PDA

View Full Version : Ismael appointed Watford Head Coach

SBRed48
11-05-2023, 06:52 AM
A nice pay off coming his way October/ November.

They say cheats never win but he's dropped on lucky here regarding his financial future.

Andersen to Watford ?

pass_and_move
11-05-2023, 07:10 AM
Adda thowt that he'd have been financially set for life after the West Brom gig SB. He'd won already. The Watford job will just boost his bank balance

Shadrack the Red
11-05-2023, 07:14 AM
I think Watford have just got themselves a top coach & I wish him well .

pass_and_move
11-05-2023, 07:29 AM
I think Watford have just got themselves a top coach & I wish him well .

I wouldn't say he was a top coach Shadrack. He's coached 11 different clubs in 12 years and most of them in lower leagues which says a lot. I'll always respect what he did at Oakwell because he gave us one of our best seasons ever during a tough time when everybody's spirits were down due to covid. The way he took us into the play offs was unbelievable really considering our budget and playing squad. Our style of football was bombastic and very disciplined but ultimately unsustainable over long periods.

SBRed48
11-05-2023, 07:33 AM
Adda thowt that he'd have been financially set for life after the West Brom gig SB. He'd won already. The Watford job will just boost his bank balance

True Pass. He had a four year contract at WBA and was sacked after seven months so Kerrching there.

Don't forget he then went to Besiktas and was sacked after a few months there but I believe it was a shorter contract.

Now rocks up at Watford. Can't see any information on how long the contract runs for (in theory). He is their 19th manager in the last 12 years.

Perhaps cheats keep on winning. :P

SBRed48
11-05-2023, 07:48 AM
. Our style of football was bombastic and very disciplined .

A wonderful turn of phrase Pass.

POGGYWELL
11-05-2023, 08:32 AM
Congratulations to Val on this appointment I would think a playoff place at least next season if they stick with him.

pass_and_move
11-05-2023, 09:52 AM
Perhaps cheats keep on winning. :P

They do unfortunately mi owd.

POGGYWELL
11-05-2023, 10:55 AM
Exiting times under Val feel sure MOST enjoyed the championship winning experience.

EthelRed
11-05-2023, 11:05 AM
The winning was great the entertainment value of the football we played wasnt.

It depends what view you take. I want to be entertained and winning is part of that but not the be all. Ive been more entertained this season, albeit at a lower level, than I ever was under Val.

But thats just my personal take on matters.

Shadrack the Red
11-05-2023, 11:47 AM
The winning was great the entertainment value of the football we played wasnt.

It depends what view you take. I want to be entertained and winning is part of that but not the be all. Ive been more entertained this season, albeit at a lower level, than I ever was under Val.

But thats just my personal take on matters.

I do believe it would have been far more enjoyable had we been allowed in , the Oakwell crowd have always got behind players who put a shift in & they also love a tackle, the closing down , the work rate & some of the exciting football in the last third of the pitch coupled with some great goals & results would have gone down a treat with the faithful but alas watching on I Follow from an empty stadium hardly had you on the edge of your seat & set it up for low key viewing even before the ref blew his whistle to start the game.

EthelRed
11-05-2023, 12:03 PM
I do believe it would have been far more enjoyable had we been allowed in , the Oakwell crowd have always got behind players who put a shift in & they also love a tackle, the closing down , the work rate & some of the exciting football in the last third of the pitch coupled with some great goals & results would have gone down a treat with the faithful but alas watching on I Follow from an empty stadium hardly had you on the edge of your seat & set it up for low key viewing even before the ref blew his whistle to start the game.

Good point Shads and is relevant to those who wish to attend. Being able to be in the ground would almost certainly have improved the experience of Vals style. I am still in protest mode against this ownership, as I've stated before, so I have seen both examples from the same perspective. I have formed my opinions accordigly.

SBRed48
11-05-2023, 02:58 PM

A lot of ducks came together in a row during Ismael's season here to Ismael's/ Barnsley FC's benefit and I am sure playing behind closed doors in an empty stadium was one of them. The young players had no pressure on them from the crowd, particularly at away games in big stadiums. It was a practice game atmosphere at every game.
The players could hear Ismael shouting out a number to tell them which formation to take for pressing, set pieces etc. There was no pressure from the crowd on the ref about our time wasting and sh1thousery tactics. There was no disapproval/ booing over the awful hoofball stuff being served up.
But I admit the second half at Bournemouth was wonderful. :P

rodcurrie
11-05-2023, 04:23 PM
A nice pay off coming his way October/ November.

They say cheats never win but he's dropped on lucky here regarding his financial future.

Andersen to Watford ? He'll be due a testimonial if he lasts until October at Watford.XD UTB

Acido
11-05-2023, 05:44 PM
When you look at when he came here, it was going to be another relegation season, because of the position Struber had left us in. And we wouldn't have had a lucky escape this time because of another teams punishment.
So its fair to say he more than exceeded what was asked of him. Even if as most of us seem to think, it was just going to be a one-off type of season.
And I just can't understand why West Brom got rid of him when they were 5th or 6th at the time. If your in the bottom three then yes, but not when your in the Play off places. 😧

Young_Nudger
11-05-2023, 05:51 PM
He'll be due a testimonial if he lasts until October at Watford.XD UTB

Things like that was said about Hecky by some of our fans.
Blunts are one of the clubs I dislike - BUT I loved it when Hecky proved some of our fans wrong.

Same applies to Ishmael - I hope he does well.
Great manager.
He was fortunate that Barnsley came in for him. Obviously the guy that identified him at Barnsley could see Ishmael’s football philosophy was on similar lines to those at Barnsley.
He only had to tweak the style to get a successful team.
A match made in heaven so to speak.

Under Ishmael it was football that IMO resembled a boxing match - but it was effective.
He will do well at Watford if he has the players to match his style.
He definitely didn’t have them at WBA - tippy tappy pedestrian footballers.

rodcurrie
11-05-2023, 06:13 PM
Things like that was said about Hecky by some of our fans.
Blunts are one of the clubs I dislike - BUT I loved it when Hecky proved some of our fans wrong.

Same applies to Ishmael - I hope he does well.
Great manager.
He was fortunate that Barnsley came in for him. Obviously the guy that identified him at Barnsley could see Ishmael’s football philosophy was on similar lines to those at Barnsley.
He only had to tweak the style to get a successful team.
A match made in heaven so to speak.

Under Ishmael it was football that IMO resembled a boxing match - but it was effective.
He will do well at Watford if he has the players to match his style.
He definitely didn’t have them at WBA - tippy tappy pedestrian footballers. I wasn't on abart Ishmael's ability as a manager,i was on abart Watford sacking managers without giving them a chance to do the job.I've never understood why anyone could dislike my Beloved BLADES,but hey ho each to their own mi owd. UTB

perkytyke
12-05-2023, 01:03 AM
I hope he does well I quite like Watford, good support and friendly ground to visit, I hope Sheff Utd take the premier by storm as well, it’s good for Yorkshire and again have good memories of my visits there, on top of that I want to see Hecky do well.
I don’t dislike many clubs but I’d love Wednesday to spend a few years in non league, I hope dirty Leeds follow a similar path, however I can’t abide Man City………sooooooooo Horrible to watch, they Bore teams to death by tippy tippy football at the back until teams give in through sheer absolute boredom, before passing it to Grealish who the falls over if you breath on him then De-Bruyne scores from the free kick, or they lump it to that Haaland fella who never seems to miss!
Let’s be honest without that Saudi bunch of owners they would have still won nothing and be fighting relegation with dirty Leeds.
I’ll take our style of play all day long in league one, rather than watch them week in week out in the premier league…….

SBRed48
12-05-2023, 05:50 AM

Who was that guy Nudge ? A genius ?

It's like the end scene of all the Lone Ranger TV episodes. A silver bullet is found as a horseman gallops away in the dust. "Who was that guy ?"" That, my friend, was the Loan Arranger".

SBRed48
12-05-2023, 06:15 AM
Same applies to Ishmael - .

When did he become Jewish Nudge ?

Shadrack the Red
12-05-2023, 07:15 AM
A lot of ducks came together in a row during Ismael's season here to Ismael's/ Barnsley FC's benefit and I am sure playing behind closed doors in an empty stadium was one of them. The young players had no pressure on them from the crowd, particularly at away games in big stadiums. It was a practice game atmosphere at every game.
The players could hear Ismael shouting out a number to tell them which formation to take for pressing, set pieces etc. There was no pressure from the crowd on the ref about our time wasting and sh1thousery tactics. There was no disapproval/ booing over the awful hoofball stuff being served up.
But I admit the second half at Bournemouth was wonderful. :P

What you are basically saying SB is that season was a level playing field, conditions and circumstances were the same for all 24 teams , they could all hear their coaches & not be subject to booing or hostile atmospheres etc , there was no advantage or disadvantage , no getting on players backs when they got caught playing tippy tappy football from the back etc etc , it was the same for every single team & that is why in my opinion we proved we did exceptionally well under Val as we ended up in the play offs , we were not quite good enough to get over the line but it was still one of the best seasons in our history & I enjoyed it , I just wished we could have been in the ground to see the matches .

animallittle3
12-05-2023, 08:07 AM
Val can't lose can be , even the sack after five games isn't going to blemish his career seen as every bugga gets the sack at Watford quick sticks and that's without mentioning the pay off for a month's work .

Don't think he'll last any longer than anybody else before him to be honest at Watford .

He was the right manager at the right period in history for us and had the nous to set his team up a certain way in order to win games of football with average championship talent .

Different ball game with better players , very well paid players too which Watford will no doubt have .

A questionable man management style doesn't work further up the football league in my opinion .

Worked here because he took that group of players to a place in the championship they probably didn't believe they were good enough to get to , his methods couldn't be questioned here .

Players with millions already in the bank and can easily get a move away at the drop of a hat will just tell him to feck off .

SBRed48
12-05-2023, 04:31 PM
What you are basically saying SB is that season was a level playing field, conditions and circumstances were the same for all 24 teams , they could all hear their coaches & not be subject to booing or hostile atmospheres etc , there was no advantage or disadvantage , no getting on players backs when they got caught playing tippy tappy football from the back etc etc , it was the same for every single team & that is why in my opinion we proved we did exceptionally well under Val as we ended up in the play offs , we were not quite good enough to get over the line but it was still one of the best seasons in our history & I enjoyed it , I just wished we could have been in the ground to see the matches .

There was little money about for the big teams to spend in January. Most were taking out Covid loans. It was a siege mentality for Barnsley. Us, the underdog, against the rest. It worked right up the final month when Ismael's methods were sussed and overcome by the better coaches and most of our players were burnt out, even with the introduction of five subs that season which aided Ismael's methods.
It reminded me of Wimbledon when they were on the rise. Limited talent at that level, hoofball, loads of sh1thousery and a siege mentality that saw them win games against better quality players. The football was unwatchable at times but all was forgiven because it brought more wins than losses. It wasn't sustainable and the fall came quickly.

Shadrack the Red
13-05-2023, 07:07 AM
There was little money about for the big teams to spend in January. Most were taking out Covid loans. It was a siege mentality for Barnsley. Us, the underdog, against the rest. It worked right up the final month when Ismael's methods were sussed and overcome by the better coaches and most of our players were burnt out, even with the introduction of five subs that season which aided Ismael's methods.
It reminded me of Wimbledon when they were on the rise. Limited talent at that level, hoofball, loads of sh1thousery and a siege mentality that saw them win games against better quality players. The football was unwatchable at times but all was forgiven because it brought more wins than losses. It wasn't sustainable and the fall came quickly.

We will always disagree over this which is fair enough but in the last month of the season we did not fall away , we lost one game & the introduction of 5 subs was the same for every team , Val should be applauded for his use of the subs but every other manager in the league had the same opportunity & as for the football I really enjoyed it, to me it wasn"t hoofball , we got the ball in to the opponents half as quickly as possible but in the last third where it really matters we played some quality football & scored some great goals . It is obvious that you dislike Val with a passion which is fine therefore you are going to be critical of everything he did but no one can take away the fact that we had one of the best seasons in our history & I really enjoyed it & I know I have said this before but the only downside was the fact that we were not allowed into watch it, but it is all about opinions , you have yours & I have mine & I will leave it at that.

SBRed48
13-05-2023, 07:15 AM
Fair enough Shads.

I can never get past the fact that Ismael was happy to cheat on his fellow football clubs, players and fans in Austria. Not my kind of guy.

Winning a few football games does not alter that.

We will agree to differ.

SBRed48
13-05-2023, 07:53 AM
18 4 21 Coventry L 0-2
21 4 21 Huddsfld W 1-0
24 4 21 Rotherham W 1-0
1 5 21 Preston L 0-2
8 5 21 Norwich D 2-2

17 5 21 Swansea L 0-1
22 5 21 Swansea D 1-1

Last month 2020 /21 W2 D2 L3

Shadrack the Red
13-05-2023, 11:58 AM
18 4 21 Coventry L 0-2
21 4 21 Huddsfld W 1-0
24 4 21 Rotherham W 1-0
1 5 21 Preston L 0-2
8 5 21 Norwich D 2-2

17 5 21 Swansea L 0-1
22 5 21 Swansea D 1-1

Last month 2020 /21 W2 D2 L3

I did not count the play off matches as I thought you were referring to the league & us getting found out ,I took the last 4 matches as a yardstick for the end of the season , if you look earlier in the season you will find a far worse sequence of results but the stat that counted was finishing 5th , alas we did not get over the line but to me it was a fantastic achievement .

SBRed48
13-05-2023, 04:50 PM
in the last month of the season we did not fall away , we lost one game .

It's not worth debating Shads as it has long gone but we do need to have the facts correct. Otherwise it becomes like listening to Sunak and Hunt twisting the stats.

However you define the "last month" of the season we lost more than once.

It's Huntesque to introduce "the last four games" rule to remove the Coventry defeat. :P

Acido
13-05-2023, 05:26 PM
Like I said Shad, your wasting your time with
this pathetic so called fan, who thinks he's clever on here.
He's made his mind up about the pre-Barnsley stuff that Val did, which is fair enough, ok.
But to then keep dismissing what he did for us that season, and to keep slagging us off as fans who chose to support him, well that sums up this moron. 👎

pass_and_move
14-05-2023, 02:40 AM
Tha well art o order Acido.

SB is red to the core and a top blowk who stands by his principles.

SBRed48
14-05-2023, 06:26 AM
He's made his mind up about the pre-Barnsley stuff that Val did, which is fair enough, ok.
But to then keep dismissing what he did for us that season, and to keep slagging us off as fans who chose to support him, well that sums up this moron. ��

That's poor stuff from a so called Moderator who should police abuse like this rather than write it.

I will gladly put my record as a Barnsley fan against yours Acido.

I will look out for your apology or your resignation as a Moderator.

SBRed48
15-05-2023, 04:26 AM
"Moderator" Acido keeping his head down hoping his shameful post of personal abuse will go away.

I will regularly bump it up until he has the courtesy to respond.

Young_Nudger
15-05-2023, 10:44 AM
"Moderator" Acido keeping his head down hoping his shameful post of personal abuse will go away.

I will regularly bump it up until he has the courtesy to respond.

Well it makes a change to see Acido having a dig at someone else other than me.

I don’t know what’s happened with Acido - I was in contact with him years ago when I lost my password - and he was great with me - couldn’t thank him enough.
But for some reason he’s recently been on my case.
Why - I don’t know ?

As for SB - I very rarely agree with what he has to say - but I respect his views.

There is still only a small number posting on here especially when compared to the BBS - we need more people to post their views - I’m sure the Footy Mad people would agree with that.

It’s great to have a good argument and debate - but let’s keep it friendly.
In my view it is far more pleasurable on here compared to the BBS - and one of the main reasons for that is that there is very little personal abuse going on.

Let’s keep it like that.

SBRed48
15-05-2023, 05:00 PM
It has nothing to do with BBS Nudge or numbers posting.

Whichever message board you contribute to does not matter but I would hazard a guess that no one would accept being called a "moron", particularly by a "Moderator" who is meant to police and act against such posts of personal abuse.

Acido should apologise or resign as a Moderator.

Arblasterfromthepast
15-05-2023, 05:24 PM
It has nothing to do with BBS Nudge or numbers posting.

Whichever message board you contribute to does not matter but I would hazard a guess that no one would accept being called a "moron", particularly by a "Moderator" who is meant to police and act against such posts of personal abuse.

Acido should apologise or resign as a Moderator.

A moron is a person of low intelligence SB. I don't know you, but that description is incorrect as I find you to be of very good intelligence. I don't always agree with you but often do. I don't fully agree with you regarding the Val situation but I respect your views and your right to have them. They are well argued views and I admire you for sticking to them. I hope this situation can be resolved amicably.

Dingle council
15-05-2023, 06:28 PM
I personally don’t agree with sbred’s opinion on val, but he is far from a ‘moron’ and questioning his support for the tarn is way offside acido
Give your head a shek

SBRed48
16-05-2023, 05:47 AM
I should think Acido is fully aware that he has broken forum rules by writing personal abuse.

This is particularly the case as he is a Moderator on this message board.

He also claims that I have been "slagging off" fans who hold a different view to myself on Ismael. It would be helpful if he can point to even one instance where this has occurred. By "slagging off" I am assuming he means abusing.

I shall await the courtesy of a reply from Acido. If none is forthcoming I shall refer the issue to Footymad under their complaints procedure.

No one, particularly those in a position of "authority", should be allowed to post personal abuse. No one should just sit back and let it happen to themselves without protest. Fortunately I am mature enough and strong enough mentally not to let it affect me but I know of a number who would suffer personally if such stuff went unchecked.

SBRed48
17-05-2023, 06:09 AM
Acido still in hiding behind his keyboard.

POGGYWELL
17-05-2023, 09:57 AM
My goodness kiss and make up you two it’s like the Posh Turd it’s not flushing away !

SBRed48
17-05-2023, 01:13 PM
My goodness kiss and make up you two it’s like the Posh Turd it’s not flushing away !

Thank you for the advice Poggs.

The ball is in Acido's court but I suspect Acido's tactic is to keep ignoring it hoping it will go away.

Acido will have had sufficient time to respond by Friday 19th and if nothing is forthcoming I shall submit a formal complaint to FootyMad on that day, with a copy on here.

A stand has to be made against on-line personal abuse.

pass_and_move
17-05-2023, 03:42 PM
Thank you for the advice Poggs.

The ball is in Acido's court but I suspect Acido's tactic is to keep ignoring it hoping it will go away.

Acido will have had sufficient time to respond by Friday 19th and if nothing is forthcoming I shall submit a formal complaint to FootyMad on that day, with a copy on here.

A stand has to be made against on-line personal abuse.

Can't argue with that mi owd.

SBRed48
18-05-2023, 08:29 AM
Where is Acido ?

A simple admission that he got it wrong breaking Forum rules by posting personal abuse would suffice.

An apology would be appreciated but, if that is too much to ask, a simple recognition that he got it wrong would be enough.

SBRed48
19-05-2023, 05:04 AM
But to then keep dismissing what he did for us that season, and to keep slagging us off as fans who chose to support him, well that sums up this moron. ��

Complaints to the "owners" of a social media site rarely result in any action being taken against the perpetrators of abuse but it is important not to stand aside and do nothing. I have submitted the following complaint to Digital Sports Group, the owners of Footymad, today, Friday.
At least the nature of Acido's post has been widely viewed, particularly by Moderators on other Footymad sites.

contact@digitalsportsgroup.co.uk

Personal Abuse on Footymad Site Barnsley FC Tykes Chat.

I am aware that complaints concerning posts containing personal abuse on Footymad message boards are usually resolved by Administrators/ Moderators but this is unusual in that it is a Moderator himself posting the personal abuse. Forum Rules state that no post shall be made which contains abusive remarks against an individual and this rule has clearly been broken.

On 13.05.2023 at 6.26pm in a thread entitled "Ismael Appointed Watford Head Coach" an enthusiastic but good natured and respectful debate was taking place between myself, SBRed48, and another poster when a Moderator on the Board, Acido, interjected with the following post (Post 29):
"Like I said Shads, you're wasting your time with this pathetic, so called fan, who thinks he is clever on here.
He's made up his mind about the pre Barnsley stuff that Val did, which is fair enough,OK.
But to then keep dismissing what he did for us that season, and to keep slagging us off as fans who choose to support him, well that sums up this moron"
( I did request Acido to point out even one instance where I had "slagged off" fans but no reply was forthcoming)

This post clearly contains elements of personal abuse contrary to forum rules. I have requested an apology from Acido but received none. No one, particularly those in a position of "authority", should be posting personal abuse. No one should feel they have to just sit back and accept it without protest. Fortunately I am mature enough and strong enough mentally to not be affected by such abuse but I aware of others whose mental health is not so robust and would suffer mental health issues if such abuse was directed at them. Such posts are not acceptable.
I look forward to your comments on the matter. I would anticipate at least an expression of disapproval and a warning of future conduct. I have suggested to Acido to consider whether his position as Moderator is now tenable. He has not posted on Footymad since his abusive post though i am aware that he is still posting regularly on another Barnsley FC message board.

Your faithfully,
SBRed48

SBRed48
21-05-2023, 05:49 AM
I note that the BBS Message Board is now regularly receiving the benefit of Acido's humour and insight but still no comment from him about his abusive post on here.

Barnsley Chop
21-05-2023, 09:57 AM
Breaking News!

A deal has been completed with YN loan to us becoming a permanent deal in the capacity of site moderator with Acido going in the other direction also in the same role.

Young_Nudger
21-05-2023, 02:41 PM
Breaking News!

A deal has been completed with YN loan to us becoming a permanent deal in the capacity of site moderator with Acido going in the other direction also in the same role.

😄😄😄
I would be up for that - as everyone should know by now that I like to see a good heated debate - but personal abuse is a definite no no.

I would certainly do a good job at it - but I don’t think many would want me as the moderator.
So if it’s not me then my vote would go to Shadrack - I think he’s the most level headed on here.

As for SB - I’m currently on SB watch.
He’s walking on thin ice arguing with the moderator.
Not because he’s wrong.
But because Acido has all the power and can easily pull the plug on him.
If SB suddenly disappears then the rest of us need to be aware of it.

SBRed48
21-05-2023, 03:08 PM
Breaking News!

XD

Acido is happy to be on BBS. BBS members benefit from Acido's humour and insight so it is win win.

I could join BBS to make them aware of Acido's recent abusive post on here but that would mean me becoming an internet "troll" so i won't bother.

SBRed48
21-05-2023, 03:11 PM
������

As for SB - I’m currently on SB watch.
He’s walking on thin ice arguing with the moderator.
Not because he’s wrong.
But because Acido has all the power and can easily pull the plug on him.
If SB suddenly disappears then the rest of us need to be aware of it.

Only Paul Daniels could have made me disappear Nudge but he has sadly passed away

Young_Nudger
21-05-2023, 03:31 PM
Only Paul Daniels could make me disappear.Nudge.

Don’t be too sure.
If you remember a few months ago I got banned off here for two weeks.
On a music thread - that included people posting music that they liked - I posted links to a couple of Brian Eno tracks.
Him of Roxy Music fame.
That’s right - I got a 2 week ban for liking the music of Brian Eno.
I kid you not.

SBRed48
21-05-2023, 03:43 PM
I took Eno Salts to relieve biliousness and flatulence.

Young_Nudger
21-05-2023, 04:09 PM
I took Eno Salts to relieve biliousness and flatulence.

That’s a different type of Eno.
One type of Eno relieves biliousness and flatulence.
The Eno I like might actually cause biliousness and flatulence.

pass_and_move
21-05-2023, 05:33 PM
We're all Barnsley aren't we

Acido
22-05-2023, 08:08 PM
Let's hope Val does well at Watford, I hope he does well there.

SBRed48
23-05-2023, 04:55 AM

He's got some brass neck this Moderator.

Still no sign of apology or admission he was wrong to post the above.

He now pops his head up after a few days thinking his abusive post can now be ignored and forgotten and it is OK on here to abuse posters.

I hope posters do not follow his example and this Board becomes a social media site where abuse of others becomes acceptable. "If a Moderator does it then so can I ".

SBRed48
23-05-2023, 04:47 PM
Nearly 3000 views on here and not one in support of the nature of Acido's abusive post.

That tells me something about how respectful posters are on this board about it being OK to debate and disagree but to abuse others is out of order. Acido should learn from this response.

As anticipated no action has been forthcoming from Digital Sports. Being generous I will suggest the e mail was wrongly addressed or went to the wrong person. That is irrelevant really. Evil, in the form of personal abuse, will flourish and grow if good men stand aside and do nothing. I have made my position clear on this and look on with a wry smile as Acido attempts to ingratiate his way back.

I am clear where I stand on this and content with my view that personal abuse such as that contained in Acido's post is not acceptable.

I will leave it there.

Acido
23-05-2023, 05:34 PM
I wonder how long Val will last at Watford.

pass_and_move
23-05-2023, 06:41 PM
Why not just do the decent thing Acido? The decline of this board is alarming in recent years with fewer and fewer posting.

This week we travel to Wembley in the play off final and in years gone by this board would be thriving with exciting posts with the anticipation of such a big game imminent. Not so now unfortunately.

upthecolliers
23-05-2023, 07:32 PM
Nearly 3000 views on here and not one in support of the nature of Acido's abusive post.

That tells me something about how respectful posters are on this board about it being OK to debate and disagree but to abuse others is out of order. Acido should learn from this response.

As anticipated no action has been forthcoming from Digital Sports. Being generous I will suggest the e mail was wrongly addressed or went to the wrong person. That is irrelevant really. Evil, in the form of personal abuse, will flourish and grow if good men stand aside and do nothing. I have made my position clear on this and look on with a wry smile as Acido attempts to ingratiate his way back.

I am clear where I stand on this and content with my view that personal abuse such as that contained in Acido's post is not acceptable.

I will leave it there.

SB his actions are of a "keyboard coward" so treat him like one.

Jules88
23-05-2023, 07:47 PM
Nice to see a post from Mr Colliers. Welcome back…..long time,
I’ve put some cr @p on here… but always apologise. I thought Acido was better than he demonstrates. However, rather than shame him, just don’t reply to him…. (As I am 100% certain some do to me…. ) And I deserved it on occasions. Eths, I really was sorry.

Roma would have told him to Gu Ballax…….!

SB, you’ve got more chance of a reply from PMG than Digital sports…lol .

SBRed48
23-05-2023, 09:14 PM

Thank you Colliers.

That is a very constructive contribution.

I will not rise to it.

Arblasterfromthepast
23-05-2023, 09:19 PM
Why not just do the decent thing Acido? The decline of this board is alarming in recent years with fewer and fewer posting.

This week we travel to Wembley in the play off final and in years gone by this board would be thriving with exciting posts with the anticipation of such a big game imminent. Not so now unfortunately.

Moderating is a difficult job and I think both moderators have done a good job over the few years that I've been on this board. However, posting as Acido did now makes the job of moderatinguch more difficult as the bar for what is acceptable has now been lowered. I'm very disappointed that you haven't had an apology SB.

SBRed48
23-05-2023, 09:34 PM

Colliers last Post but one on here on 12.04.2021 read

" Tha can't have a white dog sh1te thread without me and tha knows it, but if that Acido article has owt to do with it, not interested".

EthelRed
24-05-2023, 12:53 PM
Nice to see a post from Mr Colliers. Welcome back…..long time,
I’ve put some cr @p on here… but always apologise. I thought Acido was better than he demonstrates. However, rather than shame him, just don’t reply to him…. (As I am 100% certain some do to me…. ) And I deserved it on occasions. Eths, I really was sorry.

Roma would have told him to Gu Ballax…….!

SB, you’ve got more chance of a reply from PMG than Digital sports…lol .
I accepted your apology Jules, it was the right thing to do in my opinion. A sign of a decent person in my book. Removed any ill feeling and I would have a jar with you any time. I didn’t want to enter this debate but I’ll just leave it at SB has a point and Acido ought to have a think about it.