PDA

View Full Version : Eddie to ring the changes?

toptoon
30-08-2023, 12:29 PM
Should he?
Will he?

TANYA_
30-08-2023, 12:55 PM
Should he?
Will he?

probably not. Apparently Hall is massively unfit, only played 65 minutes in Chelsea's entire pre season schedule.

Its likely to Targett as LB if Burn is played instead of Botman.

If Lascelles gets the nod, Burn will be LB and the rest will be unchanged no doubt

Sclox
30-08-2023, 01:00 PM
Give Targett a run Eddie man.

Zippity
30-08-2023, 01:29 PM
I'd like to see us start with Gordon and Barnes and drop Miggy.

toptoon
30-08-2023, 01:40 PM
Against Brighton away, I’d like to see a forward line of
Barnes. Isak. Gordon

a midfield of
Joel Anderson. Bruno

Defence (assuming no Botman)
Targett. burn. Schar. Trips

Tonali to come on if Anderson not effective. Option to move Joel to forwad left.

Zippity
30-08-2023, 01:44 PM
I was going to suggest Anderson but, if I was going to drop anybody, it would be Bruno on current form.

However, Bruno and Tonali need more time together so I'd start them both.

toptoon
30-08-2023, 02:42 PM
I was going to suggest Anderson but, if I was going to drop anybody, it would be Bruno on current form.

However, Bruno and Tonali need more time together so I'd start them both.

I suggest dropping Tonali cos it’s away. Bruno’s better defensively.

Nufcian
30-08-2023, 04:58 PM
I suggest dropping Tonali cos it’s away. Bruno’s better defensively.

On the basis of games this season Tonali is currently playing better in every aspect of the game…. If either of them were to be dropped I’d rest Bruno.

Nufcian
30-08-2023, 04:59 PM
I think he should ring the changes, but I can only see him chasing for injury when on a losing streak.

He’ll stand by his favourite players even when they aren’t playing to their own standards… which is both a positive and a negative I would say.

MidsMagpie
30-08-2023, 06:42 PM
Sadly cant see many changes for saturday even though we are screaming out for a few Burn and Miggy out Targett and Barnes in at least should happen but sadly cant see it.

Jammy89
30-08-2023, 06:54 PM
I don't think he'll ring them as he'll feel that could upset team balance . . . which I can see.

I'd like to see Barnes and Gordan start together.

Would be good to see Targett get some run out down the left.

GBruno
30-08-2023, 08:54 PM
I’ll despair if he doesn’t make changes.

Targett at left back, Longstaff in for Bruno, Miggy out. Gordon on the right. Barnes and Isak or Isak and Wilson.

Might be time for Wilson.

toonviking
31-08-2023, 11:39 AM
I would like to see Murphy. He should have been brought on against Liverpool.

GBruno
31-08-2023, 01:04 PM
I would like to see Murphy. He should have been brought on against Liverpool.

Good shout. Worth a go.

tinostongue
31-08-2023, 06:36 PM
I’ll despair if he doesn’t make changes.

Targett at left back, Longstaff in for Bruno, Miggy out. Gordon on the right. Barnes and Isak or Isak and Wilson.

Might be time for Wilson.

Agree with all that apart from Longstaff, I would rather Anderson for Bruno, never thought I would say that!

toptoon
31-08-2023, 08:44 PM
Can’t believe so many want Bruno dropped. Short memories and concentrating on his few mistakes while not seeing what he’s done well this season.
Not on great form but our best player.

GBruno
31-08-2023, 09:04 PM
Can’t believe so many want Bruno dropped. Short memories and concentrating on his few mistakes while not seeing what he’s done well this season.

It is purely based on form. He hasn’t played great since a few weeks before the season ended.

tinostongue
01-09-2023, 01:59 PM

you just said it yourself "not on great form" and hasnt been for a while imo, my memory is fine, and i do remember when he first arrived, being undroppable back then, but this is now. Dont get me wrong, hes a great player, and yes they can have a dip in form, he doesnt seem fit and switched on, to me, but hey what do i know.