PDA

View Full Version : Trnsmt

Omegstrat6
09-07-2023, 04:45 PM
Anyone else watched any of this? Must say it makes me feel increasingly old!😞 I get the energy of newer bands like Dead Pony and indie ones like The View or Inhailers are ok and newcomer Brooke Combe certainly has a good voice but, for me, they were not a patch on Paul Heaton. Much as I like Lucy Spraggan, Heaton's set has been the best I've seen (and I thought Rianne Downey did a stirling job filling in for the unwell Jacqui Abbott).

Newer acts may prove that popular music isn't dead but I'm also increasingly beginning to feel that we won't see too many of them replicating the longevity of classic bands and artists from the 60s/70s or 80s.

BARBaggies82
09-07-2023, 04:50 PM
Anyone else watched any of this? Must say it makes me feel increasingly old!😞 I get the energy of newer bands like Dead Pony and indie ones like The View or Inhailers are ok and newcomer Brooke Combe certainly has a good voice but, for me, they were not a patch on Paul Heaton. Much as I like Lucy Spraggan, Heaton's set has been the best I've seen (and I thought Rianne Downey did a stirling job filling in for the unwell Jacqui Abbott).

Newer acts may prove that popular music isn't dead but I'm also increasingly beginning to feel that we won't see too many of them replicating the longevity of classic bands and artists from the 60s/70s or 80s.

You're gonna have to expand this.

I'm 40 and all I can see in this post is words.

Omegstrat6
09-07-2023, 04:58 PM
You're gonna have to expand this.

I'm 40 and all I can see in this post is words.

Don't know whether you are kind of proving my point there!😁😁

BARBaggies82
09-07-2023, 05:21 PM
Don't know whether you are kind of proving my point there!😁😁

Let's start with the thread title 😄.....??

mickd1961
09-07-2023, 05:25 PM
I haven’t the first clue what you’re going on about Omeg.

Would bring dyslexic help me?

SwedishBaggie
09-07-2023, 05:49 PM
Trnsmt - something Polish (language without vowels)!?

Albionic68
09-07-2023, 05:50 PM
Follow the link.....

https://trnsmtfest.com/line-up

mickd1961
09-07-2023, 06:01 PM

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Dubbag
09-07-2023, 06:01 PM

I was thinking the same here....even though my Polish isn't great....

Dubbag
09-07-2023, 06:02 PM

XD Very good XD

SwedishBaggie
09-07-2023, 06:14 PM
I was thinking the same here....even though my Polish isn't great....

You have to polish on it… 😎😜

Dubbag
09-07-2023, 06:37 PM
You have to polish on it… ����

I'll just shout louder in English.

Omegstrat6
09-07-2023, 09:09 PM
Apparently the TRNSMT title isn't an acronym and doesn't have any meaning. Just trying to be clever maybe not using any vowels or maybe just following the lazy social media trend on this but everyone just says it as "transmit" anyway which is probably what it's meant to mean. It's been running since 2017 and has seen some good bands play. Glad to see most of you lot keeping up with the youngsters ! 😀😂 (mind you, as it's hosted in Glasgow perhaps you could be forgiven 😀)

mickd1961
09-07-2023, 09:13 PM
I’d rather s h I t on my hands and clap vigorously than listen to the majority of those bands.

Omegstrat6
09-07-2023, 10:03 PM
That's what I was driving at. There are a few that are ok but simply can't see anything in most of them and only older established acts like Heaton seem to have any quality. Not just TRNSMT either. With many classic "heritage" acts now past their sell by date (they may still be able to play but a lot of voices have gone) I just wonder where any future great bands/artists are going to come from. Maybe it's the changes in the music industry or maybe I'm just getting old but tend to agree with your assessment

mickd1961
09-07-2023, 11:02 PM
One thing I really hate about a lot of modern singers is the way they sound as if they’re straining to have a sh it as they sing.

I hope other know what I mean by this, it’s like straining for straining a sake, like they’re in pain.

I absolutely hate most of them and all the virtue signalling.

I mean, at least when Bono was doing it we all knew he was a hypocrite.

I remember a story about him having his new designer gear dragged all around the yard of his castle back in the 80’s just to give it the worn look because he was worried about looking too rich!

There’s a multitude of w anchors in the world of music and the arts, I prefer my w anchors to be obvious hypocrites but it’s getting harder to spot these days.

I’m obviously out of touch.

yoonited
12-07-2023, 12:37 PM

I'm a dyslexic agnostic insomniac. I lie awake all night wondering if there's a dog.