PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Dallas to Chesterfield

AllNottsAreWe
06-03-2023, 02:15 PM
According to a journalist on Twitter.
Great signing if true.

ncfcog
06-03-2023, 02:37 PM
Makes them very dangerous up front now with Colclough as well.

PedroTheFisherman66
06-03-2023, 02:55 PM
Makes you wonder where they are getting the cash from !!?

OP67
06-03-2023, 02:57 PM
Makes you wonder where they are getting the cash from !!?

That's a good point...It appears to be a loan until the end of the season.

Makes avoiding the play offs by winning the league even more important.

TSANHO
06-03-2023, 03:13 PM
Please god, not chesterfield in the playoffs. Losing to them and seeing them promoted would absolutely shatter me….wish I hadn’t seen this post! I thought they were done and dusted.

PTID1862
06-03-2023, 03:29 PM
Anybody else think we should have a go at gazumping them?

slack_pie
06-03-2023, 03:36 PM
Please god, not chesterfield in the playoffs. Losing to them and seeing them promoted would absolutely shatter me….wish I hadn’t seen this post! I thought they were done and dusted.

From experience, Notts almost always take you down the path of maximum pain. So I'd expect a last-minute Chesterfield winner to knock us out the playoffs or something like that.

Seriously though, that's some signing if true. He's right up there in the goals + assists leader board. I have no idea how they are affording it though.

I'd love to see Dallas at Notts, but I guess if we have everyone fit, there's no room for a new forward.

countygump
06-03-2023, 05:05 PM
From experience, Notts almost always take you down the path of maximum pain. So I'd expect a last-minute Chesterfield winner to knock us out the playoffs or something like that.

Seriously though, that's some signing if true. He's right up there in the goals + assists leader board. I have no idea how they are affording it though.

I'd love to see Dallas at Notts, but I guess if we have everyone fit, there's no room for a new forward.

Why would Moors, (who are no doubt hoping to make the P/O's themselves), let him go out on loan? Can only be dosherino, or lack thereof.

the_anticlough
06-03-2023, 06:27 PM
Why would Moors, (who are no doubt hoping to make the P/O's themselves), let him go out on loan? Can only be dosherino, or lack thereof.

Chesterfield refuse to lay down or give up on the big prize...they needed this

On the flip side, this has to mark the end of Moors as a serious contender. Last years play-off finalist's promotion push is over, this season and the next one by the looks of it. Wasn't Sbarra almost out the door a few weeks ago?

SwalePie
06-03-2023, 06:39 PM
Now confirmed. Loan to the end of the season.

Glad2BeAPie
06-03-2023, 06:50 PM
Rumour is the Moors owner has pulled funding, ence why Dallas has gone to save on wages

BigFatPie
06-03-2023, 06:50 PM
Chesterfield refuse to lay down or give up on the big prize...they needed this

On the flip side, this has to mark the end of Moors as a serious contender. Last years play-off finalist's promotion push is over, this season and the next one by the looks of it. Wasn't Sbarra almost out the door a few weeks ago?

Officially given up on making the playoffs. Which is surprising.

https://twitter.com/solihullmoors/status/1632796933986177029?s=61&t=E9LLIjMcHIguMs7uVNF98Q

OldBanksy
06-03-2023, 08:19 PM
Should be rules to prevent this sort of carry on, yes?

countygump
06-03-2023, 08:21 PM
Officially given up on making the playoffs. Which is surprising.

https://twitter.com/solihullmoors/status/1632796933986177029?s=61&t=E9LLIjMcHIguMs7uVNF98Q

Statement in full:

How long before Mr Ardley is down the frog?

A statement from Chairman Darryl Eales.
I wanted to update supporters on the Board’s thinking following the departure of Ryan Barnett to Wrexham and the loan of Andrew Dallas to Chesterfield.

Firstly, and most importantly, the ambition of the club to achieve league status remains undiminished.

However, we need to be realistic and that we balance the short and medium-term priorities and ensure the long-term sustainability of the Club.

As an ambitious, but relatively young and fast developing club, we are still building our supporter base and the general awareness of the club and are at a relative disadvantage to some of our larger competitors.

We have achieved much over the last five years, including further professionalising the club and building our infrastructure, moving us ever closer to making our promotion dream a reality.

But, whether we like it or not, economics are a reality of sport and hitherto the clubs playing budget is effectively funded each year by shareholders and sponsors. This will need to continue for the foreseeable future.

Frankly, this season has not gone to plan and, unfortunately, our play-off ambitions are unlikely to be realised this season.

Therefore, all attention is now focused on finishing this season strongly, with players committed to the club and preparing for next season.

We accept that we are a club that develops talent and are delighted with the progress of our younger players under Neal Ardley’s guidance and the rapid development of our Elite Academy. However, young players have their own ambitions, understandably, and both Ryan and Andrew made it clear that they wanted to play in the EFL next season – and sadly, we are unlikely to match this ambition in the short term.

Our response has, therefore, been pragmatic and we have sought to maximise the revenue opportunity for the club whilst meeting the aspirations of players who have served the club well.

This will ensure we preserve resources so that we can hopefully maintain the playing budget and have a real go at making the play-offs next season.

As I said at the beginning, the aspiration of the club is undiminished, and I can ensure we are working tirelessly to maximise achievability of our aspirations.

Darryl

countygump
06-03-2023, 08:26 PM
Some understanding, some well peed off.

https://bsolihullmoors.runboard.com/t6529,offset=0

Elite_Pie
06-03-2023, 08:58 PM
Some understanding, some well peed off.

Reading it as a neutral, it seems a pretty fair statement. Solihull Moors have overachieved in recent seasons, but they just don't have the support to take it further. If the owner can't finance it any more, they have to accept this is the place they're at.

OP67
06-03-2023, 09:14 PM

10 points behind Boreham Wood, that'll be quite a turnaround to make the play offs now.

GranthamPie
06-03-2023, 11:15 PM
Hmmmm…. I’m a bit perturbed by this signing by the Cheats…. It’s got playoff banana written all over it.

We’re currently 24 points ahead of them and they could clinch a league place with this signing… I’m lost for words tbh.

Ffs Notts… if this ain’t a reason to go for the championship, I don’t know what is.

uysapie
06-03-2023, 11:51 PM
Hmmmm…. I’m a bit perturbed by this signing by the Cheats…. It’s got playoff banana written all over it.

We’re currently 24 points ahead of them and they could clinch a league place with this signing… I’m lost for words tbh.

Ffs Notts… if this ain’t a reason to go for the championship, I don’t know what is.

The playoffs are always a lottery.

uysapie
07-03-2023, 12:01 AM
Statement in full:

How long before Mr Ardley is down the frog?

A statement from Chairman Darryl Eales.
I wanted to update supporters on the Board’s thinking following the departure of Ryan Barnett to Wrexham and the loan of Andrew Dallas to Chesterfield.

Firstly, and most importantly, the ambition of the club to achieve league status remains undiminished.

However, we need to be realistic and that we balance the short and medium-term priorities and ensure the long-term sustainability of the Club.

As an ambitious, but relatively young and fast developing club, we are still building our supporter base and the general awareness of the club and are at a relative disadvantage to some of our larger competitors.

We have achieved much over the last five years, including further professionalising the club and building our infrastructure, moving us ever closer to making our promotion dream a reality.

But, whether we like it or not, economics are a reality of sport and hitherto the clubs playing budget is effectively funded each year by shareholders and sponsors. This will need to continue for the foreseeable future.

Frankly, this season has not gone to plan and, unfortunately, our play-off ambitions are unlikely to be realised this season.

Therefore, all attention is now focused on finishing this season strongly, with players committed to the club and preparing for next season.

We accept that we are a club that develops talent and are delighted with the progress of our younger players under Neal Ardley’s guidance and the rapid development of our Elite Academy. However, young players have their own ambitions, understandably, and both Ryan and Andrew made it clear that they wanted to play in the EFL next season – and sadly, we are unlikely to match this ambition in the short term.

Our response has, therefore, been pragmatic and we have sought to maximise the revenue opportunity for the club whilst meeting the aspirations of players who have served the club well.

This will ensure we preserve resources so that we can hopefully maintain the playing budget and have a real go at making the play-offs next season.

As I said at the beginning, the aspiration of the club is undiminished, and I can ensure we are working tirelessly to maximise achievability of our aspirations.

Darryl

Not sure how loaning out 2 players until the end of the seaon is "maximising a revenue opportunity" apart from saving on wages? Seems desperate to me to just get them off the wages bill.

WarsopPie
07-03-2023, 11:22 AM
No move yet for that lad sabarra. County bound? I hope