PDA

View Full Version : Massengo signs for clarets

chastenor
31-08-2023, 08:50 PM
Somebody else I've never heard of

Deadlydave
31-08-2023, 08:51 PM
Somebody else I've never heard of

Neither have I!!! Do we know how much this guy cost as yet?

sinkov
31-08-2023, 09:05 PM
Freebie, out of contract at Bristol City, he played the second half of the season on loan at Auxerre. I reckon he could be our best signing yet.

WillPark
31-08-2023, 09:13 PM
Freebie, out of contract at Bristol City, he played the second half of the season on loan at Auxerre. I reckon he could be our best signing yet.

But why does he join at this late stage? He said in the interview that VK contacted him early in the summer. That he showed real interest in him and wanting to help him develop. Why was he not here pre season?

kritichris
31-08-2023, 09:13 PM
it took me a season to get to know our last squad and now plus ca change, encore une fois. will they be here next season?

chastenor
31-08-2023, 11:18 PM

Why?

sinkov
31-08-2023, 11:21 PM
But why does he join at this late stage? He said in the interview that VK contacted him early in the summer. That he showed real interest in him and wanting to help him develop. Why was he not here pre season?

We were linked with him ages ago, possibly he was one of the first rumours of the summer. I can only think that his agent wasn't over impressed with our offer and told him to wait and see if any better offers materialised. None have done so he's now accepted our offer. Or of course it could be something else completely.

sinkov
31-08-2023, 11:40 PM
Why?

Because he's oven ready, played over 100 games for Bristol City while still six months short of his 22nd birthday. Walked straight into the Auxerre team in February and stayed in it, rarely subbed off as well, most games he played the full 90 odd minutes. His last three games for them were against PSG, Toulouse and Lens. He's not some wet behind the ears kid who might come good some time in the future, he's been there and done it already, and apart from a bit of compo we'll have to pay Bristol, there is no risk involved, we've got him for nowt.

The Bedlington Terrier
01-09-2023, 06:40 AM
By my reckoning we have a player worth around £15 million that's cost us less than three. Agree with sinkov, this is really bloody good business and if I remember rightly he's the youngest ever player to play in the Champions League. B)

army88
01-09-2023, 07:56 AM
By my reckoning we have a player worth around £15 million that's cost us less than three. Agree with sinkov, this is really bloody good business and if I remember rightly he's the youngest ever player to play in the Champions League. B)

He was Bt - and we have him for a minimum compensation fee - however we’re playing in the best most competitive league in the world so I’m going to wait and see how he fairs before we judge.
Championship is a different animal to the Prem

chastenor
01-09-2023, 08:59 AM
Because he's oven ready, played over 100 games for Bristol City while still six months short of his 22nd birthday. Walked straight into the Auxerre team in February and stayed in it, rarely subbed off as well, most games he played the full 90 odd minutes. His last three games for them were against PSG, Toulouse and Lens. He's not some wet behind the ears kid who might come good some time in the future, he's been there and done it already, and apart from a bit of compo we'll have to pay Bristol, there is no risk involved, we've got him for nowt.

Thank you Sinkov