PDA

View Full Version : Aro Muric?

The Bedlington Terrier
13-02-2023, 01:50 PM
Never in my life have I seen anything like him. Is he a sweeper, a midfield player with goalie gloves on or an actual goalkeeper? I'm f*cked if I know. :confused:

Unless you were actually at the PNE game or saw the whole game live streamed, you will not believe that for 85 minutes + he was not in his penalty box! :O

Claret_Matelot
13-02-2023, 01:55 PM
I will stop being nervous when he starts to command his 6 yard box and pluck the ball out of the air from corners and crosses in to the box. He is the perfect goalkeeper for the style of play that we have adopted BUT I can't be the only one who is nervous when the opposition get a corner or a dead ball opportunity near our penalty box.

The Bedlington Terrier
13-02-2023, 02:27 PM
I will stop being nervous when he starts to command his 6 yard box and pluck the ball out of the air from corners and crosses in to the box. He is the perfect goalkeeper for the style of play that we have adopted BUT I can't be the only one who is nervous when the opposition get a corner or a dead ball opportunity near our penalty box.

I crap myself C_M but his fellow defenders don't seem to be affected so who am I to complain? :o

The Bedlington Terrier
13-02-2023, 02:40 PM
I hope this link opens...

https://twitter.com/kosovarfootball/status/1624794225781968896?t=XabAR5LmLKXeMBjIQWsPLA&s=08&fbclid=IwAR2gxfNyxTq2Fm5_mVl5JlX9Gaxtz3e8KoUQBg0Yc 7PT87DBHMAl1iG3gdk

Untinted Glasses
13-02-2023, 02:51 PM
Never in my life have I seen anything like him. Is he a sweeper, a midfield player with goalie gloves on or an actual goalkeeper? I'm f*cked if I know. :confused:

Unless you were actually at the PNE game or saw the whole game live streamed, you will not believe that for 85 minutes + he was not in his penalty box! :O

Absolutely awesome to watch.

sinkov
13-02-2023, 03:31 PM
Proper man of the world is Aro, he plays and lives in England, was born in Switzerland, has Kosovan, Swiss and Montenegrin passports and his parents are Albanian. I'm sure he could qualify for a British passport as well should he want one, but when he's got three already. why would he want another ? That would be greedy. >;)

The Bedlington Terrier
13-02-2023, 04:17 PM
Proper man of the world is Aro, he plays and lives in England, was born in Switzerland, has Kosovan, Swiss and Montenegrin passports and his parents are Albanian. I'm sure he could qualify for a British passport as well should he want one, but when he's got three already. why would he want another ? That would be greedy. >;)

Lol! I'm not sure whether he is Superman in disguise sinkov or plain f*cking bonkers. :confused:

sinkov
13-02-2023, 07:49 PM
Lol! I'm not sure whether he is Superman in disguise sinkov or plain f*cking bonkers. :confused:

We'll find out next season. >;)

sinkov
14-02-2023, 11:12 PM
We'll find out next season. >;)

FFS I'm wrong again, no need to wait, we know now. God help us if he's between the sticks in the PL.:blue:

As a goalkeeper, he's a joke.

The Bedlington Terrier
14-02-2023, 11:14 PM
FFS I'm wrong again, no need to wait, we know now. God help us if he's between the sticks in the PL.:blue:

As a goalkeeper, he's a joke.

I'll have about 20 nightmares tonight, all the eejit had to do was take a step back and catch the ball, instead he tries to f*cking knee it! WTF!

Claret_Matelot
15-02-2023, 09:23 AM
I rest my case m'Lord...

kritichris
15-02-2023, 10:29 AM
Who is our goalkeeper coach, surely they will have pointed out his shortcomings?

sinkov
15-02-2023, 10:46 AM
I'll have about 20 nightmares tonight, all the eejit had to do was take a step back and catch the ball, instead he tries to f*cking knee it! WTF!

When you watch the replays, he didn't even have to step back, he was well inside the penalty area, all he had to do was catch it. Maybe he didn't actually know where he was, but he should have done, he'd only just dropped back into the penalty area. Anyway Vinni had seen enough, is there any way back for him, or has he peed on his chips with Vinni now ?

Vintage Claret
15-02-2023, 11:17 AM
In his after match interview Vincent said Muric was unwell that is why he was substituted. I wonder if he felt unwell because Vincent had shown him how and where to use the knee.

The Bedlington Terrier
15-02-2023, 12:58 PM
When you watch the replays, he didn't even have to step back, he was well inside the penalty area, all he had to do was catch it. Maybe he didn't actually know where he was, but he should have done, he'd only just dropped back into the penalty area. Anyway Vinni had seen enough, is there any way back for him, or has he peed on his chips with Vinni now ?

I've seen every game BPF has played for us live this season, I'm surprised how he has "bulked up" and I feel a lot more comfortable when he's between the sticks.

His distribution is not as good as Muric's but we'd be two points better off he had played last night. Just saying.

sinkov
15-02-2023, 01:15 PM
I've seen every game BPF has played for us live this season, I'm surprised how he has "bulked up" and I feel a lot more comfortable when he's between the sticks.

His distribution is not as good as Muric's but we'd be two points better off he had played last night. Just saying.

It's a no-brainer for me mon ami, BPF starts, but how will Vinni see it, he obviously has more faith in Muric than I do, and he's the boss, he picks the team. My only involvement is hiding behind the settee when the ball goes near him, it's a competition between me and Matelot, who can get behind the settee quickest.

Do you just shut your eyes ? ;D

The Bedlington Terrier
15-02-2023, 01:18 PM
It's a no-brainer for me mon ami, BPF starts, but how will Vinni see it, he obviously has more faith in Muric than I do, and he's the boss, he picks the team. My only involvement is hiding behind the settee when the ball goes near him, it's a competition between me and Matelot, who can get behind the settee quickest.

My wife says my face contorts like I'm trying to ease the constipation problem!

Claret_Matelot
16-02-2023, 10:19 AM

I just think 'Oh God!! Ready for a FFS....

kritichris
17-02-2023, 12:01 PM
Quote from JC
In my teams, the goalie is the first attacker, and the striker the first defender.
Seems the same for VK

Norder
17-02-2023, 05:06 PM

Wotfor Game.

Yes, Muric made a mess of it, but what of Ekdal, he made contact with the ball but not convincingly, causing Muric to go for the bal but Wotfor had possession before he could reach it, they then took the ball out of the penalty area, giving us time to recoup, at that point, it was need for speed (not a leisurely trot) to help defend it . Muric had enough time to return to his goal area, but he wasn't alone, so who didn't deal with Pedro, and why ?

;D

The Bedlington Terrier
17-02-2023, 08:31 PM

Wotfor Game.

Yes, Muric made a mess of it, but what of Ekdal, he made contact with the ball but not convincingly, causing Muric to go for the bal but Wotfor had possession before he could reach it, they then took the ball out of the penalty area, giving us time to recoup, at that point, it was need for speed (not a leisurely trot) to help defend it . Muric had enough time to return to his goal area, but he wasn't alone, so who didn't deal with Pedro, and why ?

;D

It was a calamity all round Norder, rabbits in the headlights and all that.

I hope Muric's head settles and he's only had two sleepless nights since Tuesday. :O

Norder
17-02-2023, 09:01 PM
It was a calamity all round Norder, rabbits in the headlights and all that.

I hope Muric's head settles and he's only had two sleepless nights since Tuesday. :O

....he's slept like a baby ;)

because it not as if the goal came "directly" following his blooper - as said, there were others involved in the Calamity.

Ekdal.
https://i.postimg.cc/cL4nSfZK/Ekdal-Burnley-v-Watford.gif

;D

kritichris
18-02-2023, 12:01 AM
I must admit that when i read a post about it i thought the ball had been banged in directly from muric's blunder but seeing the highlights it was followed by a fair bit of play where the defence looked just as guilty, ie. it was a defensive team effort that conceded the goal.

Norder
18-02-2023, 12:25 AM
I must admit that when i read a post about it i thought the ball had been banged in directly from muric's blunder but seeing the highlights it was followed by a fair bit of play where the defence looked just as guilty, ie. it was a defensive team effort that conceded the goal.

https://www.gifcen.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/thumbs-up-gif-1.gif

Norder
18-02-2023, 02:12 AM

https://i.postimg.cc/cL4nSfZK/Ekdal-Burnley-v-Watford.gif

for additional examination......

right click the above gif and save to computer/desktop.....open it and - + Zoom in + - Insted of Edkal making an easy header to clear it....he decides to let the ball fall to his heel for what looks to be an elegant back flick, "unfortunately", it travelled to a Wotfor player.

XD

The Bedlington Terrier
18-02-2023, 07:09 AM
Aro's absolved. Hurrah & hallelujah! XD

The Bedlington Terrier
18-02-2023, 12:55 PM
Just for a bit of light relief, my grandson rang me this morning (we are off to London on Monday and will take in the Millwall game)) and asked if I thought Aro Matic would play on Tuesday. I've heard Aro called worse lately. ;D

kritichris
18-02-2023, 01:17 PM
Aro Matic, sounds like something that should keep a clean sheet.

alfinyalcabo
18-02-2023, 02:49 PM
He's playing.

The Bedlington Terrier
18-02-2023, 02:50 PM
Aro Matic, sounds like something that should keep a clean sheet.

Lol! Hope he doesn't have another stinker though! XD

sinkov
19-02-2023, 10:35 AM
Just to take opinion out of it, I thought I'd check the stats, turns out Aro is 8th on the % of saves made list, makes him just above average for the division then, nothing spectacular, but not disastrous either. West Brom's Alex Palmer is top.

The Bedlington Terrier
19-02-2023, 10:41 AM
Just to take opinion out of it, I thought I'd check the stats, turns out Aro is 8th on the % of saves made list, makes him just above average for the division then, nothing spectacular, but not disastrous either. West Brom's Alex Palmer is top.

I'll bet he tops the most passes completed list though sinkov. ;D

sinkov
19-02-2023, 11:05 AM
I'll bet he tops the most passes completed list though sinkov. ;D

Surprisingly he doesn't, he's 2nd, Cardiff's Ryan Allsop tops that list. Maybe Barrie or Mal can throw some light on that one ?

The Bedlington Terrier
19-02-2023, 11:40 AM
Surprisingly he doesn't, he's 2nd, Cardiff's Ryan Allsop tops that list. Maybe Barrie or Mal can throw some light on that one ?

Perplexed at that to be honest.

barrie_burn
19-02-2023, 06:16 PM
I'll ask my mate,he goes to every game.They don't do much with his passes though obviously.