PDA

View Full Version : Lionesses

Sclox
16-08-2023, 04:07 PM
Fair play to the ladies. Well done, maybe Southgate could learn something for the men. I haven't watched a single game and I know its not a great level but you can only beat whats in front of you and respect is due for a great acheivement. Will watch the final.👍

toptoon
16-08-2023, 05:03 PM
Fair play to the ladies. Well done, maybe Southgate could learn something for the men. I haven't watched a single game and I know its not a great level but you can only beat whats in front of you and respect is due for a great acheivement. Will watch the final.👍
They are good. Haven’t watched any of the games but have seen highlights. They have that winning style - even when outplayed they still win. Basically what other countries have done to our men’s team for decades.
Wouldn’t mind seeing Wiegman manage England men.

Jammy89
16-08-2023, 06:56 PM
Aye, great result - really pleased for them.

toonozandy
16-08-2023, 09:21 PM
Sam Kerr scored the goal of the tournament with a calf injury, she turned two defenders inside out and launched a long range missile, look it up on YouTube, it's a cracker !!!! Fair play to England, they were better on the night, and should put Spain to the sword in the final.

Here is the link, and the goal is around the 1:25 mark:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC9cSaib0Jk

GBruno
17-08-2023, 08:37 PM
I watched it and was really surprised by the quality. I’ll definitely be watching the final.

Women’s football is really taking off now. They just need to keep the politics out of it imo.

TANYA_
17-08-2023, 08:47 PM
Sam Kerr scored the goal of the tournament with a calf injury, she turned two defenders inside out and launched a long range missile, look it up on YouTube, it's a cracker !!!! Fair play to England, they were better on the night, and should put Spain to the sword in the final.

Here is the link, and the goal is around the 1:25 mark:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC9cSaib0Jk

i thought Ella Toone's goal was better, an absolute belter that no keeper in the world would stop

toonozandy
18-08-2023, 02:32 AM
i thought Ella Toone's goal was better, an absolute belter that no keeper in the world would stop

I agree Ella Toone's goal was a cracker, but SAM KERR rules! Plus like me, she's an Aussie !!!!