View Full Version : Everyone wants Ash.

kritichris
11-05-2023, 09:10 AM
Norwich, Stoke and Nobenders to name a few.

alfinyalcabo
11-05-2023, 10:38 AM
He's worth every penny,he will be missed by the all the players and fans here and hopefully he comes back to Burnley in some kind of roll in the future.

sinkov
11-05-2023, 10:58 AM
All Championship teams need a sh1thouse, Ash is Number One in that department, who wouldn't want him ?

barrie_burn
11-05-2023, 11:06 AM
I suspect that VK & Ash had a long chat.Leaving on a free at the end of his contract was best for both parties and Ash should now
be able to negotiate a nice two year deal for himself with a Club of his choosing.PNE and he wouldn't have to even move house
or rent a flat somewhere.

The Bedlington Terrier
11-05-2023, 11:32 AM
I suspect that VK & Ash had a long chat.Leaving on a free at the end of his contract was best for both parties and Ash should now
be able to negotiate a nice two year deal for himself with a Club of his choosing.PNE and he wouldn't have to even move house
or rent a flat somewhere.

He lives in Cheshire, Stoke would be a good bet.

alfinyalcabo
11-05-2023, 11:38 AM
Seems like Norwich are favourites to sign him.

The Bedlington Terrier
11-05-2023, 11:42 AM
Seems like Norwich are favourites to sign him.

There are worse places to bring your kids up Alfie.

Tap in MN
11-05-2023, 10:27 PM
Spent a year near Norwich a long time ago. Great city, lovely countryside and pubs, friendly people darts night a speciality.

alfinyalcabo
11-05-2023, 10:39 PM
We spend a lot of time down in Norfolk in the campervan BT..A lovely county with some super places to visit.

sinkov
12-05-2023, 07:42 AM
There was some clown on that other board saying, 'Who'd want to live in Norwich' ? Well I would for a start, love the place and the area.

The Bedlington Terrier
12-05-2023, 03:49 PM
There was some clown on that other board saying, 'Who'd want to live in Norwich' ? Well I would for a start, love the place and the area.

I love it in Norfolk I can’t think of anywhere nicer to raise a family.

kritichris
12-05-2023, 06:51 PM

How about Balmoral?

sinkov
12-05-2023, 06:59 PM
How about Balmoral?

No midges at Sandringham.

The Bedlington Terrier
12-05-2023, 08:07 PM
I’m no Royalist but by heck the Sandringham Estate really is something else. ;D

Tap in MN
13-05-2023, 03:02 AM

Amazing! I think we are all in agreement on this one. Bravo mes amis.

The Bedlington Terrier
13-05-2023, 07:46 AM
Amazing! I think we are all in agreement on this one. Bravo mes amis.

It’s my birthday today to find congruence on here is a birthday wish come true.

kritichris
13-05-2023, 08:00 AM

All the Best BT, have a good'n.

sinkov
13-05-2023, 08:01 AM
Happy Birthday mon ami. :heart:

Swissclaret
13-05-2023, 08:15 AM
Happy birthday BT. I hope you enjoy your day.

Supersub6
13-05-2023, 09:35 AM
Happy Birthday BT, have a great day whatever you are doing.

barrie_burn
13-05-2023, 10:39 AM
Happy birthday BT. I had mine on Monday but I don't want anymore:blue:

outwoodclaret
13-05-2023, 11:49 AM
I could have seen the Owls making a move for Barnes if they had achieved promotion to the Championship. Ash Wednesday would have had a nice ring to it but unfortunately they got stuffed by the Posh good and proper.

alfinyalcabo
13-05-2023, 12:08 PM
Happy birthday BT,lovely day for it so have a great day. 👍

outwoodclaret
13-05-2023, 12:32 PM
Happy Birthday BT. Beautiful sunshine here in Outwood County. Hope the sun is shining down on you.

Tap in MN
13-05-2023, 01:38 PM

Happy birthday BT. Now behave yourself!

sinkov
13-05-2023, 07:37 PM
I worry about Ash, he's had a brilliant six months, thanks to the way he's adapted to Vinni's style of play. Early on in the season, with all due respect to Ash, he was a run of the mill Championship striker who's career was in terminal decline.

I worry that he ends up in a bog standard Championship team, playing bog standard Championship football and he reverts to being a bog standard Championship striker again, and all the while the fans of his new club are expecting miracles every week, not to mention lots of goals.

I wish him well obviously, I wish him every success, but his next move has the potential to go very Pete Tong.

kritichris
13-05-2023, 09:12 PM
I worry about Ash, he's had a brilliant six months, thanks to the way he's adapted to Vinni's style of play. Early on in the season, with all due respect to Ash, he was a run of the mill Championship striker who's career was in terminal decline.

I worry that he ends up in a bog standard Championship team, playing bog standard Championship football and he reverts to being a bog standard Championship striker again, and all the while the fans of his new club are expecting miracles every week, not to mention lots of goals.

I wish him well obviously, I wish him every success, but his next move has the potential to go very Pete Tong.

A bit like Vokesy moving to Stoke, it never worked but then at Wycombe he had his swansong, however I believe Ash will be stronger than that and do well at his next club.

Balanbam00
14-05-2023, 08:30 AM
Oh! BT. I missed looking on here as there is no football now ,so you have crept up another year. B T , you do not need to have these so called 'Birthdays.' Take my tip!! When I have them, I usually call up about 5 or 6 young ladies and go out on a wild party, it's excellent because by age lowers to some lower level!! But then at some point later it creeps back again. I am working on that but still a problem, so try it and when you have found out that solution ,just let me know. I assume your doing something like that ,maybe not 5 or 6 young ladies but 2?? when it happens take note of your age it seems to drop for you to about 22-23 yrs old! B T remember , ''we are only young ,once ....twice etc. B T, I was just wondering what makes me so active ? The 6 months of sunshine???

sinkov
14-05-2023, 10:56 AM
I was just wondering what makes me so active ? The 6 months of sunshine???

I reckon it's dodging all them rockets Balan, it pays to be agile in Israel. ;D

The Bedlington Terrier
16-05-2023, 07:01 AM
One way or the other it’s going to cost us a few bob to replace him with somebody who’s a lot better than our number 1 $hithouse. £15 million upwards unless VK thinks he can get Weggy playing. B)

kritichris
16-05-2023, 07:07 AM
I think Weggy will be an ideal replacement for Ash, big presence, not easily intimidated and intimidating himself, draws defenders off and occasionally pops one in. He just needs to work on his lack of charisma and he'll be good to go.

sinkov
16-05-2023, 07:24 AM
Watching him for United, he seems to be ideally suited to the same role Ash was playing for us, I just didn't think United wanted to play through him, so he was largely peripheral. That wouldn't be the case playing in Vinni's Burnley team.

army88
16-05-2023, 11:32 AM
One way or the other it’s going to cost us a few bob to replace him with somebody who’s a lot better than our number 1 $hithouse. £15 million upwards unless VK thinks he can get Weggy playing. B)

I wouldn’t want to rely on weghorst for our goals tbh - though I think he may contribute for us if allowed and be a decent player for us - like last time tbh though he was asked to do a ridiculous job under Dyche.

I would t quite write Foster off just yet - I know you all say he’s garbage but VK wouldn’t pay the money he did for him without a good idea he was going to come good.

I’m still behind the lad to be a star ⭐️

wanderlust
16-05-2023, 01:42 PM
Foster hasn't been very prolific yet but he's young and has time to develop - but he'll never be the same type of player as Barnes.
Weghorst can put it about though and I suspect he'll be playing.

wanderlust
16-05-2023, 01:55 PM
Rumours VK wants to sign James Trafford.
After a disastrous loan spell at Accrington he came to us and a lot of our fans thought he was a **** signing but he started work with our GK coach Matt Gilkes and has just got better and better.
Good shot stopper and decent sweeper keeper but his long kicking can be wayward at times - perhaps because we always play out from the back where possible so he doesn't get much practice :)
He has a bit of an ego for a young lad - super confident in his abilities - but has backed it up with some great performances and 26? clean sheets this season. Built a good rapport with the fans and will be sorely missed.
Very good young prospect and would be an excellent signing for you IMO.

sinkov
16-05-2023, 02:50 PM
Rumours VK wants to sign James Trafford.
After a disastrous loan spell at Accrington he came to us and a lot of our fans thought he was a **** signing but he started work with our GK coach Matt Gilkes and has just got better and better.
Good shot stopper and decent sweeper keeper but his long kicking can be wayward at times - perhaps because we always play out from the back where possible so he doesn't get much practice :)
He has a bit of an ego for a young lad - super confident in his abilities - but has backed it up with some great performances and 26? clean sheets this season. Built a good rapport with the fans and will be sorely missed.
Very good young prospect and would be an excellent signing for you IMO.

I was watching Bolton v Barnsley on Sky and I'm sure they put up a graphic showing he had more clean sheets than every other keeper in the 4 leagues, I think De Gea was 2nd, but I could be wrong about that.

The Bedlington Terrier
16-05-2023, 03:54 PM
One lad not getting a mention is young Obafemi, I rate him and think he’ll do well next season. At present we are being linked with just about everybody and his dog but I am sure VK will have a cunning plan. >;)

The Bedlington Terrier
16-05-2023, 03:56 PM
Norwich, Stoke and Nobenders to name a few.

Deal done, he’s off to Norwich - 100%.

wanderlust
16-05-2023, 06:06 PM
I was watching Bolton v Barnsley on Sky and I'm sure they put up a graphic showing he had more clean sheets than every other keeper in the 4 leagues, I think De Gea was 2nd, but I could be wrong about that.

No you're right mate. That said, our defence has been pretty solid all season but when called into action he's been great and he's very quick off his line as the Barnsley strikers found out in the two 1 on 1s.
I just hope we turn up on Friday as our performance was very nervy in the first leg and our passing game was pants.

sinkov
16-05-2023, 06:41 PM
No you're right mate. That said, our defence has been pretty solid all season but when called into action he's been great and he's very quick off his line as the Barnsley strikers found out in the two 1 on 1s.
I just hope we turn up on Friday as our performance was very nervy in the first leg and our passing game was pants.

I thought it was a good game, I enjoyed it, could go either way imo, but what do I know ?

wanderlust
16-05-2023, 08:02 PM
I thought it was a good game, I enjoyed it, could go either way imo, but what do I know ?
Terrible game from our perspective though. Fair play to Barnsley closing down our midfield - we never got our passing game going bar a 15 minute spell near the end - they have some good players of the type I wish we could afford (including Luca Connell who we had to sell when we went bankrupt) but it is what it is. Andersen is quality but was sent off after 12 minutes when we stuffed them at Oakwell earlier in the season and it would be nice of him to do us the same favour again on Friday :)
Either way, we'll need to bring our game to this one or we'll get murdered. Reckon it will be feisty.