PDA

View Full Version : Burnley 1 Villa 3

chastenor
27-08-2023, 03:08 PM
Some of today was really scary. We let Villa have far too much room and they looked like overrunning us at times, but the score could easily have been 3-3 if JR could remember where the goal is. VK needs to sort out the defence and add some backbone.Then we will be ok.

wmdave_b
27-08-2023, 06:22 PM
Still don’t know how their third was not offside. At 2-1 we were in it

outwoodclaret
28-08-2023, 05:43 AM
I only watched the highlights on MOTD and it seemed Villa in the first half simply waited to gain possession when Burnley were on the attack and then break quickly. We seemed to be caught 3 v 3 at the back. Were we simply pulled out of shape by Villa’s plan? I think VK and the staff need to get us better organised defensively. On the plus side nice to see Lyle Foster opening his PL account. It is too early for all the doom and gloom. Sheffield United nearly stole a point off Manchester City with only 20% of the possession and the pundits were praising their near perfect performance. The Blades simply had a plan to stop City and particularly Haaland (by any means) at times and it so nearly worked.

The Bedlington Terrier
28-08-2023, 06:29 AM
WE got caught out by a clever manager who had two full backs running rampant in a first half 5-3-2 formation. VK fixed it at half time and we almost nicked a point. We will learn...

army88
28-08-2023, 08:47 AM
WE got caught out by a clever manager who had two full backs running rampant in a first half 5-3-2 formation. VK fixed it at half time and we almost nicked a point. We will learn...

Well I’ll be honest then

We were garbage we had a centre back at left back who can’t play at left back AGAIN ( 2nd game we’ve had a player who can’t play there )

We have one player who’s willing to break the lines and go at their back line - other than that we played most of our football in front of them - right where they like it.

We had a a wide man in Benson who only wants to go one way - forward and remains isolated for large parts of the game.

Berg in midfield is fat he’s a yard and half off the pace and they punished us for that ( he made some decent runs in behind tbf to him ). If he’s going to play him be needs a different system

Amdouni ran and made good runs constantly and was never given the ball - he did more work for our inept midfield tbf which really played a lot of crab football - for all our signings centrally to me is our weakness.

I posted in our defeat in Mainz in Germany I think that our press is fine until it’s broken , they exploited that 2/3 times and scored and we didn’t have the pace or desire to get back and stop them.

Trafford was at fault for the first goal and if he’s going to oust Muric he needs to grow up and fast.

Lastly the centre backs aren’t strong enough for this level of football - Watkins bossed them all
Day.

If it wasnt obvious before to VK it should be now that we are in trouble unless he sorts stuff out.

I’m a little confused at some of the players - with respect Jack cork can do exactly what Berg is doing and dare I say he’s more mobile.

Larson to me looks like he has a bit in him and could be a reasonable prem player,

Foster and Amdouni are doing more work elsewhere on the field to help the in effective rest that they’re out of steam at the top end of the field. Foster took his goal well.

The Bedlington Terrier
28-08-2023, 08:55 AM
Well I’ll be honest then

We were garbage we had a centre back at left back who can’t play at left back AGAIN ( 2nd game we’ve had a player who can’t play there )

We have one player who’s willing to break the lines and go at their back line - other than that we played most of our football in front of them - right where they like it.

We had a a wide man in Benson who only wants to go one way - forward and remains isolated for large parts of the game.

Berg in midfield is fat he’s a yard and half off the pace and they punished us for that ( he made some decent runs in behind tbf to him ). If he’s going to play him be needs a different system

Amdouni ran and made good runs constantly and was never given the ball - he did more work for our inept midfield tbf which really played a lot of crab football - for all our signings centrally to me is our weakness.

I posted in our defeat in Mainz in Germany I think that our press is fine until it’s broken , they exploited that 2/3 times and scored and we didn’t have the pace or desire to get back and stop them.

Trafford was at fault for the first goal and if he’s going to oust Muric he needs to grow up and fast.

Lastly the centre backs aren’t strong enough for this level of football - Watkins bossed them all
Day.

If it wasnt obvious before to VK it should be now that we are in trouble unless he sorts stuff out.

I’m a little confused at some of the players - with respect Jack cork can do exactly what Berg is doing and dare I say he’s more mobile.

Larson to me looks like he has a bit in him and could be a reasonable prem player,

Foster and Amdouni are doing more work elsewhere on the field to help the in effective rest that they’re out of steam at the top end of the field. Foster took his goal well.

I'm still perplexed why Mr Box-to-Box Brownhill is not getting a kick. :confused:

army88
28-08-2023, 09:16 AM
I'm still perplexed why Mr Box-to-Box Brownhill is not getting a kick. :confused:

I think Bt he’s refused a contract offer ( money ) and he’s going out the door unless he gives in and accepts what we’re offering- tbf to him looking at who’s starting in front of him - I’d be off as well.

Why can’t we get a left back or play Taylor who
Knows how to defend - I don’t question VK generally but it’s beyond me why we played a new ( another C back ) at full back when we have a full back who understands defending.

We should have bough THB for 15 million money well spent imo anyway

Where is Ekdal ?

The Bedlington Terrier
28-08-2023, 09:25 AM
I think Bt he’s refused a contract offer ( money ) and he’s going out the door unless he gives in and accepts what we’re offering- tbf to him looking at who’s starting in front of him - I’d be off as well.

Why can’t we get a left back or play Taylor who
Knows how to defend - I don’t question VK generally but it’s beyond me why we played a new ( another C back ) at full back when we have a full back who understands defending.

We should have bough THB for 15 million money well spent imo anyway

Where is Ekdal ?

You have more or less echoed what my cohort of season ticket holders around me were saying post match army88. I have no idea why VK has a problem with Taylor and Ekdal is a different class to the three on display yesterday.

Terrier Taxis should be dispatched right now to the Etihad with a cheque and collection order to bring THB back to Burnley. O:)

army88
28-08-2023, 09:39 AM
You have more or less echoed what my cohort of season ticket holders around me were saying post match army88. I have no idea why VK has a problem with Taylor and Ekdal is a different class to the three on display yesterday.

Terrier Taxis should be dispatched right now to the Etihad with a cheque and collection order to bring THB back to Burnley. O:)

I’d be much happier with THB and Beyer at centre backs in games.

The Bedlington Terrier
28-08-2023, 09:44 AM

Me too mate. >;)

sinkov
28-08-2023, 09:51 AM

We've lost THB, Maatsen and Tella, plus Beyer out injured. We seem to me to be weaker now than we were at the end of last season and that is a recipe for disaster. The PL is unforgiving, even the bottom end teams will have our pants down if Vinni doesn't get a grip.

The Bedlington Terrier
28-08-2023, 09:58 AM
We've lost THB, Maatsen and Tella, plus Beyer out injured. We seem to me to be weaker now than we were at the end of last season and that is a recipe for disaster. The PL is unforgiving, even the bottom end teams will have our pants down if Vinni doesn't get a grip.

I simply fail to understand why Charlie Taylor is not starting at left back.

barrie_burn
28-08-2023, 10:36 AM
I simply fail to understand why Charlie Taylor is not starting at left back.

Because he's off to Leeds this week to help balance the books.It appears to me,as an earlier post pointed out,that Brownhill has
refused to extend his contract and therefore left us with no option other than to sell him.Could be interesting this week because
Brownhill will bring in a substantial fee and we may have some money to spend before the window closes.

sinkov
28-08-2023, 01:18 PM
Because he's off to Leeds this week to help balance the books.It appears to me,as an earlier post pointed out,that Brownhill has
refused to extend his contract and therefore left us with no option other than to sell him.Could be interesting this week because
Brownhill will bring in a substantial fee and we may have some money to spend before the window closes.

Someone supposedly 'in the know' reckons there will be 3/4 incomings this week.

chastenor
28-08-2023, 03:24 PM
I don't know if this is blasphemy but it seems to me that Kompany is much less of a genius than we thought. He appears to be relying on unrealised potential in the hope that things will come good. BUt, in the meantime, we need to get a grip on what is happening right now. His tactics are naive and he needs to do better right now before it is too late.

warminsterclaret
28-08-2023, 04:26 PM
Worth noting that the only team in the EPL to pick up more points than Villa in the last 12 months is Man Sh1tty.

Swissclaret
28-08-2023, 06:01 PM
Strange start to the season. It will take time for the team to play to their potential. I have lost count of the new signings. We got used to the team last season but I remember a degree of scepticism at the beginning - especially with a run of draws.

A lot of the team have to find their feet at this level. Some may do, some may not.

On the positive side, Foster got a monkey off his back. Hopefully we will begin to see the best of him. Defensively, we do need Charlie at left - back as an experienced defender.

wmdave_b
28-08-2023, 06:09 PM
Agree SC regarding Foster. Looks like he's gonna be a player to me. Get him and Amdouni playing together and we can have a top notch pairing, will take a bit of time for sure.

outwoodclaret
28-08-2023, 07:33 PM
Worth noting that the only team in the EPL to pick up more points than Villa in the last 12 months is Man Sh1tty.

A good point well made, Warminster.

warminsterclaret
28-08-2023, 08:22 PM
A good point well made, Warminster.

Thank you Outwood. Bring on Spurs!

Tap in MN
29-08-2023, 01:58 AM

Our midfield is far too slow and has been for a long time. VK will have a major job on hand maintaining morale considering our schedule, we will do well to have three points after six games. Like everyone else I don't understand the Taylor/Brownhill mess but I'm sure it's got nothing to do with shagging BT.

The Bedlington Terrier
29-08-2023, 05:36 AM
Our midfield is far too slow and has been for a long time. VK will have a major job on hand maintaining morale considering our schedule, we will do well to have three points after six games. Like everyone else I don't understand the Taylor/Brownhill mess but I'm sure it's got nothing to do with shagging BT.

No other rational explanation makes sense Tap in MN. B)

sinkov
29-08-2023, 08:05 AM
No other rational explanation makes sense Tap in MN. B)

Irrational team selection is by no means unusual in the beautiful game mon ami, look no further than our national team for evidence of that, and I still haven't forgotten Glenn Little sitting out half a season as Waddle and Roeder thought they could do without him.

The Bedlington Terrier
29-08-2023, 09:25 AM
Irrational team selection is by no means unusual in the beautiful game mon ami, look no further than our national team for evidence of that, and I still haven't forgotten Glenn Little sitting out half a season as Waddle and Roeder thought they could do without him.

I think it was Roeder who claimed our Glen was not fit to lace Waddles boots. XD

sinkov
29-08-2023, 03:00 PM
I think it was Roeder who claimed our Glen was not fit to lace Waddles boots. XD

Indeed it was mon ami, but I was brought up not to speak ill of the dead, so I will say no more and let Mr Roeder rest in peace.

kritichris
29-08-2023, 09:43 PM
Indeed it was mon ami, but I was brought up not to speak ill of the dead, so I will say no more and let Mr Roeder rest in peace.

I was there the night he said it, in response to a fan's question, and I thought it was arrogant and insulting, Roeder was well out of order.