PDA

View Full Version : Monaco’s Axel Disasi ‘agrees’ to join Newcastle

toonozandy
10-07-2023, 09:38 PM
An exclusive from Steve Kay at FootballTransfers reveals that we have held talks with the Monaco centre-back and reached a verbal agreement over a potential move to St James’ Park.

He reports that we’ve received the green light from the player’s camp, with the player happy with the game time on offer and ready to take the next step in his career. The next step would be agreeing a fee with Monaco, with Fabrizio Romano reporting on Sunday night that we’re set to approach the Ligue 1 side. Man Utd are also keen on the 25-year-old, but will only pursue another CB if Harry Maguire is sold.

JORDAN HARRIS also reports that Newcastle United have cleared a major hurdle in their push to win the race to sign Axel Disasi, with personal terms now agreed with the Monaco star.

That is according to a report from Football Transfers, which suggests that the Magpies have provided assurances that the 25-year-old will play regularly next season.

Axel Disasi is attracting plenty of attention of the new campaign. He was an ever-present for the Principality side last season.

FABRIZIO ROMANO also reported on Twitter that Newcastle were expected to reach out to Monaco about a potential move for Disasi. And it seems that they have already sorted one aspect of any possible deal. Football Transfers reports that Newcastle have now agreed personal terms with Disasi himself.

GBruno
10-07-2023, 09:55 PM
Never heard of him, but glad we are being linked to a cente back. Strangely quiet on the left back position though!

Ragatino
10-07-2023, 10:10 PM
Yeah man, Fab Romano mentioned this a couple of days ago.

He's in and around the France first team. Class player, 25, major ceiling.

Top quality player. Would be a great addition to the team

toptoon
10-07-2023, 10:41 PM
Would be a good signing from clips I’ve seen. Two doubts about the truth in this: 1, It’s from football transfers 2. He’s been promised regular playing time.
Eddie likes a stable defense - who’s he dropping - Schar or Botman?

Ragatino
10-07-2023, 10:52 PM
Would be a good signing from clips I’ve seen. Two doubts about the truth in this: 1, It’s from football transfers 2. He’s been promised regular playing time.
Eddie likes a stable defense - who’s he dropping - Schar or Botman?

Schar plays his positron.

toonozandy
10-07-2023, 10:56 PM
Schar plays his positron.

Schar is also 32 years of age, 7 to 8 years older than Axel, so I'm guessing Eddie may want to evenly split the time these two play in that position.

Zippity
10-07-2023, 11:04 PM
Aye, if there's one to drop out, it'd be Schar for sure.

toptoon
11-07-2023, 02:06 AM
I think Schar is undroppable. He was brilliant last season (as was Botman).

Ragatino
11-07-2023, 06:31 AM
I think Schar is undroppable. He was brilliant last season (as was Botman).

He was class last season and undroppable because he doesn't have any legit competition. He was great, I don't dispute that however had we had an elite level defender like a right footed Botman challenging him for his place would he be in the same position?

Competition is healthy, Schar's at that age where pace will start to become an issue. We're not exactly the paciest back line. Positionally we are sensational, the way the guys read the game is great. Adding Disasi to the squad to challenge Schar, adding some pace and greater competition which is an improvement on Lascelles.

A great servant that Lascelles has been but we need to make improvements and the argument is not between who is better Schar or Disasi but Disasi or Lascelles.

toptoon
11-07-2023, 09:14 AM
He was class last season and undroppable because he doesn't have any legit competition. He was great, I don't dispute that however had we had an elite level defender like a right footed Botman challenging him for his place would he be in the same position?

Competition is healthy, Schar's at that age where pace will start to become an issue. We're not exactly the paciest back line. Positionally we are sensational, the way the guys read the game is great. Adding Disasi to the squad to challenge Schar, adding some pace and greater competition which is an improvement on Lascelles.

A great servant that Lascelles has been but we need to make improvements and the argument is not between who is better Schar or Disasi but Disasi or Lascelles.

If Disasi is to replace Lascelles then great but the OP stated that D had been assured of game time.
Schar is a better passer and finisher than Botman but the latter is better in defense. They compliment each other well.

Sclox
11-07-2023, 10:11 AM
Schar is the man in my eyes, however I think a quality young apprentice is wise to eventually take over in a couple of years and to give cover. I don't think theres many other Toon players spend as much time eith a sponge on their head during a game.

Zippity
11-07-2023, 11:55 AM
Yes, I'm not having a go at Schar per se (although, when he pushes up, he needs to try harder to stay goal side); it was more a reflection of his age and how strong Botman is.

tinostongue
11-07-2023, 12:03 PM
Yes, I'm not having a go at Schar per se (although, when he pushes up, he needs to try harder to stay goal side); it was more a reflection of his age and how strong Botman is.

Botman is undroppable but could be “rested” for the odd game,as will all of the team this coming season. Schar is a good footballer and can play defensive midfield if needed. Eddie just had to keep them all happy, and buying into the philosophy,it’s a squad game these days and the players should all realise that, hopefully.

Ragatino
11-07-2023, 12:55 PM
If Disasi is to replace Lascelles then great but the OP stated that D had been assured of game time.
Schar is a better passer and finisher than Botman but the latter is better in defense. They compliment each other well.

So the report says but we really don't know what the terms of his offer is. Whatever happens he's gotta be looking at the project with excitement.

TANYA_
11-07-2023, 06:00 PM
some articles are suggesting that Newcastle and Man Utd are not looking to get this lad, in fact its the lad and his agent offering him to both clubs. I know nothing about him, although many people are saying he is very good but very prone to mistakes

Nufcian
11-07-2023, 07:00 PM

OP only said he was happy with the game time discussed, not how much.

We’re unlikely to be able to play such a stable back 4 ever again, so really we need 4 CB’s getting games and developing an understanding with all the major permutations possible

toptoon
11-07-2023, 10:02 PM
OP only said he was happy with the game time discussed, not how much.

Check out the end of the 4th paragraph as well.