PDA

View Full Version : Chelsea - Money Money Money. . . More

Jammy89
15-08-2023, 06:53 PM
They are spending another £35 million on Olise from Crystal Palace.

Meeting his release clause.

Might have to sell us Hall now?

Zippity
15-08-2023, 10:28 PM
Hope so. Out of all the LB options, I think he's the best fit for us.

GBruno
15-08-2023, 11:13 PM
Hasn't Hall gone to Palace on loan? Not sure if it matters.

TANYA_
16-08-2023, 02:58 AM
Hasn't Hall gone to Palace on loan? Not sure if it matters.

that deal has stalled at the moment. Palace have reported Chelsea for tapping up Olise or something

toonozandy
16-08-2023, 04:01 AM
I wonder how CHELSEA never attract an ounce of criticism from the Premier League over their obscene expenditure? Fair play my @rse !!!!

HughieG
16-08-2023, 10:43 AM
How is it that Chelsea can do this and we can't? Is it revenue-based?

Scott Kirkland
16-08-2023, 12:42 PM
People are saying Chelsea are getting all of these players in now, in anticipation of a transfer embargo in the near future

toptoon
16-08-2023, 02:09 PM
How is it that Chelsea can do this and we can't? Is it revenue-based?

I think we could do it but to a lesser extent. I’m glad we’re not for two reasons. One is that there is now big pressure on Chelski to get CL football. If they don’t then they will be forced to sell a lot of players. Also, it’s an anti-football strategy IMO. Keeping a big, dynamic group of good players happy is not easy and this strategy is not favorable for stability and on the pitch performance. For me, Bohely is a mutation of Ashley in that he’s thinking about the business side of the club more than on the pitch.

ex_pat_magpie
16-08-2023, 04:31 PM
I think we could do it but to a lesser extent. I’m glad we’re not for two reasons. One is that there is now big pressure on Chelski to get CL football. If they don’t then they will be forced to sell a lot of players. Also, it’s an anti-football strategy IMO. Keeping a big, dynamic group of good players happy is not easy and this strategy is not favorable for stability and on the pitch performance. For me, Bohely is a mutation of Ashley in that he’s thinking about the business side of the club more than on the pitch.

You are spot on there TT. If Chelski don't make top five next season there will be an almighty upheaval at the club and also with the players.

They will have to have such a clear out that prices in the market could be affected.

They have obviously tried to copy Citeh, but to do that you need success season upon season with no risk of a slip up.

Sclox
16-08-2023, 04:42 PM
You can bet Liverpool will double down on efforts to keep them out of the top 5 after the Lavia and Caiciedo incidents and I'd say Arsee will do them no favours.

Scott Kirkland
16-08-2023, 05:21 PM
Apparently Chelsea have put Lewis Hall on the transfer list, they need to bring in more money to cover that near 1 Billion Pound outlay on players in 2 years.

HughieG
16-08-2023, 05:27 PM

I agree completely. The Chelsea strategy is not one I envy at all. I'm simply wondering how on earth, when we have something called FFP, Chelsea are allowed to spend billions on players window after window, and yet we have to watch every pound we spend.

TANYA_
16-08-2023, 05:40 PM
I agree completely. The Chelsea strategy is not one I envy at all. I'm simply wondering how on earth, when we have something called FFP, Chelsea are allowed to spend billions on players window after window, and yet we have to watch every pound we spend.

Chelsea are screwed, Some of Liverpools directors actually flew in to London and went to speak with Richard Masters over

Chelsea's spending and ffp rules.

Once the greedy bunch start to fight among themselves, they will stab each other in the back.

If they dont get a hefty punishment, it will open the floodgates for every other team to do a Chelsea.

Going to be interesting to see what happens int he future

toptoon
16-08-2023, 06:34 PM

If I buy 20 ferraris for 4 million quid and then sell them in a year for 4 million quid (plus that year’s inflation) then my real net spend is zero.
I would be horrified if we were forced to sell Bruno, Botman, Isak or Tonali next season to fit in with FFP rules.
Our strategy is completely different to Chelsea: buy young, potential and develop it to create success on the pitch (not money through trading players).

Jammy89
16-08-2023, 06:55 PM
Chelsea are screwed, Some of Liverpools directors actually flew in to London and went to speak with Richard Masters over

Chelsea's spending and ffp rules.

LiVARpool really are cacking themselves they may not get CL next season aren't they XD XD

ex_pat_magpie
16-08-2023, 07:10 PM
LiVARpool really are cacking themselves they may not get CL next season aren't they XD XD

It had to back fire with one or other of the stupid big spenders. Just like in life, you can't go on spending money you haven't got. Them banking on CL football season after season is just like a spendthrift in life hoping an elderly relative is going to pop his clogs and they expect to inherit a few bob.

TANYA_
17-08-2023, 12:35 PM
that deal has stalled at the moment. Palace have reported Chelsea for tapping up Olise or something

Ben Jacobs
@JacobsBen
1:30 PM · Aug 17, 2023

Crystal Palace chairman Steve Parish confirms Michael Olise has signed a new four-year deal despite Chelsea triggering his release clause.

Big twist. It comes off the back of Palace threatening a complaint against Chelsea for tapping up

Jammy89
17-08-2023, 06:44 PM
That is a twist I didn't see coming.

Wonder if they go back for him.