PDA

View Full Version : Agm

weegiearab
21-02-2023, 08:37 AM
A thread for updates! Planned protest outside the ground for 1030am.

Arabknight
21-02-2023, 12:28 PM
Protests at tanny this morning.

Clearly things are not right behind the scenes. I have sat on the fence and at times stood up for TA but nothing can legislate for the negligence and sheer incompetence of the January window for us, and I’m sorry but this lies at the feet of one man.

The position we are in has been wholly avoidable. The 5 year plan appears to be solely based on profitability and not sustainability. We are hurtling towards the championship and the board with TA at the helm appear to be more concerned about saving and making money. Any other team in our position wld be attempting to move heaven and earth to prevent this but we appear to be non plussed about the whole thing.

Although I don’t like to see such scenes at our club this appears to be the only way the club may sit up and take notice.

the_arab
21-02-2023, 12:35 PM
The 5 year plan appears to be solely based on profitability and not sustainability.

TBH as angry as i am right now, i don't think that was the 5 year plan.

IMHO covid and horrendous recruitment/changing managers etc ruined the 5 year plan, and Ogren is out way more money than he anticipated. A recession is coming and the value of everything will tank including whatever assets he has in other things like property, businesses etc.

I think the 5-year plan has stopped and it's now a case of him trying to get as much money back short-term as he possibly can.

The bizarre thing is, that you don't need to spend as much as Ogren tried to, even a fraction of it should be more than some of the teams in the league

TerryTheTerror
21-02-2023, 12:58 PM
If there a recession coming in USA? I'd imagine that's where most of his investment is.

the_arab
21-02-2023, 01:08 PM
If there a recession coming in USA? I'd imagine that's where most of his investment is.

my work, which is an American-owned company is gearing up for it. Seeing loads of US head office companies laying off employees in big numbers like Google, Microsoft etc... they are readying themselves for it

TerryTheTerror
21-02-2023, 01:12 PM
I'm not sure that's the reasons why the large IT companies are letting staff go. I think they overestimated the long term need while the COVID pandemic happened and didn't see things returning to normality afterwards to the extent that it has. It left then all with far too much staff and there has been a rectification. Pretty bad they all made the same mistake but that's what it seems to be.

TerryTheTerror
21-02-2023, 01:15 PM
But I don't know much about the economy over there and hopefully that isn't what's going on here.

offshore_arab83
21-02-2023, 04:39 PM
nae plans of changing manager or SD

cost base needs reducing and he has no plans to put in any additional money

says hes committed to the club and isnt looking at selling, business wise he is happy as seemingly we're in a good place

someone told MO he didnt have a clue and he disagreed

best one for me is this though...we are in a better position than we were 5 years ago, i cant believe the doom and gloom around the club, the success is down to Tony's work and he is my man ( OYF )

Actually, nah, this is the best bit 'it's not the end of the world if we get relegated because we will come straight back up'

ROLL ON THE NORSEMAN IN GREENOCK B@STARDING MORTON

TerryTheTerror
21-02-2023, 04:46 PM
A fine boozer. 😢

geofoxposse
22-02-2023, 04:39 AM
Agree with the arab, about the economy, recession etc etc and him trying to recoup or solidify his investments.

Maybe we should get Klaus Schwab as the next chairman, maybe he can manipulate at the top level better than our current mob.

Arabiatta
22-02-2023, 07:11 AM
nae plans of changing manager or SD

cost base needs reducing and he has no plans to put in any additional money

says hes committed to the club and isnt looking at selling, business wise he is happy as seemingly we're in a good place

someone told MO he didnt have a clue and he disagreed

best one for me is this though...we are in a better position than we were 5 years ago, i cant believe the doom and gloom around the club, the success is down to Tony's work and he is my man ( OYF )

Actually, nah, this is the best bit 'it's not the end of the world if we get relegated because we will come straight back up'

ROLL ON THE NORSEMAN IN GREENOCK B@STARDING MORTON

Feck that's some swing from #United in Pursuit to #United we may go down but it'll be alright we'll bounce back anyway WHEN we do

after all was only 4 years last time Wow...

Guess must need a few contracts to expire then..

TerryTheTerror
22-02-2023, 08:32 AM
As long as the company is making a good profit that MO is getting a return of I don't suppose he really cares what's going on. To be fair, he was quite upfront about that when he took over.

tangeron
22-02-2023, 12:24 PM
Was the Lewis Neilson situation brought up at the meeting .

GUNBOAT
22-02-2023, 12:30 PM
Was the Lewis Neilson situation brought up at the meeting .

Its been brought up on Sportsound to Nero himself but he hid behind the,"I cannot discuss this due to the ongoing legal proceedings."card.

offshore_arab83
25-02-2023, 06:03 PM
https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/uploads/tinymce/230223_Upload_DUSG%20Meeting%20Minutes.pdf

moicher
25-02-2023, 08:54 PM
https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/uploads/tinymce/230223_Upload_DUSG%20Meeting%20Minutes.pdf

was just about to post this. More of the same guff from Tony. Fox on autocue.

offshore_arab83
25-02-2023, 08:56 PM
Aye totally

Some good questions from those in attendance though

Usual bull answers unfortunately

the_arab
25-02-2023, 09:00 PM
its quite staggering reading Edwards sticking up for manager, saying its on the players and they know what they have to do... then go get absolutely battered by the team above us in the league