PDA

View Full Version : Tom Brady in brum

boinggazmic
12-08-2023, 12:29 PM
I hate to admit it but am so jealous of the blues right now..looks like they are on their way up and we going the opposite way down the toilet. Tom Brady ffs. We’res our superstars.nowt like this ever happens to us.

BARBaggies82
12-08-2023, 07:47 PM
I hate to admit it but am so jealous of the blues right now..looks like they are on their way up and we going the opposite way down the toilet. Tom Brady ffs. We’res our superstars.nowt like this ever happens to us.

I couldn't be doing with it BGNZMC

I posted last night about the absolute circus it was at Burnley (of all places!!) and I'd rather we had a more conservative ownership structure from someone who actually cared about the club, rather than some American Rugby player who has had a few Bud Lights and decided on a new play thing

mickd1961
12-08-2023, 08:01 PM
I couldn't be doing with it BGNZMC

I posted last night about the absolute circus it was at Burnley (of all places!!) and I'd rather we had a more conservative ownership structure from someone who actually cared about the club, rather than some American Rugby player who has had a few Bud Lights and decided on a new play thing

If you knew anything at all about Tom Brady you wouldn’t be saying that BAR.

A very shrewd businessman.

BARBaggies82
12-08-2023, 08:16 PM
If you knew anything at all about Tom Brady you wouldn’t be saying that BAR.

A very shrewd businessman.

I couldn't give a t0ss about whether he's a shrewd businessman.
And Im not sure he is one......his advisors are probably very shrewd but I doubt he had every heard of BirmingHAM, United Kingdom....you think he's gonna be so interested in 3-5 years time?

I've just heard him interviewed and say "you're version of football".....give me b@st@rd stength....

Mick id rather you and Des put 50 quid and a bag of scratchings into our club than some shiny toothed yank treating us like a bloody soap opera

mickd1961
12-08-2023, 08:26 PM
I couldn't give a t0ss about whether he's a shrewd businessman.
And Im not sure he is one......his advisors are probably very shrewd but I doubt he had every heard of BirmingHAM, United Kingdom....you think he's gonna be so interested in 3-5 years time?

I've just heard him interviewed and say "you're version of football".....give me b@st@rd stength....

Mick id rather you and Des put 50 quid and a bag of scratchings into our club than some shiny toothed yank treating us like a bloody soap opera

He’s the greatest player ever to have played his version of football.

He’s known to be very astute in business dealings as well.

The thing is BAR, we can get all misty eyed for the days where the local butcher owned the club but that’s now well into the past.

I watched Newcastle destroy Villa tonight and their football is a joy to behold.

At my time of life I don’t really care if Pol Pot or Kim Jong Un own the Albion, I just want to see some great football and some success before I die.

Good luck to Blues, they’ve had lousy owners for years.

boingy
12-08-2023, 09:15 PM
Let’s see how their season pans out after 2 matches.

Prando
13-08-2023, 06:34 AM
I noticed a photo on FB of Brady having a beer in a pub with some of the Blues fans yesterday. Good PR if nothing else.

Omegstrat6
13-08-2023, 07:18 AM
Being able to find owners like Reynolds and McElhenney who have both money and-seemingly-a passion for a club is rare but Brady is a top sportsman and an astute businessman. Sure, having a pint in the local with fans is a good PR move but think he will be good for Blues who seem to have at last fallen on their feet. I wish them well. If only we could attract similar interest!

Prando
13-08-2023, 08:04 AM
Irrespective of our local club rivalries, I similarly am pleased to see the Blues becoming more settled. I listened to one of their supporters on a radio phone-in speaking sensibly suggesting a maybe mid table finish this season, preparing for a promotion push the following year.
I would like to think we may have the same plans.

DaveP67 is back!
13-08-2023, 10:05 AM
Good luck to them, Brady is probably the GOAT of American Football, he is no mug and yes he has no emotional attachment to Birmingham, but he and his consortium can see an opportunity with Blues, let’s see where things are in 12 months, I bet by then they will be a completely different club moving upwards on and off the pitch.

BaggieBlood
17-08-2023, 10:54 PM
Kudos to blose, they have finally found a way to justify having a trophy room now they have added Brady's superbowls to their 2 trophies.

Always be in our shadow, whether it's Karen or Tom.

I remember when we beat them in rhe fa Cup final and our captain said they could come and look at the trophy whenever they wanted.

Fk anyone who sings fk the albion.