PDA

View Full Version : European Super League

kettering_baggie
09-02-2023, 08:46 PM
Here we go again, new proposals, sort of, emerge to promote the idea of a European Super League. We all knew that this idea would never go away. This would be a real threat to all the domestic leagues across Europe but the advocates don’t care, do they, it’s all about raking in the cash and the richest getting even richer. Unfortunately, I don’t think that these people will ever give up. It’s just greed.

mickd1961
09-02-2023, 08:53 PM
I hope the big six f u c k off.
I honestly don’t think they’d be missed.

Dubbag
09-02-2023, 09:05 PM
I hope the big six f u c k off.
I honestly don’t think they’d be missed.

I think winning your national league should be regarded as a great achievement and not a stepping stone to greater riches...
The Champions league has never interested me as Albion have never come close to qualifying for it.
So yes they can all go b u g g e r off.

soulman101
09-02-2023, 09:19 PM
Used to watch the European cup matches , but have never watched any Champions,runners up 3rd place and 4th place cup

mickd1961
09-02-2023, 09:30 PM
I think winning your national league should be regarded as a great achievement and not a stepping stone to greater riches...
The Champions league has never interested me as Albion have never come close to qualifying for it.
So yes they can all go b u g g e r off.

I’d let them go and if they want to still continue competing in domestic football they have to have a completely separate squad and players are not allowed to switch squads once a season has commenced.

These B teams must be subject to relegation as well.

Omegstrat6
10-02-2023, 12:36 AM
Let them get on with it. Money is the main driver of the differences between the so called "top/big" clubs and the rest. It's far from a level playing field these days and the balance between business and sport in the game has slid far too much in the wrong direction. If they went maybe the premiership would be more competitive rather than the same old clubs being at the top end nearly all the time?

albion68
10-02-2023, 03:05 PM
The so called big/money clubs in Europe mostly win every competition in there respected countries,so can you imagine if say there’s 15 super league teams.there can only be one winner and some team as to finnsh in the bottom 3.Man U. Barcelona.or whoever finnsh bottom they ain’t gonna like it.