PDA

View Full Version : August 5th.

Psaw
09-07-2023, 12:51 PM
Wisbech Town v March Town United, FA cup.

Be there or be square. Trains were laid on in the old days, loud atmosphere guaranteed.

Chauncey
12-07-2023, 11:23 AM
I've had a look into this Frank and you are right it's a proper derby,will you be going as it could be a cracker of a game,looks very even going by past games results and both sides winning 4 out of their past 5 games could go either way

Chauncey
06-08-2023, 07:56 AM
Did you go Frankie?

Excellent result for the Fenmen with an impressive 400 odd watching the game,first hurdle has been overcome for FA Cup glory,bring it on!

Psaw
06-08-2023, 10:50 AM
Yes i did go, men against boys, March could not get out of their own half in the second half, the left back was laughable. I dont know which was more, the badness of March or the good of Wisbech, good Fenmen season coming. One of the March midfielders was remarkable, i dont know why he was there.

They were dreadful last week, more now. Wisbech are top, im sure they may stay there, the Wisbech right back was stunning attacking and defending by equal measure, great signing there.

Chauncey
14-08-2023, 10:17 AM
Wisbech 0 Ashby Ivanhoe 2

First defeat of the season and now i suppose it’s all about avoiding relegation with you isn’t it Frank,you going back to supporting Utd now?

Cracking name for a football club though,Ashby Ivanhoe

Psaw
15-08-2023, 09:01 AM
No. If i could id buy the club, bulldoze the ground, then sell the land for housing. Dang, if i had big money id bulid a mansion there called cambridge towers(fallen)ex home of gangsters, con men, liars, politicians, spivs, as sholes, package holiday sellers, black lives matter hooligans, deviants, the stupid left, democrats, robbers of fans, an ayatollah, se xual deviants, the inadequate, the destroyers of britain, fat owners, chubby cheeked, begging for a cardiac arrest, labour politicians, hell bent on stupidity, a board with no female, a shadow board that casts no shadows, made up of sheep, cuddly dogs, a ss lickers, all enjoying the enjoyment of being taken seriously,.....not.

Shakespere wrote much ado about nothing, it might as well have been about cambridge united, leaving a brown slick on the pages of history.

And as a punishment, riding high in div 1 with stricken giraffes for players, the unloved, un talented, the rejected, scorned, mocked deritus from other clubs.

Rubbing my nose in it.

There will be a cleansing fire perpetrated by god, where amber and black towers falls to the sea, is admitted to the fires of hell, where their own hell will be about a coming extinction, defeat after defeat, like so many times before.

Over and over. While the sixpences of the fans are sucked into con mens bank accounts, where big piles grow. And the big sixpence will be traded again by the fat man.

United are a donkeys klincker, a puddle, an expectorant from the nose, smeared across the face. They may as well be March Town United, a hopeless case, unable to win a free lottery, never mind owt else.

They are as corrupt, meaningless, criminal as the Labour party, or the conservatives. The conservatives are children now, the country is finished, there is no hope. As in all things life is cyclical, that the apogee of United is now, it can only get worse, that i can create United anew, in my mind.

That they belong too the southerh league central, with local derbies against Biggleswade. Attendances are 214. The chairman sells bikes. Postman Pat, plays centre half, Yosemite Sam is in goal.

They lose at home to Gorleston. The chairman says that the club needs a new Deraillier gear. FK United. Failure, humiliation is coming, its a matter of time.

Chauncey
17-08-2023, 09:03 AM
Wisbech v Biggleswade Town on Saturday

Are you going Frankie,it’s the FA Cup and the second step towards meeting Utd at Wembley in the final in May,love a FA Cup game myself even lower league,it’s the dream of drawing someone big in the next round

Psaw
17-08-2023, 10:43 AM
Not saturday, my car will be in Brum, but i wont be in it, i would otherwise. The game v Ashby was a disaster, but thats Wisbech, good one day, disastrous the next.

Strangely March are going from strength to strength, they were embarrasingly bad v Wisbech, bad v Newport but are now motoring. Both Biggleswade teams are doing well, its a village with about 15,000 residents with two southern league teams, how odd is that, both in the same division.

Who knows what will turn up performance wise. I expect you will be following county.

Chauncey
17-08-2023, 11:29 AM
I would love to meet Cambridge,Carlisle or Rochdale in the first round proper of the cup,at least one of our clubs would go through to the next round,Carlton lost last week in the replay so that’s the end of them,Notts v Carlton would have been awesome

I went to Morcambe for the day on Tuesday and then went to watch Notts play their game in the evening,I liked Morcambe,it’s old school even if it’s scruffy in places,it reminds me of Skeggy in its character but far more scenic from the prom strangely there’s a statue of Eric Morcambe there who tbh I thought was from Luton

Talking of character,what made you decide to chip in with the winnings in the prediction comp,I thought that you was just holding back for the crac,to have a laugh at Cumbrians expense,what I’m saying is that it’s not like you Frank

Psaw
18-08-2023, 11:16 AM
Not like me?, i wont take that personally, you dont know anything about me. Im either 100 percent on something or one percent, there is no in between. The one percent came up.

Chauncey
18-08-2023, 02:18 PM
Not like me?, i wont take that personally, you dont know anything about me. Im either 100 percent on something or one percent, there is no in between. The one percent came up.

I’m not quite what that means but fair enough Frank,anyway nobody really knows what posters are like who post on forums really,we are all probably completely different to the way that we portray ourselves to others 👍

Chauncey
19-08-2023, 06:20 PM
Wisbech v Biggleswade Town on Saturday

Nevermind Frank,Utd are top of the league though so it’s not all bad news…

Oh,sorry

Psaw
20-08-2023, 08:44 AM
What was that line, i really dont know life....at all, both sides now. Or football, or anything else, when you think youve sussed it, you realise you dont know anything about anything.

The problem with being top, its a long fall, the sooner Bonner goes the better, the attraction for clubs is that hes turned a bunch of cheap, criminal, losing no hopers into winners, thats a big attraction for the likes of Wigan, Rotherham, or Hull.

Championship if hes lucky, the normal losing service to be then re-established.

Uniteds temporary trips to higher spheres has ALWAYS been about a talented manager, not because they deserve or can sustain higher status.

I will have the last laugh when Barry Corr takes over.

Chauncey
20-08-2023, 03:20 PM
It’s a pity that you told me to shove the fiver bet that we on who would be higher in the league,Cambridge or Carlisle as I would have paid you due to you chipping in with the prediction comp,have you always been that bad at decision making Frank ?

Chauncey
20-08-2023, 03:35 PM

The thought of going through to the next world is bothering you at all then Frank,how long do you think that you’ve got down here,10 years maybe 15 years max and you know that those years will flash by don’t you and it’s a sobering thought if you really don’t want to go just yet,I only hope that you’ve been good over the past 60+ years because giving cash to a prediction comp ain’t gonna cut it

Well I don’t believe that heaven waits,
For just those who congregate,
I would like to think of God as love
He’s down below,he’s up above,
He’s watching people everywhere,
Those who do and don’t care
And I’m a ordinary boy
Sometimes I wonder who I am

Don Williams

Psaw
21-08-2023, 01:02 PM
Dying is uppermost in my mind, but not for the reasons you think, with time getting short its time to make decisions. The most pressing is whether to sell up in brum, and spend the money on a better house, or not. Madam is far from well, moving will be bad.

Im happy here, you will laugh at this, i have a tribe of birds that get fed at about 12 noon, a new resident wont feed them. My father died at 85, i reckon that will be me too, so ive got about 20 years.

Near death experiencers, when they are on the other side say dying is nothing, some even enjoyed it, and to be honest to have my weights lifted off will be a relief. On recouting their deaths the suffering involved is never mentioned.

There is a sudden pop, and you are free. One said there is no need to become spiritual, we already are. And Don Williams is right, near death people say religion is pap. When i go, i go for the peace and atmosphere, my internal emotional weather changes immediately.

You are right that years flash by, its remarkable how that happens, ove got a chunk of cash i dont know what to do with apart from the house, ive been poor, spending money for the sake feels like sin. What to do with that? i cant buy rubbish for the sake, it has to be well spent...like houses.

I wish i could go somewhere poor and just hand cash out, the impact would be immense, and go to where its needed. If my responsibilties get lifted and i am free, im going to be a cash angel flying into poor places to give it away.

To see those faces. You can add America to poor places, the homeless there are heart breaking, and the democrats, Labour, dont care, its looking after n0 1.

Chauncey
21-08-2023, 03:07 PM
Dying is uppermost in my mind, but not for the reasons you think, with time getting short its time to make decisions. The most pressing is whether to sell up in brum, and spend the money on a better house, or not. Madam is far from well, moving will be bad.

Im happy here, you will laugh at this, i have a tribe of birds that get fed at about 12 noon, a new resident wont feed them.

I wish i could go somewhere poor and just hand cash out, the impact would be immense, and go to where its needed. If my responsibilties get lifted and i am free, im going to be a cash angel flying into poor places to give it away.

You don't live in brum though do you Frank,have you got property there from when you was a brummie or summat? Have you any kids,I've never heard you mention any but then again you msy want to keep things like that private,I hope that your Mrs gets better soon but I know that she's poorly as you've mentioned it before but I know that you will be there for her whatever

When all said and done it's your money and you can do with it whatever you want,if you leave something to a charity leave it to a small local one,take no notice of the charities on ITV2/3/4 in the afternoons because if they've got £4/5,000 per advert to spare then they aren't as skint as they make out,give it to an animal charity in Ely or Cambridge who would appreciate it far more

I bet those birds that you feed look forward to seeing you and the food that you give them,I would get immense pleasure from doing something like that