PDA

View Full Version : ❔Score, scorers and attendance predictions vs. York City 29.04.23 [NL]

SwalePie
26-04-2023, 06:33 PM
Notts 5 - 0 York

Langstaff x3, Nemane, Palmer

Remember you can also add your detailed predictions to NCS' Prediction League here (https://www.nottscountystats.com/prediction-league)

SwalePie
26-04-2023, 06:35 PM
https://youtu.be/0C9n2CjWRV8

keldsyke
26-04-2023, 06:59 PM
Notts 4 York 0 Langstaff x 2, Scott, Chiksen

uysapie
26-04-2023, 08:17 PM
Us 1 them 0

CamPie
26-04-2023, 09:07 PM
4-0 Notts. Macca all 4, attendance a disappointing 6856. Winning me the Notts mug of my choice with a 100% spot-on prediction in the goals comp.

More serious - 3-1 Notts, Macca (for the record), Scott, Morias. John (The Shop) Lewis for York. 9,350 with a great following from York.

queenslandpie
26-04-2023, 09:08 PM
1-1 Morias 8238

A spineless performance leads to concern prior to the play offs

since41
26-04-2023, 11:55 PM
Notts 5 York 1
Langstaff3 Scott Chicksen.

BJPIE
27-04-2023, 03:45 AM
Notts 2 York 0
Langstaff (2)

The_Don_ORiordan
27-04-2023, 04:39 AM
York are a decent side. 3-2 Macca hat trick 9,106

slack_pie
27-04-2023, 06:04 AM
Could be quite a subdued atmosphere if we don't come out and go for it.

Notts 3 - 1 York

Scott, Jones, Austin

Att: 7201

laddo
27-04-2023, 06:21 AM
Avoid injuries
Avoid suspensions
Rest and rotate
Avoid defeat

Notts 2 v 1 York

Would be nice if Macca could put this top scorer competition to bed with a goal but I will go

Scott x 2

Attendance: 9,124

Notts78
27-04-2023, 07:15 AM
I think this game will be more friendly than League game. Neither team has a great deal to play for. I don’t expect Notts players to run themselves ragged or fly in to tackles. As such I expect a low key game.
I look forward to comments like ‘if we play that in the playoffs we will get murdered’.

Anyway, 2-0 Notts with Scott and Palmer on the scoresheet
9251 in attendance.

upthemaggies
27-04-2023, 07:52 AM
I think this game will be more friendly than League game..

Yes, I think it's the first effectively meaningless league game that Notts have been involved in (for either side) since Saturday 7th May 2016 when we hosted Carlisle United in Mark Cooper's last game in charge, Notts lost 5-0.

York have been very disappointing after a promising start to the season, 7th in mid-October, they're now going to finish the 3rd lowest of the four promoted sides - below part time Dorking. If they lose to Notts and Torquay win, it's only their goal difference that saves them.
Incredibly though, their record against the teams currently in the play offs is W7 D3 L1, doing the double against Woking, Barnet and Bromley. They also held Wrexham to a draw at home.

Notts 1 York 0

countygump
27-04-2023, 08:19 AM
Notts 3-1 York

Nerves are settled, (temporarily) with a routine win.

Macca 2, Ceds.

Attn:7,777

laddo
27-04-2023, 08:52 AM
I look forward to comments like ‘if we play that in the playoffs we will get murdered’......

It's only funny because it's true :D

jacobncfc
27-04-2023, 09:57 AM
Avoid injuries
Avoid suspensions
Rest and rotate
Avoid defeat

Notts 2 v 1 York

Would be nice if Macca could put this top scorer competition to bed with a goal but I will go

Scott x 2

Attendance: 9,124

I’d expect us to go full strength, over a week until the play-off game and quite a few got a rest at Maidstone. Obviously want to be fresh, but also probably don’t want to go into it undercooked with players not having had a match for two or three weeks.

Can see some kind of fun 4-3 or something here with neither team having much to play for. We always play open but I think defensively it relies on us being at full intensity and you can hardly blame anyone for not being for this one.

ancientpie
27-04-2023, 10:18 AM
Not sure how we will play this one, we could well rest a few but I hope Langstaff gets a go at records.

Us3-1 Them

Scott, Rodders & Langstaff

COYP

Magpies1959
27-04-2023, 10:21 AM
I can't see LW letting the intensity levels drop, after listening to his pre York presser. I would love to see the footage of them chasing the deer at the training ground lol

SwalePie
27-04-2023, 05:27 PM
https://youtu.be/NWP7s9Tfp24

Mark_Ross
27-04-2023, 07:26 PM
Notts 5 - 0 York

Langstaff x3, Nemane, Palmer

Remember you can also add your detailed predictions to NCS' Prediction League here (https://www.nottscountystats.com/prediction-league)

I would be happy with 2-0, or any win really. IMHO York are not quite as hopeless as some reckon.

Think we need to keep "the momentum" going into the playoff SF - more important than resting players.

irish_pie
27-04-2023, 08:15 PM
Rest as many players as possible here but I still think Notts will do it..
Notts 2-1 York
Junior and Vincent will the onion bag fillers
8500 in att

the_anticlough
27-04-2023, 08:19 PM
Even with the best of intentions, I can't see it being a normal game.
They'll have nothing to lose, maybe some playing for contracts. Our players have a lot to lose (injury for the play-offs), so they won't be busting a gut
2-2 Rodrigues, Morais, 8,818

ncfcog
28-04-2023, 07:56 AM
Our last match preview of the regular season sees us cast a tactical eye over York City . . .

https://www.nottscountystats.com/post/preview-york-city-h

Wedgie_pie
28-04-2023, 09:08 AM
3-3 Langstaff 2 Rodders 1

since41
28-04-2023, 09:37 AM
They should be going all out to finish on 109 points and finish as close to Wrexwood as possible.

laddo
28-04-2023, 10:43 AM
Why go all out? Risk Vs reward.

since41
28-04-2023, 12:33 PM
I think if you're playing not to get injured you risk getting exactly that play their natural game. entertain the paying customers.

the_anticlough
28-04-2023, 12:36 PM
I've predicted 2-2, but it's not hard to imagine a 4th defeat of the league season.

If that's the way it goes, I hope we don't see 'sort it out Notts' type comments or any reactions about the play-offs.
I'm sure they'll try to win within reason, but it's a dead rubber and apart from keeping sharp and maintaining form, the main thing is come through with a full squad to choose from.

laddo
28-04-2023, 03:20 PM
I think if you're playing not to get injured you risk getting exactly that play their natural game. entertain the paying customers.

I'd say the paying (Notts) customers have been well and truly entertained all season home and away.

As you suggest I'd want them to be going fully in on 50:50s but I'd hope it would be predominantly fringe/reserve players doing it. Don't see the need the risk key players for the sake of a points total, I'm more than happy with the number now.

Davy500
28-04-2023, 03:29 PM
I've predicted 2-2, but it's not hard to imagine a 4th defeat of the league season.

If that's the way it goes, I hope we don't see 'sort it out Notts' type comments or any reactions about the play-offs.
I'm sure they'll try to win within reason, but it's a dead rubber and apart from keeping sharp and maintaining form, the main thing is come through with a full squad to choose from.

The match may as well be a training match, for us is to keep fitness levels and avoid injury, the result means little. Then on to the play offs which we must win this time, we have never been stronger

TBH if Notts fail we are finished, it will put us years behind. We unlike Wrexham will lose all our best players, we will not find another Langstaff to score over 40 goals. There will always be another contender, maybe Southend, maybe one of the relegated teams, maybe a dark horse that's done nothing this year.

The time is now, win the playoffs, finish the job.

laddo
28-04-2023, 03:44 PM
We would not be finished, that's simply crazy talk! . Here's why:

We won't find another player to score over 40 goals that's true , but guess what? Neither will any of the other sides in the National League. The history books tell us that.

Plus how much money would we pocket from his sale if he leaves? That's money the other clubs wouldn't be receiving. So we have an advantage right? Have they got someone as valuable? I seriously doubt it.

There will always be competition that's the nature of the beast , it would be weird if there wasn't.

But Southend have been a mess behind the scenes big time (we aren't), people always quote the relegated side could be a danger, they rarely are (in fact I'm recent seasons how many relegated sides have done better than Notts in their first season after the drop? Relegated sides are usually relegated cos they are in a mess with no stability.

The dark horses identified on here this season are 8th and 12th.

Davy you often talk rightly about the importance of the wealth of an owner, money needed for transfers etc. Who next season will have more than Notts? Who will have better owners? We sell Langstaff we should have money and equally important #radar

durhampie
28-04-2023, 03:57 PM

We won't find another player to score over 40 goals that's true , but guess what? Neither will any of the other sides in the National League. The history books tell us that.

Plus how much money would we pocket from his sale if he leaves? That's money the other clubs wouldn't be receiving. So we have an advantage right? Have they got someone as valuable? I seriously doubt it.

There will always be competition that's the nature of the beast , it would be weird if there wasn't.

But Southend have been a mess behind the scenes big time (we aren't), people always quote the relegated side could be a danger, they rarely are (in fact I'm recent seasons how many relegated sides have done better than Notts in their first season after the drop? Relegated sides are usually relegated cos they are in a mess with no stability.

Davy you often talk rightly about the importance of the wealth of an owner, money needed for transfers etc. Who next season will have more than Notts? Who will have better owners? We sell Langstaff we should have money and equally important #radar

Hopefully not another kairo Mitchell..

Maggie's Farm
28-04-2023, 04:07 PM
3-1 but LW should be challenging the boys to keep a clean sheet, imo.
Morias, Scott, Palmer.

Pietastic
28-04-2023, 06:03 PM

Liking the positive vibes.....

bule1
28-04-2023, 06:13 PM

Heard that Tony Hackworth is available.....

laddo
28-04-2023, 06:15 PM

Definitely, although we'd take another Scott wouldn't we?#radarlove

laddo
28-04-2023, 06:17 PM
Liking the positive vibes.....

If you can't be positive right now, frankly you never will be#PVO it's the playoffs after all

Elite_Pie
28-04-2023, 08:40 PM
Because it's become an irrelevant game, it's harder to predict both in terms of score and attendance. It doesn't matter if we win 10-0 or lose 0-10, we finish second. If we were within a point or two of Wrexham I would predict a 15,000 attendance, now I'm not sure how many will turn up for a game that doesn't matter. Same with the team, will we rest key players or try and keep the momentum going?

Notts 2-2 York (Langstaff 2)
Att. 8,125

And I narrowly miss out on a coveted mug from ncfcog because my attendance prediction was too low.

laddo
29-04-2023, 06:39 AM
Difficult indeed to predict but after a simply sensational and multiple record breaking season I feel it is my duty to make the 6 hour round trip and attend so I can thank the players and coaches (regardless of today's result) for providing one of the most entertaining and enjoyable seasons I've experienced. Top 5.

Davy500
29-04-2023, 06:52 AM

No advantage for the sale prices unless they are big, as we are operating at a big loss for being in NL

True their wont be Langstaff and more importantly Paul Mullin , i cant name the dark horses , some relegated clubs like Bristol rovers, Grimsby made it back at the first attempt , and some such as orient and Tranmere soon after, not to mention teams like Barrow, Sutton , Harrogate the Dark Horses

I really do feel if we are to get to L2 it has to be through the play offs , with the owners i believe they will achieve it, THIS SEASON

laddo
29-04-2023, 07:26 AM
That's slim pickings Davy in terms of relegated sides who bounced immediately back with promotion. Bristol Rovers is legit but 9 seasons ago now.

As pointed out recently last season Grimsby managed it from the rare position of finishing 5th in playoff structure. The previous time they got relegated it took them 5 seasons.

The lack of examples should come as no surprise as most clubs are in a mess when they get relegated and need at least the first season to sort their s&!t out. I predict neither relegated side will get promoted next season and I doubt they will be in the promotion mix.

Naturally there are always going to be clubs who come out of nowhere to challenge and win, predicting them is a nightmare, or I'd be rich lol

I too believe they will achieve it to this season but to suggest if we didn't we are finished is madness. The Bros and 'do or die' just don't marry up mate.

Put it this way assuming if both in situ next season which club would be going into that season with a better owner/head coach (manager) combo than us?

1955pie
29-04-2023, 12:49 PM
Notts 2 - York 1
Chicksen + Langstaff

ShannockPie
29-04-2023, 01:44 PM
Notts 4 - 0 Macca 2, Scott, Bostock

LW will want an intense performance to keep the players focused & to thank the fans for great support throughout the season.

Glad2BeAPie
29-04-2023, 01:53 PM
Heard that Tony Hackworth is available.....
Him and Vinny Arkins up front

SwalePie
29-04-2023, 06:18 PM
11,336 (1,433 travelling fans)

queenslandpie
30-04-2023, 12:09 AM
1-1 Morias 8238

A spineless performance leads to concern prior to the play offs

Miles out on the attendance but with one game left I finally managed to get a correct prediction this season. Phew.