PDA

View Full Version : True Detective on SKY ATLANTIC

mickd1961
16-07-2023, 07:21 PM
On tonight at 9pm.

A really superb series, all three separate series were good but series 1 is an absolute classic.

baggiematt
16-07-2023, 07:57 PM
On tonight at 9pm.

A really superb series, all three separate series were good but series 1 is an absolute classic.

Brilliant series Mick. Although I didn’t like S2 that much. Looking forward to S4 this year

mickd1961
16-07-2023, 08:27 PM
Brilliant series Mick. Although I didn’t like S2 that much. Looking forward to S4 this year

Series 3 was good to Matt.

First one was stellar though with Mathew McConnaghy and Woody Harrelson.

They did a brilliant job of hiding the bad guy in plain sight, it was only the fact I’d seen him playing a very good part in Billions that told me that it had to be him, it was unlikely that he’d have accepted what looked like a “bit part” until very late in the series.

baggiematt
16-07-2023, 08:42 PM
Series 3 was good to Matt.

First one was stellar though with Mathew McConnaghy and Woody Harrelson.

They did a brilliant job of hiding the bad guy in plain sight, it was only the fact I’d seen him playing a very good part in Billions that told me that it had to be him, it was unlikely that he’d have accepted what looked like a “bit part” until very late in the series.

I've recommended it a couple of times on here before but The Night Of is another HBO series that is absolutely incredible as a similar 'who done it' type of series. Rarely mentioned but top tier!

mickd1961
16-07-2023, 09:00 PM
I've recommended it a couple of times on here before but The Night Of is another HBO series that is absolutely incredible as a similar 'who done it' type of series. Rarely mentioned but top tier!

Where can I get that series Matt?

baggiematt
16-07-2023, 09:05 PM
Where can I get that series Matt?

Should be on sky Atlantic Mick. Same as True Detective I think

mickd1961
16-07-2023, 09:08 PM
Should be on sky Atlantic Mick. Same as True Detective I think

Thanks Matt.

I’m looking forward to watching both Breaking Bad and Sopranos again at some point.

baggiematt
16-07-2023, 09:23 PM
Thanks Matt.

I’m looking forward to watching both Breaking Bad and Sopranos again at some point.

Both in my top 5 series. I've not seen Better Call Saul yet which is next on the list.

Mare of Eastown on Sky and Severance on Apple TV are also great if you haven't seen them. There's a series on Netflix called When They See Us which is a true story about a gross injustice of a bunch of lads back in the 80s - I can't quite describe how, but it gets to you.

mickd1961
16-07-2023, 10:58 PM
Both in my top 5 series. I've not seen Better Call Saul yet which is next on the list.

Mare of Eastown on Sky and Severance on Apple TV are also great if you haven't seen them. There's a series on Netflix called When They See Us which is a true story about a gross injustice of a bunch of lads back in the 80s - I can't quite describe how, but it gets to you.

Mare If Eastown is okay ish but not brilliant in my opinion Matt.

Better Call Saul and the final spin off El Camino are top notch but watch them in that order.

Bob Odenkirk is a sublime actor, if you haven’t watched Nobody then you really must, it’s classic Odenkirk.