PDA

View Full Version : The last time I had alcohol

WBA1955
04-02-2023, 01:08 PM
was January 18. The last time I popped to the pub.
Before that I went from October 2020 to March 2021 without a drink, didn't even bother with the Christmas period.
I am lucky that I don't get addicted or dependant on something.
I can fancy a cigarette, buy a packet then not bother again for years. I have smoked grass when people have given me some but never craved it, I prefer a pint of beer to be honest.
I have never had a lifelong friend I grew up with from childhood. Once I changed/left school and jobs I left it all behind, never went back never looked back, it's gone, let go.
The closest thing I ever came close to being addicted to was the Albion but that went the same way as everything else years ago.

Want to hear something that always makes me laugh? I knew a bloke who went to the Labour Club every night and Margate every year.
Alan Whicker he wasn't.
😂😂😂😂😂😂

mickd1961
04-02-2023, 02:49 PM
1978 was when I stopped drinking.

Dubbag
04-02-2023, 03:14 PM

Never a drinking person. Just didn't do it for me.... a spliff, that was more my cup of tea.

baggieal
04-02-2023, 04:15 PM
1976 when I stopped eating chocolate and from 10 eating banana, baked beans and eggs - yuk!

WBA1955
04-02-2023, 04:29 PM

Nothing wrong with being teetotal.
Social drinking is okay but the state some people get in and the relationships it's ruined is there for all to see.
I have had too much at times but I never cause trouble. But some people get hammered every weekend. That's not good.
When I do go out it's usually two or three nights a week, or if my son comes back an afternoon drink down the Navigation.
I usually have three or four pints.

baggieal
04-02-2023, 04:47 PM
Nothing wrong with being teetotal.
Social drinking is okay but the state some people get in and the relationships it's ruined is there for all to see.
I have had too much at times but I never cause trouble. But some people get hammered every weekend. That's not good.
When I do go out it's usually two or three nights a week, or if my son comes back an afternoon drink down the Navigation.
I usually have three or four pints.

Everyone should do what makes them happy as long as it does not cause issues for others.

When I was a travel rep in Benidorm even many over 70’s were at it with room swopping etc. Sad life if you get to 60 plus and your only form of exercise is a treadmill 😂

Mr Hayes the Travel Agent worth millions kicked his clogs in his head office - FFS. Go out with a bang on the job with the Mrs or on a cruise ship but head office!!! Silly c unt!