PDA

View Full Version : Gareth again.

sinkov
31-08-2023, 02:58 PM
He never fails to bemuse me, I am not Sterling's biggest fan but he's absolutely playing out out of his skin for Chelsea currently, but Gareth ignores him, while picking the likes of Maguire, who can't get near the United team, Philips who can't get near the City team and the camel driver Henderson.

Beam me up Scotty. :O

The Bedlington Terrier
31-08-2023, 03:33 PM
Where the f*uck is Nick Pope?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66668089?fbclid=IwAR3ysz7PoWQ3FeZTFZXzHLUmtwDUvwxD Yb3Jy6gDZoZfyF0cz3y2XrmPT2g

Am I reading this right or is it April Fool's Day? :confused:

Swissclaret
31-08-2023, 04:28 PM
Gareth Southgate would play Bobby Charlton or Alan Shearer if he could. Ability and form mean nothing to him.

He must have sh*gged either Slabhead, his wife or both of them. Surely there are better defenders who are playing regular first team football who are worthy of selection? How can Ben Mee never have been given a chance? Oh, he played for Burnley. So that explains that. Slabhead doesn’t play for Man Ewe but is an automatic choice!

kritichris
31-08-2023, 05:22 PM
Southgate's like a Tory PM, just dishing out jobs for his cronies irrespective of ability. Bring in Serena.

outwoodclaret
01-09-2023, 08:09 AM
He has become now a caricature of Gareth treading the boards in a stage play “Oh Dear! England”. When he is selecting players (eg Maguire and Phillips) who have no chance of being selected by their own clubs what does it say to others pushing for the chance to play for their country? Maguire offered the chance to rejuvenate his career at West Ham turns it down. Another Henderson has opted for a fat retirement cheque in the KSA. I am no great fan of Sterling but he is in top form at the moment. If playing well doesn’t get you selected but playing poorly or even not at all guarantees a call what the Donald Duck is going on? I’d almost come to the point where I really thought I wouldn’t bother commenting again on one of Southgate’s squads but here I am (to quote sinkov) hopelessly drawn like a moth to a flame. Southgate is by no means the worst manager in England’s history. He has had some measure of success but he shows no capacity to be better. Tomorrow we will be better is a mantra of VK. I don’t see the promise of a better tomorrow with Southgate’s England.

sinkov
02-09-2023, 06:14 PM
Where the f*uck is Nick Pope?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66668089?fbclid=IwAR3ysz7PoWQ3FeZTFZXzHLUmtwDUvwxD Yb3Jy6gDZoZfyF0cz3y2XrmPT2g

Am I reading this right or is it April Fool's Day? :confused:

Dropping *******s at Brighton, maybe Gareth has got something right. O:)

army88
02-09-2023, 06:33 PM
He has become now a caricature of Gareth treading the boards in a stage play “Oh Dear! England”. When he is selecting players (eg Maguire and Phillips) who have no chance of being selected by their own clubs what does it say to others pushing for the chance to play for their country? Maguire offered the chance to rejuvenate his career at West Ham turns it down. Another Henderson has opted for a fat retirement cheque in the KSA. I am no great fan of Sterling but he is in top form at the moment. If playing well doesn’t get you selected but playing poorly or even not at all guarantees a call what the Donald Duck is going on? I’d almost come to the point where I really thought I wouldn’t bother commenting again on one of Southgate’s squads but here I am (to quote sinkov) hopelessly drawn like a moth to a flame. Southgate is by no means the worst manager in England’s history. He has had some measure of success but he shows no capacity to be better. Tomorrow we will be better is a mantra of VK. I don’t see the promise of a better tomorrow with Southgate’s England.

Those were my thoughts exactly outwood , for young up coming centre backs or anyone wanting to represent their country what measage does that send.

The Bedlington Terrier
02-09-2023, 08:34 PM
Southgate has got himself wedged in between social issues and managing the national football team.

Quite frankly I think he's proper $hite at doing either. :blue:

sinkov
02-09-2023, 09:45 PM
He gets so much on my wick I almost, but not quite, want England to lose.

The Bedlington Terrier
03-09-2023, 06:03 AM
He gets so much on my wick I almost, but not quite, want England to lose.

I fail to understand why he needs to discuss the social issues of the day and insists on picking Maguire and Henderson. Has he suffered one of VK's brain haemorrhages?

Kompany's tactics and team selection were mystifying in the extreme yesterday. We will soon find out if he is any good at this football management malarkey.

sinkov
04-09-2023, 06:35 AM
There was a fine example of Gareth's ineptitude at Turf Moor on Saturday. We were ripped to shreds by a world class player in James Maddison, but Gareth doesn't want to know, Maddison was ignored by Gareth throughout the WC Finals and has started just three games for England, the first in March this year. On the other hand, a player of comparatively limited ability like Kalvin Phillips has been selected by Gareth 27 times.

The Bedlington Terrier
04-09-2023, 07:12 AM
Happen Southgate doesn't care much for petulant, cheating, arrogant little so & so's like Maddison mon ami? What a w@nker he is. :mad:

Swissclaret
04-09-2023, 08:55 AM
Hard to understand Southgate. He was reluctant to select Grealish. Whilst BT is right in some respects, they are all cheats and some are «*difficult*» but Maddison was a class apart on Saturday. Maguire can’t get into the first team at Manure yet seems to be the first name on the list. Explain that one!

England needs creative players like Maddison if we are ever to be a real force to be reckoned with. We don’t need players who pass square or backwards all the time. On Saturday Maddison was looking for the ball, always looking to create something, pick the right pass for the forwards. His goal was top notch by anyone’s standard.

The Bedlington Terrier
04-09-2023, 09:33 AM
I watched with horror Maguire lumber around the Emirates for the last twenty minutes yesterday alongside Evans. What on earth is the United manager thinking? :confused:

sinkov
09-09-2023, 08:46 AM
Happen Southgate doesn't care much for petulant, cheating, arrogant little so & so's like Maddison mon ami? What a w@nker he is. :mad:

"James Maddison: I love being the villain – I want to entertain like Gazza did"

There you are mon ami, James was playing for the both of us, he entertained me and he was the villain for you. What more could you ask for.

The Bedlington Terrier
09-09-2023, 08:59 AM
"James Maddison: I love being the villain – I want to entertain like Gazza did"

There you are mon ami, James was playing for the both of us, he entertained me and he was the villain for you. What more could you ask for.

Is it OK to ask if I can poke him in both eyes with a sharp stick? :mad:

sinkov
09-09-2023, 12:23 PM
Is it OK to ask if I can poke him in both eyes with a sharp stick? :mad:

You can poke him with whatever you like mon ami, I'm quite liberal in that respect. O:)

kritichris
09-09-2023, 04:52 PM
Kane ends up midfield providing an assist to a defender for the equaliser, we're like an oil tanker lumbering forward being harassed by MTBs, diplodocus springs to mind.

Swissclaret
09-09-2023, 06:25 PM
A draw. That really demonstrates that England is a team of world-beaters! Is it the players or is it.Southgate?

I will let sinkov answer that question.

Supersub6
09-09-2023, 06:54 PM
Too many of our lot suffer from the PL Syndrome of rolling around whenever anyone is near them. They have become so accustomed to conning the officials that, when they come up against a proper official who has not been indoctrinated in PL ways, they whinge and forget that they are there to win a game of football.
Is the paint dry yet?

sinkov
09-09-2023, 07:00 PM
A draw. That really demonstrates that England is a team of world-beaters! Is it the players or is it.Southgate?

I will let sinkov answer that question.

Doesn't need me does it Swiss. >;)

sinkov
09-09-2023, 07:04 PM
The only thing more tedious than watching England aimlessly passing the ball around the half way line for 75 minutes was listening to Dion Dublin spouting drivel non-stop for 90 odd minutes. Verbal diarrhea doesn't even begin to cover it, and doesn't he love the sound of his own voice.

Supersub6
09-09-2023, 08:06 PM
The only thing more tedious than watching England aimlessly passing the ball around the half way line for 75 minutes was listening to Dion Dublin spouting drivel non-stop for 90 odd minutes. Verbal diarrhea doesn't even begin to cover it, and doesn't he love the sound of his own voice.

Well, I did my best to inspire them because I had a great Earth, Wind and Fire album on the deck which made things a lot more bearable.

sinkov
10-09-2023, 07:01 AM
I'm still trying to work out why a match winner like Bellingham was taken off, while the cart-horse that is Henderson was allowed to keep lumbering around the field. I have to hold my hand up, Gareth sees things on a football field that I don't.

Swissclaret
10-09-2023, 10:02 AM
I do not watch England matches. I gave up years ago. Southgate is better than our opposition at stifling our talented players. Bellingham, Foden, Maddison, Saka to name a few.

The Bedlington Terrier
10-09-2023, 11:47 AM
I'm going to own up and admit I didn't even know the kick-off time and missed the game altogether. Doesn't sound like I missed much. :s

sinkov
10-09-2023, 12:14 PM
Doesn't sound like I missed much. :s

Only another fine example of Gareth's negativity and ineptitude.

The Bedlington Terrier
10-09-2023, 12:23 PM
Only another fine example of Gareth's negativity and ineptitude.

Perhaps his social conscience got the better of him and he gave Ukraine the draw?

sinkov
10-09-2023, 08:03 PM
Perhaps his social conscience got the better of him and he gave Ukraine the draw?

His social conscience must have persuaded him to start Henderson, I can think of no other reason he was out there in an England shirt.

kritichris
10-09-2023, 09:58 PM
With slabhead at the heart of his defence there is not going to be any quick exciting movement forward, add to that southgate's negative possession tactics which restrained our best players we were pissing against the wind. southgate is inept as was neville with the women but the FA are equally inept in keeping favour with him.

The Bedlington Terrier
11-09-2023, 06:56 AM
Henderson, Maguire and Phillips should be nowhere near the England squad. Southgate spouts "Loyalty", I could rhyme off twenty players right now who are miles ahead of them on current form.

It's time our FA ditched Loyalty" and gets shut of Southgate. :s

sinkov
11-09-2023, 07:11 AM
Henderson, Maguire and Phillips should be nowhere near the England squad. Southgate spouts "Loyalty", I could rhyme off twenty players right now who are miles ahead of them on current form.

It's time our FA ditched Loyalty" and gets shut of Southgate. :s

I honestly believe the FA are terrified of losing Gareth, they use him as a human shield from the attacks they are regularly subject to in the media. The woke media love Gareth, mouths all the right platitudes, knows when to take the knee, fully on board with all the PC Diversity and Equality BS. The FA would be lost without him, he's the only thing standing between them and a PR disaster.

sinkov
12-09-2023, 06:54 AM
Apparently Henderson is out tonight, replaced by Kalvin Phillips. Words fail me.:blue:

The Bedlington Terrier
12-09-2023, 07:16 AM
Apparently Henderson is out tonight, replaced by Kalvin Phillips. Words fail me.:blue:

Bloody hell mon ami that's a first. >;)

The Bedlington Terrier
14-09-2023, 08:07 AM
I wonder if Southgate actually believes repeating the same mistake in selecting Harry Maguire will produce a different result?