PDA

View Full Version : Kelly in the squad

jwok
14-03-2023, 01:45 PM
Liam Kelly has been named in the latest Scotland squad. Regardless of whither he plays or not it's fair recognition of his consistent form in claret & amber.

Handsome_Devil
14-03-2023, 05:48 PM
Well done to him but I suspect the wait for a cap will continue.

texaco cup
14-03-2023, 05:53 PM
Absolute disgrace if Gunn plays ahead of Kelly or Clark. A man who turned his back on Scotland to play for England and when that fails he comes crawling back. If Stevie Clarke has went to Gunn promising a game then Kelly and Clark have no chance of ever playing for Scotland

Handsome_Devil
14-03-2023, 08:44 PM
Absolute disgrace if Gunn plays ahead of Kelly or Clark. A man who turned his back on Scotland to play for England and when that fails he comes crawling back. If Stevie Clarke has went to Gunn promising a game then Kelly and Clark have no chance of ever playing for Scotland

I think the fact we gave 40-year-old Gordon every minute of every game recently, including that daft friendly in Turkey, is a clear sign that Kelly and Clark are basically there to help with the warm-up drills. I'd be amazed if Gunn doesn't get the nod now and though Kelly has picked up again recently, he's probably actually fallen to #3 given how well Clark has taken his chance at Tynie.

firparkUSA
15-03-2023, 06:00 PM
Definitely agree with what's been said - it looks like the goalie from England is the prime candidate at this point.
Also, it would be overly optimistic of anyone to expect the Scotland manager to pick a goalkeeper from a team that has been and continues to be struggling to avoid relegation and regularly losing goals.