PDA

View Full Version : Pars (H) Diddy Cup GTF

LSArab
02-09-2023, 09:38 PM
I feel very strongly that we don’t want to progress any further in this ridiculous competition

I’m worried with our thin squad what will happen with more injuries and if we have to waste time and energy in the next round against Livingston under 23s or a Welsh village or fc Edinburgh or whoever are in this mad competition

Under McKinnon we ended up playing about 50 matches and ran out of steam for the final match away at Hamilton - that led to another THREE years in the championship

I’d send Walton, McMann, Gallagher, Holt, Grimshaw, Moult away for a week on holiday - rest up as their next match is in 2 weeks

One match where we can play some youngsters and those on the fringe of first team

A shame that Rory away with Scotland

Seriously just play youngsters but give a game to

Newman
Duffy, Graham Denham
Constable

And any other young lads to make up numbers

bannon_ftd_83
02-09-2023, 09:51 PM
I feel very strongly that we don’t want to progress any further in this ridiculous competition

I’m worried with our thin squad what will happen with more injuries and if we have to waste time and energy in the next round against Livingston under 23s or a Welsh village or fc Edinburgh or whoever are in this mad competition

Under McKinnon we ended up playing about 50 matches and ran out of steam for the final match away at Hamilton - that led to another THREE years in the championship

I’d send Walton, McMann, Gallagher, Holt, Grimshaw, Moult away for a week on holiday - rest up as their next match is in 2 weeks

One match where we can play some youngsters and those on the fringe of first team

A shame that Rory away with Scotland

Seriously just play youngsters but give a game to

Newman
Duffy, Graham Denham
Constable

And any other young lads to make up numbers

completely agree. Be absolutely mental to risk any of our regular starters.

moicher
03-09-2023, 10:02 PM
agree also. I went to the final when we won it and it was the most underwhelming cup win i have ever been to. Nae point. Play 2nd string.

Stoke_Arab
03-09-2023, 10:24 PM
Depending on Spaghetti's contract we could select him at CF.
Let him get ready, start the game then sub him off after 10 minutes.

Just a thought 😁

TerryTheTerror
04-09-2023, 04:17 AM
It's we want out, put him in goal...

JamesMcClean
04-09-2023, 06:39 AM

The (unt would end up playing a phucking blinder to make sure we got through…………………

LSArab
04-09-2023, 08:54 AM

Ha ha.

Only problem is it would be unfair to young Graham and Denham to have to play in front of him !

With Newman away I think young Adams can have his home debut

I hope Moult is nowhere near the team - we don’t want any more injuries

Not sure who up front could be with Rory away

cybershed
04-09-2023, 09:17 AM
Play Birghitti in goal and get all of our outfield players and the Pars boys to lash shots at the useless **** trying to burst his pus.

Arabdownsouth
04-09-2023, 09:35 AM
I joked yesterday about playing that useless Aussie c*nt in this game, but the reality is I don't want him anywhere near our club and definitely don't want our youngsters to have to play in front of him and have their confidence shattered by the Mr f*cking Bean of goalkeeping.

arab1970
04-09-2023, 09:45 AM
Thing with this game is its on a Saturday so any player that dosnt play wont have played for 2 weeks Jim might want to keep the momentum going

Jim_Jam
04-09-2023, 10:07 AM
Play Birghitti in goal and get all of our outfield players and the Pars boys to lash shots at the useless **** trying to burst his pus.

What squad number should we give him?

70 to represent the number of goals he flogged last season?

200 to represent the wages we pay him per day this year?

arab1970
04-09-2023, 10:16 AM
What squad number should we give him?

70 to represent the number of goals he flogged last season?

200 to represent the wages we pay him per day this year?

Stoke_Arab
04-09-2023, 11:05 AM

shedka
04-09-2023, 11:10 AM
I think given the fact we are out the league Cup, the stop start nature of the league so far and no other games until the Scottish Cup begins that JG will make some changes but it'll be a mix, think he'll want to win the competition

Can see Graham starting, not sure if Denham will, would be wise though, see how he copes

Stoke_Arab
04-09-2023, 11:33 AM
I think given the fact we are out the league Cup, the stop start nature of the league so far and no other games until the Scottish Cup begins that JG will make some changes but it'll be a mix, think he'll want to win the competition

Can see Graham starting, not sure if Denham will, would be wise though, see how he copes

Did you mean Scottish Cup? We play Morton in the League on the 16th.

tHeArAb
04-09-2023, 12:08 PM
Scottish Cup doesn't begin for us until 25th Nov.

Chick A Saw
04-09-2023, 02:15 PM
To add to this in reply to Stoke last night......

"For another thread really, but this game will demonstrate to some how close to a threadbare squad we really are when all the "Why are we playing XYZ" questions come out. I think at least 6/7 of yesterdays team will start next week because there are no replacements available.

Hopefully Moult, Cujoe and the defensive rocks are rested, but the likes of Middleton, Watt, and Glass should play for differing reasons."

I really do not want to see Walton, Moult, Gallacher, Cudjoe and Holt starting in this one, but i am aware that some may be away on international duty. Middleton has to play with a brief to put some fecking effort in, Watt through the middle and put some fecking effort in, Freeman just to build up some confidence, and Glass to keep up the good work towards his improvement.

Adams,
Freeman, Denford, Graham, McMann,
Grimshaw,
Fotheringham, Glass, Mochrie(?), Middleton,
Watt.

Will be there but dont care about a win, and not fussed if we get through either.

JUSTaway
04-09-2023, 02:44 PM
Given our options at right back and centre mid just now surely it would be madness to play grimshaw. I'd just be looking at fringe guys, youths and anyone needing to build fitness.

ARAbCHNID
04-09-2023, 02:56 PM
It's a pity the women have a game on Sunday, we could have used some of them.
Or is there time to organise a raffle for the fans, two lucky winners get a game?
And I don't know what the rule with mascots is, would Terry qualify?

LSArab
04-09-2023, 03:24 PM
To add to this in reply to Stoke last night......

"For another thread really, but this game will demonstrate to some how close to a threadbare squad we really are when all the "Why are we playing XYZ" questions come out. I think at least 6/7 of yesterdays team will start next week because there are no replacements available.

Hopefully Moult, Cujoe and the defensive rocks are rested, but the likes of Middleton, Watt, and Glass should play for differing reasons."

I really do not want to see Walton, Moult, Gallacher, Cudjoe and Holt starting in this one, but i am aware that some may be away on international duty. Middleton has to play with a brief to put some fecking effort in, Watt through the middle and put some fecking effort in, Freeman just to build up some confidence, and Glass to keep up the good work towards his improvement.

Adams,
Freeman, Denford, Graham, McMann,
Grimshaw,
Fotheringham, Glass, Mochrie(?), Middleton,
Watt.

Will be there but dont care about a win, and not fussed if we get through either.

Re shedka post above I sincerely hope that JG does not intend to try and go any further in this comp - let alone win it - which would be a completely empty and pointless waste of time

Imagine if we get injuries or league games delayed because we have 4 or 5 more matches in this stupid competition !

I do think though Saturday should be chance for fringe / youth / and those players trying to find form

Slight tweak to the above

Adams,
Any youngster who wants to play RB, Denham, Graham, Flynn Duffy
Constable Glass
Fotheringham, Mochrie Middleton,
Watt.

geofoxposse
05-09-2023, 12:22 PM
Sorry, but if I am going to close a business for an afternoon and commit to watching united then I expect them to try to win every game.

The season has just begun, the squad are trying to gel, so give them another game or as many as possible to play together.

Arabknight
05-09-2023, 12:30 PM
I’ll Prob nip along with the wee man. Nothing else to do on a statue day afternoon.

Wld imagine graham McLeod Kia etc will start. Prob another few young lads that have been skirting about the first team. I’d put Middleton in too. He needs to start showing what he can do pronto. In my opinion he hasn’t justified a starting place in the team so far.

Yeats 62
05-09-2023, 05:37 PM
I'd play all the young guns (if you are allowed) maybe Watt and Middleton on the bench ;) And promise that team, that no matter how far we go in this competition , we will stick with the same team/squad, even if we make the final.

If we go out, we go out. And also good game time for the young anes. We REALLY can't risk injury to our main players just now.

Captain Obvious I know, but, I worry, some can't see it.

Stoke_Arab
05-09-2023, 05:43 PM
I’ll Prob nip along with the wee man. Nothing else to do on a statue day afternoon.

Wld imagine graham McLeod Kia etc will start. Prob another few young lads that have been skirting about the first team. I’d put Middleton in too. He needs to start showing what he can do pronto. In my opinion he hasn’t justified a starting place in the team so far.

Think MacLeod is away with the under 17's. I'd play as many of the kids as possible, get a good 90 for Kai as well.

LSArab
08-09-2023, 08:45 AM
I’ll be watching tomorrow but that to me does not mean I want united to try and win.

This is a pointless competition for us and could harm our season - as it did under McKinnon

I’m keen to see how the young lads get on and will support them but don’t want United to expend any more time and energy on this after tomorrow 🙏

TerryTheTerror
08-09-2023, 08:50 AM
I don't know. It's useful to give players a game that aren't getting minutes in their legs in competitive action. Will I care is we lose? No but there is some merit in being in it.

arab1970
08-09-2023, 09:11 AM
I don't know. It's useful to give players a game that aren't getting minutes in their legs in competitive action. Will I care is we lose? No but there is some merit in being in it.

Dunfermline have major probs with players not being available, we will piss this game

JamesMcClean
08-09-2023, 11:28 AM
Dunfermline have major probs with players not being available, we will piss this game

Well that’s what we don’t want - we want out nice, early and quietly. Put out the ‘J’ League.;D

tHeArAb
08-09-2023, 05:26 PM

Nine players out. We'll win tomorrow then go on and win the competition.

Yeats 62
08-09-2023, 06:14 PM
I wouldn't mind winning tomorrow. I wouldn't mind at all winning in the final. As long as it is, an experimental team, with young players, or fringe players etc. promised they will be played all the way through.

I would be gutted if we lost a major player in this competition. (nae offence to the players that do play)

I'm going anyhoo. Worth a wee look, on another Indian summers day ( can we still say that these days ? ) :D

Shed shades required tomorrow seemingly according to Michael Fish.

Mon the young anes.............

Yeats 62
08-09-2023, 06:19 PM
Nine players out. We'll win tomorrow then go on and win the competition.

NINE players out???

Wonder why??? ;D

Teddy Bear
08-09-2023, 09:34 PM
agree also. I went to the final when we won it and it was the most underwhelming cup win i have ever been to. Nae point. Play 2nd string.

I saw rangers win it 4-0 at Hampden, pretty good final. Attendance: 48200!

Stoke_Arab
08-09-2023, 09:59 PM
I saw rangers win it 4-0 at Hampden, pretty good final. Attendance: 48200!

Was that their first trophy win 😎

Stoke_Arab
08-09-2023, 10:58 PM
I wouldn't mind winning tomorrow. I wouldn't mind at all winning in the final. As long as it is, an experimental team, with young players, or fringe players etc. promised they will be played all the way through.

I would be gutted if we lost a major player in this competition. (nae offence to the players that do play)

I'm going anyhoo. Worth a wee look, on another Indian summers day ( can we still say that these days ? ) :D

Shed shades required tomorrow seemingly according to Michael Fish.

Mon the young anes.............

Totally agree with that. Keep it as a youth tournament and give the young lads experience.

JUSTaway
09-09-2023, 09:01 AM
I think last time we won it we had to have league games shifted to midweek dates also to accommodate this diddy cup as we progressed too. It should be treated on the same level as forfarshire cup - youths, fringe players, and giving players who need it game time.

LSArab
09-09-2023, 10:06 AM
I think last time we won it we had to have league games shifted to midweek dates also to accommodate this diddy cup as we progressed too. It should be treated on the same level as forfarshire cup - youths, fringe players, and giving players who need it game time.

And we were knackered in play off second leg v Hamilton at end of the season

Ran out of puff

It cost us big time

RichArab
09-09-2023, 10:38 AM
If anyone is going, I've got an adult and an under 12 ticket that I can't use. Free to a good home 😊

LSArab
09-09-2023, 01:09 PM
Virtually full strength team.

Hope no one gets injured

Arabdownsouth
09-09-2023, 01:47 PM
4-0 United based on that line up

JamesMcClean
09-09-2023, 02:31 PM
Who's in goal? It's Walton on the team lines but listening to the radio they're saying Newman.....🤔

PT_Arab
09-09-2023, 02:45 PM

Well we’re three quarters of the way there and it’s not even half time yet.

TerryTheTerror
09-09-2023, 02:54 PM
Who's in goal? It's Walton on the team lines but listening to the radio they're saying Newman.....🤔

Definitely Walton. Newman's in the Scotland U21 squad isn't he?

TerryTheTerror
09-09-2023, 02:55 PM

Well, it's heading that way. 🙂

Stoke_Arab
09-09-2023, 03:02 PM
Fantastic goal from Glass there. Good build up play and great feet, devastating finish.

Strange selection but the manager presumably wants to see the majority of the first team building understanding.

Graham a wee bit shaky early doors but settled into a game.

Dunfermline are terrible.

Chick A Saw
09-09-2023, 04:17 PM
Fantastic goal from Glass there. Good build up play and great feet, devastating finish.

Strange selection but the manager presumably wants to see the majority of the first team building understanding.

Graham a wee bit shaky early doors but settled into a game.

Dunfermline are terrible.

Graham looked like a player who needs a run in the team, not that he will get that if Holt stays fit.

Middleton showed in flashes what he can do, but he needs to show all the time.

Loved Kai, Tilson and Glass and even Watt seemed to find some effort.

Back to the important stuff next week.

Dreamsof83
09-09-2023, 04:52 PM
Difficult to draw too many conclusions from that game. They looked like they had held a fan raffle to see who would play.

That said, you can only beat what you are up against. We did it with ease and a degree of disdain for them and McPoke that I found pleasing.

Could have been more. Nice to see 7 academy graduates on the pitch at the end. Reminds us we are doing some things right.

Another clean sheet. Another comfortable win. Let's keep the momentum rolling into next week.

Stoke_Arab
09-09-2023, 05:16 PM
Difficult to draw too many conclusions from that game. They looked like they had held a fan raffle to see who would play.

That said, you can only beat what you are up against. We did it with ease and a degree of disdain for them and McPoke that I found pleasing.

Could have been more. Nice to see 7 academy graduates on the pitch at the end. Reminds us we are doing some things right.

Another clean sheet. Another comfortable win. Let's keep the momentum rolling into next week.

Yep. I thought the two Declans were the standouts. Glass looks like he's realised this is his big chance and he's going to grab it.
Anyone without DUTV have look at his goal when the highlights are available, a beauty.

arab1970
09-09-2023, 06:41 PM
Graham looked like a player who needs a run in the team, not that he will get that if Holt stays fit.

Middleton showed in flashes what he can do, but he needs to show all the time.

Loved Kai, Tilson and Glass and even Watt seemed to find some effort.

Back to the important stuff next week.

I thought Watt was pretty crap, for the money he is on he should be absolutely bossing it in this league and he just isnt

Chick A Saw
09-09-2023, 11:49 PM
I thought Watt was pretty crap, for the money he is on he should be absolutely bossing it in this league and he just isnt

Measured against the wage packet, we are always gonna be disappointed.

weegiearab
10-09-2023, 12:38 AM
Radio scotland were singing his praises because he had pulled up his socks!

TerryTheTerror
10-09-2023, 02:43 AM

I agree, he really contributed very little.

Whitfieldarab
10-09-2023, 07:46 AM
I agree, he really contributed very little.

Same old,same old.

Stoke_Arab
10-09-2023, 09:52 PM
Some highlights

https://youtube.com/watch?v=JyfhwHJxRqo&si=QGOAz2vZfSjydilS

TerryTheTerror
14-09-2023, 03:31 PM
Peterhead away in the next round. 🤔

ARAbCHNID
15-09-2023, 07:34 AM
Awrite if you like fush :)

TerryTheTerror
15-09-2023, 08:49 AM
😂 There is a nice new Starbucks drive through in town too if that floats your boat. 🙂

ARAbCHNID
15-09-2023, 11:26 AM
😂 There is a nice new Starbucks drive through in town too if that floats your boat. 🙂

No me Terry. Lager and fush :)