PDA

View Full Version : The High Press.

The Bedlington Terrier
28-08-2023, 04:05 AM
Against City and now Villa we are allowing the opposition goalkeeper to stand on the ball for 10-30 seconds and then unchallenged play it across the goal line to two defenders with not a Claret player insight.

WTF?:confused:

Deadlydave
28-08-2023, 11:12 AM
Yes, I thought we were supposed to be a pressing team BT or maybe I missed something!! This team needs a close reevaluation on tactics, player positions and the general way we set up as so far we look weak and lacking leadership. Too many square peg round holes for me. Can anyone tell me BT what does he have against Taylor at Left back? Those playing there so far look far worse than him.

The Bedlington Terrier
28-08-2023, 11:24 AM
Yes, I thought we were supposed to be a pressing team BT or maybe I missed something!! This team needs a close reevaluation on tactics, player positions and the general way we set up as so far we look weak and lacking leadership. Too many square peg round holes for me. Can anyone tell me BT what does he have against Taylor at Left back? Those playing there so far look far worse than him.

The constant Taylor omissions are an enigma wrapped inside a mystery to both me and sinkov Dd, I'm seriously starting to worry about what's going on inside VK's head. :confused:

army88
28-08-2023, 05:46 PM
Against City and now Villa we are allowing the opposition goalkeeper to stand on the ball for 10-30 seconds and then unchallenged play it across the goal line to two defenders with not a Claret player insight.

WTF?:confused:

As I’ve alluded to before on other thread BT , I think we are reluctant to press even higher because we don’t have the speed to get back.

Yesterday was similar to the City game and Emery had done his homework because they knew that once they break the press , their transition is quick and decisive, quite simply they picked us off - once we knew they could do that we didn’t push on the keeper leaving ourselves exposed.

Reality is when desperation set in and we pushed again McGinn beat our press with one turn and they were in again.

I said after the game in Germany I thought we’d get caught out if we pressed the same way in the Premiership, sadly since then we introduced a slower midfielder than we had that day and the situation just got worse.