in PL terms our gate money is virtually irrelevant.

We will never be kerchunging in the PL, financially we will always be on the outside looking in, and in the end it will catch up with us. Just a matter of when, not if.

The Bedlington Terrier
30-01-2023, 05:10 PM
We can max out the stadium every game and we still won't rake in much more than £6 million over a season, might just about buy us the top half of Chris Wood, or the bottom half, it's negotiable. They can increase the price by 33%, not that they'd dare, but if they did it would bring in just another £2 million, then we could buy two thirds of Chris Wood, in PL terms our gate money is virtually irrelevant.

We will never be kerchunging in the PL, financially we will always be on the outside looking in, and in the end it will catch up with us. Just a matter of when, not if.

I'd be totally bloody gobsmacked mon ami if ALK have not already or are now looking for the billion dollar man who wants to buy an EPL club on the cheap - relatively speaking. :o

The Bedlington Terrier
30-01-2023, 05:11 PM

It will service the debt though sinkov. :p

sinkov
30-01-2023, 08:23 PM
It will service the debt though sinkov. :p

It will indeed, then when we've paid the debt off and there is no interest, we can buy two thirds of Chris Wood with it, or whatever the equivalent will be, whenever that happy event occurs.

The Bedlington Terrier
30-01-2023, 09:17 PM
It will indeed, then when we've paid the debt off and there is no interest, we can buy two thirds of Chris Wood with it, or whatever the equivalent will be, whenever that happy event occurs.

Think post #38 mon ami, I can see no other logic behind the ALK plan, which I must say is going exactly to plan. ;D

sinkov
30-01-2023, 10:44 PM
Think post #38 mon ami, I can see no other logic behind the ALK plan, which I must say is going exactly to plan. ;D

I don't think they have a plan, they're flying by the seat of their pants.

The Bedlington Terrier
31-01-2023, 06:53 AM
I don't think they have a plan, they're flying by the seat of their pants.

I think these three dudes are a whole lot brighter than you give them credit for mon ami.

The squad they have assembled in less than six months might just walk back into the EPL on the first bounce and stay there. ;D

sinkov
31-01-2023, 09:48 AM
I think these three dudes are a whole lot brighter than you give them credit for mon ami.

The squad they have assembled in less than six months might just walk back into the EPL on the first bounce and stay there. ;D

Those three dudes have not assembled this squad, nor are they responsible for the style of play and the success it's bringing. That is down, if not exclusively, then mostly, to one man, Vincent Kompany, a man who can walk out the door at any moment. And as an astute and successful business man yourself, you should know that is not the sort of enterprise you'd be investing your children's inheritance in.

The Bedlington Terrier
31-01-2023, 10:00 AM
Those three dudes have not assembled this squad, nor are they responsible for the style of play and the success it's bringing. That is down, if not exclusively, then mostly, to one man, Vincent Kompany, a man who can walk out the door at any moment. And as an astute and successful business man yourself, you should know that is not the sort of enterprise you'd be investing your children's inheritance in.

When Burnley hit the EPL in April or May how much would you value the whole kit'n'kaboodle at mon ami? £250 million? I reckon that puts ALK about £100 million up.

Let's not forget who went out and recruited VK to do the job he is doing.

No prevarication, no messing, he was in and off and running and Pace and Co. have given him their full 100% backing and commitment.

Hell of a job guys, hell of a job and not a single murmur of discontent from the Turf Moor faithful with one notable exception. :rolleyes:

sinkov
31-01-2023, 10:30 AM
When Burnley hit the EPL in April or May how much would you value the whole kit'n'kaboodle at mon ami? £250 million? I reckon that puts ALK about £100 million up.

Let's not forget who went out and recruited VK to do the job he is doing.

No prevarication, no messing, he was in and off and running and Pace and Co. have given him their full 100% backing and commitment.

Hell of a job guys, hell of a job and not a single murmur of discontent from the Turf Moor faithful with one notable exception. :rolleyes:

How do you value a football club mon ami, especially a PL club, I have no idea, does anyone, I would say there are far too many variables, future earnings for instance, impossible to forecast when 15% of PL clubs lose their PL status every season. In Burnley's case, how much debt is still on the balance sheet, when is it due to be repsid, what % of turnover will the wage bill be next season ?

In one respect I think Vinni is being very astute, he is loading the squad with players now, rather than wait until summer when, as a PL team, every club we want to deal with will automatically put £10 million plus on the price of any player we want.

Rather presumptious of you mon ami, to assume you can speak for 18,000 faithful Burnley fans, but may I remind you I was also a lone voice pointing out the deficincies in Samuel Bastien's game after Huddersfield, six months later and you finally concede I had a point. Not to mention you're rubbishing of My Man At Turf Moor when he told you Vinni had a list of potential signings as long as his arm, and still the signings are arriving on an almost daily basis,

Correct me if I'm right eh ?;D

The Bedlington Terrier
31-01-2023, 11:19 AM
How do you value a football club mon ami, especially a PL club, I have no idea, does anyone, I would say there are far too many variables, future earnings for instance, impossible to forecast when 15% of PL clubs lose their PL status every season. In Burnley's case, how much debt is still on the balance sheet, when is it due to be repsid, what % of turnover will the wage bill be next season ?

In one respect I think Vinni is being very astute, he is loading the squad with players now, rather than wait until summer when, as a PL team, every club we want to deal with will automatically put £10 million plus on the price of any player we want.

Rather presumptious of you mon ami, to assume you can speak for 18,000 faithful Burnley fans, but may I remind you I was also a lone voice pointing out the deficincies in Samuel Bastien's game after Huddersfield, six months later and you finally concede I had a point. Not to mention you're rubbishing of My Man At Turf Moor when he told you Vinni had a list of potential signings as long as his arm, and still the signings are arriving on an almost daily basis,

Correct me if I'm right eh ?;D

I do believe you are the Mail's Clarets' dedicated ghost writer mon ami...

The Bedlington Terrier
31-01-2023, 11:29 AM
I do talk to an awful lot of Burnley fans sinkov, I get loads of social media feedback from the Clarets Mad muses and avidly read all of the fan forums on social media. I can not find a detractor about Alan Pace, you still hear the "debt" word every now and then, but no "Yanks are b@stards" type comments.

Regarding Bastien, the lads and lasses sat round us on Saturday at Portman Road all seem convinced Bastien is a bad egg, but VK's stock is so high at present he's getting a free pass on the Bastien and Churlinov acquisitions.

I'm not convinced by either of them to be honest. :blue:

On the matter of your mate, my mate says he got lucky because he thinks the potential sale of Weggy is bankrolling the latest round of acquisitions.

No-one saw that one coming - not even your mate, but my mate got the Obafemi acquisition spot on. >;)

d

sinkov
31-01-2023, 02:57 PM
On the matter of your mate, my mate says he got lucky because he thinks the potential sale of Weggy is bankrolling the latest round of acquisitions.

No-one saw that one coming - not even your mate, but my mate got the Obafemi acquisition spot on. >;)

I wouldn't say he's my mate mon ami, but he certainly did know it was coming, as did every other member of the first team squad. He says very little actually, but when he does say something, you know it will be right.

The Bedlington Terrier
31-01-2023, 03:23 PM
I wouldn't say he's my mate mon ami, but he certainly did know it was coming, as did every other member of the first team squad. He says very little actually, but when he does say something, you know it will be right.

Did he know Weggy was Old Trafford bound because I don't think even VK did? I'll hold my hand up though, he said numbers were inbound and we have six in through the door. >;)