PDA

View Full Version : Harry Kane and the quest to break Shearer's record

HughieG
27-06-2023, 11:23 AM
Bayern Munich have formally submitted a bid, starting at EUR 70mil.

His contract expires next season, so if Spurs want to cash in, they ought to do it now. If Man United don't match the bid, I'm certain he will leave the Premier League.

And I would luuuuuv it if Shearer keeps his record :D

Sclox
27-06-2023, 12:52 PM
Hope he moves to Munich tho red Manchester would love him, Mount and Raya this window.

TANYA_
27-06-2023, 06:14 PM
it would be funny if Maddison signs for Spuds and Kane fecks off to Bayern XD

I really think Kane leaving will signal the start of a catastrophic fall from grace for that club, without his goals they would be a bottom half side. Imagine if Son left too.

I did hear somewhere that Son gets financial incentives for all Spurs merch that gets sold in South Korea, quite a lucrative deal if true, they love him

Jammy89
27-06-2023, 06:57 PM
They are not going to sell for that, but now he knows they want him. . .

Would love to see him go though.

He goes Munich he'll win trophies.

Zippity
27-06-2023, 08:30 PM
Kane will stay in England because he knows, in Germany, he won't get away with the ****house tackles from behind that are basically ignored here.

GBruno
27-06-2023, 10:56 PM
I will be amazed if Kane leaves England.

Ragatino
28-06-2023, 02:20 AM
I will be amazed if Kane leaves England.

It's disappointing that he is England's all tune highest goal scorer. The man is a fraud, a bottle job. The anti-Shearer the anti-Drogba the man who bangs in 4 v San Marino but disappears v Croatia in the semi final. A bottle job - Spurs personified.

For that blank to be the prem all time leading goal scorer would be a travesty!

Great if he goes to Germany would be happy to see the rescued intact. Alternatively he goes to the red filth & gets a series of bad injuries takes the curse of spurs with him. They win F all.

Happy with those two scenarios

TANYA_
28-06-2023, 06:09 AM
It's disappointing that he is England's all tune highest goal scorer. The man is a fraud, a bottle job. The anti-Shearer the anti-Drogba the man who bangs in 4 v San Marino but disappears v Croatia in the semi final. A bottle job - Spurs personified.

Great if he goes to Germany would be happy to see the rescued intact. Alternatively he goes to the red filth & gets a series of bad injuries takes the curse of spurs with him. They win F all.

you not a fan? XD XD

Ragatino
28-06-2023, 09:52 AM
you not a fan? XD XD

In a word T, No!

Long answer... :D

I just don't get the hype.

The old sayings are the best.

He's a great goal scorer but not a scorer of great goals.

He's an important goal scorer but not a scorer of important goals.

He's been to the UCL final with a full strength Spurs team and didn't even trouble the goal.

He's been to European Championships Semi Final with England & was anonymous.

He will be spoken about in the same discussion as Darren Bent & Jamie Vardy.

Peter Crouch was a more impactful England striker than Kane. He scored goals that meant something.

Kane couldn't lace Shearer's boots!

Jammy89
28-06-2023, 07:19 PM

Aye - fair shouts on all of them.

HughieG
29-06-2023, 12:42 PM
Not a massive Kane fan myself, but I don't see how you can not rate him as a player.

You could argue that Kane has scored 30 goals in shyte side this season. He simply isn't surrounded with the quality players that eg. Haaland is. I would also argue that the 'beauty' of the goals is irrelevant - the fact that he scores goals and gets the job done is what counts. Wilson's goals aren't always beauties, but I love it every time he scores nonetheless. The other stuff is just a bonus.

If Kane goes to a more ambitious club, he will be winning trophies and will be scoring a bundle of goals.

I agree that Shearer is a more complete player, no doubt. I also agree that Kane hasn't performed at a top level in the National side. Other than that, one of the best strikers of this generation, no question.