PDA

View Full Version : Shearer's record

Zippity
10-08-2023, 10:47 AM
Could be safe. 😃

BBC reporting a £95 million deal has been agreed with Bayern. Down to the player now.

And that's Spurs screwed. Win-win. 😁

Nufcian
10-08-2023, 10:51 AM
Could be safe. 😃

BBC reporting a £95 million deal has been agreed with Bayern. Down to the player now.

And that's Spurs screwed. Win-win. 😁

I think Kane would be crazy not to leave Spurs.
He’s a world class striker who has inflated their finish for the last few years, and he deserves to have some medals with his name on when he retires.

Levy stiffed him out of a move to City when Kane thought they had a ‘Gentleman’s Agreement’, so I honestly believe he’ll walk for nothing next year if they don’t sell him.

As for Shearers record, Kane has showed how possible it is for that record to be taken in the holders lifetime… if he stayed at Spurs he could end up, before he passes away, with 0 achievements or records and he’s better than that.

TANYA_
10-08-2023, 10:56 AM
He’s a world class striker who has inflated their finish for the last few years, and he deserves to have some medals with his name on when he retires.

Levy stiffed him out of a move to City when Kane thought they had a ‘Gentleman’s Agreement’, so I honestly believe he’ll walk for nothing next year if they don’t sell him.

As for Shearers record, Kane has showed how possible it is for that record to be taken in the holders lifetime… if he stayed at Spurs he could end up, before he passes away, with 0 achievements or records and he’s better than that.

agree, Levy shafted him last summer.

Kane has probably weighed up the options, if he stays at Spuds, he will get Shearers record for a year or 2 before Haaland smashes it anyway.

If he goes to Bayern, he wins trophy's, titles, medals and silverware, challenges for CL honours.

His best bet was to wait until January, sign a pre contract with Bayern and leave for nothing just to rub Levy's sneck in it

bix01
10-08-2023, 11:12 AM
Would be funny if he did stay this season, then left for nowt, the record should still be safe:

1 Alan Shearer 260
2 Harry Kane 213
3 Wayne Rooney 208

Zippity
10-08-2023, 12:06 PM
I think Haaland will go to Spain after another year or two here.

HughieG
10-08-2023, 12:42 PM
He should leave. If Spurs fans then call him disloyal etc. it shows just how daft they must be.

PhoneymcRingRing
10-08-2023, 12:55 PM
Still can’t see Kane moving to Germany, we’ll see.

HughieG
10-08-2023, 12:57 PM
Still can’t see Kane moving to Germany, we’ll see.

He sounds German when he speaks.

toptoon
10-08-2023, 03:55 PM
Looks like one too.

Jammy89
10-08-2023, 06:40 PM
Couldn't make it up - apprently he's now having 2nd thoughts XD XD

GBruno
10-08-2023, 08:46 PM
Full credit to Kane if he goes to Bayern. I think we all expected him to make the easy decision and stay at Spurs. The fact he is anywhere near Shearers record shows how good he is. I actually thought he would have dropped off with the goals by now but 30 last season shows how wrong I was. He is absolute quality.

Ragatino
11-08-2023, 01:59 AM

I'll be pleased to see Kane at Bayern. It will be good for an England international to be playing on the continent. We will then have Bellingham at Real & Kane at Bayern. Abrahams at Rome is another good player who should if we had a manager better than the 20% clown England currently employ.

Shearer's record will be intact for about 3 more season until Haaland breaks it after scoring 90 goals a match in the next 2 seasons. haha

Kane has always flattered to deceive for me personally. He's scored a lot of goals but never important goals. Drogba/Shearer he ain't.

1 Goal against Croatia in the Semi final or 1 goal against Italy in the final would have marked him as a legend.

4 goals against San Marino is great, pads the stats but are pretty much meaningless.

He'll take a Bundesliga title each year he's in Germany and possibly a German cup, maybe a Europa League if they get dumped out of the UCL at the right time but that team is not a Champions League winning team.

yoonited
13-08-2023, 11:27 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIrEI62dMOs&t=2s