PDA

View Full Version : Can Andersons form be ignored?

Sclox
29-07-2023, 12:05 PM
I think he should start the season for us. He is red hot right now and we need as many red hot players we can get in the mix. It would give the signal if you are good enough you will get in the 11. Theres plenty of room at the trough with the amount of games we have this season. This wasn't the dog and duck eleven he scored against.

Sclox
29-07-2023, 12:07 PM
....I have always felt this lad has something extra and he looks in great football shape.

Sclox
29-07-2023, 12:14 PM
Sorry to harp on but he could easily have had a hat trick. He looks sharp, hungry with a load of running in him.

tinostongue
29-07-2023, 01:24 PM
I think he should start the season for us. He is red hot right now and we need as many red hot players we can get in the mix. It would give the signal if you are good enough you will get in the 11. Theres plenty of room at the trough with the amount of games we have this season. This wasn't the dog and duck eleven he scored against.

Who would drop out? Not being controversial but Bruno need to up his game based on the last 3 matches. We were abysmal first half v Brighton,they were sharper, better passing, they looked very dangerous and if they keep that up this season they will be in the mix. I thought our team was fit but they looked a yard quicker to the ball, come on Eddie lay the law down!

Sclox
29-07-2023, 01:50 PM
Who would drop out? Not being controversial but Bruno need to up his game based on the last 3 matches. We were abysmal first half v Brighton,they were sharper, better passing, they looked very dangerous and if they keep that up this season they will be in the mix. I thought our team was fit but they looked a yard quicker to the ball, come on Eddie lay the law down!

This is the question. Eddie is in a great position to tell the team "look, everyone will be needed this year and if I see a drop off inform for anyone you won't start"

Perhaps tweak fornation to a 4-2-3-1 to accomodate him? He has got to start.

I think you cannot ignore the precious gold nugget of a player in form in a small squad battling on 4 fronts.

TANYA_
29-07-2023, 01:54 PM

i really think some of our bigger players were only playing at 80-90% during this tour. Dont get me wrong, they put the yards in but were not going at 100%

I attribute this to having Anderson, Miley and the rest of the youngsters doing well. I think it was maybe a subconscious fear of picking up an injury and missing the start of the season and not being able to regain their place because of how well the youngsters are doing.

To be fair, it would not concern me if Anderson or Miley were in the first 11, they have done that well

sherwoodmag
29-07-2023, 02:04 PM
Miley and Anderson both good technical footballers,Anderson looks more robust,I think his time with Bristol Rovers in Division 2 helped him.

toptoon
29-07-2023, 04:12 PM
Firstly, our squad’s been training very hard and our players look tired in the games (source: Eddie Howe). This is not a problem - friendlies results don’t matter.
Anderson looks great but he doesn’t HAVE to start. We need to play squad football this season (and, in fact, my only concern with EH is that he is very (too?) loyal to his first team players).

Sclox
29-07-2023, 04:49 PM
Firstly, our squad’s been training very hard and our players look tired in the games (source: Eddie Howe). This is not a problem - friendlies results don’t matter.
Anderson looks great but he doesn’t HAVE to start. We need to play squad football this season (and, in fact, my only concern with EH is that he is very (too?) loyal to his first team players).

Yeah. My definition of squad football is playing the men in form of which Anderson is one, but I agree Eddie will stick to the players he feels comfortable with. I think Anderson has slowly started moving into that bracket.

tinostongue
29-07-2023, 04:59 PM
Miley and Anderson both good technical footballers,Anderson looks more robust,I think his time with Bristol Rovers in Division 2 helped him.

Looks like he’s been pumping the iron anarl, Mileys tall! 6ft 3 ins apparently, these two will be the bedrock of our midfield in a few yrs time, looking forward too it.

Zippity
29-07-2023, 08:28 PM
With an Eddie Howe team, it's as much about what he does without the ball and I think that's probably something that will take a bit longer to develop than what he does with the ball.

It's exciting to see his progress, though, and Eddie himself said that Anderson is the fittest player we have by some distance.

Jammy89
29-07-2023, 08:29 PM
Anderson I think will start - not sure who will be dropped but I think he'll start.

He looks like he's gone away and worked hard over the break he's had.