PDA

View Full Version : The EU - anyone changed their mind and would vote differently?

The Bedlington Terrier
19-02-2023, 12:32 PM
There's a real argument raging on a FB forum and a lot of folks seemingly want to vote again and go back.

No going back for me. Thoughts please?

outwoodclaret
19-02-2023, 02:31 PM
No going back for me into a political union. A customs union possibly. We have traded with Europe since pre Roman times and we should continue to trade on the best possible terms.

kritichris
19-02-2023, 03:42 PM
I'm still a remainer though I suppose it should be a rejoiner now.

barrie_burn
19-02-2023, 06:09 PM
We're out,stay out and sod em

alfinyalcabo
19-02-2023, 06:59 PM
We're out,stay out and sod em
X2

The Bedlington Terrier
19-02-2023, 07:01 PM
X2

We don't do "Cap in hand" Alfie - F*ck 'em. >;)

Supersub6
19-02-2023, 07:04 PM
I would vote exactly the same as I did before because, with all the crap that has happened since the referendum, there has been nothing to change my mind.

Norder
19-02-2023, 07:15 PM

I had to laugh when I saw the title of the thread.....that when translated through truth specs reads something like "Should we return power to unaccountable unelected bureaucratic globalist puppets of banker/corporate overlords...that've transformed europe into an ununified shlitouse of discontent"
...the answer is effortless, unless your a servile halfwit, but anyhow, the Vote is for muppets that live in a world of fiction and fairy stories, so as we're on the right road, lets continue to the next port of call thats ready for a good purging - our own corrupted system of machinating shysters.

;D

The Bedlington Terrier
19-02-2023, 07:19 PM

I had to laugh when I saw the title of the thread.....that when translated through truth specs reads something like "Should we return power to unaccountable unelected bureaucratic globalist puppets of banker/corporate overlords...that've transformed europe into an ununified shlitouse of discontent"
...the answer is effortless, unless your a servile halfwit, but anyhow, the Vote is for muppets that live in a world of fiction and fairy stories, so as we're on the right road, lets continue to the next port of call thats ready for a good purging - our own corrupted system of machinating shysters.

;D

Wins best post of the year does this one Norder, and it's not even March yet. XD

Norder
19-02-2023, 07:37 PM

Wins best post of the year does this one Norder, and it's not even March yet. XD

early days BT.....with an abundance of Quality competition !

;D

but amounts to nothing, unless.....we come together - our opinion in harmony.

https://c.files.bbci.co.uk/8FEF/production/_88274863_pic4.jpg

;)

sinkov
19-02-2023, 08:15 PM
If anyone wants to live in the EU, then feck off and live there, it's still quite easy. My only regret is that we never got Brexit, just a half-baked Brino cobbled together by traitor May and her treacherous civil servant, specifically designed so that we're still shackled to the corpse.

sinkov
19-02-2023, 08:42 PM
Why anyone would want to re-join this vile organisation beats me.

"British patients being blocked from Brexit-agreed EU scheme.

People forced to ‘jump through hoops of fire’ to access European treatment they are entitled to. NHS patients claim they are being “blocked” from using a reciprocal post-Brexit healthcare agreement which would allow them to receive treatment quicker abroad. The scheme, known as the S2 funding route, allows patients to undergo planned treatment, such as hip operations, in a European Union country through its state healthcare system. The UK remained part of the scheme after exiting the EU as part of the Withdrawal Agreement, and EU residents are similarly entitled to apply for treatment on the NHS. But patients report having to “jump through hoops of fire” to be approved, while waiting months in pain in NHS backlogs. To be approved under the scheme a doctor must confirm the wait for treatment on the NHS would count as an “undue delay”.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/02/19/british-patients-blocked-brexit-agreed-eu-patient-schemes/

The Bedlington Terrier
19-02-2023, 08:57 PM
The f*ckers had me and the wife waiting so long to get through passport control in Munich our bags were the only ones left on the carousel. Not impressed. :mad:

sinkov
19-02-2023, 09:08 PM
The f*ckers had me and the wife waiting so long to get through passport control in Munich our bags were the only ones left on the carousel. Not impressed. :mad:

They're vindictive ****s mon ami, it's why I don't buy anything from EU countries I can source elsewhere, I miss my bottles of Leoville-Barton and Puligny Montrachet on birthdays and anniversaries, but I'll live without them just to spite the ****s.

kritichris
19-02-2023, 11:59 PM
possibly they're being vindictive because we slapped them in the face and kicked them in the nuts but who are we to bear a grudge, we only cost them and us a few billions?
?

The Bedlington Terrier
20-02-2023, 06:53 AM
possibly they're being vindictive because we slapped them in the face and kicked them in the nuts but who are we to bear a grudge, we only cost them and us a few billions?
?

Meanwhile Audi, BMW, Mercedes and VW continue to flood our roads with vehicles while Aldi and Lidl have more stores than I've had hot dinners.

kritichris
20-02-2023, 09:31 AM
Meanwhile Audi, BMW, Mercedes and VW continue to flood our roads with vehicles while Aldi and Lidl have more stores than I've had hot dinners.

Don't forget Landrover BT, they're German now. Meanwhile British stores, pubs and businesses are closing on a daily basis including those of the great Brexiteer Tim Martin.

outwoodclaret
20-02-2023, 09:49 AM
Our lack of firepower is surely going to cost us our rightful place in Europe.

sinkov
20-02-2023, 10:07 AM
?

The UK held a referendum on whether to remain within or to leave the auspices of the EU, as allowed for under the EU's own regulations. I fail to see how any democratic institution, as the EU claims to be, could consider the democratic decision of the British people to be a slap in the face or a kick in the nuts, unless of course that supposedly democratic institution has actually an utter contempt for democracy.

Norder
22-02-2023, 07:52 PM

When the European Parliament promotes morbid artworks involving children

Question for written answer E-000281/2023/rev.1
to the Commission
Rule 138
Aurélia Beigneux (ID)

Pieces by Swedish painter, graphic artist and sculptor Lena Birgitta Cronqvist Tunström are currently on display in the corridors of the European Parliament in Brussels. These extremely questionable pieces, produced by an artist who unmistakeably draws inspiration from the macabre, are in full view of all who pass by.

Lena Cronqvist’s supposedly artistic world depicts naked adults alongside children and infants being gutted or placed in jars, and the artist has no qualms about placing herself in these truly morbid scenes. The artist’s perverse obsessions, which are morally objectionable in themselves, should never have been put on display at the European Parliament, particularly at a time when child abuse and crimes committed against children continue to be of major concern to EU citizens.

https://www.europarl.europa.eu/doceo/document/E-9-2023-000281_EN.html

https://i.postimg.cc/tJNDNtzn/63d835b59ae07-X5f94-M-e1676913454412.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/13GRcgxh/eu3-e1676913582982.png

....get the picture ?

:mad:

army88
23-02-2023, 03:39 AM
There's a real argument raging on a FB forum and a lot of folks seemingly want to vote again and go back.

No going back for me. Thoughts please?
No my decision would be leave as before, all this did though was expose our politicians for what they are ——-/ selfish idiots who couldn’t run a tombola never mind a country.

Untinted Glasses
23-02-2023, 09:12 AM
I voted out and obviously still vote out.

Those who voted to remain should on principle vote out if ever it comes back to the table.

Too many rich people/companies that "leave" didn't suit them.

sinkov
23-02-2023, 12:09 PM
"Brexit to blame for supermarket fruit and veg rationing, says retail chief "

More bollox from a Remoaner, I was on Clitheroe market yesterday, our usual stall had no cauliflowers, went up to the other one, they had dozens of them, all French.

The Bedlington Terrier
23-02-2023, 03:25 PM
No my decision would be leave as before, all this did though was expose our politicians for what they are ——-/ selfish idiots who couldn’t run a tombola never mind a country.

And now they want to interfere with the EPL. No bloody thank you. :s

The Bedlington Terrier
23-02-2023, 03:28 PM
"Brexit to blame for supermarket fruit and veg rationing, says retail chief "

More bollox from a Remoaner, I was on Clitheroe market yesterday, our usual stall had no cauliflowers, went up to the other one, they had dozens of them, all French.

I'll stick with the facts mon ami, the adverse weather is to blame, but nip over to Ormskirk - the veg stalls are packed with local good stuff!