PDA

View Full Version : The boys are back in town

Oldstripy
27-06-2023, 10:27 AM
Our first-team squad returned for the first day of pre-season today.

The players, with the exception of Jodi Jones following his recent international exploits, were put through a number of physical tests by the medical team at Meadow Lane.

Head coach Luke Williams and his staff also returned from their summer breaks and will take their first pre-season session tomorrow.

We'll be catching up with the boss this week to discuss the busy summer so far.

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/2023/june/players-return-260623/

Eastcoastultra1977
27-06-2023, 10:51 AM
Has Nemane and Bostock gone?
I may have missed it.

Chicken Balti Pie
27-06-2023, 11:05 AM
I may have missed it.

Bostock was there, no Nemane pictured though

itsagrandoldteam
27-06-2023, 11:11 AM
Nemane can go. He's had 5 week to sort a deal, he's obviously waiting for a better offer elsewhere. Fair enough but we've given him enough time. Probably an agent involved and nemane is foolishly listening. I trust radar to find better and we've got cover already. He did well for us but its now time to pull the offer and call his bluff

Glad2BeAPie
27-06-2023, 11:35 AM
Nemane can go. He's had 5 week to sort a deal, he's obviously waiting for a better offer elsewhere. Fair enough but we've given him enough time. Probably an agent involved and nemane is foolishly listening. I trust radar to find better and we've got cover already. He did well for us but its now time to pull the offer and call his bluff
We need someone who once past the defence can put in a decent cross, Nemane did the former but couldn't do the latter enough

Proactive not Reactive
27-06-2023, 11:49 AM
Wow !! I knew Notts fans were fickle ..but
Him and Ruben were our most creative players, yes we can replace him but he played a big part in us getting promoted so the least we can do is give him until the End of June ESPECIALLY when we don't know ANYTHING about the communication between him and the club ... talk about a kangaroo court
You were the type that hung people for being witches etc in the medieval times

tommopie8
27-06-2023, 12:11 PM
I'm sure if Ruben had been weighing it up still there wouldn't be the calls to withdraw the offer.

Hope Nemane signs an extension but I'm sure the club will be aware if he's likely to sign or not and talking to alternatives in the meantime if it's the latter.

itsagrandoldteam
27-06-2023, 12:17 PM
Or maybe he's had enough time to decide whether he wants to be part of our success. Williams has said pre season is important for us, he's now missing the start. And we may be missing out on a replacement while waiting for him to decide. Its obvious he's waiting for a better deal, which is fine, but he's had chance to stay, nothing to do with witches and kangaroos, just that we can get better , we've replaced Rueben with better. Let's have chance to find that player, not hang around for someone to come crawling back when the better offer fails to materialise.

countygump
27-06-2023, 12:18 PM
I'm sure if Ruben had been weighing it up still there wouldn't be the calls to withdraw the offer.

Hope Nemane signs an extension but I'm sure the club will be aware if he's likely to sign or not and talking to alternatives in the meantime if it's the latter.

This^^^

Your contract ends on the day it ends and until that point you have every right as an employee to look elsewhere and see what's on offer. Nothing to see here AFAIC.

i961pie
27-06-2023, 12:30 PM
Or maybe he's had enough time to decide whether he wants to be part of our success. Williams has said pre season is important for us, he's now missing the start. And we may be missing out on a replacement while waiting for him to decide. Its obvious he's waiting for a better deal, which is fine, but he's had chance to stay, nothing to do with witches and kangaroos, just that we can get better , we've replaced Rueben with better. Let's have chance to find that player, not hang around for someone to come crawling back when the better offer fails to materialise.

We have replaced Reuben with better??? Let’s wait to see how they perform first. But I hope you are right.

durhampie
27-06-2023, 01:17 PM
Him and Ruben were our most creative players, yes we can replace him but he played a big part in us getting promoted so the least we can do is give him until the End of June ESPECIALLY when we don't know ANYTHING about the communication between him and the club ... talk about a kangaroo court

Or, is he just using us has a last resort in the event that his primary move fails to materialise..

kill_the_drum
27-06-2023, 01:45 PM
Who knows what the reason is, which is why it’s ridiculous when people say f**k him, he’s had enough time.
Maybe Nemane put in a counter offer weeks ago on his contract and the club are waiting to see what replacements are out there before they say yes/no?
Maybe negotiations are bouncing back/forth?
Maybe his cat died and football is just the last thing on his mind.

slack_pie
27-06-2023, 02:15 PM
Who knows what the reason is, which is why it’s ridiculous when people say f**k him, he’s had enough time.
Maybe Nemane put in a counter offer weeks ago on his contract and the club are waiting to see what replacements are out there before they say yes/no?
Maybe negotiations are bouncing back/forth?
Maybe his cat died and football is just the last thing on his mind.

Exactly. It's normal for footballers to negotiate the best deal for them, whether that's with one club or multiple. This idea that players must accept our terms right now of F off is ridiculous. Fans tend to see all this from a purely emotional perspective, but for the players it's also a practical decision about what's best for their careers and families. That stuff takes time to figure out.

countygump
27-06-2023, 02:56 PM
Couple of interesting piccys:

OP67
27-06-2023, 03:03 PM
I may have missed it.

Was Bostock likely to go considering he has over a year of his contract to go?

Looks to me Nemane is running his contract out in a few days and will be moving on. Otherwise why else would you leave it so late and miss the start of pre-season??

durhampie
27-06-2023, 04:45 PM
Do we need someone who really doesn't want to be here ?. We don't want unhappy players in the dressing room, we know what happened the last time we did....

eastwoodmagpie
27-06-2023, 05:32 PM
Bostock was there, no Nemane pictured though

Got tickets for Stoke & Forest and saw that Nemane was there with rest of the squad at the ground.

eastwoodmagpie
27-06-2023, 05:35 PM
Was Bostock likely to go considering he has over a year of his contract to go?

Looks to me Nemane is running his contract out in a few days and will be moving on. Otherwise why else would you leave it so late and miss the start of pre-season??
to
Nemane was training today with the rest of the squad today

SongBird
27-06-2023, 06:10 PM
Do we need someone who really doesn't want to be here ?. We don't want unhappy players in the dressing room, we know what happened the last time we did....

No I'd say we don't want anyone who doesn't want to be here, but we don't know yet if that is the case. Could be wrong but might be media team managing the announcement?

laddo
27-06-2023, 06:18 PM
SongBird beat me to it and put what I was going to comment. We definitely don't want anyone who doesn't want to be here, but we don't know yet if that is the case. It's all speculation and guesswork at this stage to keep us occupied whilst we don't have games and team selections to talk about.

It won't be long before people get the answer to the classic 'will he, won't he'

OP67
27-06-2023, 06:30 PM
Can't see Nemane in training today...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdI2YVeoJmc&ab_channel=NottsCountyFC

BCnotts18
27-06-2023, 06:43 PM
Can't see Nemane in training today...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdI2YVeoJmc&ab_channel=NottsCountyFC

Not sure who this is though.

https://twitter.com/Ewan_Cr98/status/1673762283162333184?s=20

OP67
27-06-2023, 06:48 PM
Not sure who this is though

Nor me, maybe Aarons replacement ;D

durhampie
27-06-2023, 06:55 PM
SongBird beat me to it and put what I was going to comment. We definitely don't want anyone who doesn't want to be here, but we don't know yet if that is the case. It's all speculation and guesswork at this stage to keep us occupied whilst we don't have games and team selections to talk about.

It won't be long before people get the answer to the classic 'will he, won't he'

He is still under contract till the end of the month, so therefore he should have been at the training session. The fact that he wasnt strongly suggests he was training somewhere else..

jacobncfc
27-06-2023, 06:57 PM
He is still under contract till the end of the month, so therefore he should have been at the training session. The fact that he wasnt strongly suggests he was training somewhere else..

We have absolutely no idea whether he was or not. If he was, they’ll have obviously edited the video not to show him, because they’ll want to announce him signing a new contract as at least something of a surprise.

laddo
27-06-2023, 07:04 PM
We have absolutely no idea whether he was or not. If he was, they’ll have obviously edited the video not to show him, because they’ll want to announce him signing a new contract as at least something of a surprise.

I don't know Jacob....... durhampie said it was a 'fact'. I wouldn't be surprised if he was down at the training ground to check on his boy Nemane.

durhampie
27-06-2023, 07:09 PM

Living in hope that a guy who will end up a bench warmer signs a new contract. :O

countygump
27-06-2023, 07:27 PM
Praps we could make a few quid with Disney ala Wrectum.

Finding Nemo(ane)?

Magpies1959
27-06-2023, 07:38 PM
^^
xd

matt_magpie
27-06-2023, 07:50 PM
It’s looking unlikely Nemanes not signing if he’s not at training. I have no issue if he’s trying to get a better deal with us or if he’s off, it’s a short career and players are not on mega bucks at this level so he has every right to try and get as much as he can, it’s nothing against Notts.
If he does go I 100% wish him all the best as he was a key player in finally getting us out of non league so I will always hold him in high esteem with the rest of them.

Russ_OTF
27-06-2023, 08:16 PM
The absolute bed wetters in here. Nemane can do what he wants. Why should he accept the first thing offered to him. Maybe he thinks he deserves better than Notts offered and is negotiating a better deal for himself and family with Notts to iron something out.

I think he is more than likely going to stay. He would have gone by now if he wasn't.

lunaspie
27-06-2023, 08:54 PM
Praps we could make a few quid with Disney ala Wrectum.

Finding Nemo(ane)?

I think,given the thread title,we are more likely to swoop into deepest Norfolk and make a signing or two from the Lynotts.

BCnotts18
27-06-2023, 09:31 PM
Nor me, maybe Aarons replacement ;D

Apparently it's Sam Blair, a young keeper just released by Norwich.

Ex_Southwell_Magpie
27-06-2023, 09:38 PM
Apparently it's Sam Blair, a young keeper just released by Norwich.

Definitely looks like him.

CamPie
27-06-2023, 10:20 PM

Is the right answer. There has been some right b*llox written on here by others regarding Nemane and whether we should rip up the contract offer.

Also if you look at the training video closely in the first few seconds there is a glimpse of someone, mostly hidden by others, (a tempter from the media team?) that I’m half convinced is Nemane.

And if he signs for someone else then good luck to him, he did a great job for us last year as the stats and most fans would testify.

OP67
27-06-2023, 10:46 PM
Is the right answer. There has been some right b*llox written on here by others regarding Nemane and whether we should rip up the contract offer.

Also if you look at the training video closely in the first few seconds there is a glimpse of someone, mostly hidden by others, (a tempter from the media team?) that I’m half convinced is Nemane

That's Junior Morias

CamPie
27-06-2023, 11:05 PM
That's Junior Morias

That is yes but not the clip I’m referring to. 23 seconds in - could be Morias granted, could be Nemane. Anyway he was either there or not. He wouldn’t be featured if not yet signed a contact, as Jacob said. If he leaves he has my best wishes for the future as imo he will have earned his chance at a higher level. (I may have a different opinion if he signs for Hollywood, Stags, Stockport or Bradford mind you.).

durhampie
28-06-2023, 12:30 AM
That is yes but not the clip I’m referring to. 23 seconds in - could be Morias granted, could be Nemane. Anyway he was either there or not. He wouldn’t be featured if not yet signed a contact, as Jacob said. If he leaves he has my best wishes for the future as imo he will have earned his chance at a higher level. (I may have a different opinion if he signs for Hollywood, Stags, Stockport or Bradford mind you.).

If he does decide to leave, then at least have the decency to do what Rodders did and let us know.. Instead of, i will sign if my first option fails..

CamPie
28-06-2023, 06:34 AM
If he does decide to leave, then at least have the decency to do what Rodders did and let us know.. Instead of, i will sign if my first option fails..

Because of course you know that is what he’s doing? Even if he is so what. Anyone applying for several jobs in any walk of life would take time to assess or negotiate best offers for them before accepting one and rejecting the others. It’s fine for you and me so why not a footballer?

Proactive not Reactive
28-06-2023, 06:44 AM
Because of course you know that is what he’s doing? Even if he is so what. Anyone applying for several jobs in any walk of life would take time to assess or negotiate best offers for them before accepting one and rejecting the others. It’s fine for you and me so why not a footballer?

Cam Pie there is no point reasoning and commenting sensibly to Durham Pie ... especially about Nemane it's quite clear he dislikes him so whatever Nemane does it's not good in Durham's eyes

durhampie
28-06-2023, 09:26 AM
Cam Pie there is no point reasoning and commenting sensibly to Durham Pie ... especially about Nemane it's quite clear he dislikes him so whatever Nemane does it's not good in Durham's eyes

I do not dislike Nemane, as i dont know him. For all i know he is probably a really nice guy. The part I'm not fussed about, is that i dont think he is has good as people on here keep saying.

laddo
28-06-2023, 09:37 AM
You don't say XD That's fine you don't rate him and haven't all last season.

But you are coming across like you are so desperate for him to leave. You are definitely fussed about him, like you were with Bostock.

durhampie
28-06-2023, 10:26 AM
At least I can say I've seen them play to form an oppinion. Did you you forgot to read an earlier post, where I said Bostock had become much better. Or do you not bother with the positives....

TSANHO
28-06-2023, 10:42 AM
Starting to degenerate into something more akin to the handbags thread here chaps.

durhampie
28-06-2023, 10:46 AM
That's what happens when certain people do nothing but critisise other peoples views..

laddo
28-06-2023, 10:54 AM
At least I can say I've seen them play to form an oppinion. Did you you forgot to read an earlier post, where I said Bostock had become much better. Or do you not bother with the positives....

So can I, I have seen both play multiple times. And no I did not forget, it is really really easy to spot when you say something positive on here.

Oh and I (and probably everyone) would agree, of course he got much better. That was surely to be expected, you can't expect him to be at his best at a new club, with new teammates, when not fully fit in the first handful of games surely?! That would crazy talk, right?

I disagree and agree with other peoples views all the time, its a balanced approach and what NCM is all about.

MAD_MAGPIE
28-06-2023, 11:10 AM

There are some posts with emotional responses in them.

We have to remember that in the lower leagues players are not going to be making money where they will be able to retire at 35 and live comfortably for the rest of their lives and not need to work again. So they have to do what’s best for themselves and their families. It’s very a much a strike while the iron is hot way of earning money especially when your stock is high.

Also part of the times we live in is the fast pace of everything. There is no patience. Negotiations take time and I’d imagine if Nemane did have other offers as is rightly the case agents and the club will be in discussions.

It’s the summer and Nemane is entitled to a holiday and go away and relax. For all we know he may be visiting friends or family overseas and may still be away which is why he might not be at training. We don’t know or need to know everyone’s personal circumstances.

It’s not like the club won’t know what’s going off either. All of this will be being conducted privately behind the scenes as is should be because that is the professional way this club is now run. The club does not need to be posting constant updates as to what is happening with players. As others have said it maybe being managed by the club so that all scenarios are covered.

For example if Nemane does not accept an offer I’d guess we may announce a new signing first. Then deliver the bad news second to that a little later. Much like with McGoldrick signing and Ruben leaving.

If it’s the other scenario whereby he accepts then contracts run out on Friday so a new one would start on Monday.

Trust the radar.

CamPie
28-06-2023, 11:42 AM

We have to remember that in the lower leagues players are not going to be making money where they will be able to retire at 35 and live comfortably for the rest of their lives and not need to work again. So they have to do what’s best for themselves and their families. It’s very a much a strike while the iron is hot way of earning money especially when your stock is high.

Also part of the times we live in is the fast pace of everything. There is no patience. Negotiations take time and I’d imagine if Nemane did have other offers as is rightly the case agents and the club will be in discussions.

It’s the summer and Nemane is entitled to a holiday and go away and relax. For all we know he may be visiting friends or family overseas and may still be away which is why he might not be at training. We don’t know or need to know everyone’s personal circumstances.

It’s not like the club won’t know what’s going off either. All of this will be being conducted privately behind the scenes as is should be because that is the professional way this club is now run. The club does not need to be posting constant updates as to what is happening with players. As others have said it maybe being managed by the club so that all scenarios are covered.

For example if Nemane does not accept an offer I’d guess we may announce a new signing first. Then deliver the bad news second to that a little later. Much like with McGoldrick signing and Ruben leaving.

If it’s the other scenario whereby he accepts then contracts run out on Friday so a new one would start on Monday.

Trust the radar.

Stop talking sense!! It has no place on this forum.

matt_magpie
28-06-2023, 12:11 PM

Trust the radar.

Exactly, maybe Notts have low balled him with an offer, we don’t know but what we can probably assume is Notts aren’t just sitting around waiting for a decision from him. He’s either gone and as you said we’re managing it PR wise or the parties have set a cut off date to have it sorted either way. I think we will know in the next week, can’t see it being any longer.

crazyfists
28-06-2023, 02:11 PM
Who cares enough to argue about it or whether you can see him on the video, bloomin heck. He was good last season and hope he stays but if he doesn't we'll get someone else in, we won't be short of decent players willing to come to us.

durhampie
28-06-2023, 04:54 PM
Who cares enough to argue about it or whether you can see him on the video, bloomin heck. He was good last season and hope he stays but if he doesn't we'll get someone else in, we won't be short of decent players willing to come to us.

If he stays or goes, it doesn't matter either way. If he does go then, I'm sure Notts will have a better replacement lined up. Players come and go, But we will still be there....

Russ_OTF
28-06-2023, 05:48 PM
Seems to matter and awful lot to you.

Seems like he's staying any way. LW has alluded to negotiations have been happening from both sides.

So there you go. Imbarrssed yourself yet again.

Proactive not Reactive
28-06-2023, 06:57 PM
Luckily LW and Notts want Nemane to stay more than Durham I know who I trust

durhampie
28-06-2023, 07:34 PM
Seems to matter and awful lot to you.

Seems like he's staying any way. LW has alluded to negotiations have been happening from both sides.

So there you go. Imbarrssed yourself yet again.

Like i said. i couldn't care less either way, but you need to spell embarrassed correctly....

laddo
28-06-2023, 08:04 PM
Luckily LW and Notts want Nemane to stay more than Durham I know who I trust

And he's seen more games too..... possibly :)

durhampie
28-06-2023, 08:25 PM
And he's seen more games too..... possibly :)

I bet he hasn't.. B)

laddo
28-06-2023, 08:39 PM
XD

Russ_OTF
29-06-2023, 05:32 AM
Like i said. i couldn't care less either way, but you need to spell embarrassed correctly....

The spelling is a throwback to an infamous post. Keep up.

LaxtonLad
29-06-2023, 05:56 AM
The spelling is a throwback to an infamous post. Keep up.

Can you remember when it was spelt 'inbarrassed' by a Forest fan, years ago?

i961pie
29-06-2023, 06:12 AM
Can you remember when it was spelt 'inbarrassed' by a Forest fan, years ago?

Worcester Red I believe.

The_Don_ORiordan
29-06-2023, 07:22 AM
Worcester Red I believe.

Did he also have a Physco t-shirt?

SwalePie
29-06-2023, 10:46 AM
Did he also have a Physco t-shirt?

Haha that was another NCM classic :)

lunaspie
29-06-2023, 01:08 PM
Let's just hope this pre-season goes more successfully than Kevin Nolan's final one,where it was more a case of, 'there's whiskey in the jar-o.'

OP67
30-06-2023, 02:38 PM
So still no news on Nemane and his contract running out tonight. Means he's free to seek employment elsewhere and get a signing on fee as it seems money is the priority to him not the club...Bye!

CamPie
30-06-2023, 03:22 PM
So still no news on Nemane and his contract running out tonight. Means he's free to seek employment elsewhere and get a signing on fee as it seems money is the priority to him not the club...Bye!

ha ha - another in the know.

durhampie
30-06-2023, 03:28 PM
You could just imagine the whole of Mad going into mourning if superstar boy wonder departs for those extra few bucks....

CamPie
30-06-2023, 03:31 PM
You could just imagine the whole of Mad going into mourning if superstar boy wonder departs for those extra few bucks....

Well clearly not the whole of Mad :D. Not sure anyone will be mourning but there's quite a few who would like him to re-sign and I'm confident in the current administration that we would not be breaking the bank for Nemane or anyone else for that matter.

laddo
30-06-2023, 03:41 PM

He's already gone. He left about 2 weeks ago for those extra few bucks and L1.

magpie_mania
30-06-2023, 04:04 PM
He's already gone. He left about 2 weeks ago for those extra few bucks and L1.
LW didn't say that this week..

laddo
30-06-2023, 04:29 PM
LW didn't say that this week..

superstar boy wonder = Ruben, well in my eyes anyway.

Still HEART Ruben.

magpie_mania
30-06-2023, 04:33 PM
superstar boy wonder = Ruben, well in my eyes anyway.

Still HEART Ruben.

And there was me thinking it was a discussion about Nemane.

You need to get some help with your obsession about Ruben.

laddo
30-06-2023, 04:37 PM
And there was me thinking it was a discussion about Nemane.

You need to get some help with your obsession about Ruben.

I've never seen superstar boy wonder and Nemane in the same sentence before, so it was a best guess.

I tried to the other day but the queue was huge! My obsession paled in significance compared to those ahead of me in the long queue seeking help :)

Magpies1959
30-06-2023, 04:43 PM
^^
:D

SmiffyPie
30-06-2023, 07:29 PM
Roll on the start of the season. Can't stand much more of the aimless BS.

BanjoPie
30-06-2023, 09:51 PM
Roll on the start of the season. Can't stand much more of the aimless BS.

Here here :s